Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WCW 2007: Don't Call It A Comeback...
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
TheLoneShark
Moron

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: WCW 2007: Don't Call It A Comeback...

My fault, minor brainfart - forgot that formatting doesn't carry!

Also, yes, it's a separate company.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 30th, 2006

Shane had struck out on his own and the planning for the WCW relaunch had begun. He’d used his contacts to get a deal to put Nitro on NBC from January first and assembled a decent office staff, but it was rapidly becoming clear that he was going to need help to run the place. On a wing and a prayer he jumped on a private jet and took a flight down to Cody, Wyoming where he eventually tracked down the man he was looking for, Eric Bischoff, at his favourite fishing spot.

“You couldn’t just call, Shane?”

“It’s too easy to say ‘no’ over the phone. I didn’t want to take any risks.”

Bischoff reached into his cooler and hands Shane a beer.

“So, let’s hear it, what’s the sales pitch.”

“What sales pitch?”

“Everyone in this business knows you’re relaunching WCW, it’s the worst-kept secret in wrestling right now.

“You’re right, Eric. My dad has banned me from picking up any contracted WWE talent but the thought occurs that, well, you aren’t contracted talent. You have the book deal... but no talent contract. And you’re the best man for the job I have in mind.”

“What job is that, Shane?”

“Executive producer of WCW.”

“No.”

“Look, Eric, you’ve done the job before. You built the WCW name in that position and, together, we can be a great team. I’ll handle the business side, you handle everything on television.”

"Everything?"

“Everything. Minimal interference from me.”

“Let’s assume I agree. What have you got in place so far? What does the company infrastructure look like?”

“I’ve set up an office out in Los Angeles, so we’ll be a west coast promotion this time out. The rings, trucks, sets, all the TV equipment is on order but if you take the job, you should feel free to approve all of that and make any changes you see fit.”

“Talent?”

“None. I mean, I‘m at your disposal and you should feel free to bring in a friend or two, but otherwise I’m thinking we look at the guys my dad’s company has released over the last few years and give them a second chance to shine.”

“And who’s booking this thing? I mean, I don’t want to book. Cornette and Heyman, the best guys for the job, are tied to your dad’s company. So are Flair and Rhodes. Bill Watts is bat shit crazy. There’s nobody out there to hold the book.”

“We’ll figure it out, Eric. It’s not a big deal. I take it this means you’re in?”

“I guess I am. I just hope I don’t regret it.”

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome