Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE: The Evolution Of Greed

View Single Post

Old 07-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
iMac
Step Up And Play...

iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000
Default Re: WWE: The Evolution Of Greed

~Friday Night Smackdown~
January 12th, 2007
Peoria, Illinois

"I'm just gonna down to that ring... and I'm gonna start crackin' skulls."

We start the show with a video package highlighting last weekís main event, the fatal four way match to determine who will face Batista at the Royal Rumble. After a long battle, which sees The Undertaker chokeslam King Booker through the announce desk, Kane looks primed for victory, only for The Little Bastard to get involved, distracting Kane long enough for Finlay to grab the shillelagh and smash his way to a World Heavyweight Championship opportunity.

There is no opening video or pyro though, as...

*SLICED BREAD...*

It's a nice pop from the crowd as the WWE Tag Team Champions Brian Kendrick and Paul London race down the aisle, with Ashley Massaro not far behind...

Michael Cole: This is Friday Night Smackdown and there you see the most exciting tag team in the WWE today! Welcome to show everybody, I am Michael Cole, my broadcast partner is JBL, and we are kicking things off with the WWE Tag Team Championships on the line, just over two weeks away from the Royal Rumble!!

John Bradshaw Layfield: And this is gonna be nothin' but a battle between these two teams. The Hooligans and The Bluebloods, a lot of bad blood has been spilled between them over the last few weeks, and tonight they're gonna settle it once and for all.

Michael Cole: Tonight promises to be quite the show folks. Not only are the tag titles on the line, but the World Heavyweight Champion Batista teams up with Kane to square off against the man who will face Batista at the Royal Rumble, Finlay, and the man who last week declared himself the favourite to win the Royal Rumble match, Mr. Kennedy.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Finlay took on THREE former World Champions last week to grab his shot at Batista. I'm tellin' ya' Michael, Batista ain't gonna know what's hit 'im now those Irish eyes are set on Gold!

In the ring, London and Kendrick have done their usual back flip off the top rope, and after Ashley removes the masks from their faces, they hand their titles to the ref as...

*VILLAIN...*

The crowd respond with a barrage of boos as William Regal and Dave Taylor confidently make their way down to the ring...

Michael Cole: Regal and Taylor have been chasing the tag titles for just over a month now, and each time they've came up short.

John Bradshaw Layfield: But tonight, there's no ladders, there's no gimmicks. This is gonna be nothin' but an old fashioned brawl, and we're gonna have new champions when it's over, mark my words Cole.

Match 1: WWE Tag Team Championships Match
WWE Tag Team Champions The Hooligans w/ Ashley Massaro vs. The Bluebloods

We start the match with Kendrick and Taylor in the ring, with the difference in style between the two evident for all to see. Kendrick utilises his speed advantage to gain the better of the early goings, with Kendrick nailing a string of dropkicks to continually knock Taylor down. The champions now swap takes, with both men working on the left arm of Taylor, including Kendrick wrenching on the arm while London jumps off the top rope with a double axe handle. London continues to target the arm, but as he winds it up, Taylor grabs a handful of hair and is able to force London off the ropes... but London ducks a clothesline... only for Regal to nail a knee to the spine from the apron. London turns to swing at Regal, but the wily veteran jumps down to the floor to avoid it, and the distraction is all Taylor needs to clip London from behind, taking him down with a chop block.

Regal quickly tags in, and the veteran bruisers go to work on the left knee of London, with Cole and JBL quick to make the point that by focusing on the knee Regal and Taylor are taking away Londonís strength, namely his fast paced offense. Regal and Taylor now control the match, keeping London trapped in their half of the ring, with Taylor using more of a bruising style to do damage while Regal relies of his technical repertoire to wear London down. Taylor rattles off a series of uppercuts, knees to the gut and short arm clothesline, whereas Regal goes for submission style holds such as the Boston crab and a surfboard to punish London.

London continues to hang in there, and even mounts a brief comeback, nailing a few right hands out of desperation before locking Regal in a headlock, only for Regal to send London off the ropes... London ducks a clothesline... but he doesnít duck a knee to the gut that sends London crashing to the ground. Now Regal readies himself in the corner, poised to strike, as he charges for the knee trembler... but London ducks underneath... and dives to the corner to tag in Kendrick! Kendrick explodes into the ring, knocking down both challengers with clotheslines before going for an Irish whip... Regal reverses but ducks his head... Kendrick nails a tornado DDT!! 1... 2... Taylor scrambles to make the save.

The match now descends into chaos, as London flies at Taylor, and soon all four men are trading rights and lefts, with the champions having the upper hand. Taylor is near the ropes when London charges with a running crossbody, which takes both men over the top rope to the floor. Regal and Kendrick are left in the ring, with Kendrick looking to put Regal away, as he hooks him up and runs for the corner... sliced bread... no! Regal pushes Kendrick chest first into the turnbuckle... and then nails the Regal-plex!! 1... 2... London makes the save! Paul London flies across the ring to break it up, and now heís toe-to-toe with Regal swinging with rights before looking to send Regal off the ropes... but again Regal reverses... only for London to duck a clothesline and go for a kick... but Regal catches the foot... enzuigiri!! Regal slumps to the mat near the corner, and London climbs to the top rope, steadies himself... before nailing the 450 SPLASH!! London quickly hooks a leg... 1... 2... Kendrick cuts Taylor off... 3!!

Winners: And still WWE Tag Team Champions, The Hooligans @ 09.12

The crowd erupts as London and Kendrick once again retain their titles, keeping their record breaking reign alive. Ashley is quickly into the ring to celebrate with the pair, and we fade to commercial with Kendrick and London clutching their gold tightly.

*Commercial*

When we return from commercial, Kristal Marshall is standing by on the interview set...

Kristal Marshall: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown! And now, please welcome the newest member of the Smackdown roster... The Impact Player... Test!!

Boos from inside the arena as Test enters the shot, dressed to compete, wearing a t-shirt that says "Impact Player" on it. Test cuts a fierce look as he stares down at Kristal...

Kristal Marshall: Test, last week you made a shocking debut here on Smackdown, storming through the crowd and then assaulting the United States Champion Chris Benoit. What was your motive behind that attack?

Test: My motive? You see what it says on this t-shirt?

Kristal nods...

Test: Well that's the only motive I need. I kicked Chris Benoit's ass last week for one simple reason... to make an impact. This isn't personal Benoit... this is strictly business. You just happened to be in the wrong place... at the wrong time.

Test smirks as he places a hand on Kristal's shoulder, much to the interviewer's disgust...

Test: You see toots, I'm not here to make friends and I'm not here to sit in the shadows. I want what I deserve, and that's...

Suddenly Kristal screams as a man is seen tackling Test to the ground... it's Chris Benoit!! Benoit lays into Test with a flurry of fists, as the pair brawl, bringing the interview set crashing to the ground. Neither man is able to get in any decent shots, as a posse of agents and referees drag the pair apart, with neither man wanting the impromptu fight to end. Eventually both men are dragged kicking and screaming away from each other, leaving the camera focused on the shocked Marshall as we cut to another part of the backstage area.

It is infact the locker room we go to, where Brian Kendrick and Paul London sit on chairs, recovering from their match against Regal and Taylor...

Paul London: (Wincing) Man my neck is killing me.

Brian Kendrick: Dude, my whole body hurts. But hey... we got 'em man. We showed Regal and Taylor we can fight as good as any team out there!

Paul London: Yeah man!

As the pair slouch back in their chairs, a set of footsteps can be heard approaching. With the camera focused on London and Kendrick still in their seats, all that can be seen is a pair of long, tanned legs walking into the shot. A well manicured hand lands on a shoulder of each man, and as London and Kendrick turn their gaze upwards, the camera slowly follows... to reveal Maryse. The vixen who we met last week smiles a devilish grin, before crouching down, bringing her head level with London and Kendrick's...

Maryse: Well well, bravo once again Hooligans.

London and Kendrick immediately recognise the stunning blonde stood before them, with her French accent as captivating as ever...

Maryse: Ze two of you... you certainly know how to make a good first impression, oui?

Mesmerised, Kendrick can only offer a goofy grin, leaving London to ask the questions...

Paul London: Listen, uh... Maryse, wasn't it?

Maryse: Oui.

Paul London: Maryse, we appreciate the weekly vote of confidence but uh... what do you want with us?

Maryse smirks, before flicking her hair back and offering a brief laugh...

Maryse: What do I want? I want ze titles around your waists. You see... zis Ashley girl you have with you... she is no good for you.

Maryse now turns to whisper in London's ear...

Maryse: But I... I can be very... very...

And now to Kendrick's ear...

Maryse: Good for you Hooligans.

Maryse now runs a finger under Kendrick's chin, with Brian still in a daze. At this point, Ashley is heard approaching...

Ashley Massaro: Guys I just got the...

Ashley stops in her tracks, a look of sheer disgust as she sees Maryse bent over next to her team...

Ashley Massaro: What is she doing here?

Maryse laughs, standing up from London and Kendrick's level to go eye to eye with Ashley...

Maryse: Tu es si laid. Vous souhaitez vous pouvez aussi bon ťtat que moi.

Ashley Massaro: Listen, I don't know what you're saying... but you better stop it. Right now!

Again Maryse laughs, before flicking a palm in Ashley's face and turning back to London and Kendrick...

Maryse: Au revoir boys. I shall see you next week... hopefully we won't be... interrupted next time. Oui?

Maryse sexily shimmies her way out of the locker room, leaving the camera focused on a furious looking Ashley as we cut into the arena.

To the sound of silence, until...

*THIS IS A TEST (EXTREME REMIX)...*

Boos from the crowd as the seriously pissed off looking Test steps out, still smarting from his pull apart brawl with Chris Benoit moments ago...

Michael Cole: Well folks, there is the man who shocked us all by running through the crowd last week and quite simply destroying the United States Champion Chris Benoit.

John Bradshaw Layfield: You say shocking, I say brilliant Michael. Test made a HUGE statement last week. He stepped into that ring and took the fight to Chris Benoit like few men have ever done before. I loved it, and I wanna see more of that this week.

*HARD AS STONE...*

It's a decent response from the crowd as Smackdown's resident cross-dresser Big Vito emerges...

Michael Cole: Vito was on a big time undefeated streak that only ended a few weeks ago, and he put it down to...

John Bradshaw Layfield: (Interrupting) To him wearing a DRESS! This guy is the biggest embarrassment I have ever seen. It sickens me that Teddy Long allows this guy to walk around dressed like that on Smackdown.

Michael Cole: Why? Vito's not hurting anybody, he's just being comfortable. I don't see anything wrong with that.

John Bradshaw Layfield: He's a 250lbs bald Italian guy in a DRESS!! EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT!! How can you not see that Cole?

Match 2:
Big Vito
vs. Test

A battle of the big men, Test is quick to assert his dominance over Vito, with the Impact player shaking off the earlier brawl with Chris Benoit. Test starts the match in dominant fashion, beating Vito the punch early and often, with Test connecting with a string of hard forearms to the back and stiff knees to the gut. In the corner, Test continues to dish out punishment, clubbing Vito on the head with elbows and firing more knees to the midsection. When Test whips Vito across the ring, Vito is finally able to get some offense in, catching Test with a boot and following with a hard clothesline. Vitoís offense is brief though, as after a few right hands, Test reverses an Irish whip, catching Vito with a sidewalk slam. Test goes to work, hammering Vito with a succession of power moves, snapping off a pumphandle slam and following with a string of backbreakers. Test looks posed for victory, only for Vito to make one last effort at a comeback, hitting a series of rights before coming off the ropes for a swinging neckbreaker. Vito then looks for a double-arm DDT, only for Test to counter with a back body drop and then a huge boot to the face. This gives Test all the time he needs to drag Vito to his feet, before finishing him off with a gutwrench powerbomb for the 3 count.

Winner: Test @ 04.35

Test is quickly back on his feet, intimidating the ref as he tries to raise the big guy's arm. Test soon leaves the ring, trading insults with the crowd who boo his every step up the aisle...

*Commercial*

*Video Package*

Narrator: Every year, 30 men chase a dream...

Shots of historical Royal Rumble moments, starting with Shawn Michaels dumping The British Bulldog over the top rope and then collapsing to his knees in victory...

Narrator: 30 men who seek fight for greatness...

Triple H returning in 2002 and last eliminating Kurt Angle before celebrating in the ring...

Narrator: 30 men who strive for their spot...

Quick-fire shots of 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin's three Rumble wins, 1997, 1998 and 2001...

Narrator: In the annals of time.

We now see stadium-wide shots of past Wrestlemania's, with the flashing lights and pyro displays of yesteryear...

Narrator: They crave immortality...

We now see shots from last year's Royal Rumble, starting with Shane McMahon eliminating Shawn Michaels...

Narrator: They strive for prominence...

The iconic image of Rey Mysterio headscissoring Randy Orton over the top rope to claim victory...

Narrator: But only one...

Rapid-fire images of eliminations, with bodies crashing to the floor as the pace of the video quickens...

Narrator: Will fulfil their destiny.

"WWE ROYAL RUMBLE - JANUARY 28TH - LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW!"

*End Video Package*

Elsewhere, Smackdown General Manager Teddy Long is in his office, when just like last week, the Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms barges in...

Teddy Long: Hey, hey, now you listen to me Helms. You can't-

Gregory Helms: (Interrupting) No, YOU listen to me Teddy! You think you're funny Teddy? You think stickin' me in that match wit' Batista last week was funny?

Long laughs, nodding his head as he does...

Gregory Helms: Dammit Teddy! I'm Gregory Helms! I'm the Cruiserweight Champion! I deserve more respect than you're showin' me right now.

Teddy Long: Listen playa, you stormed into my office last week, and you asked for competition. Right?

Helms nods, sarcastically mouthing "Yeah"...

Teddy Long: Well, that's exactly whatcha' got playa. Ya' got the biggest competition we got here on Smackdown. Ya' got The Animal, Batista!

Pop from inside the arena for the World Heavyweight Champion...

Gregory Helms: Dammit Teddy, you know that's not what I meant! I meant a challenge from a Cruiserweight. Not the World Heavyweight Champion.

Teddy Long: Alright playa, alright. I hear whatcha' sayin'. That's why I gotcha' a new challenge this week.

Gregory Helms: Ya' did? Who?

Teddy Long: A guy I just signed from ECW... a guy you know pretty well... Shannon Moore!

There's a small pop from inside the arena, while Helms sneers at the thought of taking on Moore tonight...

Teddy Long: And your match... is up next!

Gregory Helms: What?!

Teddy Long: So you better get outta my office and get down to that ring playa.

Enraged, Helms glares at Long before turning and leaving the office, leaving Teddy for the second week in a row pleased at how his confrontation with Helms has ended.

Elsewhere, Big Vito is seen staggering down a corridor backstage, his arms wrapped round his midsection, clutching at his ribs and still hurting from the beat down layed upon him by Test. Slowly, Vito makes his way down the corridor, walking through the shadows of the dimly lit arena... until he stops and stares. Almost in disbelief, Vito rubs his eyes...

Big Vito: What are you doin' here?

Finally the camera pans to reveal who Vito is starring at, and slowly a woman emerges from the shadows... it's The Full Bodied Italian Trinity! Wearing a revealing outfit, Trinity confidently strides towards Vito...

Trinity: Hey Vito. Listen, uh... I was just wonderin'... what's the deal with the dress?

Vito shows no shame what so ever, but before he can answer...

Two men jump Vito from behind!! One of the men holds a rag infront of Vito's face, while the other man jumps on Vito's back. Despite his struggles, Vito quickly fades and falls to the ground. The camera now moves to focus on the two men, and through the shadows the faces of Nunzio and Tony Mamaluke can be seen...

Trinity: Alright, alright that's enough. C'mon, let's put him in the trunk.

With Nunzio grabbing Vito's legs and Mamaluke supporting his upper body, the two struggle to carry Vito down the corridor...

Nunzio: Hey... where we takin' 'dis fruitball anyway?

Trinity: We takin' 'im to The Compound. The Godfather would like a word with 'im.

The camera takes one last look at the face of the now unconscious Vito, as Nunzio and Mamaluke carry him into the darkness, a smiling Trinity following behind as we cut back into the arena for...

"LISTEN..."

*IT'S TIME*

Boos ring out around the arena as the Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms angrily makes his way to the ring for his match...

Michael Cole: It has been a wild night thus far ladies and gentlemen... but I don't think I've seen anything like that. Was Vito just the victim of a Mafia kidnapping?

John Bradshaw Layfield: A Mafia kidnapping? What the hell do you think this is Michael? We're not back in the old country here son! I didn't just step off the boat at Ellis Island! This is the WWE, Mafia kidnapping's don't just randomly happen around here.

Michael Cole: Well then how do you explain what just happened?

John Bradshaw Layfield: I... I... I don't have to explain it to the likes of you, but I guarantee it had somethin' to do with Vito wearing a dress! Mark my words!

Michael Cole: God this is gettin' ridiculous.

John Bradshaw Layfield: You're style of commentating? You're right, it is ridiculous.

Cole (wisely) gives up the argument, and as Helms removes the Cruiserweight Title from his waist and hands it to the referee, we have a moment of silence from the announce desk until...

*I'LL DO ANYTHING...*

It's a decent pop from the crowd as the new arrival to the Cruiserweight division, Shannon Moore quickly races down to the ring...

Michael Cole: Well here comes another former member of the ECW roster, the newest recruit to the Cruiserweight division here on Smackdown.

John Bradshaw Layfield: And tell me Michael how is this fair? How is it fair for Teddy Long to just spring this match on Helms like that? Y'see this is why Teddy Long is not fit to be our General Manager. He is the most biased, unfair man I have ever met in my life.

Michael Cole: Y'know one of these days all this stuff you're sayin' about Teddy Long could come back to haunt you.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Yeah and one of these days you might be considered a credible announcer.

Match 3: Non Title Match
Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms vs. Shannon Moore

The early goings of the match sees Moore take advantage of the sudden announcement of the match, catching Helms off guard on several occasions with quick armdrags and drop toe holds, keeping Helms off balance. Moore keeps the pace fast, connecting with a back body drop and following with a dropkick that sends Helms rolling under the bottom rope to the outside. Helms, enraged at the way the match has started, takes his frustration out on the steel steps, kicking them and then slamming his fist off the apron. Moore doesnít give Helms a chance to compose himself though, as he quickly runs the ropes and connects with a suicide dive through the ropes, taking Helms down again before rolling him back into the ring for a 2 count. Helms is up quickly to drive an elbow to Mooreís back, and now the Champion looks to take control, nailing a series of forearms and kicks, as well as scoring a near fall from a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Helms now looks to slow the pace of the match down, going for a more ground and pound attack, taking away the quickness and high flying of Mooreís assault, a tactic that Cole and JBL are quick to point out has been very successful for Helms during his year long reign. Helms dominates most of the match, coming close to putting Moore away. Moore shows great guts to hang in there, but Helms has Moore down and he climbs to the top rope... super splash connects! Thatís gotta be it... 1... 2... no! Moore hangs on after a long two count, leaving the Champion exasperated at what it will take to put Moore away. Helms now steadies himself, waiting what feels like an eternity for the tired Moore to drag himself to a knee. Moore makes it... and Helms makes his move... shinning wizard... no!! Moore ducks underneath, and he quickly catches Helms in with a rollup... 1... 2... 3!!

Winner: Shannon Moore @ 06.23

It's a nice response from the crowd as Moore somehow hangs in there to pull off the upset win. Helms is stunned at the outcome, amazed at how he got caught by Moore, with The Reject all smiles as the ref holds his hand high in the air. Moore is quick to roll out of the ring, but as he backs up the ramp, he keeps his eyes locked with the seething Champion, with Moore tapping his head to motion he outsmarted Helms. The camera focuses on Helms as he throws a fit in the ring, and we fade to commercial switching between the smiling Moore and the furious Helms.

*Commercial*

We return from commercial to the sound of...

*PAPARAZZI...*

That's right, it's back to back matches as Joey Mercury makes his entrance to a chorus of boos from the crowd...

Michael Cole: There's the man who last week, after losing a hard fought matchup to Matt Hardy, viciously cracked a steel chair across Hardy's skull. It was a sickening attack folks that-

John Bradshaw Layfield: (Interrupting) No what was sickening was the injury Joey Mercury suffered at Armageddon at the hands of Matt Hardy. 20 stitches, countless hours of plastic surgery, horrific injuries that Joey has battled to overcome. If you ask me, Matt Hardy got EXACTLY what was comin' to him.

Michael Cole: There's no way Matt Hardy deserved to be left laying in a pool of his own blood last week.

John Bradshaw Layfield: He got what he deserved. Infact, I hope Matt Hardy doesn't make it anywhere near the Royal Rumble. For the damage he's done to Joey Mercury, he doesn't deserve a shot at main eventing Wrestlemania.

Match 4: Non Title Match
United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. Joey Mercury

With both men having a certain vicious streak inside them, itís no surprise that the early stages of this match see a series of hard shots being traded, with Mercury connecting on with a pair of stiff elbows to the face, only for Benoit to grab Mercury and toss him into the corner to unload with a series of chops across the chest. The hard hitting continues, as Benoit connects with a snap suplex for a 2 count, but when he sends Mercury off the ropes, Benoit ducks, allowing Mercury to take control after a swinging neckbreaker. Indeed Mercury begins to focus his attack on the neck area, with Cole quick to remind us of Benoitís previous neck surgeries.

A more conventional neckbreaker and a Russian legsweep continue to do damage, and Mercury gets a long 2 count from a bridging northern lights suplex. Mercury then climbs to the second rope, but when he misses a legdrop, Benoit mounts a recovery, again unloading with chops before rattling off three straight German suplexes for along 2 count of his own. Mercury is dazed, but he soon puts a stop to Benoitís comeback, as when Benoit goes for a straight suplex Mercury lands on his feet... and nails Benoit with a sick jumping enzuigiri to the back of the head! Benoit slumps to the mat, and Mercury quickly goes for the cover... 1... 2... Benoit rolls a shoulder, to the cheers of the crowd but to the exasperation of Mercury.

Mercury soldiers on though, connecting with a few rights before sending Benoit crashing into the corner with a hard Irish whip. Benoit crumples to the mat, his neck connecting with the top turnbuckle, but Mercury doesnít let up, slowly dragging Benoit to his feet before hoisting him up on to the top turnbuckle. A few rights buy Mercury the time to climb up alongside Benoit, and it appears like Mercury is going to go for a frankensteiner... but Benoit pushes Mercury to the mat! Mercury crashes hard, and now itís Benoit who climbs, standing on the top turnbuckle, poised, ready to fly... diving headbutt... NO! Mercury rolls out of harmís way, which sees Benoit crashing into the mat. The United States Champion cries out in pain, instantly gripping the back of his neck, while Mercury uses the ropes to pull himself to his feet. Mercury stares down at Benoit, sensing victory is his, as he slowly peels Benoit off the canvas, struggling to support the prone champion, but doing enough to hook Benoitís arms... double underhook DDT... NO! Benoit struggles for a counter, grabbing an arm, twisting and forcing Mercury to the mat... and [B}locking on the CRIPPLER CROSSFACE!![/b] Now itís Mercury who cries in agony, straining, stretching for the ropes, but Benoit had it locked in tight in the middle of the ring... and Mercury taps! Mercury taps out!

