Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

View Single Post

Old 07-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #3104 (permalink)
New Blood
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000New Blood 501 - 1000
Default Re: Rate & Mini-Summarize the Last Movie You Saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Jackie Brown

Crime film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino, a cast including Samuel L Jackson and Robert De Niro who put in some great performances, and Pam Grier is just so sexy in this film, the dialogue is sometimes good but pales in comparision to others as Pulp Fiction, and the story drags on a bit, but its worth a look if you're a die hard Tarantino fan.

7/10
I think the pacing was the best part of it. In fact, I'll go as far as saying that it's the best film Tarantino has ever done. Instead of relying on hip dialogue (although it's somewhat present in this), it goes for a more mature outlook (because of the Elmore Leonard novel, Rum Punch that it's based on). The reason why it upset people at first so much was that they were looking for Pulp Fiction Part 2 but what they got was deeper, far more mature and something that I think stands the test of time better than Pulp Fiction. It's a film that is about growing old and having to accept it.
New Blood is offline   Reply With Quote