Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread
View Single Post
post #1045 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 12:25 AM
XABI ALONSO'S WINNING CHRISTMAS SMILE
Turn Out The Lights

XABI ALONSO'S WINNING CHRISTMAS SMILE's Avatar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedRudy View Post
i been going to the gym for the past month or so two, i already got my bench press up by 10 more pounds, my goal is 225 bench by next year, btw, anyone know if the assisted machine pull up machine is bad, does anyone use that?
There are pros and cons with any machines you use in the gym, primarily because they generally focus on single joints and don't cover a range of muscle groups. Cable machines and the like are handy as they also train the postural and synergist muscle groups that combine when doing an activity. When doing resistance training make sure you're aware of the functional aspect of it. Just b/c someone can bicep curl a huge amount means nothing, how often do you do a pure flexion at the elbow in everyday life? (and how often does the movement require a large amount of strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteshot74 View Post
Chicks and fat guys...I have never used it, found it to be useless. If you got close to a 200 pound bench you should be able to do pull ups with out assistance from a machine anyways.
Its useful if you're just new to lifting and are easing yourself into it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome