Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

View Single Post

Old 11-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #71 (permalink)
New Blood
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

The thing I love about Lucha and old school territory wrestling is how unpretentious it is. Both rely on tradition, excitement and hot crowds. I have a big problem with indie crowds these days as the fans are just so up their asses and shit on everything or try to put themselves over all the time instead of just watching the show. Another part is the wrestling itself. While I do enjoy technical wrestling, I'll take a great brawl or an exciting classic lucha match over a lot of ROH's stuff anymore.

I was looking at an updated list of my favorite matches from all promotions and a trend that ran through the whole list was intensity and excitement. Probably why matches like Chicana/MS1 and El Hijo del Santo/Negro Casas showed up really high. Match that with Stan Hansen possibly being my favorite wrestler and you got one hell of a list.

5 Men That You Should Never Doubt
1. El Dandy
2. Stan Hansen
3. Clint Eastwood
4. Charles Bronson
5. Ron Swanson
New Blood is offline   Reply With Quote