Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE: The Evolution Of Greed

View Single Post

Old 08-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #41 (permalink)
iMac
Step Up And Play...

iMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a push
Default Re: WWE: The Evolution Of Greed

~Monday Night Raw~
January 22nd, 2007
Lafayette, Louisiana

"Ask Shawn Michaels why I didn't shake his hand."

We start the show with a video recapping the events of last week's show. The video is split into two parts as it were, with the opening section focusing on the 'punishments' laid down upon John Cena, Rob Van Dam and Bobby Lashley last week, with Cena being forced to run the gauntlet, with Cena seeing off Johnny Nitro, Trevor Murdoch, Lance Cade and Hardcore Holly before finally going down to a brutal chair assault from Chris Masters, who then locks on The Masterlock, leaving Cena down and out, which allows Jonathan Coachman to humiliate Cena by scoring the pin on a defenceless Cena. Later in the night, Bobby Lashley takes on The World's Greatest Tag Team in a handicap match, getting the win thanks to a huge assist from Ric Flair and Carlito, while Rob Van Dam takes on the monster Umaga, ad despite Van Dam running Umaga closer to defeat than he's ever been before, ultimately The Samoan Bulldozer gets the win, keeping his 'undefeated' streak alive. The tone of the video changes to a more sombre mood as we see highlights of last week's main event, with DX taking on Rated-RKO for the World Tag Team Championships, with the stipulation that if DX lose, their group will be disbanded forever. After a strong back and forth match, Triple H and Michaels are on the verge of victory, only for Kenny Dykstra to storm the ring, distracting the referee. This prompts Jeff Hardy to race down to the ring, getting involved in a brawl with Kenny. While this happens though, Shawn Michaels has a steel chair in hand, and he swings... and accidently connects with Triple H! This is all Edge and Orton need, as they pin The Game, saving their titles and ending DX. After the match, Michaels offers Trips a handshake... only for The Game to reject, storming up the ramp, leaving a furious HBK in the ring as we fade to black.

After the usual opening video, we head into the arena for the pyro display before scanning the crowd to the sounds of J.R. and King...

Jim Ross: Monday Night Raw makes it's last stop on the Road to the Rumble live tonight here in Lafayette, Louisiana. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the show, I am Good Ol' J.R., Jim Ross, alongside me as always is my colleague Jerry 'The King' Lawler, and King, after the way we went off the air last week, tonight is a night for answers.

Jerry Lawler: Boy you ain't kiddin' J.R.! I mean, we now know that D-Generation X has ceased to exist, but the manner in which it happened has left all of us askin' questions. Did Shawn Michaels mean to strike Triple H with that chair? What about Triple H refusing to shake hands with Michaels after the match? What's gonna happen to the friendship between these two? A lot of questions J.R., I hope we get the answers tonight.

Jim Ross: You really think Shawn Michaels intentionally struck Triple H with that steel chair last week?

Jerry Lawler: I certainly think it's a possibility, don't you?

Jim Ross: I don't know about that, but we'll have to wait to find out.

Silence...

Until...

*MY TIME IS NOW...*

It's a mostly positive response as the WWE Champion John Cena bursts out onto the stage, stopping at the top of the ramp to soak in the cheers. Cena offers a salute to the fans, before he charges down the ramp and slides into the ring...

Jim Ross: But there's the man who last week was the subject of a brutal gauntlet match, and after surviving a beating from four Raw superstars, it took a vicious assault with a steel chair and then ultimately The Masterlock from Chris Masters to finally keep Cena down.

Jerry Lawler: Right and we're kickin' things off tonight with John Cena one on one with The Masterpiece. And you gotta think John Cena can't wait to get his hands on Chris Masters.

Jim Ross: It's gonna be a slobberknocker, I know that much. Also tonight, the man John Cena defends the WWE Championship against this Sunday, Rob Van Dam is in action as he takes on Johnny Nitro, and the final Raw spot in the Rumble is up for grabs as two former ECW Superstars collide when CM Punk and Hardcore Holly meet, plus, the Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy will also be in action.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah but don't forget J.R., that all important Number 30 spot in the Royal Rumble Match is on the line. 10 Raw superstars go at it in a 10 Man Over The Top Rope Battle Royal, with the winner entering the Royal Rumble at Number 30! What a huge advantage that'll be for whoever wins.

In the ring, Cena hands his title belt over to the referee and tosses his cap into the crowd, before he starts pacing the ring, patiently awaiting the arrival of...

*THE MASTERPIECE...*

It's a good deal of heat that greets the arrival of Chris Masters, who steps out onto the ramp with his robe over his shoulders, before he explodes out of the robe to a burst of pyro, before flexing and posing and then finally making his way down to the ring...

Jim Ross: He's got a phenomenal physique, and as we've seen in recent weeks, he can do a lot of damage in the ring. It was Chris Masters who did that hard work last week that allowed Jonathan Coachman to humiliate John Cena.

Jerry Lawler: And for what we read on wwe.com earlier today, it seems that 'The Coach' managed to pull a few strings and reward Chris Masters for his efforts last week with a spot in the Royal Rumble. But will Chris Masters even make it to the Royal Rumble once John Cena gets his hands on him?

Match 1: Non Title Match
WWE Champion John Cena vs. Chris Masters

Straight from the bell, Cena goes on the attack, looking to get his hands on Masters quickly, only for Masters to back into the corner and duck his head through the ropes, arrogantly motioning for Cena to back off. With a bit of persuasion from the ref, Cena backs off, allowing Masters to return to the centre of the ring. This time the two go for the more traditional tie up, with initially neither of the two powerhouses giving an inch, so Cena switches into a side headlock, only for Masters to back Cena into the ropes, sending them off them, which leads to Cena running Masters down with a shoulderblock. Cena quickly runs the ropes again, with Masters dropping to a vertical base to avoid the contact, and as Cena springs back off the ropes towards him, Masters is quickly back up to drop Cena with a shoulderblock of his own. Instead of capitalizing on this, Masters instead arrogantly poses in Cena’s face, flexing his chest and arms. Cena smiles and gets back to his feet, with the pair tying up again. This time it’s Masters who works the headlock, only for Cena to quickly counter with the killswitch. Cena is quickly back up, and as Masters staggers towards the ropes, Cena charges, sending Masters over the top rope to the floor.

Not wasting anytime, Cena follows Masters outside, aggressively pounding Masters with stiff forearms to the face and back, before whipping Masters shoulder first into the steel steps. The aggressive nature of Cena’s attack continues as he again aims shots to the back, before rolling Masters into the ring for a quick 2 count. After a few more shots, Cena looks to send Masters off the ropes, but when Masters ducks a clothesline, The Masterpiece quickly drops Cena with an inverted DDT. Masters takes his time to recover from the initial Cena offence, but he soon goes on the attack, snapping Cena over with a suplex and following with a powerslam. More damage to the lower back follows, as Masters strikes with knees to the base of the spine before a hard Irish whip sends Cena crashing into the turnbuckle and down to the mat, gaining Masters another near fall.

Masters is in control now, but as he pulls Cena back to his feet, Cena strikes with a sudden pair of right hands, charging off the ropes... but running into Masters’ arms as he scoops Cena up... for a painful backbreaker! But Masters doesn’t release his grip, instead forcing pressure on Cena’s chin, transitioning into a pendulum backbreaker submission. Forcing Cena down across his knee, Masters ups the pressure on Cena’s spine, with the WWE Champion clawing at the hand pressing down on his chin, trying to break free from Masters’ grasp. Masters continues to ramp up the pressure, and it appears Cena is beginning to fade. However, in one last desperate effort to break free, Cena swings a boot at Masters’ head, and another one, before a third finally forces Masters to let go. Both men stagger to their feet, where Cena connects with a trio of rights, before forcing Masters to the ropes for an Irish whip... but Masters reverses... flying shoulderblock from Cena!

Again Cena charges off the ropes, nailing a second flying shoulderblock, before quickly getting back on his feet to drop masters with the sitout hiptoss. With Masters down, Cena comes off the ropes, dusting off a shoulder and shouting “You can’t see me!” before connecting with the five knuckle shuffle! Cena returns to a vertical base, waiting for Masters to rise. Eventually The Masterpiece pulls himself up using the ropes, staggering to the middle of the ring, where Cena makes his move... as he hoists Masters onto his shoulders... FU... no! Masters drops to his feet behind Cena... and goes for the masterlock!! Masters wraps his arms under Cena’s... but Cena shows amazing strength to block Masters’ arms, forcing Masters’ grip to widen... so he can again hoists Masters up... FU!!! Cena plants Masters but instead of going for the cover, a vindictive look flashes across Cena’s face... he’s not done with Masters yet. Instead, Cena twists Masters over, steps behind him... and locks on the STFU!!! Masters, still suffering from the effects of the FU, tries to struggle to the ropes, but with him trapped in the centre of the ring, he offers little resistance in tapping out!

Winner: John Cena @ 08.36

Cena holds onto the STFU for a good few seconds after the bell rings, before finally relenting and letting go, which sees Masters simply collapse on the mat. Cena is quickly back on his feet, selling the effects on Masters' attack, but still managing to raise his championship high in the air as the ref raises his arm in victory. Cena takes one last look down at the fallen Masters before he drops to the mat and rolls under the bottom rope, slapping hands with a few fans as we fade backstage...

To the sight of the World Tag Team Champions Edge and Randy Orton already deep in conversation, the two discussing tonight's Battle Royal...

Randy Orton: Listen, we need to be on the same page tonight. It's obvious we are the best two athletes in that Battle Royal, and that both of us deserve to be headlining Wrestlemania.

Edge: Yeah, but only one of us can be Number 30... and only one of us can win the Royal Rumble.

Randy Orton: I know. But you and me, we need to divide and conquer out there tonight. Look at who we're in the ring with. We need to be smart and let everyone else tear each other apart, and then we make our move.

Edge nods in agreement...

Randy Orton: We let Haas and Benjamin go at it with Flair and Carlito. Triple H and Shawn Michaels? There not on the same page anymore. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me to see the two of them wanna go at each other after what happened last week. Lashley and Umaga, they're the two guys we need to look out for.

Edge: Let those two go at it. We don't need any part of them.

Randy Orton: Right. And then we pick off everybody else until you and me are the last two in the ring. Then...

Edge: May the best man win.

Randy Orton: Exactly.

A brief standoff between the two ensues, neither man wanting to give an inch, but before it can go anywhere, Kenny Dykstra enters the room to join his Rated-RKO colleagues...

Kenny Dykstra: Hey guys. What's goin' on?

It's a slight feeling of awkwardness between Edge and Orton, neither man wanting to break their stare on the other...

Randy Orton: (Still looking at Edge) Nothin' Kenny. Nothin'.

Sensing their is obviously tension in the room, Dykstra quickly moves to change the subject...

Kenny Dykstra: Anyway, what about last week guys? I mean, I did what you guys wanted. I helped you keep the tag titles.

Finally breaking their stare at each other, Edge and Orton both turn to face Dykstra...

Edge: What? Oh yeah, great way to help us out Kenny. All you did was drag Jeff Hardy into our match last week.

Randy Orton: But despite that, Jeff Hardy stuck his nose where it didn't belong. He got involved in out business, and as far as I'm concerned, that means we owe him one.

Edge shakes his head, while Dykstra is naturally pleased...

Kenny Dykstra: So after I scratched your backs last week... you're gonna scratch mine now. Right?

Randy Orton: Don't worry. We'll take care of it.

The Rated-RKO trio smile at each other, none more so than Kenny, who of course faces Jeff Hardy this Sunday at the Royal Rumble for the Intercontinental Championship. Edge is first to turn and leave the scene, followed by Orton, with the camera remaining focused on Dykstra, but as we fade to commercial, J.R. can say nothing but ask...

"What did they mean by that?"

*Commercial*

*Video Package*

WRESTLEMANIA RECALL!

APRIL 2ND, 1995
WRESTLEMANIA XI

Much like Wrestlemanias of the past, the NFL once again makes it's presence felt on the Superbowl of Wrestling as Hall of Fame linebacker Lawrence Taylor steps into the ring to take on the Beast From The East, Bam Bam Bigelow. Taylor brings with him a host of current NFL players, while Bigelow is flanked by Ted DiBiase's Million Dollar Corporation, with the two squads serving as lumberjacks for the match. On several occasions the football players and wrestlers clash, while in the ring, an unbelievable gutsy effort from Taylor sees him withstand an onslaught from Bam Bam, only for Taylor to somehow grab the victory with a flying forearm from the second rope, much to the disgust of DiBiase.

WRESTLEMANIA XXIII - 72 DAYS AND COUNTING

*End Video Package*

We then cut to the office of the Chairman of the Board to see Mr. McMahon stood in the middle of the room, talking to someone on his cell phone...

Mr. McMahon: No... no, don't worry... listen, I can handle it, alright?... Hey, after last week, neither of those two are gonna be puttin' their hands on me again... alright... listen, there's no need for you to be there... alright, fine. You wanna be there this Sunday? Be my guest...

Vince's attention is soon taken by a knock at the door, with Jonathan Coachman bursting into the room, a huge smile on his face and an thick A4 size brown envelope in his hand...

Mr. McMahon: Alright... alright, I'll see you this Sunday... bye.

McMahon snaps shut his phone, before turning to Coach with a devilish smile on his face...

Mr. McMahon: Is that what I think it is?

Barely able to contain himself, Coach quickly tears open the top of the envelope...

Jonathan Coachman: This is it Sir! This is what we've been waitin' for!

Coach pulls out a stack of paper, but before he gets a chance to read the first page, McMahon snatches it out of his hands...

Mr. McMahon: Do you mind?

Sheepishly, Coach backs away, allowing Vince to read. After flicking through a few pages, that evil grin flashes across his face once again...

Mr. McMahon: Perfect! (To himself) They got all my changes, all my stipulations...

Beaming, McMahon looks up from the contract and stares at Coachman...

Mr. McMahon: Y'know somethin' Coach? I have a feelin' this is going to be a very good nigh for me. A VERY good night.

The camera stays focused on McMahon as he again looks at the contract, a smug smirk on his face before we cut back into the arena for...

*THIS FIRE BURNS...*

It's a good pop for Raw's newest acquisition as CM Punk steps out onto the ramp. Punk bends down on one knee, tapping his wrist and holding it to his ear before bouncing up and shouting "It's clobberin' time!" before he confidently walks down to the ring...

Jim Ross: What on earth could Mr. McMahon have in store for John Cena and RVD tonight?

Jerry Lawler: Well whatever it is, I think Mr. McMahon is gonna enjoy it. D'you see that smile on his face when he read that contract?

Jim Ross: Anytime Mr. McMahon smiles I get a bad feelin' about it. But that's still to come, and right now, I for one am very excited for the Raw debut of that young man, the Straight Edge Superstar, CM Punk. I liked what I saw of that kid on ECW, and I think he'll be a great addition to the Raw roster.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah but J.R., they say he doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, he doesn't do drugs... don't ya' think that's kinda boring?

Jim Ross: Well we can't all be as wild as the King of Memphis.

By now Punk is in the ring, removing his t-shirt as...

*HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?...*

The always stern faced Hardcore Holly steps out, not wasting any time in heading down the ramp with his no nonsense approach...

Jim Ross: He's tougher than a two dollar steak, and last week, Hardcore Holly played his part in the assault of John Cena.

Jerry Lawler: Well this is gonna be quite the test for CM Punk. Hardcore Holly can do a lot of damage when he gets goin'...

Match 2: Royal Rumble Qualifier
Hardcore Holly
vs. CM Punk

From the first tie up it’s clear that Holly has little regard for Punk, despite Punk building up quite the reputation during his brief spell as part of ECW. So much so that instead of a more traditional collar and elbow tie up to start the match, Holly opens with a stiff slap to the face. Rubbing his jaw, Punk fires back with a series of stiff kicks to the thigh and right hands, before sending Holly off the ropes into a snap powerslam. Holly is quickly back up, but so is Punk to catch him with an armdrag, before Punk makes a quick move... for the anaconda vice! Punk looks for the quick submission, but the veteran Holly quickly scrambles to grab the ropes, forcing the break. Punk stays on the attack though, snapmaring Holly over for a dropkick to the back, gaining Punk a two count. More kicks and fists follow, but when Punk sends Holly to the corner and follows in, Holly elevates Punk over the top rope. Punk manages to land on the apron, but Holly rocks him with a big clothesline, which sees Punk drop to the apron and then to the floor.

Seeing Punk is down and hurt and knowing a count out win would be enough, Holly leaves Punk on the outside while the ref counts, all the while recovering from Punk’s earlier attack. The referee makes it to six with his count before Punk makes a move... seven... eight, and Punk is by the apron... rolling in as the ref makes it to nine. Holly is quickly on the attack, dropping a flurry of boots, elbows and knees before a hard Irish whip sends Punk to the corner, where Holly applies the boots to the midsection. Holly then drags Punk out of the corner to drop him with a scoop slam, before climbing to the second rope to connect with a diving legdrop, gaining Holly a long two count. The hardcore one looks to continue to pile on the offence, but when he goes for an Irish whip to the corner, Punk uses the ropes to elevate himself over the on rushing Holly, dropping on his feet behind Holly to nail a stiff kick to the head.

Punk then grabs Holly for a bulldog out of the corner, before Punk waits for Holly to get back up, knocking the veteran down repeatedly with a series of clotheslines. After the fourth knockdown, Holly is reeling, crawling to the ropes to distance himself. Punk stays on the attack, whipping Holly across, but Holly reverses... Punk ducks a clothesline and jumps to the second rope... springboard crossbody... but Holly rolls through... 1... 2... no! Punk kicks out, much to Holly’s annoyance. Both men return to their feet, where a stiff kick to the gut regains Holly the advantage. Going for an Irish whip, Holly sends Punk off the ropes, and he jumps looking for a dropkick... but Punk grabs the ropes, seeing Holly crash to the mat. Punk wastes no time in attacking, as when Holly staggers to his feet, Punk makes his move... he scoops Holly up onto his shoulders... throws him in the air... to let Holly crash into his knee! The Go To Sleep makes its debut, and Punk hooks the leg for the elementary 3 count!

Winner: And qualifying for the Royal Rumble, CM Punk @ 05.13

Punk books his place in the Royal Rumble this Sunday, after overcoming the stern test put infront of him from Holly. Punk uses the ropes to pull himself back to his feet, clutching at his ribs, all the while looking up at the Royal Rumble banner hanging from the rafters...

Jim Ross: An impressive debut here on Monday Night Raw for CM Punk. And could Punk be the one to realise the dream of headlining Wrestlemania?

Jerry Lawler: I think he's got as good a shot at it as anyone. I think CM Punk is a very impressive addition to the Raw roster. He could go a long way in the Rumble this Sunday, just wait and see.

Jim Ross: I gotta agree with ya' King. I think that young man could have a huge future here on Monday nights. But right now, let's head backstage, where our broadcast colleague, Todd Grisham is standing by.

We snap from the image of Punk trading high fives with the ringside fans to the sight of Todd Grisham stood square infront of the camera, dressed in a sharp suit with the mic in his hand...

Todd Grisham: Thanks J.R. and King. I'm standing by with former D-Generation X member... 'The Game'... Triple H.

Grisham turns to his right as [B}Triple H[/b] enters from off screen, to an initial solid pop, but there's that underlying element of boos in there too. Gone is the DX t-shirt, instead The Game now sports one of his custom design black tees. With a stern look on his face, The Game cups his chin with a taped hand, while the other arm is crossed across his chest, with Grisham feeling just a tad intimidated...

Todd Grisham: Triple H, last week, we all watched with shock as you and Shawn Michaels lost the World Tag Team Championship match to Rated-RKO, in the process ending DX forever. Triple H, I'd like to take you back to watch the highlights of the closing moments of that match last week. If you could just watch the monitor behind us...

Grisham motions towards the TV set stood behind the pair, and The Game turns to watch, his taped hand still across his chin...

...Edge stands behind Triple H... steel chair in hand! Edge readies himself, poised to strike, chair in the air... only for Michaels to yank it out of Edge’s hand!! Michaels saves his partner from a certain chair shot, and he swings at Edge... only for Edge to ducks... MICHAELS ACCIDENTLY NAILS TRIPLE H!! The Game crashes to the mat, with Michaels having a look of sheer disbelief on his face. Stunned and still with the weapon in his hand, Michaels is blindsided by Edge, who bodychecks Michaels through the ropes to the floor, while Orton quickly pounces to cover Triple H, with the ref oh so conveniently turning around in time to make the cover...

“No! Not like this!”

“Don’t let it end this way!”

Michaels desperately slides back into the ring and dives to break up the cover...

3!!

But he’s just... too... late.

Winners: And still World Tag Team Champions, Rated-RKO @ 12.47

Jim Ross: Bah Gawd I can't believe it! Somehow, someway, Edge and Randy Orton have managed to win this match and keep their titles.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah and in the process, they've just killed off DX forever!

Exhausted but somehow still standing, Edge drags his partner out of the ring, throwing Orton's arm over his shoulder to keep Orton standing. The ref hands Edge and Orton their belts, as the two slowly, painfully back their way up the ramp...

Jerry Lawler: They did it. All those months ago, Edge and Orton joined forces to try and extinguish the flame that was DX. Well, they've finally done it.

Jim Ross: They didn’t do nothin’ King! DX had this match won, if it wasn’t for the actions of Kenny Dykstra. And then poor Shawn Michaels, he was swinging for Edge.

Jerry Lawler: I dunno J.R., I mean are you sure he was swinging for Edge?

Jim Ross: Aw for Gawd’s sake, of course he was!

In the ring, Triple H finally starts to come too, while Michaels is down on his knees in the centre of the ring, his head buried in his hands, the dejection there for all to see...

Jim Ross: Look at Shawn Michaels. He looks absolutely devastated by what just happened.

Despite his look of devastation, Michaels manages to pull himself to his feet and then help Triple H up also. The Game is initially shaky on his feet, but he soon steadies himself, standing next to Michaels in the middle of the ring...

Jim Ross: These two, best of friends for as long as I can remember. And now, their dreams of being tag team champions together are over.

The crowd gives a warm response as the two sheepishly stare at each other, pride forbidding either man from wanting to show any emotion. It's Michaels who goes first, slowly offering Triple H a handshake. The crowd cheers, certain The Game will respond...

But he doesn't.

Instead, Trips stares at Michaels hand, before slowly making his way to the ropes, rolling under them and walking up the ramp, his back to Michaels the whole time.

Jerry Lawler: What was... what was that all about?

Jim Ross: I... I... I honestly don't know. Emotions are runnin' high but... I never expected to see somethin' like that.

Michaels walks towards the ropes, placing both hands on them, watching his former partner walk up the ramp. Slight boos follow The Game’s movements, with the camera switching between the dejection on the face of HBK and the cold blooded stare of The Game. Soon though, both men's facial expressions change...

As The Game flashes a quick smirk...

While Michaels' face changes to pure rage...

We cut back to the present day as Grisham and Trips turn back towards the camera, The Game's expression not changing an inch...

Todd Grisham:Obviously that had to be hard for you to watch Triple H, but my question for you is... why did you refuse to shake Shawn Michaels' hand at the end of your match last week?

The Game removes his hand from his chin, dropping it to his side as he stares at Grisham in silence for a few seconds before finally speaking...

Triple H: Todd, lemme' ask ya' somethin'. How many years you worked here now? Two, maybe three?

Todd Grisham: Three... three years.

Triple H: Three years. And in all that time Todd... how many partners have I turned my back on?

Flustered, Grisham fumbles for an answer...

Todd Grisham: Uh... um...

A brief smile crosses The Game's face as he places a hand on Todd's shoulder...

Triple H: Relax. I'll tell ya'. Randy Orton, Ric Flair, Batista... I turned my back on all of 'em. I sold each and every one of them down the river... for my own selfish needs. It was nothin' but greed. Each... and every... time.

Boos from the crowd, as The Game shows a more sombre mood on his face...

Triple H: Y'see Todd, I know what it's like to turn my back on someone. I know how it feels when you do it. But last week... last week I felt what it was like to be on the other side. Last week, I felt what it was like to be the one on the receiving end.

Shocked at what he's hearing, Grisham steps in...

Todd Grisham: Wait, wait a second Triple H. Are you saying you believe that last week Shawn Michaels swung that steel chair at you... on purpose?

The Game takes his time with his response, again stroking his chin...

Triple H: Let me put it to ya' this way Todd. You wanna know why I didn't shake Shawn Michaels' hand last week? After all we've been through, after all the history between us, after the end of the greatest tag team this business has ever seen, after all that... why didn't I shake his hand?

Grisham nods...

Triple H: Well Todd... I think you better ask Shawn Michaels why I didn't shake his hand.

Immediately The Game turns and walks off the set, leaving the camera to focus on a stunned and confused Grisham as we fade into commercial.

*Commercial*

When we return, we go straight to the announcers desk to hear from J.R. and King...

Jim Ross: Well folks, welcome back to Monday Night Raw. Just before we went to commercial, we heard, quite frankly, a stunning interview from The Game, Triple H, who claimed that last week, Shawn Michaels turned his back on him. That Shawn Michaels, by striking Triple H with a steel chair, albeit accidently in my opinion, stabbed Triple H in the back somehow.

Jerry Lawler: Well, like Triple H said, he's stabbed enough partners in the back over the years to know when it happens to you. I said last week I wasn't sure if Shawn Michaels really was swingin' for Edge...

Jim Ross: (Interrupting) Aw c'mon King, you don't believe that do ya'?

Jerry Lawler: Well, it's a possibility isn't it?

Jim Ross: Well... I guess it's a possibility, but I'd be shocked if that was the case. But both Michaels and Triple H will be in the ring together tonight in that ten man battle royal, as somebody on the Raw roster is gonna earn himself that all important number 30 spot in the Royal Rumble match.

Jerry Lawler: And what a huge advantage that's gonna be for whoever wins that battle royal. If you enter the Royal Rumble, you gotta be considered the favourite.

Jim Ross: And whoever may we win the Royal Rumble match, be it a Raw Superstar or a Smackdown Superstar, they can challenge either the WWE Champion or the World Heavyweight Champion. But by the time the dust settles on the Rumble, just who will the WWE Champion be?

Jerry Lawler: Boy I can't wait for this one J.R.! The WWE Champion John Cena, puts the WWE Championship on the line against the man who's had a huge impact since he returned to Raw, 'Mr. Monday Night' Rob Van Dam. And remember, we've still got the contract signing between the two to come later on tonight!

Jim Ross: You won't wanna miss that one folks. Cena and Van Dam, a long awaited rematch as far as John Cena is concerned. And you won't wanna miss the Intercontinental Championship match either. Jeff Hardy puts his gold up for grabs against Kenny Dykstra. Could Kenny Dykstra, at just 20 years old, become the youngest Intercontinental Champion in WWE history?

Jerry Lawler: Well, it's been quite the rise over the last couple of months for Kenny Dykstra. I just wonder what is this agreement Dykstra has with Edge and Randy Orton? He did them a favour last week, so now it's time for Rated-RKO to return it? That just doesn't sit right with me.

Jim Ross: I'd agree with ya' King, except for the fight that Jeff Hardy has overcame some pretty big the odds in the past. I dunno what Rated-RKO could have in store, but if anybody can overcome whatever obstacles Edge, Orton and Dykstra put in his way, it's Jeff Hardy.

Speaking of...

*LOADED...*

It's a great pop as the Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy bounces out onto the stage and then down the ramp...

Jim Ross: 'The Charismatic Enigma' will always have his doubters, but time and time again Jeff Hardy has took his game up a notch when he's had to.

Jerry Lawler: Well he may have to go again this Sunday when he faces Kenny Dykstra. Who knows what Randy Orton and Edge could have in mind.

In the ring, Jeff bounds up to the second rope to salute the crowd, and as he bounces back down...

*SWEET AND SOUR...*

Boos greet the arrival of Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch as the Redneck Wrecking Crew confidently make their way down to the ring...

Jim Ross: And there ya' see two guys who are very happy at being gifted Royal Rumble spots, allegedly I might add, by Jonathan Coachman.

Jerry Lawler: Well we don't know for sure if The Coach managed to swing those Royal Rumble spots as some kind of reward for their efforts last week, but we know for sure Cade and Murdoch will be involved this Sunday.

Jim Ross: It wouldn't surprise me if they enter at number 28 and 29 this Sunday. I know Coach has the connections to make that happen.

Match 3: Non Title Match
Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy vs. Lance Cade w/ Trevor Murdoch

A mismatch in terms of appearance, Cade initially looks to use his size and power advantage by driving Hardy to the corner from the tie up. The ref calls for a break, with Cade gives, until he drives elbows into the side of the head, before sending Hardy across to the opposite corner. Cade charges, only for Hardy to avoid the offense, letting Cade crash into the corner. Cade staggers out, and now it’s Hardy’s turn to attack, rocking Cade with a string of armdrags. After the third armdrag, Cade springs back up and swings a wild right hand, which Hardy ducks... and then connects with the sitout jawbreaker. The impact of the jawbreaker forces Cade to land sitting down in the corner, his head touching the middle turnbuckle. Hardy sees this and quickly makes his move, charging the corner for the rope aided dropkick... but Murdoch quickly drags his partner out of harm’s way, pulling Cade under the bottom rope to the outside. Murdoch helps his partner back to his feet, but as the redneck duo try to regroup, Hardy charges off the ropes and flies through the air... suicide dive! Hardy takes down both members of the crew, and he gets a few shots in on Murdoch before grabbing Cade and tossing him back into the ring. Hardy goes to follow Cade, only for Murdoch to grab his ankle, dragging Hardy back outside. With the ref busy admonishing Cade for something in the ring, his back is turned as Murdoch pulls out Hardy... and then drops him with a big time clothesline! The ref turns just in time to see Murdoch stood nearby to the fallen Intercontinental Champion, but Trevor quickly protests his innocence, backing away to allow Cade to roll under the bottom rope, drop a few stiff boots to Jeff and then toss him back into the ring.

Cade now goes to work, stomping an d dropping elbows on Hardy near the ropes, which leads to the ref calling for Cade to step off. This allows Murdoch to nail Jeff with a cheap shot, which hands Cade a near fall. Cade then enjoys a brief period of dominance, as he sends Jeff off the ropes into a dropkick and then connects with a vertical suplex. Cade then locks on a side headlock, looking to wear Hardy down, but Jeff is able to fight back to his feet, hitting a pair of elbows to the gut to break the hold, but Cade hangs on long enough to club Hardy on the back and send him to the corner... Jeff runs to the top rope... whisper in the wind!

Hardy connects, but both men stay down. Eventually, Jeff pulls himself to his feet while Cade has to use the ropes, and this gives Hardy the advantage as he strikes with right hands, only for Cade to grab Jeff’s boot as he goes for a kick... but Jeff fires back with the mule kick! Cade is reeling as he staggers towards the ropes, and Jeff quickly makes his move, going for an Irish whip... Cade reverses... Jeff ducks a clothesline... and strikes with the twist of fate! Jeff plants Cade, but Murdoch quickly jumps up onto the apron... right hand sends Murdoch flying! Now Jeff climbs to the top rope, steadies himself and flies... swanton bomb!! Jeff nails and hooks the leg... 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Jeff Hardy @ 04.38

The crowd responds as Jeff puts on a solid display with his title defence less than a week away. Cade is quickly dragged out of the ring by Murdoch, and as Jeff is handed back his title, he cautiously looks around the ring, no doubt expecting a Rated-RKO attack... but it never comes. Instead, Jeff drops under the ropes to the outside, slapping a few fans' hands as he makes his way back up the ramp, all the while glancing around him as we cut backstage...

To Jerry Lawler's favourite place. That's right, we're in the Divas Locker Room, where the ever chirpy Maria is stood talking to the beautiful Kelly Kelly, with the two divas in mid conversation...

Maria: Oh no, you'll totally love it here! Don't worry about it.

Kelly Kelly: Gee thanks! I was so worried about comin' here.

Maria: You'll be fine, I know it. So uh, is your boyfriend... Mike is it? Is he gonna be on Raw too?

Kelly Kelly: Um... well, y'know... it's complicated. I dunno if he will or not. I... I don't really wanna talk about it.

Maria: Oh. Oh OK, that's fine. Hey! Hey Mickie!

A few cheers from the crowd as the Women's Champion Mickie James enters the shot, dressed in street clothes, obviously not competing tonight...

Maria: Mickie, I want you to meet the newest Raw Diva, Kelly Kelly!

Mickie James: Hey Kelly. Nice to meet ya'.

Kelly Kelly: Aw thanks! Gosh Mickie, I saw your match last week with Victoria. That was a great win for you.

Mickie glances at the Women's Title slung over her shoulder...

Mickie James: Yeah, it was a tough match but...

The chat quickly end as Victoria strides into the room, walking straight past the Champion but making sure to nudge her shoulder as she does...

Mickie James: Uh... do you mind?

Victoria: No, not really. So Mickie, about our match last week. You seemed like you had somethin' to say.

Mickie James: I was just gonna talk Kelly through how I beat you last week.

Kelly and Maria, both still standing nearby, share a little giggle between each other. Mickie stares defiantly at Victoria, the two going nose to nose almost...

Victoria: Hey, you got lucky last week! I... had... you... BEAT!! I should be the Women's Champion right now!

Mickie James: Oh really? Well if you want this (Holding up Women's Championship)... I'm ready to take you on and beat you again, anytime, anywhere.

Victoria sighs, smirking at Mickie, who remains steely in determination. After a brief staredown, Victoria turns and walks away from Mickie, who returns to her conversation with Maria and Kelly Kelly...

Maria: Wow. She was mad. Like, really mad.

Mickie James: It's nothin' I can't...

Kelly lets out a scream as Victoria flies at Mickie, clubbing the champion from behind! Quickly the two are brawling on the floor, knocking over chairs and tables as they roll on the ground, as a good ol' fashioned catfight breaks out. The pair claw and scratch, pull at hair and brawl all over the locker room. Maria and Kelly do their best to separate the pair, but it's no good as Mickie and Victoria continue to beat on each other.

Eventually both women make it back to their feet, and they brawl their way towards the showers, where Candice Michelle steps out wearing nothing but a towel. Candice screams as Mickie and Victoria brawl right past her, until Victoria catches a break as she manages to push Mickie off her into a locker, and as Mickie turns... Victoria damn near takes her head off with a stiff clothesline! Mickie crashes to the floor hard, instantly clutching the back of her head and her neck, before Victoria mounts her...

Victoria: This... isn't... OVER!!

Victoria grabs a handful of hair before again slamming Mickie's head off the floor. Standing over the champ, Victoria snarls as she breaths hard, staring down menacingly at Mickie before finally walking off. Maria and Kelly Kelly quickly rush to the aid of the Women's Champion, who is laid out in a heap, clutching at her head and crying in pain as we cut to another backstage area.

Where Todd Grisham is once again standing by...

Todd Grisham: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time... 'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels!

Much like Triple H earlier, the DX gear has gone as Shawn Michaels enters the frame. The crowd responds with a good pop for Michaels, but there is a small amount of boos underneath. Michaels has an irritated look on his face, clearly not wanting to be interviewed at this time...

Todd Grisham: Shawn, earlier tonight we saw the footage of the controversial ending to the World Tag Team Championship match last week, where you struck Triple H with a chair, costing the two of you the match, ending D-Generation X forever. Shawn, earlier tonight, I asked Triple H why he refused a handshake from you at the end of the match, and the response I got from The Game was... that I should ask you why he didn't shake your hand.

Michaels gives a "Really?" look at Grisham, before staring at the ground and shaking his head...

Shawn Michaels: That's what he said?

Grisham nods, to which Michaels can only again shake his head...

Shawn Michaels: I...

Michaels stops, continuing to shake his head, gathering his thoughts...

Shawn Michaels: I got nothin' to say to that.

And with that, Michaels simply walks off the set, leaving Grisham again dumfounded as we fade into commercial...

*Commercial*

As soon as we return...

*ONE OF A KIND...*

It's a massive pop as Rob Van Dam steps out, stopping at the top of the ramp for his "Rob... Van... Dam!" thumb taunt before he strides confidently down to the ring...

Jim Ross: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw folks. There you see the man who is just six days away from his showdown with John Cena for the WWE Championship. Can Rob Van Dam repeat his efforts from One Night Stand last summer, and once again beat John Cena to become WWE Champion?

Jerry Lawler: I think RVD has a great chance of doing that. We know RVD has done it before, but as John Cena said, it was on RVD's terms. It was an extreme rules match in the Hammerstein Ballroom, full of old school ECW fans. I think this Sunday, it'll be a more level playin' field, but I think RVD is still in with a great shot at takin' the WWE Championship away from John Cena.

*PAPPARAZZI...*

The red carpet si quickly rolled down the ramp and the cameras start flashing as Johnny Nitro steps out, as always locked arm in arm with Melina...

Jim Ross: And speakin' of John Cena, that man Johnny Nitro was part fo that gauntlet match last week. Nitro was the first man to face Cena, and he certainly a good job of wearin' Cena down in the early stages.

Jerry Lawler: Right and if RVD's not careful, Johnny Nitro could put a serious dent in Van Dam's WWE Title hopes ahead of this Sunday.

Match 4:
Rob Van Dam
vs. Johnny Nitro w/ Melina

The match kicks off at a quick pace as both men showcase their athletic style of wrestling, The opening moments sees both men running the ropes, with Van Dam finally settling things down by first avoiding Nitro with a leapfrog and then nailing him with a jumping roundhouse kick. Van Dam now attacks with a series of kicks the drive Nitro to the corner, finishing off the flurry with another jumping roundhouse that knocks Nitro down. After a few right hands Nitro is sent to the opposite corner, but as RVD charges Johnny throws up a boot in desperation, which Van Dam runs straight into. RVD staggers to the ropes, and after a brief moments recovery, Nitro charges... only for Van Dam to back body drop Nitro over the top rope to the floor! Melina is quickly over to check on Nitro, but she soon screams and runs as Van Dam climbs to the top rope... twisting crossbody on the floor! RVD takes Nitro down and then slides into the ring, going for another thumb taunt, and he head into a commercial with “Rob... Van... Dam!” ringing out from the crowd as Nitro remains grounded.

*Commercial*

When we return, Van Dam is still in control, striking with right hands in the corner before driving his shoulder into Nitro’s gut, and one more time before coming out of the corner with a back handspring and then charging for a monkey flip... but Nitro manages to wrap both arms around the top rope, stopping his momentum and seeing RVD crash down to the mat. Van Dam immediately grabs the back of his head and neck, and Nitro is on it in a flash, clubbing RVD across the back of the head before aiming some well placed knee drops across the neck. Nitro then shows his vicious side, nailing a stiff running knee to RVD’s face and following this by dragging RVD to his feet and throwing him shoulder first into the steel ringpost. A Russian legsweep and string of uppercuts follow, but when Nitro sends RVD off the ropes, Van Dam reverses... Nitro jumps to the middle rope... springboard roundhouse! 1... 2... Van Dam kicks out.

Nitro then looks to wear RVD down with a legscissor headlock, using his legs to squeeze and apply pressure to the neck. Van Dam struggles to break free, twising and turning but to no avail, as Nitro has it locked on tight. Eventually RVD has no option but to twist and flip into a pinfall predicament, and Nitro is forced to break the hold at the 2 count. Both men are quickly back up, with Nitro looking to strike first with a kick, which RVD blocks... to strike with a step over spinning wheel kick! Now RVD looks to put together a string of moves, starting with a pair of kicks to the thigh and then a bridging northern lights suplex that gets him another 2 count. Nitro is dazed by RVD’s burst of offence, and this allows RVD to connect with rights and lefts before sending Nitro to the corner, charging in and this time hitting the monkey flip that sends Nitro flying.

Nitro is still down as Van Dam comes off the opposite rope... rolling thunder... no! Nitro gets both knees up, and RVD crashes into them. Still feeling the effects of RVD’s offense, it takes Nitro a while to return to his feet, but when he does, he waits for Van Dam to rise... Nitro blast... no! RVD ducks, spins Nitro around... jumping roundhouse kick! Nitro goes down, in the perfect spot as RVD climbs to the top rope... five star frog splash!! RVD connects, and he quickly hooks both legs... 1... 2... 3!!

Winner: Rob Van Dam @ 11.57

Exhausted, Van Dam quickly rolls to one side, clutching at his neck and his ribs, selling the effect of the match and the frog splash. Soon though, RVD is back on his feet to have his arm raised to another pop from the crowd before we fade into a video package...

*Video Package*

Narrator: Every year, 30 men chase a dream...

Shots of historical Royal Rumble moments, starting with Shawn Michaels dumping The British Bulldog over the top rope and then collapsing to his knees in victory...

Narrator: 30 men who seek fight for greatness...

Triple H returning in 2002 and last eliminating Kurt Angle before celebrating in the ring...

Narrator: 30 men who strive for their spot...

Quick-fire shots of 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin's three Rumble wins, 1997, 1998 and 2001...

Narrator: In the annals of time.

We now see stadium-wide shots of past Wrestlemania's, with the flashing lights and pyro displays of yesteryear...

Narrator: They crave immortality...

We now see shots from last year's Royal Rumble, starting with Shane McMahon eliminating Shawn Michaels...

Narrator: They strive for prominence...

The iconic image of Rey Mysterio headscissoring Randy Orton over the top rope to claim victory...

Narrator: But only one...

Rapid-fire images of eliminations, with bodies crashing to the floor as the pace of the video quickens...

Narrator: Will fulfil their destiny.

"WWE ROYAL RUMBLE - JANUARY 28TH - LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW!"

*End Video Package*

We now cut backstage to the sight of Torrie Wilson stood infront of a catering table, making herself what appears to be a cup of coffee. Wilson grips the white styrofoam cup, stirring with a plastic stirrer before having a sip. Happy, Torrie turns to her right to leave... only to stop dead in her tracks as she walks into the waiting Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Surprised to see them there, Wilson chokes and coughs...

Torrie Wilson: God you scared me! What are you guys doin'?

Haas has a look of sheer hate on his face, while Benjamin offers Torrie a fake smile...

Shelton Benjamin: Oh. Did... did we scare you? Damn, you hear that Charlie? We scared her!

Charlie Haas: What a shame.

Benjamin turns to Haas and nods...

Shelton Benjamin: That is a shame.

Torrie Wilson: Uh... OK. Well, I'll just be on my way...

Torrie goes to walk past Haas and Benjamin, but neither man budges...

Torrie Wilson: Uh... excuse me.

Again Haas and Benjamin stand their ground, with Haas shaking his head at Wilson...

Shelton Benjamin: Not so fast. We need you to do us a lil' favour Torrie. Y'see, your boy Carlito, we warned him not to get involved in our business with Ric Flair last week. And when he nailed poor Charlie here with a steel chair... he made a huge mistake.

Feeling intimidated, Torrie stares at the ground...

Shelton Benjamin: And that means we got a problem with him.

Charlie Haas: So we want you to give Carlito and old man Flair a little message from us.

Torrie Wilson: A message? What kind of message?

Benjamin turns to Haas and smirks before turning back to Torrie...

Shelton Benjamin: You tell Carlito... that we're comin' after him. As far as we're concerned, we owe him a beatin'.

Benjamin now steps forward, narrowing the gap between him and Torrie...

Shelton Benjamin: A beatin' just as bad as the one we gave Ric Flair two weeks ago. So you go take yo' cup of coffee... and you go find yo' boy Carlito. And you tell him that last week he made the biggest mistake of his life. And he's gonna pay for it...

Now it's Haas who steps forward to get in Torrie's face...

Charlie Haas: And he's gonna start payin' for it tonight!

???: HEY!

The camera zooms out as Jeff Hardy surprisingly enters the shot, the crowd giving the Intercontinental Champion a good pop as he walks towards the catering table...

Jeff Hardy: Why don't you two back off and leave the lady alone?

Haas flashes a real pissed off look on his face while Benjamin has a surprised expression...

Charlie Haas: Stay out of this Hardy. This ain't none of your business.

Jeff Hardy: Oh yeah? Well I'm makin' it my business.

Haas angrily steps towards Hardy, only for Shelton to place an arm across his partner's chest...

Shelton Benjamin: Hey, hey... easy Charlie. Alright Jeff. We ain't got no problem wit' you man. I think we made our point anyway... right Torrie?

Sheepishly, Torrie turns away...

Shelton Benjamin: Yeah I thought so. (To Haas) C'mon man, let's get outta here.

And with that, Haas and Benjamin turn and walk away, leaving Jeff and Torrie behind...

Torrie Wilson: Oh my God, thank you Jeff. I dunno what would've happened if you didn't show up.

Jeff smiles and grabs himself a bottle of water off the table...

Jeff Hardy: Hey, don't worry about it. I'm sure if Carlito wasn't gettin' ready for his match he'd have...

Out of nowhere Hardy is blindsided by Edge, Randy Orton and Kenny Dykstra!! Hardy is hammered from behind by the Rated-RKO trio, causing Jeff to go crashing into the table, knocking it over, sending food and bottles scattering all over the floor. Torrie screams and then runs for the hills, but Edge, Orton and Dykstra take no notice of her, instead they continue to pound Hardy on the floor. Jeff tries to struggle to his knees to put up a fight, but the numbers get to him as Dykstra mounts him, laying in with stiff shots to the skull as Edge and Orton lay in with kicks.

Eventually Kenny stops, returning to his feet to stand with his colleagues...

Edge: Alright! There ya' go! That's how you become a CHAMPION junior!!

Randy Orton: Alright, c'mon let's go.

Edge and Orton turn to leave, but Dykstra, a sick look in his eyes as he stands over Hardy doesn't move...

Kenny Dykstra: No. No I'm not done yet!

Dykstra walks towards another table nearby, chasing away a few backstage workers... and then grabbing hold of two steel chairs!

Dykstra quickly grabs Jeff by the hair, pulling his head off the concrete to place one of the chairs on the ground before releasing his grip, letting Jeff's head drop onto the steel. Loving what they are seeing for their protégé, Edge and Orton give Kenny plenty of encouragement...

Randy Orton: C'mon Kenny DO IT!!

Edge: Yeah! YEAH DO IT!! HIT 'IM!!

A group of referees and road agents quickly hit the scene, shouting "Back off Kenny!" and "Drop it! Drop the damn chair!", but Orton and Edge keep the agents away, as Kenny raises the second chair high in the air...

"No! Don't do it Kenny!"

Steadying himself...

"Hit 'im!! You wanna be a champion? HIT 'IM!!"

Before bringing the chair down...

for a sickening ONE MAN CON-CHAIR-TO!!!

Randy Orton: YEAH!! THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT MAN!!

A sick smile flashes across Dykstra's mouth as he callously drops the chair in his hand, slowly backing away from Hardy, not taking his eyes on the fallen Intercontinental Champion...

Backstage Worker: Get the hell outta here!

Edge and Orton are all smiles as they stand next to Kenny, delighted with Kenny's actions...

Edge: Alright. Alright that's enough, let's go.

Edge and Orton turn to leave, with Kenny slowly following behind, his eyes still locked on Hardy as he leaves the scene...

Backstage Worker: God we... we need some help here! Somebody get an ambulance!

The camera zooms in on Hardy's head, with the Intercontinental Champion not moving an inch since the chair crashed down on his skull. Agents try to check on Hardy, asking "Jeff can you hear me?" but there's no response as we fade into commercial.

*Commercial*

After the break we focus on the announce desk and a very sombre looking Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler...

Jim Ross: Uh, ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to Monday Night Raw. Just before we went to commercial, Jeff Hardy, the Intercontinental Champion, was the subject of a heinous attack from Rated-RKO, that ended with Jeff Hardy suffering a one man con-chair-to from the man he's scheduled to face this Sunday at the Royal Rumble, Kenny Dykstra.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah but J.R., will Jeff Hardy even be able to compete this Sunday? I mean, during the commercial...

J.R. and King now begin to talk over footage of Jeff, strapped to a stretcher, brace around his neck, being loaded into an ambulance and then driven away...

Jerry Lawler: There you see it, Jeff Hardy bein' loaded into that ambulance. I mean, I didn't hear one word from Jeff as he was bein' checked over by the paramedics.

Jim Ross: From what we understand, there was no response when the medical workers tried to speak to Jeff. Uh... God, I dunno what's gonna happen this Sunday. Will we even have an Intercontinental Championship match? Will Jeff Hardy be able to go next week?

The footage ends with the ambulance driving out of the arena and off into the distance, lights and siren blaring...

Jerry Lawler: And what does it mean if he can't compete? I mean, does Jeff forfeit the title? Does Kenny become the Intercontinental Champion by default? I mean, what's gonna happen?

Jim Ross: I don't know. I honestly don't know. I hope Jeff Hardy is alright, I hope he's out of the hospital soon. Uh... if we get an update on Jeff's condition before we go off the air, we'll relay that information to you folks, but right now... I just don't know.

Jerry Lawler: I guess uh... I guess we'll just have to wait until Sunday.

Jim Ross: Well folks, the Royal Rumble is live on pay-per-view this Sunday, but in two weeks time, February 5th, we've got a special three hour edition of Monday Night Raw.

Jerry Lawler: Right, February 5th is going to Raw: Night Of Champions! And every title here on Raw will be defended that evenin'. I dunno 'bout you J.R., but for my money, the odds of Jeff Hardy still bein' the Intercontinental Champion come February 5th aren't that great.

Jim Ross: It doesn't look good no.

*SEXY BOY...*

It's a good response from the crowd as for the first time in six months we hear 'Sexy Boy' accompany the entrance of Shawn Michaels, who steps out before dropping to his knees in prayer as pyro fires off behind him...

Jim Ross: But we'll try put that to one side for now, as it's time to find out just who will be the 30th entrant in the Royal Rumble match this Sunday. And what could be goin' through the mind of Shawn Michaels right now after what we heard Triple H say earlier?

Jerry Lawler: Well Todd Grisham tried to find out what was goin' through the mind of Shawn Michaels, and all he got was pretty much a 'No Comment' from HBK.

Jim Ross: I can't wait to see what happens when Shawn Michaels and Triple H get in the ring together. I can't wait to see how those two respond to each other.

Jerry Lawler: Can Shawn Michaels put Triple H out of his mind long enough to grab himself the number 30 spot? That's what I wanna find out.

*HELL WILL BE CALLIN'...*

As has been the norm in recent weeks, it's a good pop with that underlying of boos with it as the ECW Champion Bobby Lashley confidently makes his way down the ramp...

Jerry Lawler: And what about this guy J.R.? Bobby Lashley's gotta be in with a big chance of winnin' the Royal Rumble, and he'll have an even better chance if he enters at number 30.

Jim Ross: On his day, Bobby Lashley can be as dominant as anyone in the square circle. Although Lashley, much like the WWE Champion John Cena, has had his share of problems with Mr. McMahon in recent weeks.

*VIRTUAL VOODOO...*

Instants boos for the appearance of Umaga, who as always is lead down the ramp by Armando Alejandro Estrada...

Jerry Lawler: That's my favourite right there. I mean, can you imagine if somebody as dominant as Umaga entered the Rumble at number 30?

Jim Ross: He still has never been pinned, never been forced to submit, and last week, he looked damn impressive in knockin' off Rob Van Dam in singles competition.

Jerry Lawler: Well I think if these other nine guys were smart, they'd gang up and try eliminate Umaga. I don't think anybody's gonna be able to do it one on one.

"YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME...

HEY! NOTHING YOU CAN SAY..."

*BURN IN MY LIGHT (RATED-R REMIX)...*

It's filthy heat for the World Tag Team Champions Edge and Randy Orton, no doubt due to everyone in the arena having seen their attack on Jeff Hardy moments ago...

Jim Ross: Well I hope those two sons of bitches are happy with the monster they've created in Kenny Dykstra. I hope they're happy they just helped send Jeff Hardy to the hospital.

Jerry Lawler: You better calm down J.R. or you'll wind up in the hospital too if Edge and Randy Orton hear you.

Jim Ross: Hell it makes me sick. We gotta go to commercial, I'll try cool off a little bit. Join us after the break as we find out just who is goin' to be the 30th entrant in the 2007 Royal Rumble.

*Commercial*

We return from the break with Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas already in the ring having made their entrance while we were away. Carlito is at the bottom of the ramp with a furious look on his face, Torrie Wilson by his side. Carlito angrily yanks off his t-shirt, throwing down at the foot of the ring, but he doesn't enter the ring yet as he waits for...

"WOOOOO..."

*ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA...*

It's a great pop that welcomes Ric Flair into the arena as he styles and profiles his way down the ramp, nodding as he arrives next to Carlito, with the pair carefully entering the ring...

Jim Ross: Well what d'ya think King? Can the 16 time World Champion roll back the years and earn himself a shot at number 17 at Wrestlemania?

Jerry Lawler: He's the dirtiest player in the game, and he knows what it takes to win a Royal Rumble. If Ric Flair enters at number 30, he'd have a great chance of winning the Rumble.

In the ring, Flair and Carlito square off next infront of Haas and Benjamin, the four men instantly talking smack at each other, but they're interrupted by...

"BEHOLD THE KING... THE KING OF KINGS..."

*THE GAME...*

It's a massive pop for Triple H, who confidently strides down the ramp, all the while the camera switches between shots of The Game and Shawn Michaels, who has a stern look on his face as his former partner makes his entrance. As Triple H takes a swig from his water bottle, in the ring, Flair and Carlito have had enough as they start trading shots with Haas and Benjamin, and the battle royal is on!!

Match 5: Ten Man Battle Royal
ECW Champion Bobby Lashley vs. Carlito w/ Torrie Wilson vs. Charlie Haas vs. World Tag Team Champion Edge vs. World Tag Team Champion Randy Orton vs. Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Triple H vs. Umaga w/ Armando Alejandro Estrada
Winner will enter the Royal Rumble Match as entrant Number 30

And it kicks off at a frenzied pace as Carlito, Flair, Haas and Benjamin trade a flurry of rights and lefts in the middle of the ring. Edge and Orton immediately turn to double team Shawn Michaels, while the two monsters in the ring, Lashley and Umaga start trading bombs in the corner. Triple H however takes his time to enter the ring, but when he does, he grabs Orton, teeing off on him to cheers from the crowd. Michaels now grabs Edge, tosses him to the turnbuckle to unload with chops, while Flair does the same to Benjamin in the opposite corner. Michaels and Flair see each other doing so, and we briefly have a spell of duelling chops, to ever bigger cries of “Woooo” from the crowd. Eventually Haas and Orton make the save for their partners, and we now see the first interaction between Umaga and Triple H, while Lashley and Carlito square off near the ropes, with the ECW Champion trying to force Carlito over the top rope, with ‘Lito valiantly hanging one.

The opening minutes see most of the personal rivalries in the match take the fore, until Edge and Orton adapt the strategy they discussed earlier, with the tag champs going to work on Bobby Lashley, with Edge and Orton sending Lashley off the ropes... but Lashley explodes with a double clothesline! Triple H now tees off on Charlie Haas, with Shelton Benjamin trying to muscle Shawn Michaels over the top rope, while Umaga has now turned his attention to Carlito. Ric Flair is down in a corner catching his breath, but he soon makes his move, pulling himself to his feet to grab Benjamin and drag him away from Michaels. Flair again unloads with stiff chops to Shelton’s chest, and it’s from this confrontation we have our first elimination, as Haas breaks away from The Game to club Flair from behind. Haas grbas Flair and turns him around, only for Naitch to block Haas’ right hand, before again smacking the chops to the chest, which forces Haas out of the corner... into a backstabber from Carlito! Carlito catches Haas from the blindside, but instead of crashing to the mat, Haas springs back to his feet... and Flair tosses him over the top rope!

Elimination #1 – Charlie Haas by Ric Flair

But quick as a flash, Shelton flies out of the corner, rocking Carlito as he tries to get back up and then turning to grab Flair by surprise... and launch Flair over the top rope!

Elimination #2 – Ric Flair by Shelton Benjamin

Flair lands right next to Haas, with Haas already back on his feet. As soon as Flair hits the mat, Haas turns to lay a beating on Flair, with Shelton watching on as his partner lays into Naitch with a series of boots. Over in the corner, Michaels and Triple H still haven’t interacted with each other, as The Game is down recovering from an assault from Umaga, who has now turned his attention to Michaels. Lashley meanwhile is busy dealing with both Edge and Orton, while Benjamin has turned his attentions to Carlito. On the outside, Haas has Flair on his feet and moves to whip Flair into the ringpost... but Flair reverses... and it’s Haas who crashes into the steel post! In the ring, Shelton sees his teammate suffer at Flair’s hands, stands near the ropes, peering down over them to shout “The hell you doin’?!” at the Nature Boy, with Carlito seeing this as his chance... and he sneaks up from behind and dumps Benjamin over the top rope!

Elimination #3 – Shelton Benjamin by Carlito

Carlito dumps Shelton... WHAM! He turns right into a savate kick from Umaga! Carlito is down and out, but before Umaga can eliminate him, Triple H clubs Umaga from behind, forcing Umaga to the ropes where the two trade right hands. Edge and HBK also go at it, while Orton is on the end of a string of rights from Lashley. On the outside however, the action continues as Flair and Benjamin are now involved in a all out brawl, with the two referees assigned the match trying to split the pair up. Chops knock Benjamin away from the side of the ring to the near the base of the ramp, but Benjamin thumbs Flair in the eye to stop the chain... and then hits paydirt on the floor! Shelton plants Flair on the outside, and by now Haas is also back on his feet, laying into Flair with a few cheap kicks. Benjamin shouts “Pick ‘im up!” and Haas obliges, dragging Flair to his feet. Shelton nails three well placed fists to the top of Flair’s head, while in the ring, Carlito has finally begun to stir. Dragging himself up, Carlito shakes off the cobwebs, while on the outside Torrie Wilson has made her way over to where the Flair beatdown is happening, pleading with Benjamin and Haas to stop. Benjamin relents from nailing Flair, turning to Torrie to shout “Get the hell outta here!”. Carlito spots this, and has a sudden burst of energy to charge at the ropes...suicide dive over the top rope onto Benjamin, Haas and Flair!!

Elimination #4 – Carlito by Himself

Carlito flies through the air to nail all three men on the floor, snapping into Haas and Benjamin with furious rights, lefts and elbows. Soon, all four men are on their feet brawling at the base of the ramp, which causes the pair of refs to wave up the ramp for backup. A posse of refs, agents and backstage workers race down the ramp, trying to break up the bitter fuelled brawl in progress, and we fade into commercial at the sight of all hell breaking loose on the outside.

*Commercial*

We return from commercial with the commotion at ringside gone, with J.R. telling us all four men battled their way up the ramp to the backstage area. We also see a replay of some action from during the break, where Edge was poised to strike Shawn Michaels with a spear, only for Michaels to nail Edge with some sweet chin music... only for Michaels to be rocked with a Samoan spike from Umaga! No eliminations happen though, and now we have Edge and Michaels down, although Edge is slowly getting back up, while by the ropes Umaga is trying to muscle The Game over the top rope while in the corner Orton is rocking Lashley with stiff right hands. Edge staggers back to his feet to assist his partner, only for Lashley to rock both men with big elbows to the side of the head, before he grabs Edge and Orton... and smashes their heads together! Orton crashes to the mat, while Edge falls backwards to a sitting position in the corner. This is all the invitation Umaga needs as he charges... Samoan wrecking ball! Edge’s head snaps back against the bottom turnbuckle, and with some encouragement from Estrada, Umaga makes his move to eliminate Edge, dragging Edge to his feet, but Michaels is now back up... sweet chin music! Michaels nails the superkick, but it only staggers Umaga... RKO! Orton nails the RKO, but Umaga somehow staggers back to his feet... spear! This time it’s Edge who connects, but somehow Umaga crawls to the ropes, pulling himself up. This leads to a momentary alliance between the three men, as they try to force Umaga over the top. Orton grabs a leg, Michaels pushes against ‘Mag’s chest while Edge grabs the other leg. Somehow Umaga manages to hang on, but Lashley leaves his effort against Triple H to join the Umaga attack... and a huge burst of power from the ECW Champion finally forces Umaga over the top rope!

Elimination #5 – Umaga by Bobby Lashley, Edge, Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels

It may have taken four men to do it, but the Samoan Bulldozer is gone! All four men recover near the ropes, with Edge and Orton both dropping to their knees. Michaels hangs with his back against the ropes, while Lashley leans his head against them. In the far corner, Triple H has pulled himself back up, and he sees a chance to attack... double clothesline to Lashley and Michaels... both men go over the top rope! Michaels... manages to grab hold of the top rope and save himself, but Lashley... he crashes to the floor below!

Elimination #6 – Bobby Lashley by Triple H

While Lashley crashes to the floor, Michaels skins the cat, pulling himself back into the ring... and face to face with Triple H! Furious, Michaels shouts “What the hell was that?!” at The Game, but before tensions can rise, Orton nails Triple H while Edge clubs Michaels from behind. The boots quickly rain down from Edge and Orton, as they look to follow through on their plan of removing the rest of the field. Michaels is pounded down into the corner by Edge, who then goes to join Orton in the assault of Triple H. The double team moves from the corner to the ropes, and a few more right hands from both men, Triple H is whipped off the ropes into a double flapjack. Now the champs turn their attentions back to Michaels, with Orton dragging HBK to the centre of the ring, hitting a perfect standing dropkick. With both Michaels and Trips down, Edge and Orton now methodically plan their attacks, starting with the duo pulling Triple H to his feet, but as they try to go for an Irish whip, The Game desperately throws elbows, trying to fight his way free, but Orton hangs on long enough to hit a knee to the gut and a double axe handle to the back, knocking The Game down to the mat.

The pace of the match has slowed right down now, and after a few boots to The Game, Edge points for Orton to lift Michaels to his feet in the corner. Orton walks over, pulling Michaels up, while Edge crouches in the opposite corner, poised, ready to strike. Orton pulls Michaels up and goes to send Michaels in Edge’s direction... Edge charges... but Michaels reverses the Irish whip... spear... to Orton!! Edge can’t believe it as he nails his partner! Stunned at what happened, Edge is quickly back on his feet, trying to help Orton back up. Edge succeeds in assisting Orton, asking “You alright?” of his partner. Orton clutches his ribs and nods, but all of a sudden Edge’s expression changes... and he grabs Orton by the head... and launches him over the top rope!

Elimination #7 – Randy Orton by Edge

Edge tosses out Orton! Randy can’t believe it, as his fellow World Tag Team Champion has just sent him flying to the outside. In the ring, Edge again crouches in the corner, waiting for Michaels to turn from the opposite corner in which he was trying to recover. Slowly Michaels stands and turns... and here comes Edge... right into a spinebuster from Triple H!! The arena erupts as The Game flies across the ring to plant Edge! Quickly back on his feet, Triple H roars to the crowd, who give him a huge pop in return... BANG! Michaels nails The Game... with sweet chin music... and Triple H is eliminated!!

Elimination #8 – Triple H by Shawn Michaels

“He did it on purpose! I saw it!”

King damn near has a heart attack as there’s no doubts this week. Michaels sent The Game out of the ring on purpose. Staring down at The Game who lands next to Orton, Michaels has mixed emotions on his face. A look of remorse is crossed with anger, but as Michaels stares down at Triple H, Edge makes his move, grabbing Michaels from behind... and dumping him over the rope! Edge wins!!

Winner: And entrant Number 30 in the Royal Rumble Match, Edge @ 16:14

Jim Ross: Bah gawd I don't believe it! Edge has somehow, someway, just became the last man to enter the Royal Rumble!

Jerry Lawler: What a huge advantage Edge has going into the Rumble this Sunday! But J.R., did you see the confrontation between Edge and his partner Randy Orton. I mean, it was Edge who dumped Orton over the top rope!

Jim Ross: And what about Shawn Michaels and Triple H? HBK send The Game flying over the top rope with a lil' sweet chin music! What on earth is goin' on between those two right now?

In the ring, Edge lays exhausted on the mat, while on the outside, Randy Orton can only stare in disbelief at his partner, while Shawn Michaels can only shake his head in disgust at The Game, who slowly picks himself up off the mat. Michaels doesn't wait for The Game to rise though, as he quickly storms up the ramp, running his hands through his hair before angrily snapping his head back as we cut to a backstage hallway...

To see the WWE Champion John Cena walking through the corridors, the WWE Title across his shoulder...

Jim Ross: Well, I guess we'll have to wait for answers with regards to what's going on with the former DX members, but we won't have to wait long for the contract signing for the WWE Championship match this Sunday. John Cena and Rob Van Dam will both sign on the bottom line, with Mr. McMahon overseeing it all. Join us when we return to Monday Night Raw!

*Commercial*

As we return, we snap to the hard camera to see the ring is already decked out, ready for tonight's contract signing between John Cena and Rob Van Dam. A black carpet adorns the ring, while a table is flanked by two wooden stools at either side while a big leather recliner sits at one of the table's sides, facing the camera. Already in the ring stands Jonathan Coachman...

Jim Ross: Welcome back everybody. It's now time for the contract signing for the WWE Championship match that will take place this Sunday at the Royal Rumble. The WWE Champion John Cena puts his title on the line against the challenger, Mr. Monday Night, Rob Van Dam.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah but that's not all we've got tonight. On the line tonight, is that all important Number 30 spot in the Royal Rumble Match. 10 Raw superstars go at it in a 10 Man Over The Top Rope Battle Royal, with the winner entering the Royal Rumble at Number 30! What a huge advantage that'll be for whoever wins.

Jim Ross: Also, the final Raw spot in the Rumble is on the line as two former ECW Superstars collide when CM Punk and Hardcore Holly meet, and the Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy will also be in action. But right now, let's hand it over to The Coach for the contract signing.

The camera focuses on the smug looking Coach, no doubt delighted with the way he taught Cena a lesson last week. Coach is wearing a smart suit, and he arrogantly adjusts his tie before speaking...

Jonathan Coachman: Ladies and gentlemen, this Sunday at the Royal Rumble pay per view, there will be a WWE Championship match, where John Cena puts the WWE Title up for grabs against Rob Van Dam.

Coach pauses as the crowd pop, to which Coach shakes his head...

Jonathan Coachman: Now, I know you all remember what happened the last time Mr. Cena and Mr. Van Dam met in the ring with the WWE Championship on the line. It was seven months ago at the One Night Stand pay per view where RVD... well, quite frankly, he STOLE the WWE Championship.

Boos...

Jonathan Coachman: You can boo all ya' want, but y'know I'm right. Extreme Rules, Hammerstein Ballroom, hell, it was Paul Heyman who counted the 1-2-3! Everything was in RVD's favour that night.

More boos, but Coach motions for quiet...

Jonathan Coachman: Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not tryin' to make excuses for John Cena. Hell, I loved seein' Cena get his ass speared through a table by Edge that night. But as far as Mr. McMahon is concerned, the WWE Championship is sacred and never again will there be a case of some washed up ECW guy taking our title and tarnishing it the way RVD last summer.

More boos, to which Coach merely smiles...

Jonathan Coachman: Now, let's get this show on the road. Up first, the WWE Champion!

Pop....

Jonathan Coachman: The leader of the chain gang!

Another pop...

Jonathan Coachman: And the man I singlehandedly pinned last week...

Boos...

Jonathan Coachman: John... Cena!

*MY TIME IS NOW...*

It's a mostly positive response as the WWE Champion John Cena bursts out onto the stage, stopping at the top of the ramp to soak in the cheers. Cena offers a salute to the fans, before he charges down the ramp and slides into the ring, immediately getting in Coach's face. Coach quickly moves so that the table is in-between himself and Cena, but Cena ignores him and climbs to the second rope in one of the corners, raising his title belt high in the air before jumping down to the mat, placing the title over his shoulder while Coach, feeling a little flustered, again adjusts his tie...

Jonathan Coachman: Whoa, easy there Cena. Just take it easy. Have a seat on that stool there and relax.

Cena takes a step towards Coach, which causes Coach to flinch, but Cena lets it go, instead agreeing to take a seat. Cena perches himself on the stool, a mic already placed on the table infront of him, as is the contract. Coach slowly inches back towards the table, wary of a Cena attack...

Jonathan Coachman: Alright. That's... that's good. And out next, he is the challenger.

Pop for RVD, bigger than Cena's tbh...

Jonathan Coachman: A guy who made his name in a bingo hall back in Philly!

Boos for Coach...

Jonathan Coachman: A guy who represents everythin' that Extremely Crappy Wrestling was all about.

More boos...

Jonathan Coachman: And the man who had his ass handed to him last by Umaga!

Boos again...

Jonathan Coachman: Rob... Van... Dam!

*ONE OF A KIND...*

It's a massive cheer as Rob Van Dam makes his way out onto the stage, the crowd cheering "Rob... Van... Dam!" as he does his thumb taunt. Van Dam confidently walks down the ramp, and when he gets into the ring, RVD throws a few words in Coach's direction before climbing to the second rope for another round of cheers from the crowd. RVD steps down and then turns towards the table, where Cena has a confident look on his face, while the easy going Van Dam smiles, propping himself on the stool opposite Cena...

Jonathan Coachman: Alright, we have our champion, we have our challenger... but there's still one man missing. The most important man in this whole situation. Without this man, none of us would be stood in this ring right now.

Boos...

Jonathan Coachman: A man with no equal. A legend of the sports entertainment world. A pioneer in this industry!

The boos continue...

Jonathan Coachman: That's right folks, my hero and you're number one... Vincent... Kennedy.... MCMAHON!!!

*NO CHANCE IN HELL...*

It's a ton of heat that greets Mr. McMahon as he emerges from the back. McMahon stops at the top of the ramp, playing up to the crowd, drawing more heat before arrogantly swaggering down to the ring...

Jonathan Coachman: Hey! You people show some respect! That's the Father of our industry right there!

The crowd takes no notice as the boos only intensify, but after what happened to Cena and RVD last week, McMahon doesn't care, as he smugly smiles through the boos to enter the ring, shaking hands with Coach before settling into his big leather recliner...

Jonathan Coachman: Mr. McMahon, over to you.

Mr. McMahon: Thank you Coach. Gentlemen, before you sits the contract for the WWE Championship match this Sunday. Now, I personally drew up the terms of this contract, not for the protection of either of you two. Hell, I don't care about either one of ya', and I think after last week, you've both learned your lesson on what happens when you cross the boss.

McMahon smugly flashes a smile at both Van Dam and Cena before continuing...

Mr. McMahon: This contract is not for either of your protection, it's for the protection of MY company. Now, you'll both have a chance to read the contract, but let me give you the main points. This match will be a standard one on one wrestling match. No Extreme Rules or anything like that. In the event that you should somehow win RVD... there will be no rechristening my WWE Championship as the ECW Championship, you understand me?

A brief "E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB!" chant breaks out, at which Van Dam smiles...

Mr. McMahon: Yeah, yeah. There will also be no outside interference in this match. If anybody tries to get involved in the WWE Championship match at the Royal Rumble, I will personally fire them and have them escorted out of the building. Another little stipulation I made sure to put in that contract, is that only officially recognised WWE officials are allowed to count the pinfall. There will be no Paul Heyman runnin' his fat ass down to the ring and acting like a referee.

More boos...

Mr. McMahon: And one final stipulation I added, purely because I really don't like either of you two. As far as concerned, this match happens once and it happens one time only. Regardless of who wins this match, there will be no rematch.

A brief pop from the crowd, with both Cena and RVD nodding, seemingly approving the no rematch clause...

Mr. McMahon: Alright, let's get to it. John Cena, you are the WWE Champion, you may sign first.

Cena picks the contract up from the table, flicking through the pages, taking his time to read things over. Cena returns the contract to the table, but instead of picking up the pen nearby, he grabs the microphone infront of him...

John Cena: Hold on a second. I wanna say somethin' before I sign this.

Cena pauses, removing the cap from his head to run his fingers across his hair before replacing the cap and speaking...

John Cena: First of all, I got somethin' to say you Coach. You think you impressed anybody with what you did last week? You think havin' five of your boys soften me up, beat me down with a steel chair just so you could roll in and take all the glory. You think that impressed anybody?

Coach smiles, shouting "Yeah!" back at Cena...

John Cena: Well let me tell ya' somthin' Coach. One day, I promise you... it's gonna be you and me, one on one in this ring. May not be a match, may not even be legal, but I promise you Coach... one day I will stand opposite you, alone in this ring. And when I do... I'm gonna knock each and every one of your teeth straight down your throat.

The crowd cheers for the chilling message from the champ, while Coachman steals a page from Mr. McMahon, gulping hard before tugging nervously on the collar of his shirt...

John Cena: As for this Sunday at the Royal Rumble... Rob...

Cena now stares directly at Van Dam, who strokes his chin as Cena talks...

John Cena: You and me, we got some unfinished business to take care off. You challenged me two weeks ago, and when you did, you said I never back down from a challenge. You're right. I've never said no to a challenge in my life. I've never backed down from a fight, never have, never will. If it's a fight you want this Sunday Rob... you're gonna get one.

Pop from the crowd, while Van Dam merely nods back at Cena...

John Cena: I look at you RVD, and I think... you're the one who got away. That night in the Hammerstein Ballroom, I went toe to toe with you, I took all the abuse from your fans, I gave it everythin' I had, but I still came up short that night. I fought and I battled to get back the WWE Championship, and now I have it, I ain't givin' it up for NOBODY!

Pop as Cena gets serious...

John Cena: So this Sunday Rob, you bring everythin' you've got, but I promise you... next Monday night, I'm gonna walk down to this ring, and you and everybody else are gonna know one thing...

Cena hoists his title above his head...

John Cena: That the Champ... IS... HEEERRRREEEE!!!

And with that, Cena emphatically signs the contract before slamming the pen down on the desk and sliding it and the papers over to Van Dam...

Mr. McMahon: Alright, John Cena has signed on the dotted line. RVD, over to you.

Van Dam picks up the contract, flicking through the pages, nodding his head as he reads before placing the contract back on the table and picking up the mic...

Rob Van Dam: Y'know somethin' Cena? You're right. The last time you and me were in the ring together, I did have a lot of things in my favour. One Night Stand, the Hammerstein Ballroom, extreme rules, Paul Heyman makin' the three count. A lot of things went my way that night.

RVD pauses...

Rob Van Dam: But when everyone talks about your heart, your fire, your passion, your desire... that's somethin' you'll never hold over me.

Pop from the crowd, while Cena listens in intently...

Rob Van Dam: Y'see, to be where I am today, I had fight for everythin' I've got. I started off in a bingo hall in Philadelphia, and now I'm just six days away from facin' you at the Royal Rumble for the WWE Championship. You want to talk about passion and desire Cena? If you spent one second in an ECW locker room...

Van Dam quickly turns towards Vince...

Rob Van Dam: A REAL ECW locker room...

"E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB!"...

Rob Van Dam: You'd learn more about fire and passion and desire than you'll ever know Cena. I had to scratch and claw my way to the top, and last summer at One Night Stand when I beat you, I finally made it.

Another pop...

Rob Van Dam: Y'see Cena, I never had a guy like Vince McMahon behind me. I never had the corporate machine workin' in my favour, pushin' me to the top. I never got everythin' handed to me on a plate... like you did Cena.

Cena now angrily stares at RVD, clearly offended by that last comment...

Rob Van Dam: And this Sunday John...

Van Dam picks up the pen...

Rob Van Dam: When I beat you...

And signs the contract...

Rob Van Dam: You might learn what bein' passionate about this business really means.

Van Dam places the pen back on the desk, which prompts McMahon to lift the contract up off the table to take a glance at it...

Mr. McMahon: Well, that all seems in order. But y'know somethin' Van Dam... you made, a very interesting point there. Y'see, when you talk about John Cena having everything handed to him... there's a very good reason for that Van Dam. When you arrived here in the WWE, quite frankly RVD... I never saw anything special in you.

Boos...

Mr. McMahon: I mean look at ya'! You're nothin' special RVD, I mean... quite frankly Rob, I find you to be... boring.

Boos from the crowd while McMahon chuckles...

Mr. McMahon: I mean don't get me wrong, that whole human crash test dummy, extreme high flyin' style of yours, that was great... about ten years ago. Back in the old ECW, people loved to see that kinda stuff! But this is not ECW, and it never will be. This is my show, and these idiots in the crowd will like whatever I tell them to like.

More boos, while RVD can only shake his head. Cena has his cap pulled down low on his brow, but the camera is able to see the intense look in his eyes...

Mr. McMahon: Now John Cena... here's a guy I could make some money off of. I may not like you Cena, but I knew from the moment I hired you that you'd be good for business. I mean look at ya'! Well built, big, strappin' shoulders, handsome sunnova gun too! Remind you of anybody Coach?

Stood nearby, Coach nods his agreement...

Mr. McMahon: I gave you an opportunity Cena, and you took full advantage of it. You've won a lot of championships, you've made a lot of money along the way, heck, you've made me a lot of money along the way too! You were given those opportunities Cena, because like it or not... and I certainly don't like it... but like it or not, you and me have a lot in common. Hell, you might even go as far to say that John Cena... is... Mr. Mc-

John Cena: (Interrupting) NO!

Pop from the crowd for Cena's interruption...

John Cena: No! No no, no! Don't you dare go there Vinny Mac. Don't you dare ever compare me and you. I will never be anythin' like you. I am not some corporate champion, I will never take orders from you Vince. Yes, you did give me an opportunity Vince. You gave me a job, you let me in the door, but since that day, I have fought for everythin' I ever got, and I will fight for everythin' I'm ever gonna get in the future!

Pop...

John Cena: So you listen to me when I say this Vinny-

Jonathan Coachman: (Interrupting) No you listen to me Cena!

The crowd boos as Cena is left stunned as Coachman snatches the microphone clean out of his hand...

Jonathan Coachman: I'm gettin' pretty sick and tired of you runnin' your mouth, and I'm sure Mr. McMahon is sick and tired of it too!

More boos...

Jonathan Coachman: Y'know, you should be honoured to even be mentioned in the same breath as someone like Mr. McMahon! You know, you have no idea how lucky you are to be sat there right now Cena. If it wasn't for Mr. McMahon givin' you your big break all those years ago, and if it wasn't for Mr. McMahon havin' the patience of a saint to put up with your crap for all that time... you'd be nothin' more than a bum on a street corner back up in Boston.

Boos...

Jonathan Coachman: What's it gonna take Cena? What's it gonna take to get you to finally show some respect around here? Don't make me take off my jacket and give you a beating for the second week in a row!

"You sunnova bitch!"

Cena bounces up off his stool, flying across the desk to get his hands on Coachman! McMahon is sent flying backwards in his recliner, while Cena manages to get a piece of Coach, with both men dropping to the mat. Cena manages to get a few shots in on Coachman, but Coach somehow scrambles under the bottom rope to safety, before he bolts up the ramp. In the ring, McMahon flops around on the mat, barely able to free himself from the chair on top of him. Eventually McMahon makes it back to his knees, just as Cena stalks Coach by walking to the ropes nearest to the ramp. Cena shouts "C'mere!" up at Coachman as a flustered McMahon, still on his knees, grabs mic...

Mr. McMahon: You... you... you SUNNOVA BITCH CENA!!

McMahon grabs the ropes, pulling himself to his feet...

Mr. McMahon: You... you just made a BIG mistake Cena.

Although Vince stands behind him berating him, Cena continues to stare up the ramp at Coachman...

Mr. McMahon: Hey! Hey you look at me when I'm talkin' to you Goddammit!! I'm Vince McMahon dammit! Hey!

McMahon grabs Cena by the arm, spinning him around...

Mr. McMahon: I'm Vince McMahon dammit! You...

OH SHIT!!

Vince just SLAPPED CENA ACROSS THE FACE!!

Mr. McMahon: You show me the respect I deserve Goddammit!!

Slowly, Cena strokes his cheek, feeling the full effects of Vince's slap. Cena continues to slowly rub his chin...

Until...

"Screw it!"

Cena hoists McMahon up onto his shoulders... FU THROUGH THE TABLE!!!!

The crowd explodes as Cena plants McMahon!!

Jerry Lawler: Oh my God! Mr. McMahon! Mr. McMahon... are you alright?!

Jim Ross: John Cena! John Cena just put Mr. McMahon through a table!

Jerry Lawler: Oh my... we need some help out here!

Jim Ross: Hey, wait a second. What is Van Dam doing?

Never one to be outdone, RVD quick as cat springs up the top rope. The crowd rises in anticipation, as Van Dam settles himself, perched on the top rope until...

He launches himself...

FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH TO MCMAHON!!!

Jerry Lawler: No! I... I don't believe it! Are these two crazy?!

Jim Ross: What a huge five star frog splash! Mr. McMahon is down and out in the centre of the ring!!

Jerry Lawler: Yeah but, Cena and Van Dam... they've just committed career suicide!

Van Dam is back on his feet, clutching his ribs, turning to face Cena... who has the WWE Championship in his grasp. Cena and Van Dam go toe to toe, neither man giving an inch... before Cena raises the title high in the air...

Jim Ross: Oh what a night it's gonna be this Sunday! Cena, Van Dam, the WWE Championship! The Royal Rumble, it's gonna be one hell of a show folks! We'll see you this Sunday, live on pay per view! Goodnight!

Jerry Lawler: Poor Mr. McMahon...

In the ring, both Cena and RVD stare up at the biggest prize in the business, and that's the final iconic image we fade out on. The defiant champion and the determined challenger, both men standing tall as we fade... to... black.

*End Show*

Current Card for WWE Royal Rumble:
Date: January 28th 2007

WWE Championship Match:
WWE Champion John Cena vs. Rob Van Dam

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Finlay

Intercontinental Championship Match:
Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy vs. Kenny Dykstra

United States Championship Match:
United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. Test

30 Man Royal Rumble Match:
Winner has automatic title shot at EITHER brand’s Champion at Wrestlemania XXIII:
Entrants in Alphabetical order:

Bobby Lashley, Brian Kendrick, Carlito, Charlie Haas, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Masters, CM Punk, Edge, Gregory Helms, Joey Mercury, Johnny Nitro, Kane, King Booker, Lance Cade, Matt Hardy, Mr. Kennedy, Paul London, Randy Orton, Ric Flair, Sabu, Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin, The Miz, The Sandman, The Undertaker, Tommy Dreamer, Trevor Murdoch, Triple H, Umaga

Last edited by iMac : 09-01-2010 at 07:52 PM.
iMac is offline   Reply With Quote