Winner: Chris Benoit @ 10.13

An exhausted Benoit finally releases his grip of the crossface, as for the second week in a row Mercury puts up a great effort but comes up short. Benoit rolls off of Mercury, before rising to his feet and being presented with his title and having his hand raised in the air. Benoit slowly makes his way up the ramp, selling the effects of Mercury's attacks during the match, continually grabbing at his neck. The United States Champion makes it to the mouth of the entrance way, stopping under the famous Smackdown fist to hoist his title high in the air to another good pop from the crowd... when from behind he's struck by a clubbing forearm to the back of the head... from Test!! Benoit goes crashing to the floor, and Test pounces on top of him, laying in with a flurry of well placed right hands to the head. A series of boots follow from the impact player, and after momentarily pausing to soak up the boos of the crowd, Test drags Benoit to his feet... and then plants him with a gutwrench powerbomb on the floor!! The crowd is stunned as the camera zooms in on the prone Benoit, who cries out in pain. Test flashes a sick smile, before for the second week in a row he picks up the United States Championship and stands over Benoit. The camera continues to switch between the anguish of Benoit and the sick satisfaction of Test, all the while a barrage of boos ring out as we fade to commercial.

*Commercial*

When we return, Josh Matthews is standing by...

Josh Matthews: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time, he is the World Heavyweight Champion... The Animal... Batista!

A great pop can rings out as Batista steps into the shot, briefly nodding at Matthews and adjusting the Championship that is slung over his shoulder...

Josh Matthews: Batista, it was last week when we found out that at the Royal Rumble you will defend your World Heavyweight Championship against Finlay. Batista, after watching Finlay prevail in the fatal four way match last week, what are your thoughts on the latest challenger to your title?

The champion pauses for a moment, again adjusting his title before finally speaking...

Batista: What are my thoughts on Finlay?

The Animal again pauses, prompting Matthews to nod his head...

Batista: Hell, what can I say that hasn't been said before about 'im? Finlay is one tough son of a bitch. But y'know, me and Finlay... we got a bit of history together. We've had some battles in the past... but never for MY World Heavyweight Championship.

Batista pauses, prompting a slight pop from the crowd...

Batista: So Finlay, at the Royal Rumble... you better bring everything you've got.

The Animal now stares straight down the lens, a more intense feel to his voice...

Batista: Bring the fight, bring your shillelagh, hell, bring that damn leprechaun too! But you better understand this Finlay... I'm ready for ANYTHING you can throw at me.

Pop...

Batista: You may be the Belfast Brawler... but I'm The Animal... and guess what Finlay?

Again Batista pauses, briefly looking at Matthews before smiling and turning back to the camera...

Batista: I love to fight too!!

Once more the crowd responds positively, while Batista turns and walks out of the shot, leaving Matthews behind, who puffs out his cheeks and mouths "Wow" at the intensity of The Animal.

We quickly cut to another part of the arena, this time returning to the General Manager's office where Teddy Long is talking on a cell phone, as we join him mid-conversation...

Teddy Long: Uh-huh... that's right playa... well, he wants competition, so that's what he's gonna get... alright, I like that... you got a number for this playa?

Long fumbles around his desk, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen...

Teddy Long: Uh-huh... alright...

Knock at the door...

"Come in!"

The camera stays focused on Long, still writing on his piece of paper. Eventually, Long glances up, smiling at what he sees...

Teddy Long: Hey, listen playa, I gotta go. I appreciate yo' help though... trust me playa, I'll be givin' him a call... alright, later man.

Long folds shut his cell and places it on his desk, before rising to his feet and stepping around from behind his desk to greet his visitors...

Teddy Long: Playas... welcome to Smackdown!

The camera pans to reveal ECW Legends Tommy Dreamer, Sabu and The Sandman, with the crowd giving the trio a warm reception. Long shakes hands with all three men, with The Sandman even thrusting a beer can Long's way...

Teddy Long: Uh... no, not on the job playa.

The Sandman: (Shrugging) Suit yourself.

Never one to let good beer go to waste, Sandman promptly downs the can infront of Long, who is visibly flustered at Sandman's actions...

Teddy Long: Listen playas, it's great to have ya' here on Smackdown, but uh... I think we gotta lay down a few ground rules, ya' hear?

Tommy Dreamer: Like what?

Teddy Long: Well first off, no getting drunk during a show.

The Sandman: (Burps) Too late for that.

Long shrugs and smiles, while Dreamer merely nods his head...

Teddy Long: Well uh... maybe rules ain't yo' bag. But listen, I wanna thank the three of you for comin' here to Smackdown. And y'know somethin' else? I wannna see the three of you goin' out there and causin' some chaos 'round here. I wanna see you three shake things up 'round here, ya dig?

Tommy Dreamer: Hey, Teddy... you don't gotta worry about that. Chaos and violence... that's what we do.

Teddy Long: Alright, I like the sound of that playas. I can't wait to see it.

Dreamer motions to his colleagues to leave the room, with Sabu and Long exchanging nods, while Sandman somehow manages to stagger his way out the door, before the camera cuts back to the announce table...

Michael Cole: It's been a crazy night here on Smackdown, and it could be about to get even crazier! Tommy Dreamer, Sabu and The Sandman are now all members of the Smackdown roster.

John Bradshaw Layfield: And you're happy with that? You support Teddy Long on his decision to sign these maniacs?

Michael Cole: Well yeah. I mean, Dreamer, Sandman and Sabu, those guys leave it all in the ring each and every night.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Yeah they leave it next to whatever poor bastard had to step into the ring with 'em that night! After all we've seen over the last few weeks, MVP being set on fire, his career could be over, with Joey Mercury getting his face caved in, needing hours of plastic surgery, with Matt Hardy suffering a concussion last week...

Michael Cole: (Interrupting) You said Matt Hardy deserved it!!

John Bradshaw Layfield: Don't you dare interrupt me again! After Matt Hardy suffers a concussion last week and Chris Benoit maybe suffering another concussion tonight, after ALL THAT, Teddy Long goes out and signs those three lunatics, and YOU Michael Cole, YOU support his decision?!

Michael Cole: Well... yeah.

Layfield, a look of pure disgust on his face, can only shake his head at Cole...

Michael Cole: What? I think Teddy Long's doing a great job.

John Bradshaw Layfield: You disgust me. A trained chimp could do your job better than you do.

Before Cole can respond and continue the argument...

*DEAD WHITE GUYS...*

It's a ton of heat that greets King Booker as he makes his way down to the ring, the lovely Queen Sharmell faithfully by his side...

John Bradshaw Layfield: And what about King Booker? He got drilled through our announce table by The Undertaker last week. Why wasn't there a fine or some kinda sanction handed down by Teddy Long?

Michael Cole: Well The Undertaker isn't here tonight, so...

John Bradshaw Layfield: (Interrupting) Oh so what he just shows up when he feels like it? Teddy Long is to blame for all of this, and the sooner we get rid of him as our General Manager, the better.

In the ring, Booker raises his pinkie into the air, again drawing more heat, while Sharmell proudly applauds her man, before snatching a microphone from Tony Chimel and handing it to her King...

King Booker: Last week... I... your King... King Bookah... I was royally besmirched.

Cheers from the crowd, with Sharmell shouting "Shut up!" in response...

King Booker: I... the King of the WWE... I was besmirched by a commoner... a mere peasant... called The Undertaker.

Huge pop from the crowd at the mention of The Deadman...

King Booker: Oh you may cheer... you may cheer him for his actions. But you cheer because you are nothing but peasants like him.

Cheap heat...

King Booker: You people, should be on your hands and knees, bowing at my feet, grateful that my presence has graced this cesspit.

More cheap heat, with Sharmell nodding along shouting "'Dat's right!"...

King Booker: As for you Undertaker... I am lead to believe you are not here tonight. One can only assume... it is because you fear the backlash of your actions last week. You fear what I would do to you after you chokeslammed me though a table last week!

Pop from the crowd, which causes Booker to lose his composure...

King Booker: Why don't all y'all suckas shut yo' damn mouths!

Boos, while Booker adjusts his crown and slips back into the regal accent...

King Booker: Now... as I was saying. Undertaker... I challenge you to a duel in this ring next week. 'Dat's right, I'm callin' yo' ass out sucka! And if you have any class... if you have any dignity... you will rise to my challenge Deadman. Else ye' be nothing better than these peasants who cheer your name. In the past, you may have held the WWE in a state of fear... but not I. Not King Bookah! For King Bookah fears no man!

Again Sharmell shouts "'Dat's right!" which draws a smile from her King...

King Booker: Undertaker... you have long reigned here on Smackdown. But now Undertaker... I... I am the one, true King of Smackdown. This is MAH kingdom Deadman. You no longer reign supreme here on Smackdown.

The crowd continues to boo, while Sharmell as loyal as ever nods along, agreeing with every word...

King Booker: Yet still, these peseants cheer you. Well, next week, if ye' be brave enough to meet me in this ring... I... King Bookah... I will slay thee Deadman.

Booker now steps towards the camera, all business...

King Booker: And when I do... you and all these mere peseants will know... that I... King Bookah... am not a King to be messed with.

Staring deep into the camera, Booker slams the mic to the mat, while his music starts up again to a chorus of boos...

Michael Cole: Wow. I'm not sure I've ever hear anyone call out The Undertaker like that before.

John Bradshaw Layfield: It's about time if you ask me. The Undertaker can't get away with puttin' people through tables whenever he feels like it. I applaud King Booker for what he just did.

Michael Cole: It's been quite the night here on Smackdown, and we've still got our main event to come. Join us when we return to Friday Night Smackdown!

*Commercial*

*Video Package*

WRESTLEMANIA RECALL!

APRIL 7TH, 1986
WRESTLEMANIA II

In a rematch of sorts from the previous year, Mr. T and 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper once again meet at Wrestlemania, this time in a boxing match. After much stalling, the match descends into chaos after Piper is disqualified for body slamming T in the fourth round, leading to both Joe Frazier and 'Cowboy' Bob Orton getting involved in what was the first of three Wrestlemania main events that evening.

WRESTLEMANIA XXIII - 81 DAYS AND COUNTING

*End Video Package*

Into the arena for...

*REALITY...*

There are boos from the crowd for the arrival of The Miz, but not as many as other heels, as it's clear Miz still has a long way to go to be taken seriously as a threat here on Smackdown. Miz cockily swaggers down to the ring, his new associate Michelle McCool by his side...

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Smackdown folks. Here comes the man who last week said it was time for Smackdown to take a "reality check" and he also had a few comments for you JBL.

John Bradshaw Layfield: And I bet you loved every second of it didn't ya?

Michael Cole: Well, I didn't complain.

John Bradshaw Layfield: I swear to God if he comes anywhere near me tonight I will stick my fist straight through his goofy lookin' face.

Cole laughs at how worked up JBL is getting, before we hear...

*GONNA PUNCH SOMEONE TONIGHT...*

It's a nice pop as Smackdown's resident redneck Jimmy Wang Yang slaps hands as he quickly makes his way down the aisle...

Match 5:
Jimmy Wang Yang
vs. The Miz w/ Michelle McCool

Determined to get his new, serious demeanour across, Miz arrogantly gets in Yangís face early on, talking smack and even going as far as to slap Yang across the face. This only serves to ignite Jimmy, who responds by teeing off with a string of right hands, before sending Miz down with a headscissor takedown. Miz crouches in the corner, looking to regroup, with McCool nearby offering words of encouragement. Miz then comes out of the corner and is able to establish control with a hard knee to the gut and a stiff forearm to the spine. Miz demonstrates his new attitude through using a series of hard hitting moves, punishing Jimmy with more stiff kicks and knees, paying particular attention to target Yangís head and neck area. Miz dominates for much of the match, but when he sends Jimmy to the corner and goes for his swinging corner clothesline, Jimmy uses his quickness to avoid the attack, and as Miz is hung up on the middle turnbuckle, Jimmy rolls him up for two count. Now Yang mounts an attack, connecting with clotheslines and a string of kicks before scoring another near fall with an overhead belly to belly suplex. Miz is reeling, but when Jimmy sends him off the ropes, Miz reverses, allowing McCool to grab a foot. The distraction costs Yang, as when he turns Miz nails him with a vicious lariat, before dragging Jimmy to his feet and nailing the Reality Check before hooking the leg... 1... 2... 3!

Winner: The Miz @ 02.57

A confident victory for Miz, who is quickly on his feet to stare down at the fallen Yang. The ref goes to raise Miz's arm, only for McCool to push the ref away, preferring to raise her clients arm herself to more boos than when Miz made his entrance. The boos continue, with Miz milking every second of it as we fade into commercial.

*Commercial*

When we return, Josh Matthews is standing by...

Josh Matthews: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time, he is the number one contender to the World Heavyweight Championship... Finlay.

Boos from the crowd as the veteran Irishman Finlay steps into the frame, trusty shillelagh in hand...

Josh Matthews: And Finlay we are just moments away from you partnering Mr. Kennedy in a tag team match against the man you assaulted with that shillelagh last week, Kane, and the man you will face at the Royal Rumble, the World Heavyweight Champion Batista. Finlay, what are your thoughts on this match tonight?

Finlay: My first thought is that if you ever talk to me like that again, I'm shove this shillelagh down your skinny neck.

Matthews lowers his head, not wishing to cause any trouble...

Finlay: As for my match tonight... I'd rather let my actions in the ring do the talkin' for me. Y'see Batista, he's all mouth. Just like my 'partner' tonight.

Finlay smirks, briefly shaking his head...

Finlay: But me? I'm not gonna run my mouth. I'm just gonna down to that ring...

Finlay hoists his shillelagh in the air, admiring it...

Finlay: And I'm gonna start crackin' skulls. This interview is over.

For the second time tonight, Matthews is left speechless, as the intense Finlay glares at him before walking off as we cut to the announce desk...

Michael Cole: Well folks, we've heard from both Champion and Challenger tonight, and both men have made their feelings clear. At the Royal Rumble, when Batista and Finlay collide, it's gonna be nothin' but a smash mouth fight.

John Bradshaw Layfield: It's gonna be an straight up brawl between two of the toughest guys we've got here on Smackdown, and I can't wait to see it!

"KENNEDY..."

*TURN UP THE TROUBLE...*

After an initial pop from the smarks, the boos quickly rain down on Mr. Kennedy, who simply smirks as he arrogantly chews his gum and swaggers down to the ring...

Michael Cole: There's the man who last week claimed that he was the favourite to win the Royal Rumble. The ever arrogant Mr. Kennedy.

John Bradshaw Layfield: It's not arrogance if you can back it up Michael. Ever since Kennedy arrived here on Smackdown he's been knocking off some of the biggest names on this show like they didn't matter.

Michael Cole: Yeah but can he back it up and win the Royal Rumble?

John Bradshaw Layfield: I gotta agree with 'im. He's the favourite so far.

In the ring, Kennedy has climbed to the second rope and motioned for his microphone to drop down from the rafters...

Mr. Kennedy: You (Pointing at Tony Chimel) you just stand there, shut the hell up and watch how the pros do it.

Chimel can only shake his head while the crowd responds with boos...

Mr. Kennedy: So I see on the .com that 20 other guys just got announced as participants in the Royal Rumble match.

Kennedy loudly chews his gum into the mic as he gathers his thoughts...

Mr. Kennedy: Well I got one... simple... question for each and every one of ya... why bother?

Boos...

Mr. Kennedy: No, no, I mean it... why bother showin' up for the Royal Rumble? I mean, I look at that list of names and... I see NOBODY who comes even close to bein' better than me.

Again boos...

Mr. Kennedy: You assholes can boo all ya' want, but y'know somethin'? At the Royal Rumble, when the smoke clears, when the dust settles, when the freakin' fat lady sings, when it's all said... and... done!... you people are gonna be left with one statement that you will remember for the rest of your sad, pathetic lives...

Kennedy now points at the Royal Rumble banner hanging from the rafters...

Mr. Kennedy: Here is your winner of the 2007 Royal Rumble match... MMMIIISSSTTTEEERRR KEN Ė NAH Ė DAY!

Kennedy now turns back to the camera, a cold blooded stare on his face...

Mr. Kennedy: (Softly) KEN - NAH - DAY!

Kennedy let's his mic head back up into the roof, and we have silence...

Until...

*LAMBEG...*

More boos from the crowd as Kennedy's partner tonight Finlay slowly makes his way down to the ring...

Michael Cole: Well Mr. Kennedy has made his intentions clear. He's determined to go on and win the Royal Rumble and then headline Wrestlemania. But will he and Finlay be victorious tonight? We'll find out when we return.

*Commercial*

As we come back from commercial, Kennedy and Finlay have been joined in the ring by Kane, with the Big Red Machine's music beginning to face out as...

*I WALK ALONE...*

It's a thunderous response for Batista, as The Animal storms out from the back, setting off a blaze of fireworks before making his way down to the ring...

Michael Cole: The roof is about ready to blow off this arena! The Animal is primed and ready for action!

John Bradshaw Layfield: He better be ready Michael, 'cos there is a tough Irish bastard in that ring ready to tear 'im apart if he's not.

Main Event: Tag Team Match
World Heavyweight Champion Batista and Kane vs. Finlay and Mr. Kennedy

Despite JBLís assessment of Finlay, itís Kennedy who kicks things off for his team, the brash youngster confidently stepping up to take on Batista as the bell rings. Instead of locking up, Kennedy gets in Batistaís face, talking smack at him, goading the Animal before finally Batista snaps and knocks Kennedy down with a big right hand. Kennedy staggers to the corner, where the Champion unloads with rights and lefts before hitting a few shoulder thrusts to the midsection. A hard Irish whip sends Kennedy crashing to the opposite corner, and as he staggers out Batista is ready to hit a huge back body drop. Kennedy quickly scrambles to his corner to tag in Finlay, who slowly, cautiously enters the ring, with the Animal giving Finlay space to enter. The two tie up, with Finlay locking on a headlock, only for Batista to snap him off the ropes and then knock Finlay down with a shoulderblock.

Kane enters the match for the first time, and he unloads with hard uppercuts to the throat, before slamming Finlay to the mat and coming off the ropes to drop an elbow for an early 2 count. Kane continues to strike with those trademark uppercuts, but after dropping Finlay with a sidewalk slam, Kane comes off the ropes for a low angle dropkick... only for Kennedy to low bridge the top rope, sending Kane crashing to the floor! The ref is quick to admonish Kennedy, who of course pleads his innocence, only for Finlay to pick a fight with Batista, causing the ref to get in-between the two with Batista not being the legal man in the match. This is all the distraction Kennedy needs on the outside, as he drives Kane spine first into the ringpost and then the ring apron, leaving Kane slumped on the floor outside the ring as we fade into our final commercial of the night.

*Commercial*

When we return, Kennedy and Finlay are now firmly in control, working well together to keep Kane away for Batista and aiming their attacks to the spine. Kennedy drives a series of knees to the back and follows with an inverted DDT, while Finlay places Kane face first into the corner, driving his shoulder to the spine before taking Kane down and locking on a legscissors. Finlay squeezes tight, causing Kane to cry out, while on the apron Batista stomps and slaps the turnbuckle, trying to get the crowd behind Kane. Slowly, Kane shows signs of life, trying to break Finlayís grip by aiming elbows at Finlayís head. Finally, Kane breaks free, slowly making it back to his feet, only for Finlay to drive him to the corner. After a few rights to the gut, Finlay sends Kane across... but as Kane crashes into the corner, Finlay charges... and runs straight into a big boot to the face! Kane, selling the effects of the beatdown he suffered, crashes to the mat too, and now both men are crawling for their corner. Finlay, being fresher, makes it to his corner first... here comes Kennedy... but here too comes Batista!

The Animal explodes into the ring, knocking both Kennedy and Finlay down with a bunch of clothesline before grabbing Kennedy and sending him off the ropes... straight into a huge spinebuster!! The crowd erupts as Batista dominates, but here comes Finlay from behind, clubbing Batista with forearms to the back. Finlay then goes for an Irish whip to the corner, only for Batista to reverses, sending Finlay hard into the corner. Finlay slumps to the mat, but as the camera zooms in on him, we see Finlay reach out... and grab his trusty shillelagh!! Cole immediately points it out, and as Batista slowly walks over, it seems Finlay is ready to strike... but Batista ducks, and a kick to the gut forces Finlay to drop the weapon. Batista quickly pounces, grabbing the shillelagh... and launching it down the aisle!! With his trusty weapon gone, Finlay now looks worried, with Batista nailing clubbing shots to the back, before pulling Finlay in... hoisting him up in the air... Batista-bomb... NO!! Kennedy saves his partner, nailing Batista from behind, but Kane is quickly back on the scene, and he clotheslines Kennedy over the top rope, before following the loudmouth outside. Kennedy and Kane now battle on the outside, while in the ring, Batista has Finlay in his sights. Finlay is slumped by the side of the ring, and as Batista approaches, a commotion is heard... as The Little Bastard has emerged from under the ring, shillelagh in hand!! Batista doesnít see the leprechaun slide a shillelagh into Finlay, who hides it under his body. On the outside, the ref is distracted as Kennedy hits a drop toe hold that sends Kane face first into the ring steps for a nasty looking bump.

In the ring, Batista senses victory, grabbing Finlay, pulling him in, once again hoisting the Irishman high into the air... Batista-bomb... but Finlay has the second shillelagh in his hand... AND HE CRACKS IT ACROSS BATISTAíS SKULL!! The Animal slumps to the mat, while Finlay crashes too, falling from above Batista. Quickly removing the evidence, Finlay tosses the shillelagh towards the corner, before scrambling to cover Batista, motioning for the ref to finally turn around while hooking both legs tight... 1... 2... 3!

Winners: Finlay and Mr. Kennedy @ 11.34

For the second week in a row The Little Bastard hands Finlay the shillelagh and hands him a victory. With Kennedy and Kane both down on the outside, The Animal lays prone on the canvas, barely stirring, unable to shake away the cobwebs.

Michael Cole: Once again that Little Bastard just appears from out of nowhere to give Finlay an assist. I mean, where does he come from? Where does he disappear to?

John Bradshaw Layfield: None of that matters right now Cole. All that matters is that the World Heavyweight Champion is down and he is out cold! Irish eyes are smillin' bright as their boy Finlay just got a HUGE psychological advantage over The Animal.

The referee crouches down next to Batista, checking on the condition of the Champion, while Finlay stands nearby, shillelagh back in his grip. The ref continues to check on Batista... until Finlay shoves him away! The referee shouts "No!" but Finlay doesn't care, as he hoists the shillelagh high in the air...

"Aw c'mon! Don't do this!"

Readies himself, poised to strike...

"Do it! Hit 'im!"

And strikes down upon The Animal!!

"No!"

And again... and again... and again!!

"I love it!"

Batista cries out in agony, as Finlay damn near snaps his shillelagh in half across The Animal's shoulder. Finally, mercifully, Finlay relents, knowing the damage is done. The referee again goes to check on Batista, to find the Champion writhing in pain, screaming out in agony. The crowd showers Finlay with boos, but the veteran Irishman simply flashes his toothy grin, not giving a damn about what anybody in this arena thinks of him.

Speechless, Cole offers no words, letting the boos of the crowd and the cries of The Animal tell it's own story, with the camera switching between the pain of Batista and the pride of Finlay as we fade to black.

*End Show*

Current Card for WWE Royal Rumble:
Date: January 28th 2007

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Finlay

Intercontinental Championship Match:
Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy vs. Kenny Dykstra

30 Man Royal Rumble Match:
Winner has automatic title shot at EITHER brandís Champion at Wrestlemania XXIII:
Entrants in Alphabetical order:

Bobby Lashley, Brian Kendrick, Carlito, Charlie Haas, Chavo Guerrero, Edge, Gregory Helms, Joey Mercury, Johnny Nitro, Kane, King Booker, Matt Hardy, Mr. Kennedy, Paul London, Randy Orton, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin, The Miz, The Undertaker, Triple H, Umaga

iMac is offline   Reply With Quote