Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE: The Evolution Of Greed

View Single Post

Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
iMac
Step Up And Play...

iMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a push
Default Re: WWE: The Evolution Of Greed

~Monday Night Raw~
January 8th, 2007
St. Louis, Missouri

"I think I'd rather challenge you... for that."

We open the broadcast backstage in what appears to be an office. Boos are clearly heard from inside the arena as we see a remorseful looking Jonathan Coachman stood before us, his head bowed, eyes fixed firmly on the floor. An extremely agitated Mr. McMahon walks up behind Coachman, with Coach almost scared to look at his boss...

Mr. McMahon: What were you thinkin'? Huh? Just what the HELL were you thinkin'?

Jonathan Coachman: Mr. McMahon, if I could just expl-

Mr. McMahon: (Interrupting) I don't wanna hear it!

McMahon lets off a very audible sigh, while Coach looks back down at the ground...

Mr. McMahon: I mean... Lashley and RVD... two men who insulted me last week. Two men who assaulted me last week. And you give them a match tonight? A match on MY show.

Jonathan Coachman: Mr. McMahon, I just thought that-

Mr. McMahon: (Interrupting) Shaddup! You see that's just it Coachman, you didn't think. You never think. You just...

McMahon stops mid sentence, his expression changing from one of annoyance to one of sheer devilry. It appears that the boss has had a brainwave of sorts...

Mr. McMahon: Wait... wait just a minute. I think I know a way I can make this work.

There is a huge look of relief on Coach's face...

Jonathan Coachman: Oh that's-

Mr. McMahon: (Interrupting) Not a word Coachman. Not... a... word.

McMahon turns and walks out of the room, leaving Coach by himself. Coach checks to make sure McMahon is out of sight, before letting out a big sigh of relief and wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead.

There's no opening video, as instead we cut to the arena for...

"I SPIT IN DA' FACE OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO BE COOL..."

*COOL...*

It's a good pop from the crowd as Carlito steps out, his 'girlfriend' Torrie Wilson by his side. Torrie smiles and waves to the crowd, while Carlito is all business as the pair make their way down the ramp hand in hand as we hear from the announce team...

Jim Ross: Good evenin' folks, welcome to Monday Night Raw. I'm good ol' J.R., Jim Ross, alongside me is my colleague Jerry 'The King' Lawler, and King, we're kicking things off with a match we've been longing to see for well over a month now.

Jerry Lawler: Boy you're not kiddin' JR! Ever since we saw Chris Masters slap the Masterlock on poor Torrie Wilson, Carlito and Masters have been going back and forth at each other. Well tonight, we're finally gonna see this thing settled.

Jim Ross: It promises to be quite a night. Not only do we have Carlito and Masters in a no disqualification match, we've also got D-Generation X joining forces with the Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy to take on Rated-RKO in six man action.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah and don't forget J.R., we've also got Rob Van Dam and Bobby Lashley going at it tonight. And I've got a bad feeling about that match after what I just heard Mr. McMahon say.

Jim Ross: Who knows what the devious mind of Mr. McMahon has in store for Lashley and RVD?

*THE MASTERPIECE...*

Boos from the crowd as Chris Masters steps out onto the ramp, posing at the top of the ramp, his back turned on the ring. As Masters flexes his arms, setting off a pyro display, there's a pop from the crowd... Carlito is racing up the ramp! Masters doesn't realise, and as he shakes off his robe and turns... Carlito is there to fly into him with a clothesline, knocking Masters down to the ramp, and the match is on!

Match 1: No Disqualification Match
Carlito w/ Torrie Wilson vs. Chris Masters

It's an explosive start to the match, with the crowd cheering at the sight of Carlito taking the fight to Masters. Carlito mounts Masters, laying in with a flurry of right hands. Carlito finally steps off Masters, dragging him to his feet... and then snapping Masters over with a suplex onto the ramp!! Masters cries out in pain, with the crowd responding as Carlito lays into Masters with a string of boots. Masters slowly starts crawling towards the ring, trying to distance himself from Carlito, only for ‘Lito to deliver a boot to the gut, sending Masters rolling down the ramp towards the ring.

Now down by the ring, Carlito continues his assault, sending Masters crashing shoulder first into the steel steps, following this by driving Masters into the barricade. Leaving Masters prone against the barricade, Carlito climbs up on the apron, waiting for Masters to stagger towards the ring before jumping onto the top rope... springboard moonsault on the outside!! Carlito flies into Masters, naling the move perfectly, and he quickly follows up with a series of hard right hands. Carlito steps off, walking around the ring to where Lillian Garcia is sat, grabbing a steel chair. Carlito walks back round to where Masters is, but by now Masters has used the ring to drag himself to his feet. Carlito winds up the chair, poised to strike... but Masters grabs hold of Torrie... and pulls her infront of him! Using Carlito's girlfriend as a human-shield, Masters taunts Carlito, daring him to strike. Naturally, Carlito takes the chair down from above his head, and this is Masters' chance to attack, pushing Torrie into Carlito's arms, and then carefully aiming a stiff right hand to 'Lito's head. Carlito is knocked to the floor, and while Torrie flees the area, Masters grabs the chair... and smashes it across Carlito's spine!! The crowd boos, but Masters isn't done, delivering a second shot across the back with the chair, before rolling Carlito into the ring as we cut to commercial.

*Commercial*

We return with Masters now firmly in control, continuing his assault on 'Lito's spine by having a bearhug locked in. J.R. points out that Carlito has been in this hold for much of the commercial break, and as Masters wrenches on Carlito's ribs, it's clear the hold has had an effect. Carlito looks like he's fading, but the crowd starts to make noise, and as Torrie slams her hands on the mat, Carlito slowly responds. Trying to break the hold, Carlito hits a bunch of elbows to the head, forcing Masters to break his grip, only for Masters to respond with a well placed forearm to the small of the back and then slamming Carlito to the mat.

Masters continues his assault, coming close to victory a couple of times, before he drops Carlito and heads to the outside. Masters searches under the ring, finding a trash can, tossing it and another chair into the ring. Masters props the trash can in one corner, between the top and middle ropes, and he goes to Irish whip Carlito into it... but 'Lito counters... and it's Masters who crashes into the trash can! Moving quickly, Carlito scoops up the can, placing it on Masters head... and then unloading with chair shots! Masters stays on his feet, during a relentless assault from Carlito, who nails five chair shots through the trash can. Finally Masters slumps to the mat, and after pausing to recover, Carlito takes off the can and drags Masters up. With both men tired, it takes an age for Masters to make it to his knees... where he strikes with a lowblow! Carlito crumples in pain, and now Masters makes his move, stalking Carlito... and locking on the Masterlock!

Masters swings away, screaming at Carlito to submit, but 'Lito valiantly holds on, with Torrie screaming support from ringside. Masters continues to swing, but just as it looks like Carlito is fading... he flicks his heel... and delivers a lowblow of his own! Now it's Masters who cries out in pain, forced to break the Masterlock to grab his nuts. Carlito drops to a knee, grabs a steel chair... and smashes Masters across the skull! This time Masters goes straight down, and Carlito goes for the cover... 1... 2... no! Masters rolls a shoulder, barely kicking out. Now Carlito looks to finish things, dragging Masters up and going for an Irish whip... Masters reverses, only for Carlito to jump to the second rope... springboard back elbow... but Masters is waiting... and smacks the steel chair across Carlito's spine!!

The crowd winces, with Carlito left down and out on the mat. Masters takes a moment to recover, but instead of going for a cover, he again reaches under the ring... and pulls out a table! Masters slides the table into the ring and sets it up, before pointing at Torrie and shouting "Watch this!". Masters grabs Carlito, and motions to the crowd that 'Lito is about to go through the wood. Showing great strength, Masters hoists Carlito into the air with a gorilla press slam... but before he slam 'Lito down, Carlito drops down the back and lands on his feet... backstabber!! The crowd erupts as Carlito connects, but he's not done there. Slowly, 'Lito is able to get Masters on his feet, rolling him onto the table. Carlito gingerly walks towards the ropes, before grabbing on... jumping to the top rope... springboard moonsault through the table!! "Bah Gawd!!" is the cry from J.R., as Carlito emphatically drives Masters through the wood, draping an arm across his chest... 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Carlito @ 10.16

It's a great response from the crowd as Carlito grabs a hard fought victory. The brutal match has obviously taken it's toll, as it takes the assistance of Torrie to get an exhausted Carlito back to his feet, with the crowd again responding as the referee raises his hand. Carlito staggers to the ropes, with Torrie struggling to keep him on his feet...

Jim Ross: What a victory for Carlito! An unbelievable effort from that young man in a slobberknocker of a match!

Jerry Lawler: Well Carlito may have won the match, but he doesn't look like a winner right now.

Indeed a team of trainers have raced down to the ring, with one trainer hooking Carlito's arm over his shoulder to help him backstage, while the other is in the ring checking on the condition of Masters as we cut backstage...

Where Todd Grisham is ready to conduct an interview...

Todd Grisham: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guests at this time... Rated-RKO.

A lot of heat can be heard from inside the arena as the World Tag Team Champions Edge and Randy Orton and their young apprentice Kenny Dykstra enter the shot...

Todd Grisham: And guys, last week was certainly a good week for the three of you. First of you Kenny scored the pinfall over the Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy in a tag team match, and then latter in the night you Edge got the win against Shawn Michaels.

Edge: Y'know, for once in your life Grisham... you're actually right about something! I mean, I did beat Shawn Michaels last week, even though Triple H had his precious sledgehammer with him. But what did my victory get us Todd?

Confused, Grisham fumbles for an answer...

Todd Grisham: Uh... um... well...

Edge: I'll tell ya' what it got us. It got us yet another match against DX. I mean, I dunno about you Randy but I'm gettin' pretty bored with beating those two every week.

Grisham now turns to Orton, who is as stern faced as ever...

Randy Orton: Y'know something Edge? You're right, I am bored of DX. I'm bored of these two old fools tryin' to relive their glory days. I'm tired of Shawn Michaels and Triple H gettin' involved in our business. And I'm tired of seein' their faces every week.

Edge smirks as Grisham turns back to him...

Edge: And it's because of that Todd, that we're gonna end this little situation. Rated-RKO was brought together for one reason... to take a stand against DX. Me and Randy, we were victims of the actions of Shawn Michaels and Triple H. And now... now we're gonna make them the latest victims of the greatest tag team ever put together.

Boos from the crowd, while Orton rubs his chin as Grisham again turns to him...

Randy Orton: You can bring sledgehammers, you can bring tanks, you can bring whatever the hell you want to the fight DX, it's not gonna make any difference. Tonight, we will end this... and we're gonna end D-Generation X... for good.

Seemingly finished, Edge and Orton turn to leave, but Grisham isn't done yet...

Todd Grisham: And what about you Kenny? Tonight you meet again with Jeff Hardy. Do you think that-

Edge: (Interrupting) Whoa, whoa, stop. What are you interviewing him (pointing at Dykstra) for? Listen, when junior here does somethin' worthwhile, then you can talk to him. This interview is over.

Dykstra is naturally pissed off at Edge snatching the moment away from him, but he soon follows as Orton and Edge walk off, leaving a confused Todd Grisham as we cut away...

To the sight of the ECW Champion Bobby Lashley getting ready for action in a locker room. Lashley is sat on a chair, taping up his wrists when footsteps are heard approaching, and soon a shadow is cast over him. Lashley and the camera look up... to see Mr. McMahon stood over Lashley. Huge boos from inside the arena, as we see McMahon has a big grin on his face, which prompts Lashley to slowly rise out of his chair and go face to face with the Chairman of the Board...

Mr. McMahon: Whoa, whoa... easy there big guy. I uh, I see you still have that with you.

The "that" McMahon refers to is the ECW Championship belt, which is perched on top of Lashley's bag. Lashley looks at the belt before turning back to McMahon and offering a brief nod...

Mr. McMahon: Well, uh, as much as I'd rather not see that anymore, I guess I can let it slide just this once.

McMahon has a little chuckle, but Lashley remains unimpressed, staying silent and simply staring straight at Vince...

Mr. McMahon: Well, nonetheless, the reason I'm here Lashley is because I figured that last week, you and me, we kinda got off on the wrong foot. I uh... I had a few choice words to say to you about your ECW Championship, but I just want you to know... I don't blame you for me being upset last week.

Lashley flashes a "Really?" look across his face as McMahon continues...

Mr. McMahon: I mean, c'mon, look at ya’! Big, strappin' individual, well built, handsome guy... heck it's like lookin' in a mirror!

Another laugh from McMahon, but again Lashley is unimpressed...

Mr. McMahon: But uh... the reason I wasn't feelin' all that great when I ran into you last week had nothing to do with you Lashley. It had everything to do with... Rob Van Dam.

Big pop from the crowd, with Lashley rubbing his chin at the mention of Van Dam...

Mr. McMahon: I mean, last week, Van Dam he... well, quite frankly, he assaulted me last week, completely unprovoked I might add. I don't like Rob Van Dam... and I get a feelin' you're not that fond of him either.

Again Lashley stays silent, merely shrugging his shoulders. Convinced he's onto something, McMahon smiles...

Mr. McMahon: Yeah. Yeah, I'm right aren't I? You don't like Rob Van Dam. I mean here you are, Bobby Lashley, ECW Champion, announcing that he's signed with Monday Night Raw... only Van Dam beat you to it, didn't he? Van Dam came out, he interrupted me, he put his hands on me... and he pulled the rug out from under ya', didn't he?

Having had enough of Vince's prodding, Lashley finally speaks...

Bobby Lashley: Look Mr. McMahon... what exactly did you come to see me about?

Mr. McMahon: Oh, nothin' much. I just uh... I just wanted to let you know that IF you went out there for your match with Rob Van Dam tonight and say Mr. Van Dam happened to suffer a rather serious injury... perhaps at your hands...

McMahon, now feeling incredibly confident, steps towards Lashley with an evil smile on his face...

Mr. McMahon: I could make life... very comfortable for you here on Monday Night Raw.

Boos from inside the arena as Lashley again strokes his chin, considering Vince's words...

Mr. McMahon: You uh... you think that over Lashley. Good luck tonight. I'll be watching.

McMahon offers Lashley a handshake, with Lashley merely staring at Vince's hand before looking dead into the eyes of Vince. The cocky smirk leaves McMahon's face, but he turns to leave happy enough with his efforts. The camera stays focused on the intense looking Lashley, who lets out a sigh as we fade to a video...

*Video Package*

WRESTLEMANIA RECALL!

MARCH 14TH, 2004
WRESTLEMANIA XX

What at one point was considered a huge showdown, leaked stories of both men leaving the WWE after the match caused a raucous Madison Square Garden crowd to boo both men involved. After much stalling, Goldberg finally nails a jackhammer for the 3 count, only for both Goldberg and Lesnar to receive post match stunners from guest referee ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin.

WRESTLEMANIA XXIII - 84 DAYS AND COUNTING

*End Video Package*

We return to the arena for...

*OBSESSION...*

It's a decent enough pop as the Women's Champion Mickie James bounces out, accompanied by her tag partner this evening, Candice Michelle...

Jim Ross: Well there you see Mickie James and Candice Michelle, they're set for tag team action, but what is Mr. McMahon trying to stir with what he just said to Bobby Lashley?

Jerry Lawler: Well it sounded like he wanted Bobby Lashley to take out Rob Van Dam, but I can't imagine Lashley ever doing Mr. McMahon's dirty work.

Jim Ross: I hate to think Mr. McMahon has in mind. But up next, it's Divas action when we return to Monday Night Raw.

*Commercial*

Match 2: Tag Team Match
Women's Champion Mickie James and Candice Michelle vs. Melina w/Johnny Nitro and Victoria

We return just in time to hear the bell ring, and it's Mickie and Melina who get the match underway. The early action sees the Women's Champion in control, knocking Melina down with a series of clotheslines before connecting with a Lou Thesz press, laying into Melina with a string of right hands. Melina scrambles for the corner, tagging in Victoria, but Mickie stays in control, taking Victoria down with an armdrag before tagging in Candice. Initially Candice keeps the momentum going for her team, dropping Victoria with a crossbody and following with an elbow drop for a near fall. Candice tries to continue the attack, but as she runs the ropes, Nitro makes his presence felt, grabbing Candice by the foot, the distraction enough for Victoria to control.

Victoria and Melina go on to dominate the match, until Candice catches Melina with a tilt-a-whirl headscissors, managing to make the tag to Mickie. Mickie flies into the ring, knocking down both opponents, before grabbing Melina and going for the long kiss goodnight... but as she swings for the heel kick, Melina does the splits and drops to the mat, ducking the attack... allowing Victoria to nail a vicious clothesline. Victoria now moves quickly, grabbing the champ by the hair and hoisting her up... for the widow’s peak! Victoria plants the champ, and with Melina keeping Candice busy, Victoria hooks the leg... 1... 2... 3.

Winners: Melina and Victoria @ 03.55

Yet another impressive win for Victoria, following up last week’s win over Candice by this week pinning the Women's Champion. Victoria is quickly back on her feet, smiling at her handy work, while Candice crawls over to check on Mickie. The referee brings Mickie's title into the ring, but before he can hand it to the champion, Victoria snatches it off him, staring at the belt with a smirk on her face, before tossing the belt on top of Mickie as we cut backstage...

To the sight of the WWE Champion John Cena walking down a corridor, a focused, determined look on his face, the WWE Championship slung over his shoulder. As usual, there's a mixed reaction from inside the arena, and it continues as Cena nods at a few random backstage workers who walk by, before turning a corner... and stopping dead in his tracks. Cena pauses, before slowly walking forwards as the camera pans out... to reveal Rob Van Dam doing his split legged stretches, his feet propped up on two crates either side of the corridor. Van Dam sees Cena coming towards him, smiling at the champion before pushing himself up and onto his feet...

John Cena: Well... Rob Van Dam... how's it going man?

Rob Van Dam: Hey John, what's up?

There are no smiles or handshakes traded between the two, as both men remain guarded of their emotions...

John Cena: Oh nothing much. Listen uh... I never got a chance to say it last week but, uh... welcome back man.

Not sure how sincere Cena is being, Van Dam merely nods his head...

Rob Van Dam: Thanks man. It's good to be back.

Van Dam remains guarded, crossing his arms infront of himself, while Cena runs a hand through his hair...

John Cena: So... tonight... you and Lashley huh? That's gonna be a tough match man, Lashley's a heck of a fighter.

Rob Van Dam: Yeah, yeah. You gotta be something special to be an ECW Champion.

Cena chuckles...

John Cena: Yeah, that's... that's good. I like that. I guess IF you win tonight... you'll be going after that ECW Championship again?

Rob Van Dam: Well... actually John... WHEN I win tonight...

Van Dam pauses, stepping towards Cena...

Rob Van Dam: I think I'd rather challenge you... (pointing at the WWE Championship) for that.

A big pop can be heard from inside the arena. Taken aback by how blunt Van Dam is, Cena is initially surprised, but soon gets serious...

John Cena: You wanna challenge me?

Rob Van Dam: (Nodding) That's right.

John Cena: Wow. I mean, c'mon Rob you've only been back on the show 1 week and you wanna challenge the WWE Champion?

Again Van Dam nods, a smug look on his face. Cena puffs out his cheeks, before continuing...

John Cena: Well uh... tell me somethin' Rob. What makes you think you're next in line for a shot at me?

Van Dam laughs and smiles...

Rob Van Dam: Y'know somethin' John? There's probably a whole bunch of guys on Raw who're in the line ahead of me. But John...

The smile quickly leaves Van Dam's face, as he stares intently at Cena...

Rob Van Dam: I... KNOW... what kinda champion you are. I know what kinda guy you are John. And most importantly... I KNOW you can't refuse a challenge.

Cena smirks, knowing Van Dam has his number here. The champ scratches his head, before looking at Van Dam and nodding...

John Cena: Well... you got me there man. I'll uh... I'll let you get back to gettin' ready. Good luck...

This time Cena does offer a handshake, to which Van Dam offers his hand in return...

John Cena: You're gonna need it.

Cena lets go of Van Dam, turning to walk away. The camera stays focused on Van Dam, who sighs, knowing he never got a definitive answer to his challenge.

We cut into the arena to hear...

"WOOOOO..."

*ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA...*

It's a great response from the crowd as the dirtiest player in the game Ric Flair steps out, stylin' and profilin' his way down the ramp...

Jim Ross: Last week we saw Ric Flair go one on one with Shelton Benjamin, and the Nature Boy pulled out a few tricks from the playbook to pin Shelton.

Jerry Lawler: And Benjamin and Haas weren't happy about how that match ended last week. That's why Charlie Haas issued a challenge to Ric Flair for a rematch of sorts tonight.

*WORLD'S GREATEST...*

Boos from the crowd as Charlie Haas and his partner Shelton Benjamin stride down the ramp, Benjamin pointing and shouting trash talk towards Flair in the ring...

Jim Ross: He's a heck of an athlete, a gifted technical wrestler. Will Charlie Haas get a measure of revenge here tonight? We'll find out when we return.

*Commercial*

Match 3:
Ric Flair
vs. Charlie Haas w/ Shelton Benjamin

The match starts with both men using a variety of chain wrestling moves to try gain the upper hand, with Flair managing to go toe-to-toe with Haas early on. Haas gains a brief advantage when he snaps off an armdrag, but Flair fights back to his feet, forcing Haas into a corner and unloading with knife-edged chops across the chest, before sending Haas across the ring and then up in the air with a back body drop. Flair has Haas reeling, and he starts to go to work on Haas' leg, aiming kicks to the thigh and driving his knee into Haas'. Flair then looks for an early figure four, only for Benjamin to jump up onto the apron. Flair mometarily pauses, allowing Haas to kick his way free of the figure four, with Flair crashing into the corner.

Haas forgets his technical background for a moment, hammering Flair with old fashioned fists and boots, before tossing Flair through the ropes to the outside. Haas is quick to distract the ref, allowing Benjamin to continue the beating on the outside, dropping more kicks on Flair before sending Flair shoulder first into the ringpost. After Flair is sent back into the ring, Haas scores a few 2 counts before going to work on Flair's arm, driving his knee and dropping legdrops across the arm before hitting a shoulderbreaker. Haas gets another 2 count, before he goes for a German suplex, only for Flair to block it. Haas again tries to hoist Flair up, only for Naitch to block it again. Haas goes for it a third time, only for Flair to grab an ankle, yanking Haas to the ground, stepping over... and twisting into the figure four... no! Again Haas kicks Flair into the corner, and he's quickly on his feet to follow in and take Flair out with a release German suplex. Flair is down, and Haas motions that it's over, as he looks to go for the Haas of pain... but Flair reaches up, grabbing Haas and rolling him up with an inside craddle... 1... 2... Flair has a handful of tights... 3!!

Winner: Ric Flair @ 05.26

Once again, Ric Flair scores a win over a member of the World's Greatest Tag Team. Haas is stunned, feeling he had the match won had it not been for Flair's tactics. Flair tries to make a quick exit, but Benjamin is in the ring and on him in a flash, laying into Flair with a flurry of boots. Haas is quickly back on his feet, and he begins laying into Flair too, dropping down and nailing stiff fists to the head as Benjamin continues with the stomps. Haas rises to his feet, shouting "What d'ya think of that old man?" while Benjamin hops through the ropes to the outside... and grabs a steel chair! Benjamin motions for Haas to drag Flair to his feet, and Haas obliges, pulling the deadweight Flair up, holding him in position as Benjamin winds up... and smacks the chair off Flair's skull!! It's a sickening thud that draws "Ooohh"'s from the crowd. Haas lets go of Flair, with the Nature Boy slumping to the mat, a trickle of blood seen on Flair's forehead.

Jim Ross: Bah gawd! What a disgusting act from Benjamin and Haas.

Jerry Lawler: I... I think we need some help out here for Ric Flair. He looks out cold.

Jim Ross: I hope Haas and Benjamin are happy with what they've done. They got what they came here for tonight, they got their own back on the Nature Boy.

Benjamin slams the chair down on the canvas, before he and Haas turn to gloat at the crowd, who respond with a ton of heat. Benjamin and Haas simply laugh it off, before hoping through the ropes and backing up the ramp, neither man taking their eyes off the fallen Nature Boy as trainers rush by the World's Greatest Tag Team to tend to Flair.

*Video Package*

Narrator: Every year, 30 men chase a dream...

Shots of historical Royal Rumble moments, starting with Shawn Michaels dumping The British Bulldog over the top rope and then collapsing to his knees in victory...

Narrator: 30 men who seek fight for greatness...

Triple H returning in 2002 and last eliminating Kurt Angle before celebrating in the ring...

Narrator: 30 men who strive for their spot...

Quick-fire shots of 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin's three Rumble wins, 1997, 1998 and 2001...

Narrator: In the annals of time.

We now see stadium-wide shots of past Wrestlemania's, with the flashing lights and pyro displays of yesteryear...

Narrator: They crave immortality...

We now see shots from last year's Royal Rumble, starting with Shane McMahon eliminating Shawn Michaels...

Narrator: They strive for prominence...

The iconic image of Rey Mysterio headscissoring Randy Orton over the top rope to claim victory...

Narrator: But only one...

Rapid-fire images of eliminations, with bodies crashing to the floor as the pace of the video quickens...

Narrator: Will fulfil their destiny.

"WWE ROYAL RUMBLE - JANUARY 28TH - LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW!"

*End Video Package*

We fade out of the video into a corridor, where we see Jeff Hardy making his way no doubt towards the ring. There's a nice pop from inside the arena for the Intercontinental Champion... but there's an even bigger pop as Shawn Michaels and Triple H appear from the wings, walking behind Jeff, standing either side of him, all three men looking ready for action...

Jim Ross: There you see DX and Jeff Hardy. These three men are set to team up against Rated-RKO, and that match is up next when we return, live to Monday Night Raw!

*Commercial*

As soon as we return...

"ARE YOU READY...?"

*BREAK IT DOWN...*

It's a massive reaction as Shawn Michaels and Triple H emerge, doing crotch chops to set off their pyro before making their way down to the ring...

Jim Ross: The war between D-Generation X and Rated-RKO has reached a fever pitch in recent weeks. Anything could happen in this match tonight.

Jerry Lawler: J.R., we both heard what Rated-RKO had to say earlier tonight. They are determined that tonight is the night they finally put an end to DX.

Jim Ross: Never count out DX King. These two have been down the road many times in the past, and they'll take the fight to Rated-RKO again here tonight.

*LOADED...*

It's another big pop from the crowd, this time for the Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy...

Jim Ross: And can Jeff Hardy be the man who swings the odds in DX's favour?

Jerry Lawler: Yeah but last week we saw Kenny Dykstra pin Jeff Hardy to win a tag team match. It could easily happen again tonight.

Jeff bounces into the ring, posing for another pop from the crowd, before exchanging high fives with Triple H and Michaels. The music dies down and the crowd becomes silent until...

"YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME...

HEY! NOTHING YOU CAN SAY..."

*BURN IN MY LIGHT (RATED-R REMIX)...*

After an initial pop (probably due to the awesomeness of their theme tune ) Edge, Randy Orton and Kenny Dykstra step out to a ton of heat. A united front, the three men arrogantly stride down to the ring...

Jim Ross: I dunno about you King, but this one has a big fight atmosphere to it for me.

Jerry Lawler: Absolutely. This one could get out of hand in a hurry!

Match 4: Six Man Tag Team Match
Rated-RKO
vs. Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy and D-Generation X

The match kicks off with Shawn Michaels and Edge, a repeat of the match the two had last week. Michaels dominates early on, and Triple H and Jeff both make tags into the match, with Edge on the receiving end of plenty of right hands and has his head repeatedly slammed off the turnbuckle. Jeff is in the ring, and he staggers Edge with a sitout jawbreaker, before following up with a clothesline over the top rope, sending Edge sprawling to the floor. Orton and Dykstra head over to help Edge regroup, but as the trio gather near each other, Michaels climbs to the top rope... and takes out all three with a moonsault off the top rope!! Rated-RKO are down and out on the outside, and it's at this point that we head to commercial.

*Commercial*

When we return, Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels are in the ring, but now it's Orton who is in control, as he has Michaels clamped in a standing side headlock. Michaels manages to back Orton to the ropes and send him across, but Orton runs the ropes and ducks a clothesline... before dropping Michaels with an inverted headlock backbreaker. Rated-RKO now show great teamwork in working to wear Michaels down, making plenty of tags with all three men getting near falls. Orton comes close to victory with the rope hung DDT, while Dykstra nearly puts Michaels away with a swinging neckbreaker while Edge gets a 2 count from an inverted DDT. Orton is back in the ring, with one of those trademark headlocks applied, but the crowd raises the volume, prompting Michaels to struggle back to his feet. An elbow to the gut buys Michaels a little separation, only for Orton to yank Michaels to the mat by the hair, and then draw Triple H into the ring by getting in his face. Naturally, the ref goes to cut off the Game, allowing Edge and Orton to drop Michaels with a double standing dropkick. Edge hooks the leg, only for Jeff to race in and break the count at 2.

Again the punishment of Michaels continues, until Dykstra slams HBK to the mat and goes upstairs. Dykstra steadies himself, and then launches... sky high legdrop... no! Michaels rolls out of the way, and now both men are crawling for their corners... here comes Orton... here comes Triple H! The Game catches Orton on the charge, teeing off with right hands before sending Orton off the ropes... into a huge spinebuster!! 1... 2... Dykstra makes the save, only for Jeff to fly across the ring and knock Dykstra down, connecting with a flurry of rights and lefts. Edge connects with a cheap shot on Triple H, only for Michaels to rock him with an atomic drop, following with a clothesline that sends Edge over the top rope to the floor. Orton is back up, hammering on the Game, but when he goes for an Irish whip, Triple H reverses, sending Orton towards Michaels... who elevates Orton over the top rope to the floor with a back body drop! Edge and Orton now gather at the bottom of the ramp, and the two decided they've had enough, as they walk out on the match!!

It's only once they're half way up the ramp that the pair realise Dykstra is still in the ring. Kenny staggers out of a corner where Hardy was hammering him, before he stops... and realises... it's 3 on 1! Dykstra tries to turn and run, but Triple H is there to cut him off. Dykstra turns again... this time into sweet chin music, but Dykstra doesn't fall, staggering towards the Game... and into the pedigree!! Triple H plants Kenny, but now it's Jeff's turn, as he climbs to the top rope... Swanton bomb!! Hardy connects, and he hooks the leg for the win... 1... 2... 3!!

