Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#638 ·
from Punk's twitter

--Workout is done. Sitting down and watching an advanced copy of @drcoltcabana wrestling road diaries. Ten minutes in and it's a must have DVD

--Wrestling Road Diaries is the real deal. A must have for any WRESTLING fan. I can't possibly heap more praise on it.
so it's finally gonna be available soon :)

#873 ·
I think every PWG match has commentary, you just have the choice to turn it on or off. (I usually turn it off, I can't stand the annoying drunks they let do their commentary)

Reactions: Corey
#955 ·
Undisputed is fucking froot, man. Haven't finished it yet but I can safely say it's already on-par with A Lion's Tale if not even higher. I love the fact how he holds nothing back and just digs up the shit. No wonder the company didn't give it much attention. Funny how Foley's book about his road to the TNA world title got the very opposite treatement.

#958 ·
I'm about a quarter of the way through his first book atm. It's a pretty entertaining read. His personality really comes through and it's definitely written in his narrative voice, rather than formal English. It takes a while to get used to that but...yeah...it's a great book so far.

#962 ·
PWG All Star Weekend V - Night One

1. Disco Machine vs. NOSAWA - **1/2

2. Rocky "Azúcar" Romero vs. Roderick Strong - ***1/2

3. "Double C" Claudio Castagnoli vs. Human Tornado (w/ Candice LeRae) - **3/4

4. Kikutaro vs. Matt Classic - N/A

5. Jack Evans vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen - ***1/3

6. The Dynasty ("Photogenic" Chris Bosh, "The Professional" Scott Lost, & Joey Ryan & Karl "Machine Gun" Anderson) vs. "The Future" Frankie Kazarian, TJ Perkins, Ronin, & Top Gun Talwar - ***

7. Kaz Hayashi vs. Alex Shelley - ***3/4

8. Low Ki vs. Davey Richards - ***3/4

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
9. El Generico (c) vs. "The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC - ****1/2

Amazing show. Most of the matches were very good, the Classic/Kikutaro one was funny, and the Main Event was insane.​

Reactions: seabs
#985 ·
Bryan Danielson's Indy Summer Vacation (4 Discs)
Disc 1:
vs Eddie Kingston - CHIKARA We Must Eat Michigans Brain
vs Tim Donst - CHIKARA Faded Scars & Lines
vs Johnny Gargano - AIW Absolution V
vs Tommy End - wXw Ambition
vs TJP - wXw Ambition
vs Johnny Moss - wXw Ambition

Disc 2:
vs Wade Fitzgerald - wXw Broken Rulz X
vs TJP - wXw Broken Rulz X
vs Bobby Fish - EVOLVE 4
vs SHINGO - DGUSA Enter The Dragon
vs Roderick Strong - PWG Seven
vs Adam Pearce - NWA Legends Fanfest V Night 1

Disc 3:
vs Zack Salvation (Finish isn't shown)
vs Drake Younger - IPW Reign Of The Insane
vs Munenori Sawa - EVOLVE 5
vs YAMATO - DGUSA Untouchable 2010
vs Jon Moxley - DGUSA Way Of The Ronin
vs Shelton Benjamin - NEW 1/10/2010

Disc 4 (Bonus Disc):
vs Chris Jericho - NXT 23.02.2010
vs The Miz - Night Of Champions 2010
vs The Miz vs John Morrison - Hell In A Cell 2010
vs Sheamus - Raw 11.10.2010
vs Dolph Ziggler - Bragging Rights 2010
vs Dolph Ziggler - Raw 25.10.2010
vs Dolph Ziggler - Smackdown 29.10.2010
vs Ted DiBiase - Survivor Series 2010
vs William Regal - Raw 20.12.2010
£6. PM me for more info.

#1,093 ·
Re: Best Dragon Gate USA DVD?

I was gonna say "anything featuring that pathetic loser Jimmy Jacobs," but that wouldn't be very helpful hahaha.

The first two shows are the best, and the First Anniversary Show is pretty good too. I'm rapidly losing interest in that style though, so I might not be the best person to answer.

#1,108 · (Edited)
ROH Honor Takes Centre Stage Night 1

El Generico vs Michael Elgin **1/2
Good opener and Elgin continues to look impressive and Generico was of course great. Wasn't a fan of the ending but it obviously set something up.

Four Corner Survival **
This was decent and quite fun. Cabana is always good but i wasn't really that impressed with Ciampa, although his finisher is pretty awesome.

Matsumoto & Kurihara vs Del Ray & Deeb ***
Hell yeah, this was a GREAT womans match, some great spots and the Joshi girls looked awesome!

Briscoes vs Cole & O'Rilley ***1/4
Really good action here, Briscoes didn't do anything that heelish in the match but they did turn up the intensity and looked more agressive than usual. ColeRilley are great and continue to impress, they have some great double team moves and give it a year or so they could be tag champs.

Roderick Strong vs Davey Richards ****1/4
These two never ever disapoint as far as i'm concerned. It did start slow, but it all led up to one of my favorite finishing sequences in a while, and the finish its self was awesome. Roddy knows how to make his finishers look weak though i have to say which probably kept it from being higher.

KOW vs WGTT ****
Another great match between these two teams. On the same level as their others IMO. The finish was great as claudio's leg had been worked on by WGTT. Hero only hit one elbow in the match and it looked brutal as did benjamins super kick. The crowd popped big for the finish as well. Oh yeah...WGTT have the greatest entrance theme ever lol.

Eddie Edwards vs Christopher Daniels ****
Great title match but i personaly thought the 9th Anniversary match was better. After the awesome taable spot it really picked up with Daniels working over the back and showing his heel side coming out, back and forth for a bit before the really good finish.

#1,152 ·

Don’t miss out on this great savings opportunity exclusively at ROHWrestling.com. Take 30% Off in stock merchandise in the ROH Online Store. NO DISCOUNT CODE IS NEEDED. Prices have already been marked down from their original list price. This offer is valid on almost all DVD’s and apparel at www.rohstore.com.

Sale ends Tuesday, April 12th at noon EST. Shipping costs can not be discounted. Offer available while supplies last. Not valid on any previously placed orders. Please note that live event tickets and subscription packages are NOT included in this offer.

NEW IN STOCK/UPCOMING DVD RELEASES:
- 9th Anniversary Show- Chicago Ridge, IL 2/26/11 (DVD-Preorder)
- World’s Greatest- Dayton, OH 2/25/11 (DVD)
- SoCal Showdown- Los Angeles, CA 1/28/11 (DVD)
- ROH on HDNet Vol. 6 (DVD)
- Kurt RussellReunion 2 The Reunioning (2 Disc Set) *this item is not included in the sale
- Guest Booker with Al Snow (DVD-R)
- Shimmer Vol. 36 (DVD)
- Shimmer Vol. 35 (DVD)
- CZW “Fantastic!” Philadelphia, PA 3/12/11/ (DVD-R)
- WWE: DX: One Last Stand (3 Disc Set)
- TNA Mick Foley- Hardcore Legend (DVD)

#1,179 ·
Results from CZW Best of the Best X:
Round One: Zack Sabre Jr. def. Akuma & Jon Gresham
Round One: Adam Cole def. Kyle O'Reilly & Johnny Gargano
Round One: Daisuke Sekimoto def. Chuck Taylor & Brandon Gatson
Round One: Sami Callihan def. AR Fox & Jake Crist

Devon Moore & CZW Tag Champs The Briscoes def. CZW Champ Robert Anthony & Philly's Most Wanted. Moore crowned new CZW Champion

Semi-Finals: Adam Cole def. Zack Sabre Jr.
Semi-Finals: Sami Callihan def. Daisuke Sekimoto

Danny Havoc def. CZW Ultraviolent Underground Champion Jun Kasai in some kind of glass panes and barbed wire match to become the new champion,

Finals: Adam Cole def. Sami Callihan
Callihan over Sekimoto? Jesus. Thankfully Cole won it all. Whole show was said to be really good.

#1,185 ·
Callihan over Sekimoto? Jesus. Thankfully Cole won it all. Whole show was said to be really good.
Callihan is looking like the next champ after whatever happens to Moore/Ego so that was expected. Glad Cole won, his heel act has been the best thing about CZW for awhile. Only saw the semis/final and Kasai/Havoc but it seemed like one of the better shows CZW has put out in awhile, long rambling DJ Hyde promo at the end and the finals finish aside.

Wait Devon Moore is new CZW champ... Fuck thats awful.
Better that then Sabian winning the tag straps again. I think Ego may win it back tonight but Hyde booked himself in a corner when he did Briscoes/Moore vs. PMW/Ego with all the titles on the line.

#1,275 ·
IPW:UK Brawl At The Hall 6

LDRS Of The School vs The All Stars
***1/2

Martin Stone vs Leroy Kincaide
***1/4

Eddie Edwards vs Mark Haskins
***1/2

The All Stars vs ¡Peligro Abejas!
***1/4

Team Redman vs Team Gordon
***1/2

Dave Mastiff vs Sha Samuels

LDRS Of The New School vs ¡Peligro Abejas!

Overall:
Awesome show and one of the best Indy shows that I've seen from last year. Not a single bad match on the card and the only match under *** was cut short due to a run in. The tag round robin was fantastic and the 6 man brawl was booked brilliantly. Highly reccomended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.