Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

526K views 6K replies 634 participants last post by  Nostalgia 
#1 ·
Thought I would bring this thread back, has died many times before but hopefully we can keep it going this time. Basically discuss anything to do with working out, weight lifting, body building, dieting, etc. Feel free to give people tips, ask and answer questions, whatever you guys want.

I started pretty recently myself. Never did anything up until I was like 18 as I was always playing high school sports so never had to worry about getting out of shape. Started doing casually since then and now been going hard for the past 4 months about. I am stronger in virtually every area now, stuff is starting to take shape and I am pretty damn happy with the results.

Goal now is to bulk up, which is tougher then it sounds :$

#2,052 ·
Rather not get hit at all if i'm honest. I bruise pretty nicely, i don't bruise easy but when i do it is pretty nasty. Had so many great ones on my legs and chest from cricket, if i ever got a properly good leg kick it wouldn't be pretty. Only ever been in 1 tumble that i'd call a fight and that was with a mate who's also a pretty huge MMA fan. He actually did BJJ for little while so we started just grappling for fun and it slowly got more and more heated b/c the dirty cunt kept biting me. Think we had about 3 or 4 'rounds', he caught me with an armbar twice, and i tapped once b/c i couldn't take the bites :lmao I ended the night with a black eye, cut chin, blood over my shirt, and bruises up and down my arm/shouler. He had 2 black eyes and a grazed up forehead. Also bruised my elbow when i hit the carpet instead of his head. Kinda glad it didn't hit him or he'd have been fucked up :eek:

#2,056 ·
So I think I broke my plateau. Was stuck at 176, but I recently weighed in at like 171.3 and just a few minutes ago at 172.8. Could be water weight, I don't know. Did I have a few cookie today, but didn't eat much else due to sleeping most of the day. Planned on doing a 3 mile run, but tapped at 2.6. :( Also did some abs.

But I want to get to 166 or so. I feel another 5lbs should do it. It's mainly my stomach I'm focusing on. Started at 196 so there's definitely progress, but not beach body ready. Definitely want to drops some extra lbs and then work on tightening my mid section up which I'm also doing now simultaneously.

I heard some suggest running not being the best cardio workout because it's stresses your legs. Any suggestions on what kind of workouts to do? I'm super dedicated to my workouts so lay it on me.

#2,057 ·
Thinking on going on dat dere clen for a while to get in better shape. Been eating pretty well for over 7-8 months preparing for this summer with a very clean bulk (only unhealthy thing I eat is white bread which I simply need for my food, fast food once per month max, no sweets or any really bad stuff at all) for the last months and working out 3-4 times a week ( intensely until total muscle exhaustion, no half assing around 15-21 sets depending on what I train) working every body part once a week except abs and sometimes legs which I did twice but still stuck at around 10% bf and finally want to get REALLY cut, around 6-7% so I'd wanna know if anyone used clen before. Would like to know if someone tried it in combo with a low carb diet. Eventual goal is to go down to 3-4%, but that's years away and not realistic right now, especially not without the cell tech considering I don't have that much muscle yet and don't want to look anorexic.

#2,059 ·
anyone else having trouble sticking to a weight loss diet plan? I do great for like 4 days, then binge and drink for 3 days straight and off set it completely. Can't help it.

#2,061 ·
Some huge dude in the gym today told me I had "Fucking Cannons" for legs today at the gym. lol. Whether a compliment or a come on, I was flattered.

#2,065 ·
Anyone here do Thrusters? I mean, HHT (horrible horrible thrusters)? I maxed out today at 185 lbs (my weight) and then went for a second thrust and couldn't the bar up and it dropped in front of me really loud. Anyone else do these and have a love/hate relationship with them?

#2,068 ·
Gonna buy myself a rowing machine, already got a fair bit of muscle mass from going the gym a few years back, just looking to trim off the fat I'm starting to get/improve my general fitness. For a good one they're about £150, so hoping to have one soon.

#2,069 ·
I got a row machine, not top of the line, about $300 USD. I have barely used it. However, my row machine at my gym is crap, so mine is better. And I guess I could use it as a bait for hot chicks! a Row Machine is cheap enough that if you buy it and use it periodically, you'll get your money's worth. good luck.

Reactions: Von Doom
#2,074 ·
Yes that would tone you up. However, my suggestion would actually be to gain more weight. The fat you have can be converted into muscle and that muscle will help burn fat, and ideally you could get to around the same weight, just a leaner version.

#2,079 ·
diet is about 70% imo. I mean you can be lean but not really ripped with diet alone. I don't count those razor skinny blokes as being ripped (abs on a skinny bloke don't count 8*D)

i went the other way than the nutrition field, did my bachelors in exercise physiology which is basically using exercise to treat chronic disease and the like.

#2,080 ·
diet is about 70% imo. I mean you can be lean but not really ripped with diet alone. I don't count those razor skinny blokes as being ripped (abs on a skinny bloke don't count 8*D)

i went the other way than the nutrition field, did my bachelors in exercise physiology which is basically using exercise to treat chronic disease and the like.
So did John Cena! Oh My God, are you John Cena!

I started into Dietitics, but it was way too much science and more along being in the medical portion. So I just switched this summer and have only a year left of classes for Nutrition now. I was able to drop like 5 biology/chemistry classes.

But I'm also doubling in Economics, and hope to get some actual corporate health job where I can tell a lot of people how to eat. So much to learn first though.

#2,085 ·
It's rough, with all the advice online. Personally, I've found lowering my protein and uping my carbs (still in a 500 calorie) deficit produced muscle.

I'l add that protein isn't linked to fat storage. Unless your fat intake is 0% I wouldn't think your intake is too inadequate.

#2,089 ·
Standing rows, cleans and presses?

If you want to isolate and work on one muscle group, isometrics is the way to go.
yep, upright rows. Maybe, if you're dangerous, behind the head pull ups. It can be bad, but I think correct form they're good for a lot of stuff. also, lateral deltoid helps. Even just sitting on an incline bench and holding the bar straight out, lifting it up and down while locking your arms is great for shoulders and even traps.

Reactions: Realdonnyv
#2,091 ·
Yeah. I hate rest days or having to avoid an injured muscle. I busted up my left shin and dead lifting with the bar so close to my shin) was a complete bitch for a month.

Dont forget your Hammies, especially if you're a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.