Wrestling Forum banner

Indy Womens Discussion Thread

397K views 2K replies 178 participants last post by  go stros 
#1 ·

Here it is, by popular demand, the Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread! I'd been thinking, for a while, that there should've been one of these but, until now, I couldn't be bothered to make one myself (SHIMMER also needs to invade the 'Women of Wrestling' section but that's another story). I know that there are quite a few closet wimminz rasslin' marks knocking around WF, so it's time for you to come out of the woodwork and report in.

Some things that might need discussing:

- SHIMMER 33 is now available, for pre-order, here. I don't know who does the covers for SHIMMER DVDs but they've been awesome lately. They put ROH's dismal efforts to shame...
- Ayako Hamada recently parted ways with TNA. I'm presuming that she'll go back to Mexico or Japan on a full-time basis. There's a good chance that means that she won't be appearing at future SHIMMER tapings. Sad times.

- On a more positive note, here's a picture of Misaki Ohata:

Not sure what else needs discussing? Feel free to chime in with whatever you want, on the subject of SHIMMER - past, present and future.

See less See more
#21 ·
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Seeing as others are doing it I'll list my favourites in Shimmer

Cheerleader Melissa - always puts on a good match and I'd love to see her eventually take the belt off Eagles maybe at the next tapings in March

Nicole Matthews - Portia often gets the more attention of the Canadian Ninjas but I rate Nicole as the better wrestler her match with Melissa on Volume 27 proves she could be a singles star when the Ninjas eventually split but hopefully that doesn't happen just yet.

Kellie Skater - perhaps not as polished yet in the ring as the others I have listed but I can't help but enjoy her antics. And she deserves a lot of credit for the chops she was willing to take from Mercedes Martinez and the beating from Cheerleader Melissa in their Volume 28 match

Another favourite is someone I miss seeing in Shimmer from the early days is Rebecca Knox. I was watching Volume 5 last week and her 2/3 falls match with Daizee Haze was fantastic. I think she had to reitre due to health reasons but she was fantastic in the few matches she had in Shimmer and there were so many potentially great matches she could've had.

#22 ·

Seeing as others are doing it I'll list my favourites in Shimmer

Cheerleader Melissa - always puts on a good match and I'd love to see her eventually take the belt off Eagles maybe at the next tapings in March

Nicole Matthews - Portia often gets the more attention of the Canadian Ninjas but I rate Nicole as the better wrestler her match with Melissa on Volume 27 proves she could be a singles star when the Ninjas eventually split but hopefully that doesn't happen just yet.

Kellie Skater - perhaps not as polished yet in the ring as the others I have listed but I can't help but enjoy her antics. And she deserves a lot of credit for the chops she was willing to take from Mercedes Martinez and the beating from Cheerleader Melissa in their Volume 28 match

Another favorite is someone I miss seeing in Shimmer from the early days is Rebecca Knox. I was watching Volume 5 last week and her 2/3 falls match with Daizee Haze was fantastic. I think she had to retire due to health reasons but she was fantastic in the few matches she had in Shimmer and there were so many potentially great matches she could've had.
I agree about Nicole Matthews. At first, I didn't like her as much (I didn't like either of the Canadian Ninjas), but they've both grown on me. More Matthews than Perez though.

I do like Perez as a commentator though. Same with Danger. I think Kellie needs some time to improve in the commentator box, but she'll get there.

#28 ·

Shimmer Volume 32

Jamilia Craft vs Malia Hosaka **

-A decent opener, I really like Jamilia and can see her going far in future volumes. Malia is one of those veterans who can put on some good matches and also put over younger girls. I was glad Craft won this one and like I said I hope she goes far.

Rachel Summerlyn vs Kelly Skater * ½

-Another alright outing here, both these girls have a lot of potential and will progressively get better as time goes on. The match was fairly short much like most of them but they did good for the time they were given.

Cat Power vs Nevaeh * ¾

-Two of my favorites in this match, I really wished they got more time in there. I hope to see more matches between these two girls in the future, both are deserving of a lot of merits and will be holding gold sooner or later.

Jennifer Blake and Allison Danger vs Melanie Cruz and Annie Social **

-This was a good match in terms of the storyline development with the whole thing of Ninjas hiring Cruz and Social to take out Danger. It appears as if Blake/Danger are going for the tag belts and I wouldnt mind seeing them win eventually, although I really like Ninjas as champions. Perhaps later on.

Tomoka Nakagawa vs Jessie McKay **

-I wanted to see Jessie win but it was a good match none the less. Jessie and Tomoka could probably have another great match in the future and McKay is another I would like to see main event someday, Mckay/Eagles is destined to happen sometime.

Portia Perez vs Tennille ** ½

-Not a big fan of Tennille yet, she hasn’t showed me anything to special really but this was a a fun match and I was glad Portia won.

Sara Del Ray vs Misaki Ohata ***

-One of my favorites of the show, Misaki is one of my favorite Joshi athletes and Death Ray is just beyond awesome. I loved this match and at times actually thought Ohata was going to win :) very good stuff.

MsChif vs Daffney ** ¾

-Another one that could have been much better with more time, if they ditched at least one other match to give this one more time it would have totally stolen the show for me as they are a dream match of mine. I hope they have a gimmick match of sorts soon.

Sarah Stock vs Nicole Matthews ** ¾

-Nicole is definitely going to shine in singles action someday and this match proves it. She held her own in there with the dark angel and kept up with her, this was one of the ones I was particularly looking forward to watching and I liked it.

Daizee Haze vs Ayumi Kurihara *** ¼

-This match much like `and the following two was a potential MOTN really like Daizee's new persona and the thing with the Joshi girls is getting better and better, I love seeing them in Shimmer competition and hope it continues.

Mercedes Martinez vs Hiroyo Matsumoto *** ½

-Excellent back and forth matchup was almost as awesome as the main event even. Martinez is another one of those girls who deserves the belt in the future after all she has done in the company.

Cheerleader Melissa vs Ayako Hamada ****

-It was just as spectacular as I knew it would be. These two have had so many awesome matches together, like the Flair/Steamboat of women's wrestlers. Could watch them go at it millions of times and it would never get boring. Melissa will definitely be the next to hold the Shimmer title, it cannot be any other way.

#72 ·

Diva Dirt's Christmas Women of Wrestling Podcast is up here. It features SHIMMERers Allison Danger and Kellie Skater.

The guys who do this podcast know their shit but have a tendency to talk about LayCool too much (I guess that's what pays the bills).

Danger has her own podcast on diva-dirt.com and I know the Women of Wrestling podcast had a decent interview with Dave Prazak a while back, if you look around the site.

#74 · (Edited)

Just wanna post some of my favorite Shimmer wrestlers past and present.

Past
Alexa Thatcher - I was becoming a big fan of hers, but then she just disappeared.
MSHWC(Lacey, Rain, Jetta) - Lacey is one of my favorite women wrestlers ever.
Tiana Ringer - Loved her in ring style.
Rebecca Knox - Just flat out great in the ring.

Present
Cheerleader Melissa - My favorite women's wrestler of all time.
Ayumi Kurihara - Once saw her suplex Aja Kong in a Joshi match a year or so ago I became a fan.
Nicole Matthews
Jennifer Blake
Hamada
Misaki Ohata
Sara Del Rey
Daffney
Neveah
Veronica Vice

Also these wrestlers who may be added to my favorites list once I see more of them are Athena and Taylor Made.

#91 ·

I literally can't wait to see some of those matches. Eagles/McKay could potentially be a very good match. Jessie's been improving volume after volume, so it'll be nice to see how she handles such a big match situation. Plus, the history's already there.

#93 ·

region free

Reactions: SHIRLEY
#119 ·

Since the "post your Shimmer collection" thread recently got bumped on the Shimmer forum I thought I'd take the opportunity to post the pics of my collection here. It's a bit out of date but this is my collection as of December 14th 09.

Volumes 1-25 + 1&2 Collectors Edition all original release. (Now includes 26-33)

Volume 6 autographed by Allison Danger & Volume 13 autographed by Rain & Lacey

Volume 2 autographed by Lacey & Allison Danger and Volume 15 autographed by Amazing Kong

Daizee Haze collection 3 out of 4 DVDs and all cards autographed

Other Shimmer related best ofs. Lacey, Del Rey and Daffney ones autographed

Homewrecking Crew collection

Other Shimmer autographed 8x10s

Roster albums and flyers

Shimmer related shirts

Portia Perez collection both DVDs autographed plus ring worn shirt from Volume 24 street fight

Custom compilations made by me inc copies autographed by Melissa, MsChif & Rain

Full womens wrestling DVD collection inc non Shimmer stuff

Not Shimmer related but a big piece of my womens wrestling collection. Mickie James autographed and dated Divas title from when she won it at Night Of Champions.

#120 ·

Since the "post your Shimmer collection" thread recently got bumped on the Shimmer forum I thought I'd take the opportunity to post the pics of my collection here. It's a bit out of date but this is my collection as of December 14th 09.

Volumes 1-25 + 1&2 Collectors Edition all original release. (Now includes 26-33)

Volume 6 autographed by Allison Danger & Volume 13 autographed by Rain & Lacey

Volume 2 autographed by Lacey & Allison Danger and Volume 15 autographed by Amazing Kong

Daizee Haze collection 3 out of 4 DVDs and all cards autographed

Other Shimmer related best ofs. Lacey, Del Rey and Daffney ones autographed

Homewrecking Crew collection

Other Shimmer autographed 8x10s

Roster albums and flyers

Shimmer related shirts

Portia Perez collection both DVDs autographed plus ring worn shirt from Volume 24 street fight

Custom compilations made by me inc copies autographed by Melissa, MsChif & Rain

Full womens wrestling DVD collection inc non Shimmer stuff

Not Shimmer related but a big piece of my womens wrestling collection. Mickie James autographed and dated Divas title from when she won it at Night Of Champions.
You appear to be single-handedly keeping women's wrestling afloat there.

#131 ·

Shimmer is a little short on legit tag teams so they could always bring in Britani Knight and her mother Sweet Saraya which would be fairly unique a mother and daughter team. Blue Nikita would be another welcome European addition as well as bringing back Jetta as she's started wrestling again for Pro Wrestling Eve

#132 ·

Shimmer is a little short on legit tag teams so they could always bring in Britani Knight and her mother Sweet Saraya which would be fairly unique a mother and daughter team. Blue Nikita would be another welcome European addition as well as bringing back Jetta as she's started wrestling again for Pro Wrestling Eve
If she wasn't such a great babyface, I would have liked to see the Pink Ladies come back (McKay and Eagles).

#155 · (Edited)

They are doing some old school wrestling fight posters.

Wrestling excelence = ROH CHIKARA SHIMMER
Events I will attend on my wrestling road trip: SHIMMER 26TH & 27TH MARCH, ROH 2ND APRIL, WRESTLEMANIA 3RD APRIL, RAW 4TH, PWG WINNING 9TH APRIL.​

#182 ·

That's exactly right Shirley Crabtree III. Lufisto is all clear health wise to perform in the squared circle. Lufisto is ready and roaring to get her super hardcore anime on. She boarded a flying airplane a few hours ago presumably to chi town.

#214 ·
Agreed, great post SCIII! Classy ending also! RIP Sweet and Sour. :(

Going to be watching/reviewing Shimmer 36 some time this week. It'll be the first time I've ever reviewed one of their shows, but I feel like Shimmer deserves as much attention as possible.

I hope I handled the review with the proper amount of respect. It's always touchy covering a company for the first time. Don't want to offend them or their fans.

Shimmer Vol 36 Review!

#248 ·

The latest on 37 is that the cases will ship out from the replication house on 7/26. That means the date that the cases will arrive and orders will be able to be sent out is approximately 7/30 or 8/1.

We put a lot of time and effort into this one (thus the delay), and it's our longest release to date, clocking in at 3 hours, 14 minutes. It's one of the DVDs in our series that I'm most happy with from top to bottom, and I hope you will all agree once you have a chance to see it.

The video edit on 38 is complete as well. We're just finishing up the artwork, and it will go straight into replication once the artwork is ready this week. Realistically, we should have copies of 38 in hand probably two weeks after we get 37.

The method of ordering these new releases will be different than in the past. The only place to get the new titles will be directly from SHIMMER itself. This is a necessary step that we feel we need to take in order to continue featuring such a large variety of talent from around the world on our future events. It will enable us to put more DVD money back into the product than we had been able to in the past. ROH will continue to offer previous titles in our series through their online store while those titles remain in stock.

In the next few days, we will be setting up our own web store to either pre-order 37 individually, or to pre-order both 37 & 38 at the same time, to have them shipped together once 38 is in our hands. The second option will help save on shipping.

Read more: http://shimmerwomen.proboards.com/i...tion=display&thread=4193&page=4#ixzz1SHSG644s

#299 · (Edited)

SHIMMER Alumni in bold.

PWI Female 50 said:
1. Madison Eagles
2. Mercedes Martinez

3. Mickie James
4. Natalya
5. Madison Rayne
6. Cheerleader Melissa
7. Beth Phoenix

8. Tara
9. MsChif
10. Sara Del Rey

11. Eve Torres
12. Angelina Love
13. Layla
14. Sarita
15. Kelly Kelly
16. Serena Deeb
17. Velvet Sky
18. Ayako Hamada
19. LuFisto
20. Winter

21. Brie Bella
22. Angel Orsini
23. Melina
24. Daizee Haze
25. Nikki Roxx

26. Gail Kim
27. Jazz
28. Maryse
29. Christina Von Eerie
30. Portia Perez

31. Rosita
32. ODB
33. Nicole Matthews
34. Rachel Summerlyn

35. Jessicka Havok
36. Brittany Force
37. Kellie Skater

38. Tina San Antonio
39. Melanie Cruise
40. Cherry Bomb
41. Sassy Stephie

42. Tasha Simone
43. Alicia Fox
44. Amber O’Neal
45. Allison Danger

46. Kacee Carlisle
47. Brittany Savage
48. A.J.
49. Melissa Coates
50. Jessica James

#362 ·

Volume 42:

* Sara Del Rey video package. Del Rey calls Kana out for ignoring her and says she’ll defeat her just like a rookie.

* First match: Leva Bates (as Cyclops from X-Men) vs Mercedes Martinez. Martinez def. Leva with a fisherman’s buster.

* Mena Libra and Melanie Cruise def. Hailey Hatred and Kalamity via bridging Samoan drop from Libra to Kalamity.

* Next match is Kellie Skater vs LuFisto vs Tomoka Nakagawa vs MsChif. Tomoka pins MsChif to win.

* Yumi Ohka def. Courtney Rush via chokebomb.

* Davina Rose vs Portia Perez next. Portia calls Serena out to watch her protege in the ring. Serena comes to ringside to cheer on Davina. Portia Perez def. Davina Rose via crossface. Post-match, Perez doesn’t break the hold. Serena makes the save for Davina, then Nicole Matthews makes the save for Portia. Serena challenges Nicole to a match tonight.

* Nevaeh and Sassy Stephie def. Nikki Roxx and Ariel via pinfall after a team maneuver.

* Cheerleader Melissa def. Christina Von Eerie via Kudo Driver.

* Athena def. Jessie McKay and Mia Yim via O-Face on Yim. Great match that saw Mia debut a corkscrew moonsault which she missed but was awesome nonetheless.

* Nicole Matthews def. Serena via Roll the Dice after Portia Perez distracts Serena. Davina Rose comes out to check on Serena and a fight breaks out. Afterwards, the refereess and some of the locker room break it up. Serena challenge Portia to a No Holds Barred match on Volume 43.

* Ayako Hamada and Ayumi Kurihara def. the Knight Dynasty to retain their SHIMMER Tag Team Championships when Ayako pinned Britani. After the match, Saraya berates Britani and tells her to get her act together or she won’t be wanted by “them”.

* Kana def. Sara Del Rey via submission.

* Main event will be Madison Eagles vs Hiroyo Matsumoto for the SHIMMER Championship.

* Madison Eagles def. Hiroyo Matsumoto via HellBound to retain the SHIMMER Championship.
Looks like they're building towards Britani vs Saraya on vol. 43 or 44 as a farewell before she heads off to FCW. These two volumes look fantastic, probably some of Shimmer's finest work to date. Can't wait to see them.

#364 ·

Vol. 41 & 42 look awesome. Nice to see Ashley Lane back in Shimmer. Daizee quitting is interesting. I think she'll likely have some sort of role backstage helping Prazak out on Shimmer shows as well as running the ROH Wrestling School with Delirious. And obviously taking a break from wrestling.

Eagles & Death Rey as a Tag Team should be awesome. I wouldn't mind them winning the titles either and going onto have quite a long title run. Serena vs Portia in a No Holds Barred match is going to be great, as is Melissa vs Kana.

#368 ·

Vol. 41 & 42 look awesome. Nice to see Ashley Lane back in Shimmer. Daizee quitting is interesting. I think she'll likely have some sort of role backstage helping Prazak out on Shimmer shows as well as running the ROH Wrestling School with Delirious. And obviously taking a break from wrestling.

Eagles & Death Rey as a Tag Team should be awesome. I wouldn't mind them winning the titles either and going onto have quite a long title run. Serena vs Portia in a No Holds Barred match is going to be great, as is Melissa vs Kana.
Daizee is also studying Exercise Science in College apparently

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.