Winners: Jeff Hardy and D-Generation X @ 09.52

The arena comes alive as Jeff Hardy grabs the pinfall. At the top of the ramp, Edge and Orton can only look on, a mixture of shock and anger on their faces. Michaels helps Jeff back to his feet, while over on the other side of the ring, Triple H has been handed a mic...

Triple H: (Breathing heavily) Hey... hey! Orton... Edge... I dunno exactly what you two had in mind tonight... but from what I can see... DX is still standing tall in the middle of this ring!

A huge pop from the crowd, while at the top of the ramp, Edge franticly runs his hands through his hair while Orton can be seen mouthing "You sons of bitches!"...

Triple H: But Edge... Orton... you guys want a shot at ending DX? Well... we're gonna give it to ya!

Gasps from the crowd, but Edge and Orton look intrigued at what Triple H has to say...

Triple H: Next week... Rated-RKO and DX... in this very ring. If you beat us...

By now Dykstra has finally staggered up the ramp to join his colleagues, while in the ring Triple H turns to stare at HBK...

Triple H: If you beat us... DX is gone for ever. But... if we beat you... we become the new World Tag Team Champions!

Big time response from the crowd, the thought of a huge tag team title match next week exciting everyone in attendance. However, it's a look of sheer bemusement on the face of Michaels, who looks stunned at the announcement of his partner..

Triple H: Whadaya say guys? We'll put DX on the line... if you guys offer up the gold.

Edge and Orton turn to each other, a mix of excitement and concern. After trading a few words, the pair turn to the ring and face DX, with Orton nodding his head and Edge shouting "Yeah!", with the crowd giving a solid pop at the prospect of the big title match next week...

Triple H: Good. Hey Shawn... can you imagine if we lose next week? I mean, they'll be no more DX. No more comin' out here, entertainin' the fans, no more tellin' jokes, no more pullin' stunts... basically we'd be as borin' as those two jackasses (pointing at Edge and Orton) up there!

Oh, wow. Burn ( ). The crowd laps it up, but Michaels is still in a state of confusion, unimpressed with the offer The Game made to the Champions. Michaels briefly can be heard shouting at Triple H "What are you doin'?". Triple H motions for HBK to calm down, before stepping towards the ropes staring intently up the ramp, now meaning business...

Triple H: But lemme' tell you two somethin'. When we beat you... and we WILL beat you... you two are finally gonna realise that DX is here to stay... and we're gonna be kickin' your asses for years to come!

Refussing to calm down, Michaels now grabs Triple H by the arm, turning The Game around until the two are face to face. Michaels is again heard asking "What are you doin'?", with even Jeff Hardy walking over, wondering what's going on with the pair. Triple H again motions for HBk to calm down, before again turning to Rated-RKO...

Triple H: And if you're not down with that... we got two words for ya...

SUCK IT!!

Break It Down hits again, but the camera immediately turns to Edge, Orton and Dykstra, the three with devious smiles on their faces after seeing the obvious tension between Michaels and Triple H after the match, before the trio turn to walk backstage. In the ring, Jeff and Triple H both make their exits and slowly walk up, while Michaels has a look of confusion and disbelief on his face before he eventually also makes his way backstage...

Jerry Lawler: J.R., I can't wait to see that title match next week but... well, what d'ya make of what we see after the bell when Triple H made that challenger to Edge and Orton?

Jim Ross: It certainly looked like it was news to Shawn Michaels that Triple H was gonna make a challenge of that magnitude. It's all of nothin' next week for DX. Win, and your the tag team champions, lose... and DX is gone forever.

Jerry Lawler: Could you imagine Monday Night Raw without DX anymore?

Jim Ross: Well... let's worry about that IF it happens. Still to come tonight, Bobby Lashley goes one-on-one with Rob Van Dam. Join us when we return to Monday Night Raw!

*Commercial*

When we return...

*VIRTUAL VOODOO...*

Heat from the crowd as the Samoan Bulldozer Umaga menacingly makes his way down the ramp, Armando Alejandro Estrada following nearby...

Jim Ross: He is a monster of immeasurable proportions. A wild, untamed savage, that has run roughshod over the Raw roster for the past 7 months.

Jerry Lawler: And to this day J.R., he still remains undefeated.

Jim Ross: I dunno about you King, but for my money Umaga is a huge favourite to win the Royal Rumble.

Jerry Lawler: No doubt about it. I don't know anybody who could throw Umaga over the top rope.

In the ring, Estrada is handed a mic...

Armando Alejandro Estrada: Tudos... excussemay, haha! Last week... myself and The Saaaaamoan Bulldozerrr... UMAGA... we deliver to ju all... a little message! Ha! We told all of ju... that we want a challenge! We want... competition! So...

Estrada now turns to look up the ramp at the entrance way...

Armando Alejandro Estrada: Who... is gonna give us a challenge amigos?

Silence...

Until...

*CHILD'S PLAY...*

Jim Ross: Aw for gawd's sake! You gotta be kiddin' me!

Jerry Lawler: Uh... well, I don't think business has picked up. Infact you might say business is kinda slow right about now.

That's right, instead of the world class challenge Estrada seeks to prove his clients credentials, he instead gets the happy go lucky Eugene, who smiles and slaps hands all the way down the ramp. It's only once Eugene enters the ring that he realises what's in store for him...

Match 5:
Umaga
w/ Armando Alejandro Estrada vs. Eugene

It wasn’t pretty. It was straight up brutal. Eugene, in his simple way, waves at Umaga, hoping to make friends... only to eat a savate kick to the face. Umaga scoops Eugene up, hoisting him up... Samoan drop! Down goes Eugene again, but Umaga isn’t finished, as he drags Eugene to his feet... and levels him with the Samoan spike!! Goodnight. 1... 2... 3.

Winner: Umaga @ 01.39

Total destruction from Umaga, as he once again shows he's the dominant force on Raw right now. Estrada quickly climbs into the ring and scares off the referee... it appears we're not done yet...

Jim Ross: Aw c'mon now! You won the match, you made your point. There's no need for this!

Jerry Lawler: You wanna get in there and stop him J.R.?

Not J.R. our anyone else it seems wants to get in Umaga's way, as he drags Eugene to his feet... and Estrada snaps a cigar in half!! That's all the encouragement Umaga needs, as he hoists Eugene up on to his shoulders... and nails him with a second Samoan drop! Boos from the crowd, but Umaga remains unfazed, dragging Eugene to the corner and propping his head up on the bottom turnbuckle. Slowly Umaga backs away to the opposite corner before lining Eugene up...

"No!"

Bouncing up in the air...

"DON'T DO THIS!"

And charging at his prone victim...

"BAH GAWD!"

It's with vicious force that Umaga crashes into Eugene, his neck snapping back on the bottom turnbuckle. J.R. is going crazy, demanding Umaga stop, while a remorseful sounding King asks for help from backstage.

Finally, Estrada leads Umaga away, happy that for the second week in a row his savage beast has almost decapitated a member of the Raw roster. Umaga and Estrada make their exit to a chorus of boos as we cut backstage...

To what appears to be the trainer’s room. A groggy looking Carlito, bandage on his head, is helped to his feet by Torrie Wilson. As Carlito and Torrie make to leave, an even groggier looking Ric Flair is helped into the room, two random backstage workers under each arm, slowly sitting Flair down on the trainer's table where Carlito once sat...

Carlito: Man... ju' OK Ric? Ju' don't look too good man.

Ric Flair: Uh... what?

Flair almost loses his balance, the trainer checking him over barely managing to keep Flair sat upright...

Carlito: Wow Ric. What happened to ju' man?

Ric Flair: What happened? Those two punks Haas and Benjamin. That's what happened to me.

Carlito: Why ju' goin' into fights with two guys man? Carlito doesn't think dat's cool.

Flair is handed an icepack which he presses against his forehead...

Ric Flair: What did you say?

Carlito: Carlito said why ju' pickin' a fight with two guys?

Flair drops the icepack, managing to raise himself up slightly from the table...

Ric Flair: 'Cos I am Ric... Flair! You understand me?! I'm the sixteen time heavyweight champion! And I never backed down from a fight in my life!

"Wooooos" can be heard from inside the arena...

Carlito: Hey, Carlito understand dat'. Dat's cool and all but... dat's not very smart.

Ric Flair: Yeah, well bein' smart was never my strong point.

Carlito winces in pain as he goes to leave the room while Flair re-applies the icepack to his skull...

Ric Flair: Hey! Carlito... I just wanna tell ya' man... earlier tonight, you and Masters... that was a hell of a fight you showed tonight. You should be proud of that.

Carlito: Thanks. Thanks man. Hey, listen... anytime ju’ feel like gettin' back at Benjamin and Haas... ju’ let Carlito know. Carlito got jur’ back.

Ric Flair: Thanks man. That's cool.

Carlito: Ric... don't steal my line.

Flair has a quick laugh to himself, before wincing in pain as the trainer goes back to work.

We quickly cut backstage to see WWE Champion John Cena again walking down a corridor. Cena arrives outside a door, pauses... and tentatively knocks on the door. A "Come in." can be heard from inside, so Cena swings open the door... and enters the office of Mr. McMahon himself. Jonathan Coachman is still there, but Cena blanks Coach and heads straight for McMahon...

John Cena: You wanted to see me?

Mr. McMahon: Yeah, yeah that's right Cena I do wanna see you. I wanna ask you what the hell you think that little conversation you and Rob Van Dam had earlier was all about?

Cena shrugs...

John Cena: It was just two competitors jawin' at each other a lil' bit. Nothin' more, nothin' less.

Vince McMahon: Oh that better be all it was Cena. Let me make one thing perfectly clear to you. I don't want Rob Van Dam or Bobby Lashley anywhere near the WWE Championship. Do you understand that?

John Cena: God, Vinny... I never knew you cared.

Laughs from inside the arena, but McMahon is not impressed...

Mr. McMahon: Don't play games with me Cena.

John Cena: Alright. You wanna cut to the chase, let's do that. Van Dam said that if he beats Lashley tonight he's gonna challenge me for the WWE Title. You know me Vinny boy, I never step away from a fight, and I NEVER back down from a challenge.

Mr. McMahon: Well this is one challenge you're gonna have to step away from.

John Cena: And why is that Vince? Because you want me to take on Bobby Lashley instead?

Surprised, McMahon fumbles his words for a second...

Mr. McMahon: Whadaya mean by that?

John Cena: Man, don't give me that crap Vince. I heard what you had to say to Lashley earlier tonight. He kicks the livin' hell out of Van Dam tonight, you're gonna make things... "comfortable for him". That’s what you said, right?

Realising he's been caught out, McMahon pauses, choosing his words carefully...

Mr. McMahon: Well... uh... I never actually said I'd give Lashley a title shot-

John Cena: (Interrupting) And I never said that to Van Dam either. Hell, if Lashley wins tonight and he wants to step up and challenge me... I got no problem putting my title on the line against him either.

Mr. McMahon: Well be careful what you wish for Cena... you just might get it.

Cena smirks and walks off, leaving the camera focused on McMahon, whos mind it seems is once again working away on how he can turn tonight's main event to his advantage, before we fade into commercial...

*Commercial*

When we return...

*HELL WILL BE CALLIN'...*

Much like it has been since he won the ECW Championship, it's a mixed response for Bobby Lashley, with the Real Deal ignoring the spattering of boos to walk down the ramp with a smile on his face, before getting into the ring and raising his ECW Championship high in the air...

Jim Ross: Here comes Bobby Lashley, his debut match here on Monday Night Raw.

Jerry Lawler: And you have to wonder what is going through Lashley's mind right now. I mean, he was made an offer by the boss to take out RVD tonight.

Jim Ross: I know Lashley ain't the kinda guy to do something like that. Bobby Lashley is a great athlete, a great competitor, he doesn't need to be swayed by Vince McMahon. I'm sure Lashley will go for the win, but he's not gonna come out here lookin' to seriously injure a fellow human being.

Jerry Lawler: Well I hope your right.

*ONE OF A KIND...*

The biggest pop of the night is saved for Rob Van Dam, who confidently steps out of to the ramp, where he poses and does his thumb taunt while the crowd cheers "Rob... Van... Dam!". Van Dam swaggers down the ramp, and as he gets in the ring, he and Lashley briefly go nose to nose before Van Dam jumps to the second rope...

