Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #1055 (permalink)
RatedRudy
Little Poppa Pump

RatedRudy RatedRudy RatedRudy RatedRudy RatedRudy RatedRudy RatedRudy RatedRudy
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
Carbs don't build muscle, protein does. Carbs are used as energy. All these sports drinks you buy like Powerade, Gatorade etc are carb based. The only time I incresemy carb intake is in my post workout shake, I add about 50-60g of dextrose (natural sugar) to help the delivery of the protein where it's needed. Dextrose is a key ingredient in a lot of bodybuiling supplements, especialy protein powers and creatine. Thing is it's a very cheap product to buy. In Australia it's less than $5 for 500g. A lot of your "weight gain" powders will have dextrose in them, as do creatine supps to help the uptake through your body.
I'm trying to find the ad for a Muscle Tech creatine where they advertise the fact it's full of dextrose to help the creatine. You're better off buy raw creatine and adding a scoop of dextrose yourself than buying their prodcut. Same with protein powders, buy a low carb protein, have it during the day and add a scoop of dextrose to your pre and post workout shakes.
o ok cool, so i would still build muscle if i eat 0 carbs then? how many carbs do u eat a day?

CHRISTIAN: "THERE'S 3 WAYS IN THIS LIFE TO OBTAIN GREATNESS.... SOME ACHIEVE GREATNESS... SOME HAVE GREATNESS THRUST UPON THEM... AND THERE'S A SELECT FEW THAT WERE BORN GREAT......... YOU SEE... I...AM ONE OF THOSE SELECT FEW"

"IAM GONNA GO AHEAD AND ACCEPT THE AWARD ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, I'LL LIKE TO THANK JESUS, THE ACADEMY,...... ILL LIKE TO THANK TEAM JACOB,..... AND ILL LIKE THANK EVERYONE'S FAVORITE PLACE PUERTO RICO, .. AND MOST OF ALL, ILL LIKE TO THANK ..............ME CARLITO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH"

MICHAEL COLE: WHAT A BUFFOON
RatedRudy is offline   Reply With Quote