Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

View Single Post

Old 11-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #53 (permalink)
USAUSA1
Getting over in the mid-card

USAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friendsUSAUSA1 needs to make some friends
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

Lucha just not the same anymore. AAA and CMLL been having a decent to bad year and it's November. My lucha match of the year is La Parka vs. LA PARK based on the importance and heat. It reminded me of old big lucha matches. Panther vs. Villano V from two years ago is an example of old school lucha with importance and just amazing heat. That is lucha at it best. Like the Taker vs. HBK Mania matches, technically those matches were not the best matches of the year workrate wise but the importance,emotional connection with the crowd mixed with pretty damn good wrestling push it over the top to make it classic. That is LUCHA LIBRE at best.

Past 5 years best lucha matches from the big two.
Ultimo Guerrero vs. Mistico February 2005 mano a mano match.
La Parka vs. Mesias when he had the mask,mask vs. mask
Mesias vs. Cibernetico Rey De Reyes(yeah, the build up is what made this special,everything went right) Personal choice
Blue Panther vs. Villano V
La Park vs. La Parka Triplemania
Wagner vs. Mesias Triplemania (BEST LUCHA MATCH IN THE PAST 5 YEARS)
Mistico vs. Black Warrior Mask vs. Mask
Mistico vs. Perro Jr, forgot the date
Santo,Mistico,Casas vs. Ultimo Guerrero,Black Warrior and Atlantis

There are more matches but these one's stand out the most because of their importance.

Mesias and Mistico is definitely my favorite lucha wrestlers in the past 5 years. Mesias more so because he can play babyface and heel. Technically and workrate wise, Rey Bucanero is the best wrestler in lucha
USAUSA1 is online now   Reply With Quote