Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #1193 (permalink)
King Kenny
The Face Of The Company

King Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whore
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticksy View Post
Here Kenny, just a rough guide on exercises to target different muscle groups.

Now of those, forget bout doing bicep and tricep stuff. Arm muscles are tiny in comparision to other muscle groups and are also getting a workout when you're doing other stuff. Not much point in trying to do isolated work on them unless you're trying to be a bodybuilder and want every bit of you to be ripped or you're vain and like to show your guns to everyone.

For me i don't do any abdominal or leg work in the gym. I can do all that at home and i don't need weights for my leg workout (basically just a lot of lunges and trying to squat with proper form and technique). Now in addition to that my shoulders are pretty well fucked for a lot of the time due to cricket so anything i do with them is more on ROM and basic strength things like cubans and whatnot.

So for the gym i tend to alternate between chest and back. I try to get in the gym on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I have cricket training on Thursday and games on Saturday so i have Monday and Friday as rest days (when i'm actually on track )

Also 10x10? you really do 10 sets with 10 reps?
Nah, not 10x10. I think I made a mistake there. I'll do 1 set anywhere between 5-10 (depending on the weight im pushing). And then repeat that 5-10 more times (or lower for how many times I do it) Does that make more sense?

I haven't been at the gym for the past 2 days (sore from gym + work), but I'm just doing squats, situps, pushups at home today before I head into work. I see a personal trainer tomorrow at 8am, so hopefully that'll give me a better understanding of what I need to do.

I really appreciate the help from everyone, thanks heaps.

King Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote