Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #1082 (permalink)
RatedRudy
Little Poppa Pump

RatedRudy 1001 - 1500RatedRudy 1001 - 1500RatedRudy 1001 - 1500RatedRudy 1001 - 1500RatedRudy 1001 - 1500RatedRudy 1001 - 1500RatedRudy 1001 - 1500RatedRudy 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Savage View Post
Ketogenic diets, in my experience & personal opinion, are best used in cycles. I always carb-cycle, but that's a different method altogether. Whereas I manipulate, reduce, and increase my carbs on a day-to-basis now, with a keto diet, you're dealing with a bigger picture & a longer timeframe.

They can be extremely beneficial, especially for people who are holding a lot of excess water weight. However, if you stick with a keto diet for a great length of time, you also run the risk of giving up some serious amounts of muscle mass in the process. Personally, I dealt with that. Just make sure you don't restrict yourself too much, in regards to your carb intake.

Also, as Kamikaze noted, it's good for you to plan a cheat meal about once a week. Don't go overboard with it, but eat enough to satisfy any nagging cravings. It's also beneficial for your metabolism.

Some keto diets suggest eating a lot of fats, which I'm against. Healthy fats? Sure. But some have recommended that you take in (a lot of) fats to offset the amount of carbs you're giving up, in some sort of unhealthy balancing act.

Again, I know the keto diet works. It's good, especially for people that have hit a plateau with their bodyfat, etc. So, if it's giving you results, then that's great. But, as long as you're improving in the gym & busting your ass to force those numbers on the plates to go up, then there's no reason why a simple carb-cycling routine wouldn't bring you the same (or, in my case, even better) results.
carb cycing is like where you have 3 low carb days and `1 high carb day right? i know it suppose help you get ripped by lowering body fat %, i'am thinking of doing that down the road some time after i gain some muscle first though.

CHRISTIAN: "THERE'S 3 WAYS IN THIS LIFE TO OBTAIN GREATNESS.... SOME ACHIEVE GREATNESS... SOME HAVE GREATNESS THRUST UPON THEM... AND THERE'S A SELECT FEW THAT WERE BORN GREAT......... YOU SEE... I...AM ONE OF THOSE SELECT FEW"

"IAM GONNA GO AHEAD AND ACCEPT THE AWARD ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, I'LL LIKE TO THANK JESUS, THE ACADEMY,...... ILL LIKE TO THANK TEAM JACOB,..... AND ILL LIKE THANK EVERYONE'S FAVORITE PLACE PUERTO RICO, .. AND MOST OF ALL, ILL LIKE TO THANK ..............ME CARLITO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH"

MICHAEL COLE: WHAT A BUFFOON
RatedRudy is offline   Reply With Quote