Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - GCB's WWE

Thread: GCB's WWE
View Single Post

Old 10-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
GCB
Learning to break kayfabe

GCB is an after thoughtGCB is an after thought
Default Re: GCB's WWE

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN!
Live from Bloomington, Illinois

Smackdown opens with a video of the World Heavyweight Title match at ‘Night of Champions’ between Kane and the Undertaker. The video focuses on the weakened state of the Undertaker and uses past clips from the Deadman in his prime to highlight how he struggled on Sunday night. It then shows the end of the match with Kane picking up the win and retaining the World Heavyweight Title, raising it high in the air with the Undertaker defeated in the middle of the ring.

*** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO ***

The camera pans around the arena in Bloomington, Illinois, as the crowd cheer the start of Friday Night Smackdown which is hosted by Todd Grisham and Matt Striker.

TODD GRISHAM
Welcome to Friday Night Smackdown, five nights removed from ‘Night of Champions’ where Kane scored a crushing victory over his brother, the Undertaker.

MATT STRIKER
That’s right, Kane with a decisive victory over the Deadman and now, maybe, the power lies with the little brother for the first time in WWE history.

TODD GRISHAM
And speaking of the World Heavyweight Champion ... here he comes.

TONY CHIMEL
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the World Heavyweight Champion ... KANE!

Kane strides to the ring in the darkness and the eerie red lights, the jeers of the crowd ringing in the background. He enters the ring over the top rope with the World Heavyweight Title around his waist, glowing red, and takes a microphone with the red lighting still permeating through the arena. Kane’s music is replaced with background eerie music to accompany Kane’s address to the crowd. Kane stands laughing maniacally as he prepares to talk ...

KANE
At ‘Night of Champions’ on Sunday, I proved to you all that I am the Devil’s favourite demon ... I proved that I am the dominant force in my family, on Smackdown and in the WWE.

The crowd jeer and boo but there is something chillingly true about Kane’s comments.

KANE
I took your hero, your Undertaker ... I beat him to within an inch of hell’s gates and then I tombstoned him to retain the World Title. I left his battered, bloody carcus in the ring, almost dead, and I walked out ... walked out on your hero, my brother, with my vengeance almost complete.

In the background, an ‘Un-der-ta-ker’ chant begins to emerge but it isn’t strong and Kane ignores it.

KANE
For thirteen years, I have planned my vengeance and now I have almost achieved it. My big brother now answers to me and I am ready to destroy him once and for all. I have beaten him down, I have humiliated him in front of the world, I have destroyed his legacy ... Now it is time to finish him for good.

There is no doubting the intensity and effect of Kane’s words on the crowd as their attempts to unsettle the ‘Big Red Monster’ fail miserably.

KANE
I have dreamt of this moment for thirteen years and at ‘No Mercy’ ...

Kane laughs at the PPV name.

KANE
... at ‘No Mercy’ my vengeance will be complete. I am challenging you, big brother, to a match that will allow me destroy your legacy and your legend for good. You and me, Deadman, one on one ... Casket match.

The crowd roar their approval at the idea of a Casket match between Kane and the Undertaker ...

KANE
A Casket Match where I will destroy you forever. A Casket Match where I will extinguish your life and your soul, Deadman. A Casket Match where I will send you to the fiery depths of hell for all eternity, big brother ... I know you’ll accept my challenge, you have no choice. What do you say, Undertaker?

The eerie music fades out and Kane turns expectantly towards the stage waiting for the Undertaker to respond. The crowd turn too and a louder ‘Un-der-ta-ker’ chant starts up as the WWE Universe begins to anticipate the arrival of the Phenom ...

... and they wait ...

... and they wait ...

... and nobody arrives. Kane looks a little agitated at the non-arrival of his brother.

KANE
Get yourself out here, Phenom, get yourself out here and accept my challenge. The creatures of the night are all willing you to accept my challenge. Accept and let me get ... MY ... VENGEANCE!

Eyes turn towards the stage again and the imminent arrival of the Undertaker is expected. The eerie red lights flicker and lift and the crowd begin to cheer and then the music hits ... but it isn’t that of the Deadman.

TONY CHIMEL
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome ... KOFI KINGSTON!

Kofi Kingston enters the arena with his bouncing style, accepting the handshakes of the crowd in the aisle, as he heads towards the ring. He locks eyes with Kane as he nears the ring before bounding up the steps into the ring. Kane glares at Kofi but refrains from attack as Kofi lifts himself into the corner of the ring for his ‘Boom! Boom! Boom!’ pose before he turns to take a microphone and faces Kane in the ring.

KANE
What do you want?

A large ‘Kofi!’ chant echoes around the arena as Kingston grins, facing Kane, he clearly has something to say to the World Champion.

KOFI KINGSTON
Look, man, I’m not out here to get involved in your problems with the Undertaker. I’m here because of what is around your waist – the World Heavyweight Championship.

The crowd pop for Kofi’s new ambition to be the World Champion.

KOFI KINGSTON
At ‘Night of Champions’ on Sunday, I was cheated out of the Intercontinental Title one more time by Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero. That’s the third time in a matter of weeks ... So I got to thinking – I’ve been Intercontinental Champion for a while, why don’t I start setting my sights a little higher?

Kane smirks and begins to laugh at Kofi ...

KANE
You mean my title? Did you see what I did to the Undertaker at ‘Night of Champions?’ Did you see how I destroyed the so-called ‘Phenom’ of the WWE?

KOFI KINGSTON
I’m not disputing that you are a worthy champion, Kane, I’m just out here to prove that I have what it takes to be the World Champion in the future.

KANE
No, Kofi, you are out here to make the biggest mistake of your life? What makes you think that you are worthy of being in the ring with the ‘Devil’s Favourite Demon,’ Kofi? What makes you think that you are worthy of a shot at this title? I have made a challenge to my brother, the Undertaker, at ‘No Mercy’ and he will face me. He has no choice. You? You have a choice. You can get out of my way ... now!

Kofi looks around and takes a step back before – a determined look on his face – standing his ground and staring Kane dead in the eye.

KOFI KINGSTON
No. I am here to prove that I am a future World Champion and I am here to challenge you, Kane. I will not back down from you.

KANE
Big mistake, Kofi, big ...

Kane drops the microphone and seizes Kofi by the throat looking to choke the life out of him and set him up for a chokeslam. Kofi struggles for a moment, surprised, but then kicks the knee of Kane to break the hold. Kane, angered, swings at Kofi but he ducks out of the way before hitting the ‘Trouble in Paradise’ to a out of position Kane who falls through the ropes to the outside with a look of shock on his face as the fans cheer loud for Kofi Kingston’s actions. Kane begins to back away talking smack but then more music sounds ...

... and Teddy Long, the Smackdown General Manager, heads out onto the stage with a microphone to a good reception from the crowd.

TEDDY LONG
Hold on, playas, hold on. Kofi Kingston ... I am sure – and I think the WWE Universe will agree with me – that you are a future World Champion here on Smackdown, playa. And after the way you lost your Intercontinental Title, I think you deserve a chance to show what you can do. So, Kane, tonight ... it will be you against Kofi Kingston, one on one here on Smackdown!

The crowd cheer, Kofi smiles but Kane looks angry and marches up to the General Manager who looks intimidated but stands his grounds.

TEDDY LONG
Hold it, champ, you don’t wanna’ go there. What is more Kane, I am going to make a match for you at ‘No Mercy’ and it is the match you want. It will be the World Champion, Kane, against the Undertaker!

The crowd cheer again at the mention of the Undertaker having a title match at ‘No Mercy’ but this news also makes Kane smile and he backs away from the General Manager at little.

TEDDY LONG
And Kane ... if you beat Kofi Kingston here on Smackdown tonight, I will allow you to choose the stipulation for your match with the Undertaker at ‘No Mercy’ – whatever you like ... If you want a Casket Match, you can have a Casket Match!

Kane looks delighted and nods his head at the General Manager. A sadistic smile spreads to the World Champion’s face as he contemplates a Casket Match to end the legacy of his brother.

TEDDY LONG
... However, playa, if you lose to Kofi Kingston tonight ...

The anticipation levels in the crowd rise as they sense a big announcement that Kane isn’t going to like.

TEDDY LONG
... I get to choose the stipulation and it will be a Triple Threat – Kane vs. The Undertaker vs. ... KOFI KINGSTON! Holla!

Kane looks angry and begins to stalk after Teddy Long as his music plays. The General Manager decides to get out of the way and Kane follows him; the camera ends with a smiling Kofi Kingston in the ring, happy that he has a chance to steal a place in the World Heavyweight Title match at ‘No Mercy.’

********** COMMERCIAL **********

Smackdown returns with a graphic advertising the main event tonight: Kofi Kingston against the World Champion, Kane.

TODD GRISHAM
Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown where we just heard from Teddy Long that World Champion, Kane, will face Kofi Kingston tonight and if Kofi wins, he will be part of the World Title match at ‘No Mercy’ in two weeks time.

MATT STRIKER
But if Kane wins, Todd, it will be Kane vs. Undertaker at ‘No Mercy’ with Kane, the Devil’s Favourite Demon, choosing the stipulations for the match.

TODD GRISHAM
Will Kane get his wish for a Casket Match with the Undertaker at ‘No Mercy’ with the title on the line? Or can Kofi Kingston pull off a huge win and earn himself a title shot?

TONY CHIMEL
This match is set for one fall. Introducing first, accompanied to the ring by Tamina and Jay Uso, weighing in at 240 pounds from San Francisco, California ... JIMMY USO!

The tag team title number one contenders make their way out onto the stage with Jimmy Uso dressed for action. As they head to the ring, footage of their victory in the number one contender match on Raw airs.

TODD GRISHAM
Here come the Uso Brothers who beat off the challenge of Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella as well as the former champions, the Hart Dynasty, on Monday night on Raw.

MATT STRIKER
After originally planning to face Mark Henry and Evan Bourne in a Fatal 4-Way, the match was made into a Triple Threat after the new champions, Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre, attacked Bourne and Henry before the match.

TODD GRISHAM
Many people are speculating that the new champions are afraid of Bourne and Henry – Smackdown’s newest recruits after they were drafted over from RAW this week – and that they took them out to avoid having to face them at ‘No Mercy’ with the Uso’s taking on that challenge now after their win.

