Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WCW 2007: Don't Call It A Comeback...

View Single Post

Old 08-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheLoneShark
Moron

TheLoneShark 7501 - 8000TheLoneShark 7501 - 8000TheLoneShark 7501 - 8000TheLoneShark 7501 - 8000TheLoneShark 7501 - 8000TheLoneShark 7501 - 8000TheLoneShark 7501 - 8000TheLoneShark 7501 - 8000TheLoneShark 7501 - 8000TheLoneShark 7501 - 8000TheLoneShark 7501 - 8000
Default WCW 2007: Don't Call It A Comeback...

My last thread ended fucken ages ago, it's not even worth me linking to it. If you want to look, I promise you it's well over thirty days because I've barely logged on since May.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greenwich, CT - November 23rd, 2006

It’s Thanksgiving at the McMahon mansion and the entire family is there for the holidays: Vince, Linda, Shane, Stephanie, Hunter, Marissa and the grandchildren all make for the perfect family portrait- rich, successful and happy. Or at least, they are on the surface.

After the meal, a lavish affair prepared by Vince’s own personal chef, the whole family retires to the lounge to enjoy some wine, more conversation and to watch the youngsters have fun. Suddenly, this peaceful scene is broken when Shane, who seems to have been lost in contemplation, finally decides to speak his mind.

“Mom, Dad, Steph… everyone, really. I’ve been thinking some things through recently and I’ve got an idea I want to run past you all.”

There is a pregnant pause, the room falling silent at the severity of Shane’s tone.

“Dad, I know you always said you wanted me to learn to run the company but, well, I don’t feel as though have that experience yet. As I get older, I can’t help noticing that more and more of the responsibility for running the company is going to Steph and Hunter and, well, I guess I’m fine with that. But I’ve also started to get frustrated with how the company is running.”

“How do you mean, son?” the elder McMahon asked, concerned.

“Dad, it seems like we’re banging our heads against a wall. The best thing we’ve done for business this year is the ECW relaunch, but that doesn’t change the fact that Raw and Smackdown have dropped in quality over the past year and I think I know what the problem is.”

“Problem?”

“Yeah. I think we’re suffering from a lack of competition. Creative have got lazy, they aren’t working as hard as they used to, as hard as you expect them to. They need competition to inspire them. I’ve been looking at Jeff’s company down in Florida and it’s obvious that they’re never going to fill that gap. The brand split didn’t do it, either, because people saw right through it. We couldn’t create our own competition that way.”

“So what do you want to do about it?”

“I’d like to ask your permission to strike out on my own and relaunch WCW completely independently of the WWE.”

“Absolutely not.”

“Dad, I know that’s just an emotional response. This’ll be good for you, good for the company and good for business. Plus, I get to rebuild the company from the ground up, do things my own way and learn the trade the way you always wanted me to.”

“And if I give permission, when would you want to do the relaunch?”

“In the new year. I want to get Nitro on the air on January 1st.”

“Okay, you have my blessing. But you’re not to take any WWE-contracted talent with you. I’m serious, you take so much as a member of the ring crew, I’ll pull the plug.”

“Thanks, Dad.”

Last edited by TheLoneShark : 08-18-2010 at 03:50 PM.
TheLoneShark is offline   Reply With Quote