Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread
View Single Post
post #1054 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Rajah
The Nature Boy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedRudy View Post
does anyone know how important carbs are to build muscle? i heard different things from 1.7grams of carbs per bodyweight up to 4 grams of carbs per bodyweight lb. i'am 150 pounds and i'am taking around like 260 carbs a day. not sure if i need to up it. also anyone know about macro ratios, i heard 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fat, and others who say 50% carbs, 30% protien, 20% fat, not sure which is the best one.
Carbs don't build muscle, protein does. Carbs are used as energy. All these sports drinks you buy like Powerade, Gatorade etc are carb based. The only time I incresemy carb intake is in my post workout shake, I add about 50-60g of dextrose (natural sugar) to help the delivery of the protein where it's needed. Dextrose is a key ingredient in a lot of bodybuiling supplements, especialy protein powers and creatine. Thing is it's a very cheap product to buy. In Australia it's less than $5 for 500g. A lot of your "weight gain" powders will have dextrose in them, as do creatine supps to help the uptake through your body.
I'm trying to find the ad for a Muscle Tech creatine where they advertise the fact it's full of dextrose to help the creatine. You're better off buy raw creatine and adding a scoop of dextrose yourself than buying their prodcut. Same with protein powders, buy a low carb protein, have it during the day and add a scoop of dextrose to your pre and post workout shakes.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome