Wrestling Forum banner

What Current WWE Superstars Wrestle Under There Real Names?

4K views 49 replies 32 participants last post by  Green 
#1 ·
What Current WWE Superstars Wrestle Under There Real Names? Can Someone Please Post The List Thanks

#21 ·
Wikipedia exists for this exact sort of thing ...

apparently michelle mccools real name is michelle mcCool :confused:
I saw that a while back because I was actually wondering what her real name was. I really didn't even believe it at first. That's an awesome name though.

Orton's real first name is Randal(l)
You are aware that Randy is a nickname for Randall, right?

#13 ·
He was already pretty well known as 'The Miz' before he came to the WWE. He used to refer to himself as that when he was on those shitty MTV reality shows.

Incidentally, I believe he owns the trademark, too. So he could theoretically turn up in TNA tomorrow and still call himself "The Miz."

#30 ·
Barbie Blank? Fits so well

#18 ·
It's funny to see some superstars names in real life and how you can never imagine them being called that. It's also surprising when many superstars names that sound so real turn out to not actually be their name(like torrie wilson,steve austin(though now it is his real name,but wasn't at the time) any others)

If it wasn't for the internet, who would ever imagine someone like CM Punk would be called Phil Brooks lol.

#20 ·
It's funny to see some superstars names in real life and how you can never imagine them being called that. It's also surprising when many superstars names that sound so real turn out to not actually be their name(like torrie wilson,steve austin(though now it is his real name,but wasn't at the time) any others)

If it wasn't for the internet, who would ever imagine someone like CM Punk would be called Phil Brooks lol.
Torrie Wilson is and always has been her real name. She's not even a Victoria or anything. Her real name is actually Torrie Anne Wilson.

#22 · (Edited)
Aw and here I was hoping that his mail really would be addressed to a "Mr. C. M. Punk". He should legitimately make that his name.

Anyway, this "real name" thing is coming back. They were hesitant abot it for a while because of people jumping ship to TNA and using the same names. If WWE owns the character, it's more difficult for the wrestler to do that.

I don't think I'd want to use my real name, it'd be weird - I'd be portraying a character, not myself. I think I'd do that thing where I'd take my real first name and a gimmicky surname, something like "Dragonfire" or something.

#29 ·
Why would people say Randy isnt his real name, Randall is, or Matthew Hardy. My name is Joseph, if someone calls me Joe is that not my name??

My parents named me Joseph the Barber Beefcake, and Joe is just the shortened down version.

#35 ·
I agree that Sheamus should have a last name. If a wrestler is going to use an actual name and not "The Rock" or "Steel" or some other American Gladiators reject name as their ring name, they should have a last name too. Sheamus isn't freaking Cher, plus they originally used a last name.

Layla El, Gail Kim, Mickie James, Torrie Wilson, Stacy Keibler, Maria Kanellis, Melina Perez, Michelle McCool, Ashley, Christy Hemme, and Maryse Ouellet all use their real names (although WWE doesn't seem to like to mention their last names often). Brie, Nikki, and Jillian use fake last names. Candice used her middle name as her in-ring last name. Trish Stratus (I think she might have legally changed it at some point) is a shortened form of her first and last name (Patricia Stratagias).

Matt Hardy, Ted DiBiase, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Carlito Colon (Carlito is a diminuative of Carlos), Eddie Guerrero, and Chris Benoit used their real names. Drew McIntyre and John Morrison use fake last names. Miz is a shortened form of Mike Mizanin's last name. Chavo Guerrero I think uses a nickname as his first name (not sure of Chavo is a diminuative of Salvador)

Typically WWE is not fond of letting stars use their real names.

#42 · (Edited)
but i wonder if jericho got his last name from jericho, long island.

when i first went to jericho to go fishing i was thinking of y2j but nobody in the car watched wrestling so i had nobody to talk to ... what a day that was, woke up at 4 am to go fishing and came back just in time to watch the king of the ring ppv(when edge won it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.