MATT STRIKER
You’ve got to admire the way that Rhodes and McIntyre go about their business. They’d better keep their eyes on their new challengers though – the Uso’s are more than capable of upsetting them for the titles.

TODD GRISHAM
Especially with the distraction of Tamina at ringside ... as Santino Marella found to his cost on RAW!

TONY CHIMEL
And his opponent, accompanied to the ring by Drew McIntyre, weighing in at 223 pounds fromCharlotte, North Carolina ... he is one half of the Unified Tag Team Champions ... ‘DASHING’ CODY RHODES!

TODD GRISHAM
And here he comes ... ‘Dashing’ Cody Rhodes.

MATT STRIKER
Why do you mock Cody when you say the word ‘Dashing’ to introduce him? He deserves respect from you, Todd, he is the Tag Team champion and he is a man that you need to pay attention to when he speaks.

Cody Rhodes strides out with a look of arrogance and the Unified Tag Team Title belt around his waist before stopping to look into the mirror set up on the titantron. With Drew McIntyre purposefully walking behind him, the Tag champions slowly head to the ring to the jeers of the crowd.

Jimmy Uso vs. ‘Dashing’ Cody Rhodes
The crowd get behind the Usos in the match with Jimmy Uso taking advantage early on against the arrogant Rhodes. However, a distraction from Drew McIntyre gives Rhodes the chance to get on top in the match and from that moment, there is only one outcome. The ‘Crossroads’ finisher allows Cody Rhodes to pick up the win around the same time as Drew McIntyre crashes his title belt into the back of the watching Jay Uso and the cocky champions have another success to add to their growing collection.

WINNER (4:59): CODY RHODES

TONY CHIMEL

Here is your winner ... ‘DASHING’ CODY RHODES!

The Tag Team champions strut backwards up the ramp with a smug look of self-satisfaction etched onto the faces. Tamina consoles the groggy Usos and shakes her head towards the champions who smirk further. Cody Rhodes produces a microphone and signals for his music to fade ...

CODY RHODES
You see, Usos, it’s real simple. Drew and I are the best young talent here on Smackdown and we intend to make sure that we rule the Tag Team division for a long time to come. We will destroy everyone in our path whether they be you two, Santino and Kozlov, the Harts or even Bourne and Henry. We fear nobody and we will dominate the Tag Team titles as long as we want to. At ‘No Mercy,’ you better hope that we are in a kind and generous mood – if we are, then all we will do is crush your Tag Team Title dreams. If not, you’ve got big problems to worry about.

Rhodes’ music fades back in and the champions make their way up the stage and out of views as we fade into a break.

FROM THE VAULT: SMACKDOWN 2006
Batista and Rey Myserio vs. MNM

Smackdown returns with the winner of NXT Season 2, Kaval, stood in the ring waiting ...

KAVAL
You know, since I joined Smackdown as the winner of the second season of NXT, I’ve been watching the other wrestlers here with interest. Checking out how good they are, thinking about how I fit into things. I’ve got a long history in the business but I’ve never been here in the WWE. The WWE Universe is looking at me and thinking that it is not possible for me to survive here.

But you’re wrong. I may not have the biggest body or the biggest muscles but I do have the biggest heart. I’m determined to succeed here on Smackdown for you guys, the great fans of the WWE ... particularly here in Illinois!

Cheap pop from the crowd.

KAVAL
So I’m out here tonight before my match to tell you my aims, where I want to be in years to come. I’m here to make it on my own and my first target is to establish myself and gain your respect. When I’ve done that ...

Kaval is interrupted as the music of his NXT Pro’s – Laycool – hits in the arena.

The WWE Unified co-Divas Champions come rushing out to the ring to greet their NXT rookie, Kaval. The NXT Season 2 rookie champion looks annoyed at the arrival of Laycool and is visibly seen mouthing ‘What are you doing here?’ to the duo as they arrive with their shining title belts.

MICHELLE McCOOL
Kaval, Kaval, Kaval ... Why didn’t you tell us you were coming out here?

LAYLA
Yeah, Kaval, you know that the fans love to see you in the ring with us, don’t you?

The crowd boo as Laycool push and pull the miniature superstar around, hugging and stroking him, one either side ...

KAVAL
Look, ladies, I appreciate everything you did for me during NXT but I’m ...

MICHELLE McCOOL
You’re welcome, Kaval, we’re the reason you won, aren’t we Layla?

LAYLA
That’s right, Michelle, we make that frown turn upside down! That’s why the WWE-Universe loved you and wanted you to win NXT!

MICHELLE McCOOL
You’re our little pet project, Kaval, we want to help you to get to the top of Smackdown!

LAYLA
Wait a minute ... Michelle, he doesn’t look very happy.

MICHELLE McCOOL
You’re right, Layls ... I know what’s the matter with him though ... he’s forgotten to wear his Laycool pink shirt!

LAYLA
He has, he has! Silly Kaval, that’s why you’re not smiling!

MICHELLE McCOOL
We’ll send somebody back to get it for you, Kaval. You need it to win your match tonight!

LAYLA
You. You there, Matt Striker. Go and get Kaval’s shirt ... go and get it now.

Matt Striker looks confused but begins to remove his head set to head for the back when Kaval decides to speak again.

KAVAL
Enough! I don’t need your help, ladies, I can reach the top on my own. Please leave me alone.

Michelle and Layla look at each other confused before posing together and using their ‘Real Talk’ catchphrase.

MICHELLE McCOOL
Kaval ... you need us. You were nothing on NXT until we made you interesting. You need us to make you entertaining.

LAYLA
We’re the Unified Divas Champions, Kaval. We add that sparkle that you’ve never had. So, stop being a Mr. Grumpy Pants and give us a smile ...

Kaval sighs in resignation and gives a grudging smile before Layla and Michelle give him a hug and jump around him excitedly.

TONY CHIMEL
This match is set for one fall. On his way to the ring, weighing 191 pounds ... JOSEPH MERCURY! ... ... ...And his opponent, weighing 174 pounds from Brooklyn, New York ... KAVAL!

TODD GRISHAM
This should be an interesting match, Matt, as we get a chance to see the NXT Season 2 winner, Kaval, in action here on Smackdown as he looks to make a name for himself.

MATT STRIKER
But we also get to see Joseph Mercury in action, fresh out of the SES after it broke up, and also looking to make a name for himself and re-launch his career!

Kaval vs. Joseph Mercury
Kaval brings his unique style to the match with his quick kicks and aerial offence taking Mercury down time after time after time and exciting the watching Laycool at ringside. Mercury manages to get on top during the middle of the match and looks to set up for his Frankensteiner finish move on more than one occasion but Kaval manages to fight out on each occasion. As Kaval re-establishes his dominance, he heads for the top rope looking for his Ghetto Stomp and Laycool jump up onto the edge of the ring apron in anticipation. Kaval orders them to get down several times and eventually they do ... however, the pause allows Mercury to escape as Kaval crashes down towards him. Mercury hooks in the Double Underhook DDT and scores the pinfall to the annoyance of the Divas Champions at ringside.

WINNER (7:19): JOSEPH MERCURY

TONY CHIMEL

Here is your winner ... JOSEPH MERCURY!

Mercury celebrates as he walks away up the ramp whilst Kaval is left sitting in the ring with his head in his hands. Laycool get in the ring to console him, giving each other coded facial expressions of surprise that Kaval could lose the match. As they try to lift Kaval to his feet, he breaks free of them, stares at them and shakes his head before walking away from them and back to the backstage area. Laycool look at each other confused as Kaval exits. However, as they begin to leave, more music hits the arena ...

Melina – a RAW diva – heads out of the crowd and over the barricade behind the champions who are looking towards the stage. The former Divas Champion smashes into the back of Layla before attacking Michelle McCool in revenge for the dirty tricks pulled by the pair in defeating Melina at the ‘Night of Champions’ PPV. Melina throws furious fists at McCool in the corner of the ring and screams out loud before hitting a dropkick to the Divas Champion as she rests against the bottom turnbuckle. Layla rushes at Melina who bends back to avoid her before using her feet to send Layla back to the outside where she staggers back to McCool. The champions retreat up the stage as Melina stares at them and makes a title belt gesture across her own waist ...

TODD GRISHAM
Big news during the commercial break as Smackdown General Manager Teddy Long made a match for tonight. Melina will team up with Kelly Kelly to face the co-Divas Champions, Laycool, here live on Friday Night Smackdown ...

MATT STRIKER
It looks like Melina is hell bent on winning back the Divas Title from Laycool as soon as possible!

TODD GRISHAM
It certainly does seem that way, Matt, and who can blame her after the ...

VICKIE GUERRERO
Excuse me?!

The Smackdown crowd immediately begin to boo as Vickie Guerrero appears on stage screeching into her microphone ...

VICKIE GUERRERO
I said Excuse me?! ... ... Excuse me?!

The crowd continue to boo Vickie as she smiles and composes herself before continuing ...

VICKIE GUERRERO
Allow me to introduce to you all ... the Intercontinental Champion and my boyfriend ... DOLPH ZIGGLER!

The cocky Intercontinental Champion strides out and slicks back his hair as Vickie Guerrero beams with pride at the man in her life. As they head towards the ring, Ziggler frequently poses and emphasises that he is the champion. When in the ring, he takes a microphone before standing in the centre with Vickie to address the crowd.

DOLPH ZIGGLER
Hi ... I’m Dolph Ziggler!

Ziggler and Vickie laugh as the crowd jeer at them ...

DOLPH ZIGGLER
A year ago, that’s what I was saying to everybody. I was introducing myself and trying to get myself noticed in the WWE. Nobody around here took me seriously.

He looks at Vickie Guerrero who shakes her head and points at the title belt around Ziggler’s waist now.

DOLPH ZIGGLER
A year on and now look at me. I’ve got the most beautiful woman in the world beside me and I’ve got the Intercontinental Title belt strapped around my waist. Every single one of you and every single one of the wrestlers backstage now know who I am ... I’m ... Dolph ... Ziggler!

VICKIE GUERRERO
All those people that didn’t believe in Dolph have now got to ... Excuse me?!

Vickie Guerrero looks incensed as the crowd boo and jeer her again but Ziggler reassures her, pecks her on the cheek and she smiles ready to continue.

