Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy Womens Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #70 (permalink)
fredcatcheur
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

fredcatcheur is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Just finished watching vol 33.

Wasn't too impressed with the first hour, hour & 1/2 of the show. The new girls didn't make much of an impression on me (that said, Athena does have presence & attitude, contrary to her partner), and up until DelRey/Nevaeh, the action wasn't really memorable (Serena/Skater had potential, but was way too short at barely 7 minutes, and wasn't that great if you're neither a Skater or a Deeb mark).

I liked the Lebell Lock finish of SDR/Nevaeh (but then again, barely 5 minutes is unsufficient), Matthews/McKay II was very good, Daizee/Kurihara II was solid, Nakagawa/Hamada was great (but ultimately, it was nothing more than another special attraction match)... and the title match was once again somehow disappointing, as far as i'm concerned. Just like Shirley Crabtree, I really can't seem to really be invested in Eagles matches - even with CheerMel looking mighty fine. But at no point did I felt that Melissa could win the match and dethrone Eagles on her first title defense. Also, Eagles' finisher seems kinda weak.

So, all in all, would I recommand watching this volume ? Sure, why not. Buying it ? Let's just say that if i had a Shimmer dvd to buy, #33 wouldn't be at the top of my shopping list. Eleven matches (+ interviews & backstage segments) on a 176 min card still seems way too much, especially when most older volumes had 7-9 matches, tops, and globally much stronger cards.

(And the more I watch recent Shimmer volumes, the more I miss Jetta & the IHWC's mid-card comedy.)

Last edited by fredcatcheur : 12-22-2010 at 06:21 PM.
fredcatcheur is offline   Reply With Quote