Jim Ross: Last week, Rob Van Dam returned to Raw and he made a huge splash by laying out Mr. McMahon.

Jerry Lawler: And I think it was pretty clear to everyone that Van Dam returning and attacking poor Mr. McMahon like that kinda took the shine off of Bobby Lashley's announcement that he too had signed for Raw.

Jim Ross: Business is about to pick up in this one...

Main Event: Non Title Match
ECW Champion Bobby Lashley vs. Rob Van Dam

Despite both men being faces, it’s clear that the crowd favourite is Van Dam. Consequently, Lashley heels it up in this match, using his size and power to his advantage. The opening minutes sees both men trading moves, with Van Dam knocking Lashley down with a spinning wheel kick, while Lashley fires back by catching Van Dam off a crossbody and countering with a fallaway slam. The two continue to trade blows, until Lashley pushes Van Dam into the ropes, only for Van Dam to hang on. This prompts Lashley to charge, but when Van Dam low bridges the top rope, Lashley goes crashing over the top rope to the floor. Frustrated, Lashley gets back to his feet, only to see Van Dam flying through the air with a plancha, knocking Lashley back down. Van Dam quickly slides back into the ring and does his thumb taunt, with the crowd chanting “Rob... Van... Dam!” as we head to commercial.

*Commercial*

As we return, Van Dam stays in control, dropping Lashley with a jumping roundhouse kick before coming off the ropes with rolling thunder... but Lashley gets his knees up! Van Dam is left crumpled in pain, grasping at his ribs, and Lashley is quick to take advantage of this, snapping off a backbreaker and following by driving RVD to the corner. A series of hard Irish whips cause more damage to the ribs, and Lashley gets a long 2 count from an overhead belly to belly suplex. The focused attack continues, with stiff forearms to the small of the back and knees to the gut, before a painfull gutbuster gets Lashley another near fall.

Frustrated at being unable to put Van Dam away, Lashley ups the ante, nailing a series of vicious powerslams and suplexes, but time after time Van Dam kicks out at 2. Frustrated, Lashley pushes Van Dam to the corner, but when he follows in for a clothesline, Van Dam avoids the contact, quickly springing to the top rope... twisting crossbody... but Lashley catches Van Dam on his shoulder... and nails the dominator!! It's gotta be over... 1... 2... thr- no!! Somehow Van Dam gets his shoulder up! Lashley can't believe it, but the cheers of the crowd quickly turn to boos. It soon becomes apparent why, as the camera pans to the entrance ramp... to see Mr. McMahon and Jonathan Coachman walking towards the ring!

Lashley is clearly not happy to see either man make their way to the ring, but he looks to ignore their presence and carry on with the match... Van Dam catches him with an inside cradle... 1... 2... Lashley kicks out, and he quickly hammers the spine of RVD. On one side of the ring, Coach has for some reason jumped up on the apron, while over in the corner, Mr. McMahon has grabbed a chair... and he slides it to the feet of Lashley! Lashley looks down on the weapon, unsure of wether or not to use it. McMahon however has no such doubts, and he screams at Lashley to nail Van Dam with it. Lashley picks up the chair, with Van Dam struggling to get to his feet...

"He's not gonna use that is he?"

Lashley holds the chair in his hands, the ref oblivious to all that's going on, Van Dam having made it to a knee. In one ear, the crowd screams "No!", while in the other, Mr. McMahon screams "Do it!! Hit 'em with it!". McMahon now stands up on the apron, pointing at Lashley, screaming at him to smash Van Dam’s skull in. Lashley stares at the chair... then at McMahon... and then at Van Dam... before hoisting the chair in the air... and launching it at Mr. McMahon!! The crowd pops, as Lashley defies 'The Boss'. Lashley, with Vince falling off the apron, landing on his ass on the floor. Furious, McMahon is quickly back up to shout again at Lashley, who turns back towards Van Dam, slugging a boot to the midsection, when another commotion can be heard... it's John Cena!! The WWE Champion races down the ramp... and pulls Coachman off the apron! Coach is taken by surprise... and then Cena drops him with a huge right hand!! Coach is down, and now Cena turns his sights to Mr. McMahon. The Chairman of the Board sees Cena coming though, and as Cena chases McMahon around the ring, Vince makes it to the bottom of the ramp and takes off, Cena in hot pursuit.

Back in the ring, Lashley watches Cena and McMahon leave the area... but he doesn't see... Van Dam is back on his feet behind Lashley! Lashley turns... and it nailed by a jumping roundhouse kick! Quick as a cat, Van Dam springs to the top rope... and launches himself... FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!! RVD connects, hooks the leg... 1... 2... 3!! Van Dam pulls out a huge win

Winner: Rob Van Dam @ 11.08

Jim Ross: Van Dam wins! Rob Van Dam just scored a win over the ECW Champion!

Jerry Lawler: Yeah but... Mr. McMahon! He just got hit with a steel chair!

Van Dam struggles back to his feet, the toll of the match evident for all to see. He uses the ropes to hold himself up, and the camera focuses on Van Dam's face as he stares up the ramp. The camera now cuts to Cena, who watched the ending from up top. Cena smiles, before making the three fingered salute and then pointing it straight at Van Dam...

Jerry Lawler: And what d'ya make of that J.R.? Does that salute from Cena mean what I think it means?

Jim Ross: I think everyone in this arena is wondering the same thing. Will we see Cena and Van Dam going at it for the WWE Championship?

The crowd is still electric at the sight of the staredown between the two. It's not a hateful staredown, more one of respect. The camera continues to switch between shots of Cena's and Van Dam's faces... and then it focuses on Lashley, his head bowed on the apron, slamming his hands off the canvas in disbelief at how he managed to lose that one. The camera switches back to Van Dam, before we see Cena raise the WWE Championship high in the air, with the final image of the night as we fade to black is that of the WWE Champion looking down the ramp at what could be his next challenger... and in the background, the ECW Champion, who had victory snatched away from him.

*End Show*

Current Card for WWE Royal Rumble:
Date: January 28th 2007

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Finlay

30 Man Royal Rumble Match:
Winner has automatic title shot at EITHER brand’s Champion at WrestleMania XXIII:
Entrants in Alphabetical order:

Mr. Kennedy, Umaga

iMac is offline   Reply With Quote