Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy Womens Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 03:19 AM
fredcatcheur
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

I gotta say I'm kinda burned out on Shimmer. At least on the recent volumes edited, and Prazak's booking of the title scene. The problem of having such a long reign for a champ is that it has to end with a bang, and immediately establish the new champ as an awesome threat.

But MsChif reign was a bit lackluster, during the last six months, and I'm still not convinced by Madison Eagles. I know she has her fans, but i'm just not seeing it, the same way i'm not seeing what supposedly makes Johnny Gargano so great in Chikara. So Shimmer's actual title scene doesn't do it for me. At all.

(personally, if they really wanted a heel champ, i'd have waited for Nicole Matthews to lose the tag belts, and have her defeat MsChif for the title. But that's just me.)

Now the rest of the recent cards is also a lot to blame for my lack of interest in these past volumes of Shimmer : too many short and so-so matches, that don't do much in the way of feud building, or establishing n00bs girls, and of course, the special attraction matches featuring guests or joshi stars. Yeah, those are good, but they're not doing much in the long term either : more often than not, they're just a way to give something to do for wrestlers who have accomplished everything else in the company, and fill an already stacked card.

(which is kind of why i'm annoyed when Shimmer überfans or Diva Dirt fans use Shimmer booking as the example to follow for mainstream companies, as far as women's wrestling goes. Cos nothing screams "long-term mainstream tv booking & buyrates" more than half a dozen forgettable matches, and special attraction matches between random joshi star #123654 vs already established US star, where there's no feud going on)

That said, my old Shimmer volumes are still there, and i'll add to the K-nox love. I still miss her.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome