Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #5155 (permalink)
BGLWrestlingGod
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

BGLWrestlingGod 1001 - 1500BGLWrestlingGod 1001 - 1500BGLWrestlingGod 1001 - 1500BGLWrestlingGod 1001 - 1500BGLWrestlingGod 1001 - 1500BGLWrestlingGod 1001 - 1500BGLWrestlingGod 1001 - 1500BGLWrestlingGod 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Finished watching No Surrender '10 today. I liked this event so much that when I bought the "Twin Pack," I made sure to watch this one first. Another poster said this was the best TNA PPV of the year, and I completely agree. It's also one of my favorite ppvs of the year, period.

Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me
Some people call them spotfests, others classics. I think it's both. These two matches between MCMG and Gen Me were just full of awesome moves and an interesting idea: that there's a team fasther than MCMG. This match is a lot of fun, given enough time, and a great opener.

***1/2

Douglas Williams vs. Sabu
I'm not going to lie: this is an awesome pairing. Williams is work-rate through and through, and Sabu, though joked about for botching, always gives 100%, even at 45. It wasn't the classic that it would have been, say, seven or eight years ago, but it was still fun for what it was.

**3/4

Velvet Sky vs. Madison Rayne
Why did it have to be the knockout's match? The first dud on the card. Typical Divas match. Yes, I meant it.

Abyss vs. Rhino
If you've seen one Abyss brawl, then you really have seen them all. Formulaic, but entertaining for what it was. Not as good as their FCA match from '06. Abyss has lost a few steps, and gained a few pounds.

**1/2

Sting & Kevin Nash vs. Jeff Jarrett & Samoa Joe
I got nothing but love for the WCW legends, but this match was weak. This storyline went NOWHERE, and this was one of the stops along the way. Sting can hardly the move, the action is pretty standard, and it all feels like it belongs on iMPACT!

**1/4

AJ Styles vs. Tommy Dreamer
A solid "extreme" type match. Never quite the classic as Dreamer/Anderson, but anyone who thinks Dreamer doesn't give 100% is nuts. This is a great cocky heel/babyface match, and both play their roles perfectly. The action is good and the match features one of the most cringeworthy endings I've ever seen.

***1/4

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy
Match of the year? Hardly. A solid finisher-fest for the first twenty minutes, but then it goes on 10 minutes too long. If you watch big WWE matches, you'll see that no one ever hits their finisher on an opponent more than three times during a match, especially if they've kicked out twice (the exception might be Triple H vs. Sheamus from Extreme Rules, a match that I hated). Here, Hardy hits the twist of fate and swanton so many times that it hardly meant anything by the end. Same for Angle and his finishers. There is such a thing as too many finishers. Also, the overtimes were pointless. Nothing exciting happened, and it just felt like the match had already ended, and then culminated in a "draw." I get what they were trying to do, but it was just more typical TNA overbooking.

***1/4

Mr. Anderson vs. The Pope
Good main event. Better than their match at AAO, which I still enjoyed, but didn't have the same heat. The crowd was dead, but they popped for the right moments. A solid prelude to BFG.

1. Triple-Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - WrestleMania XX

2. Career Threatening Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair - WrestleMania XXIV

3. WWE Championship: John Cena vs. CM Punk - Money in the Bank 2011

4. No Holds Barred Match: The Undertaker vs. Triple H - WrestleMania XXVII

5. WWF Championship: Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior - WrestleMania VI