VICKIE GUERRERO
... all those people need to take a second look now. Dolph is the future of the WWE and he will be the Intercontinental Champion for an awful long time. He is my man, he is going to be a major star here in the WWE. You’d better all realise that very quickly.

DOLPH ZIGGLER
I’m already the greatest Intercontinental Champion that the WWE has ever seen ... and tonight, I am here to prove it. If anybody backstage thinks that they have what it takes to take the title from me, I am challenging them to come out now and face me in this ring. If they can come out here and beat me tonight, I will give them a title shot next week on Smackdown.

The crowd turn expectantly towards the stage waiting for a challenger to come forward as Dolph and Vickie wait in the ring. A long pause follows and it looks as if Dolph has no challengers ...

DOLPH ZIGGLER
Just as I thought, nobody has the guts ...

TONY CHIMEL
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome to the ring ... LUKE GALLOWS!

Gallows says nothing and just walks into the ring with a determined look on his face ready for action. He points to Ziggler’s title and then to his own chest which makes Ziggler annoyed and he rips off his jacket ready for action.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Gallows
Ziggler is on the defensive for the early part of the match as Gallows goes to work determined to earn himself an Intercontinental Championship match. With the stronger Gallows using his power to his advantage, it takes Vickie Guerrero’s appearance on the ropes to turn the tide as Ziggler takes advantage of the distraction. With the crowd beginning to get behind Gallows after his previous stint as a heel in the Straight Edge Society, Ziggler looks to end the match early but is unable to lock in the sleeper or hit the ‘Zig Zag’ to win the match. In desperation, Ziggler tries to hit the ‘Zig Zag’ when Gallows is stood near the ropes and he holds on and sends the Intercontinental Champion crashing down to the mat on his back. Gallows prepares himself and looks set to finish Ziggler when all of a sudden, CM Punk appears and attacks the former SES man causing the referee to signal for a disqualification.

WINNER (5:28): LUKE GALLOWS (DQ)

TONY CHIMEL

Here is your winner as a result of a disqualification ... LUKE GALLOWS!

Punk and Ziggler join forces to beat down on Gallows who can do nothing to prevent the assault. Ziggler locks in the sleeper as Punk stands back and mocks Gallows by signalling that it is time for him to go to sleep. Ziggler releases the hold and Punk hoists the groggy Gallows up and hits the ‘Go to Sleep’ finisher before standing back proud of himself. Vickie slides in a steel chair for Ziggler to teach Gallows a real lesson but the crowd suddenly rise as the Big Show storms down the aisle to the aid of his former enemy and Punk and Ziggler are forced to scatter quickly.

TODD GRISHAM
Big Show to the rescue there for Luke Gallows but a terrible assault from CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler. How will Gallows respond to that? And he did win the match – does that mean he has an Intercontinental Title match next week?

MATT STRIKER
There is no response for him. Without CM Punk and the ‘Straight Edge’ lifestyle, Luke Gallows has nothing. He’s lucky that Big Show was there to prevent him getting pounded into the mat.

TODD GRISHAM
Well, there is one thing for certain. The end of the ‘Straight Edge Society’ has been confirmed this evening. It looks as if CM Punk is going it alone ... unless Dolph and Vickie are joining up next?!

MATT STRIKER
Sometimes in the WWE, Todd, two men with a common goal can work together without being allies. That’s what you saw tonight with Ziggler and Punk – two men getting the job done. It’s a sensible ploy.

TODD GRISHAM
Up next, it’s the ‘Peep Show’ and Christian will have a very special guest on tonight ... Alberto Del Rio’s personal ring announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez. That’s coming next here on Friday Night Smackdown!

Smackdown returns with the ring transformed into the ‘Peep Show’ set ...

TONY CHIMEL
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome to the ring ... CHRISTIAN!

The crowd give Christian an excellent reception as usual as he comes out to the ring dressed in his casual clothing rather than his wrestling attire. He shakes hands with several people as he heads to the ring with a smile on his face as he prepares to present the ‘Peep Show’ on Friday Night Smackdown.

CHRISTIAN
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Peep Show. A big shout out to all of my ‘peeps’ here in Illinois!

The crowd respond with a loud cheer as Christian recognises their home state before continuing ...

CHRISTIAN
Over the last few weeks here on Friday Night Smackdown, we have had to put up with the debut of one of the most irritating men in the history of the WWE. He comes out here dressed like a goof-ball, speaking Spanish that nobody understands and having an haircut that is quite frankly an insult to the WWE Universe watching ... I am of course talking about ...

The crowd begin to boo as they realise who Christian is talking about ...

CHRISTIAN
No, I’m not on about Alberto Del Rio ... I’m on about Ricardo Rodriguez!

The camera pans to the ring announcer area where Ricardo Rodriguez is stood dressed smart with a microphone in his hand prepared to announce Alberto Del Rio to the ring whenever necessary.

CHRISTIAN
As if putting up with Del Rio is not bad enough, we have to listen to his personal ring announcer talking gibberish that nobody here understands ... Therefore, I am inviting you, Ricardo Rodriguez, to be my guest tonight on the ‘Peep Show’ right now. What do you say?

Rodriguez points to himself as if to question Christian’s invite and then shakes his head to indicate that he is not willing to join him in the ring.

CHRISTIAN
That’s OK, I understand. If I was you, I wouldn’t want to be in the public view either. But answer me one question, Mr Rodriguez ... What is happening with the hair? Does Del Rio insist that his employees must have a ridiculous haircut like he does? What’s the deal?

Rodriguez shakes his head again and ignores Christian as he stands in the ring gazing over to the personal ring announcer of Del Rio making a scissors gesture with his fingers ...

CHRISTIAN
In all seriousness, Alberto Del Rio has made quite an impact recently. He injured my good buddy, Rey Mysterio ...

The crowd pop at the mention of Mysterio who is currently sidelined with an injury to his arm picked up when Del Rio used a steel chair to injure it further after his Arm-Bar submission hold had weakened it previously ...

CHRISTIAN
Now, Rey Mysterio is a good buddy of mine and he is out for weeks, maybe months, because of Del Rio ... And I am not going to sit back and allow Del Rio to get away with that. Do you understand that Rodriguez?

Rodriguez again shakes his head and shrugs his shoulders determined not to get involved with Christian ...

CHRISTIAN
Now, last week, I was set to teach Alberto Del Rio a lesson when you grabbed my leg from behind, Mr Rodriguez. And now I invite you on the ‘Peep Show’ and you don’t want to get involved in my business ... well, tough, you’re involved in my business.

Christian drops the microphone and drops to the mat to roll out of the ring. He stalks after Alberto Del Rio’s personal ring announcer who begins to walk away from the WWE superstar who follows with an evil look in his eye. As Rodriguez begins to make a move up the ramp away from Christian, the music of Smackdown’s newest superstar hits and Christian stops ...

A smiling, arrogant Alberto Del Rio walks out dressed in a suit with his white scarf around his neck and begins to strut down the ramp towards the waiting Christian. Del Rio walks up to Christian and winks at him before walking past him to the ring ... Christian rolls back into the ring as well and picks up his microphone to talk with the Mexican superstar, Del Rio.

ALBERTO DEL RIO
My name ... is Alberto Del Rio. But you ... and all of you ... already know that.

Del Rio winks and holds his arms wide but the WWE Universe begin to boo and jeer him. However, Del Rio just chuckles and laughs unfazed ...

ALBERTO DEL RIO
Christian ... I just heard you insulting my ring announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez. Why you do this?

CHRISTIAN
I knew that if I insulted him, you wouldn’t be able to resist coming out here and running your mouth off again. I see that I am right?

ALBERTO DEL RIO
If I were you, Christian ... I would think very carefully about what you say. Did you see what I did to that little chihuahua, Rey Mysterio? I would hate for that to happen to you too ...

CHRISTIAN
You think that you can intimidate me, Del Rio? Well think again. Some people might be scared of a Mexican wrestler dressed in Kylie Minogue’s wardrobe ... but not me. I want to challenge you to a match at ‘No Mercy’ next week.

Del Rio smiles and shakes his head at Christian as the crowd pop at the idea of Christian beating down Del Rio at the upcoming PPV.

ALBERTO DEL RIO
Christian, Christian, Christian ... You are not going to make me do anything. I am a noble man and I will face you when I want to and in the way that I choose. You should be worrying about me and staying out of my way. If you don’t believe me, ask you little amigo, Rey Mysterio ...

CHRISTIAN
I am going to ask you one more time, Kylie ... me and you, ‘No Mercy,’ one on one ...

ALBERTO DEL RIO
I would like that Christian ... but on one condition.

CHRISTIAN
And that is ... ?

ALBERTO DEL RIO
It will be a submission match. Then I can break you arm just like I broke the arm of Rey Mysterio ...

CHRISTIAN
You’re on, Hot Pants. And by the way ... here’s a taster for you.

Christian smashes Del Rio in the head with the microphone and begins to take down the Mexican with right and left hands. As Christian looks to have taken down Del Rio, he is dragged away by Ricardo Rodriguez who backs away when Christian turns to face him ... with the ring announcer in the corner, Christian advances towards him until Del Rio picks up a canvas chair and fold it up before hitting Christian in the back with it. Rodriguez slides out of the ring as Del Rio hooks in the Arm-Bar and forces Christian to tap out as Del Rio’s music restarts. As Del Rio poses in the ring and Rodriguez announces him in Spanish, doctors have to tend to Christian at ringside and help him away as he holds him arm ...

Smackdown returns with Laycool’s music playing and the self-proclaimed co-Divas champions in the ring preparing for their tag team match tonight.

TONY CHIMEL
The following tag team contest is set for one fall. Currently in the ring, the self-proclaimed co-Divas Champions ... MICHELLE McCOOL and LAYLA ... LAYCOOL!

TONY CHIMEL
Their opponents, introducing first from Jacksonville, Florida ... KELLY KELLY!

Kelly Kelly makes her way towards the ring with her usual cheery disposition and sets her eyes on Laycool in the ring. Layla and Michelle begin wafting the air and mouthing ‘Smelly Kelly’ which has no effect on the popular diva who turns to greet her partner ...

TONY CHIMEL
Her partner, representing Monday Night Raw, from Los Angeles, California ... MELINA!

Melina is accompanied onto the stage by the usual paparazzi hordes and the red carpet as she makes her way down the ramp towards Kelly and the ring. She hugs her partner before performing her jumping splits entrance under the bottom rope.

Laycool vs. Kelly Kelly and Melina
Laycool take the early advantage as they make frequent tags to keep Kelly Kelly in their corner and away from Melina. Kelly struggles to get into the contest and McCool in particular uses a combination of kicks and suplexes to take her down time after time. Kelly manages to get an opportunity for a tag when Layla goes for her finishing neckbreaker move – The Lay-out – but McCool and Layla manage to deny her and leave Melina frustrated on the outside. McCool and Kelly go at it and Kelly manages to hit a few moves and the crowd get on her side before she finally makes the tag to Melina. The RAW diva hits the ring as a bundle of energy and takes out Layla on the opposite side of the ring before hitting McCool with her best moves. Finally, Melina hits the ‘Primal Scream’ leg drop and makes the pinfall on McCool to send a clear message to the co-Divas champion that she wants a rematch.

WINNER (4:56): MELINA and KELLY KELLY

TONY CHIMEL

Here are your winners ... KELLY KELLY and MELINA!

Kelly and Melina celebrate in the ring as Laycool rescue their title belts and head up the ramp with McCool holding her head. Melina points at the Divas Title belts and then to herself making it clear to Laycool that she wants a rematch very soon.

REBOUND

Highlights from RAW play showing John Cena and Randy Orton’s confrontation, the GM announcement that Sheamus would have his rematch for the WWE title at ‘No Mercy’ and the Wade Barrett and Randy Orton match that Sheamus interfered in and walked out with the WWE Title ...

TONY CHIMEL
This match is set for one fall. Coming down to the ring, weighing 328 pounds ... he is the World Heavyweight Champion ... KANE!

Kane strides to the ring with his World Title around his waist basking in the glow of an eerie red light. As he enters the ring, the camera shows that Kane is laughing out loud to himself, clearly still loving the fact that he beat the Undertaker at ‘Night of Champions’ last Sunday.

TONY CHIMEL
And his opponent ... from Ghana, West Africa, weighing in at 221 pounds ... KOFI KINGSTON!

Kofi comes out looking determined to impress and win himself a World Title shot by beating the ‘Big Red Monster’ tonight on Smackdown. He bounces to the ring and claps his hands together in the corner for the ‘Boom! Boom! Boom!’ pose before turning to face Kane.

TODD GRISHAM
A massive night for Kofi Kingston, Matt, he has a chance to get a World Title shot in a week’s time at ‘No Mercy’ if he wins here.

MATT STRIKER
But it’s a massive match for Kane as well, Todd, if he wins then he will get to choose the stipulations for the match with his brother, the Undertaker, at ‘No Mercy’ instead.

TODD GRISHAM
We haven’t heard from the Undertaker, nobody has seen the Deadman all night long. The bell rings and here we go with Kofi and Kane here on Friday Night Smackdown!

Kane vs. Kofi Kingston
Kofi comes firing out of the blocks with a volley of rights and lefts that has Kane reeling into the corner of the ring, it is clear that Kofi means business tonight. The crowd react to Kofi’s intense start and rally behind the Ghanaian superstar as he steps back from Kane and uses his boots to Kane’s mid-section and legs. The ‘Big Red Monster’ almost cowers in the corner until he manages to launch a choke thrust at Kofi that sends him staggering and halts his momentum. Kane fires a clothesline at Kofi but he ducks underneath and as Kane turns, Kofi hits a flying forearm that sends Kane reeling into the ropes and out of the ring. Kingston leaps over the top rope and stalks Kane before diving off the apron to hit another flying forearm but Kane catches him in a choke hold before forcing him back into the steel steps so that Kofi’s back takes the brunt of the impact. Kane rolls back into the ring as the referee begins his count.

TODD GRISHAM

A quick start from Kofi Kingston but there we see why Kane is so dominant as the World Heavyweight Champion: one power move and the whole match can turn in the blink of an eye.

MATT STRIKER
I’ve been in the ring with Kane before and it is so disheartening when you get him on the backfoot – not that I did very often – and he flicks an arm or a fist out and knocks you down.

Kofi staggers to his feet on the outside of the ring and begins to slowly climb back into the ring under the bottom rope. Kane drags him up by the hair despite the referee’s protests and forces him back into the turnbuckle. After several uppercuts, Kofi Kingston falls to a seating position in the corner and Kane walks away before running back to hit a drop kick to the seated Kingston. Kane lifts him back to his feet and scoop-slams him in the corner before taunting the crowd with a cocky laugh, clearly mouthing ‘The Undertaker is scared of me’ to those watching at ringside.

Kane lifts Kofi back to his feet, dazed, and whips him into the opposite buckle. Running in for a clothesline, Kingston manages to counter with a pendulum kick that staggers Kane backwards and gives Kofi time to recover.

MATT STRIKER

Kofi Kingston with a great counter. How much more can Kingston withstand here tonight? How badly does he want a title shot at ‘No Mercy’ next week?

