Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Book thread.

View Single Post

Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #39 (permalink)
jjapples
Somewhere in Mexico

jjapples needs to take rep more seriousjjapples needs to take rep more seriousjjapples needs to take rep more seriousjjapples needs to take rep more seriousjjapples needs to take rep more seriousjjapples needs to take rep more seriousjjapples needs to take rep more seriousjjapples needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: The "Book" thread.

What are you currently reading? Tess of the D'Urbervilles and The Neverending Story
Who are your favourite authors? George RR Martin, Glen Duncan, Tolkien, CS Lewis, Dickens, Thomas Hardy, the Bronte sisters and Homer.
Any books your looking forward to? A Dance with Dragons - number 5 in A Song of Fire and Ice series (really really good read, can't recommended it enough!)
Favourite ever books? A Game of Thrones, I Lucifer (friggin' awesome!) Catcher in the Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird, Lord of the Rings, The Illiad, North and South, Wuthering Heights...the list could go on and on.
How often do you read? Every day
How many books do you read? at the moment I'm reading two, which I generally try to do. Normally get through a couple a week. I used to read a lot more but uni and work cut into a lot of my time now.
Do you believe the merits of books outweight the merits of movies? Yes, while I love films, there's something about reading a good book that really appeals to me (they stimulate my over-active imaginiation maybe) and in general I find films based on books to be inferior in most aspects. Even if I've read the book after seeing the film.

OP if you're looking for something to read, try I, Lucifer by Glen Duncan. It had me in stitches for the most part and gets you thinking too. Very interesting idea for a book. Also, as Lostfap and Mr Mister said, A Song of Fire and Ice series by George RR Martin is incredible. It starts with A Game of Thrones. I went into it with high expectations and it surpassed them effortlessly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan93 View Post
Hypothetically, The Rock spoke a lot about pie. Was he a male prostitute? Austin used to drink a lot of alcohol. Was he an abusive husband? ... Wait, don't answer that last one.
jjapples is offline   Reply With Quote