TODD GRISHAM
Can Kofi Kingston get back into this match-up and win a title match? We’ll find out after the break.

Smackdown returns with Kane still in control of the match as he lifts Kofi up by the throat with two hands in the corner and sits him on the top buckle before hitting an uppercut which sends Kofi down to the outside from the top rope with the crowd gasping at the fall. Kane slowly makes his way outside the ring and lifts Kingston to his feet before whipping him into the barricades around the ring. Kofi winces in pain as Kane follows this up with more uppercuts before looking to whip Kofi into the steel ring post. Kofi manages to stop and avoid smashing into the post but as he turns around, Kane smashes a big boot into his skull to send Kofi crashing to the deck once more.

MATT STRIKER

It certainly seems that Kane is intent on securing himself a match of his choice against the Undertaker at ‘No Mercy,’ Todd ...

TODD GRISHAM
It does, Matt, and as Kane mentioned before in his challenge to the Undertaker, it sounds as if Kane wants a ‘Casket Match’ when he faces his brother.

MATT STRIKER
And that’s what will happen unless Kofi Kingston can fight back here.

The referee forces Kane back into the ring and starts to count Kofi out. 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... 6 ... 7 ... 8 ... Kofi rolls back into the ring and Kane laughs maniacally as he prepares to launch more pain. He stands back and waits for Kofi to get to his feet, his hand held back ready to grab Kingston by the throat. As Kofi wobbles round, Kane grips him by the throat, lifts him high and delivers a choke slam that almost sends Kofi through the ring mat. Kane looks round at the WWE Universe who are waiting for the Undertaker’s gong but it doesn’t come and Kane covers Kofi in the centre of the ring. 1 ... 2 ... Kofi somehow kicks out of the choke slam! The crowd erupt as Kingston starts to show his World Title pedigree and determination and a loud ‘Kofi!’ chant echoes around the arena. Kane looks shocked but whips Kofi towards the ropes ready to hit a back body drop ... However, Kofi kick Kane in the head as he bends down to send the crowd into a frenzy. Kingston, with the momentum now, hits a dropkick that staggers Kane but fails to take him down. A second drop kick also fails but a third sends Kane down to the mat and the crowd cheer louder. Kofi covers Kane ... 1 ... 2 ... Kane kicks out but Kofi is straight back on the attack. As Kane gets up to his feet, Kingston sends him back down with a clever ‘Russian Leg Sweep’ before hitting the ‘Boom Drop’ to Kane and covering him again. 1 ... 2 ... Kane kicks out again with authority. Another drop kick sends Kane through the ropes again and Kofi springboards over the top rope into a cross-body that sends Kane down near the announce table.

Kofi is forced back into the ring by the referee and Kane manages to get to his feet with a look of bewilderment in his eyes now. He slides back into the ring angrily and looks to smash Kofi but he ducks under the right hand and aims another kick to Kane’s mid-drift. However, Kane catches his foot and forces him down onto his back. As Kane looks to drag Kofi up, Kofi fights back with punches from his knees, stopping Kane’s pursuit of him but he can’t stop him completely. Then, from out of nowhere, Kofi springs up and delivers a kick to the chest with staggers Kane. As Kane recovers, Kofi prepares for ‘Trouble in Paradise’ ... waiting for Kane to turn around ... as Kane turns, Kofi spins to build up the power before hitting it perfectly to Kane’s temple sending the champions down. Kofi covers Kane again ... 1 ... 2 ... Kane kicks out – just about – as the crowd groans in disappointment.

TODD GRISHAM

So close for Kofi Kingston, Matt, can Kofi do it?

A look of frustration shows on Kofi Kingston’s face for the first time but he gets back to his feet determined to carry on. Kane gets to his feet and wobbles to the corner where Kofi rushes towards him looking for another kick to the head. This time, Kane catches Kofi and turns him upside down for a powerbomb that sees Kofi’s head bounce off the mat. Kane recovers a little before dragging Kofi to his feet and scooping him up for a ‘Tombstone Piledriver’ ... Kofi is helpless and Kane drops him on his head. Laughing again, Kane covers Kingston and the referee counts. 1 ... 2 ... 3!

WINNER (13:17): KANE

TONY CHIMEL

Here is your winner ... the World Heavyweight Champion ... KANE!

Kane snatches his World Title from the referee and backs away up the ramp towards the entrance whilst Kofi holds his head in the ring.

TODD GRISHAM
An impressive performance from Kofi Kingston but it is Kane who prevails and he will be choosing a stipulation for his match at ‘No Mercy’ against the Undertaker for the World Title.

MATT STRIKER
There will be no Triple Threat for Kofi at ‘No Mercy’ but what an effort from the former Intercontinental Champion.

TODD GRISHAM
It looks as if Kane will facing his brother in a ‘Casket Match’ in a week’s time now after this victory. But where is the Undertaker? Nobody has heard from him since ‘Night of Champions’ Matt ...

MATT STRIKER
Nobody knows, Todd, and what’s more, Kane is looking more dominant every week.

The camera zooms in on Kane as the eerie red lights fill the arena again. He is laughing as he stares back to Kofi Kingston in the ring and as Smackdown goes off the air, Kane continues to laugh ...
GCB is offline   Reply With Quote