Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official BTB Discussion Thread

135K views 2K replies 118 participants last post by  Nige™ 
#1 ·
~ No spamming
~ No arguing
~ Under any circumstances, NO "WELL EXCUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!"
~ You can discuss other BTBs here, it's fine. Don't shill your BTB needlessly, however
~ If you have a question regarding "What Should You Do," just go with your gut instinct
~ Do not discuss the Tournament here. There's an official discussion thread for that purpose.

Post away.

#380 ·
re: BTB Discussion Thread - July/August 2010

I quite like the sleeper as its old school, but maybe thats a bit why it doesn't suit Ziggler greatly, although I must say he has done well in solidifying it as his move now on Smackdown and the booking of him with it has been wise, however if you want to change it then maybe I'd suggest a Fujiwara armbar variation.

#400 · (Edited)
Re: BTB Discussion Thread - July/August 2010

Abe Washington would work really well as the mouthpiece for a big, intimidating guy with little to no mic skills, imo. It's worked plenty of times before (well, the main example for me would be Estrada/Umaga, take that how you will), and frankly, Washington's clearly got some skill on the stick, so he'd be ideal as a manager. You could... also use him in... a General Manager position... I suppose... :side:

At the risk of getting the gimmick of "that Tahoma guy" (or as jobber Stoj eloquently put it, "Tahomasexual") around here every time the font discussion comes up, TAHOMA RULEZ!!!!!!!1!1

And plus, who will keep up MrMyKalz' legacy if I cease to use the font? :p Ah well, use what ya want. But I agree with Power, Georgia feels pretty stale to me.

#404 ·

Would be different, anything can work just needs to be executed properly.

Just do as you feel, don't do a gimmick just because we like it etc.

Though if you do want a legit gothic character please bring back Kevin Thorn, always thought he was underused.

#439 ·

Anymore... It doesnt matter to me anymore. Ok... I am sorry. I apologize sincerly. I admit, I really was excited over this tourney bc it was my first and all but that doesnt matter. Get well soon Dubya!

But perfect poster, you can kiss my ass dude
:lmao

Anyways, while watching HardCORE Justice atm, has there ever been any readable/successful retro ECW BTBs that were out there?

#458 ·

I remember some years back it was absolutely flowing with new threads, cause if I am not mistaken there was no thirty day rule back then.

I'd post in mine, go for about two hours and come back to see my thread on page three.

#459 ·

I remember some years back it was absolutely flowing with new threads, cause if I am not mistaken there was no thirty day rule back then.

I'd post in mine, go for about two hours and come back to see my thread on page three.
Yeah man. Those were hectic days. I remember the same would happen to me, and I'd be on the third page because some noob decided to post 4 new threads, along with the updates and spam in other threads. The former mods cracked down on that, which is a relief.

I actually thought the section was gonna pick up a couple of weeks ago, but I guess there's no summer rush this year. I've seen a bunch of good threads lately though. The quality is definitely getting better or so I hope.

#463 ·

I think the people BkB named are all above average. And having writers like Jae and KOP getting in the mix again certainly doesn't hurt. Plus, there are the ones out there with potential. I like reading those threads because some of the ideas are good. Execution may not be that great, but it takes time. It took me three or four terrible threads before I got to the one that was even worth reading.

Oh, and Stoj, I got your message. I totally forgot to reply, but yeah, it's all good man.

#555 ·

Monty Brown, Chris Harris, Petey Williams, Apolo, Christopher Daniels, Matt Bentley, Chase Stevens (Douglas retired).

berrysi covered it with that Wiki link. There's some very useful workers there, but if you're going with a WWE thread the only one I'd reccomend for a big push would be Monty Brown.

#556 ·

Monty Brown, Chris Harris, Petey Williams, Apolo, Christopher Daniels, Matt Bentley, Chase Stevens (Douglas retired).

berrysi covered it with that Wiki link. There's some very useful workers there, but if you're going with a WWE thread the only one I'd reccomend for a big push would be Monty Brown.
To be honest, if you're going with a WWE thread, you're better off using Bentley. It's a much easier sell in that environment to get Shawn Michaels' cousin over than Marcus CorVon, the man who sounds like a fifties washing powder.

#622 ·

jerry........ Jerry......... Jerry............

I joke, seriously though, no need for all the drama, though it has been fun to read if I'm honest about it!

I miss this place LOL
You should make some drama of your own... in your thread.
When you have a chance of course

#653 ·

No offense meant Shocker, but I think 9 is a good number of matches to have for a PPV. Sometimes you just have so many different fueds going on and you just might need that many matches. I would of always liked to see WWE do more matches cuz they don't use a lot of their star power on the PPV's.

And OML, what I suggest you do is just take your time writing the show out in full. Maybe you won't get the PPV done soon, but so what? If you have time constraints, you can just take as much time as needed. As you said, you wanted to impress people. So, start impressing :D

#688 · (Edited)

Because his is unrealistic perhaps?

Brock Lesnar still wrestling despite retiring at Mania? Check.

Goldberg, same thing. Check.

The Rock wrestling? Check.

Kurt Angle wrestling despite being injured/taking time off? Check.

"It's okay to be a little bit unrealistic. Everyone makes decisions that are a little bit far-fetched, but it's not really a big deal as long as it's not absolutely crazy and is still fairly achievable"

I'll give The Rock, he might have wrestled another PPV. The others were NOT achievable. How am I being a "realism Nazi" when you justify me complaining about it with your own post? Angle, injured, so not achievable. Goldberg already decided to quit months prior, not achievable. Lesnar, same thing, wanted a new career despite the WWE offering him new deals, so not achievable. I don't mind little things not being realistic. Hell, you can even make a case for pushing Christian = unrealistic, which is ofcourse lame. But these are big things that have a huge impact on how you BOOK shows. 4 big names still wrestling....?

I also mentioned the other guys' thingy with a new promotion by Heyman with wrestlers under TNA or WWE contract and retired wrestlers who would NEVER return for such a promotion.

@Stoj, I'm not saying you're not booking, you're just doing whatever the hell you want. If you're going to ignore injuries and retirements, go crazy then.

#690 ·

:lmao you take it too seriously. Realism in BTB means that you don't have Brock Lesnar or John Cena in a 1997 BTB. BTB is all about doing things different, your way to what the WWE or whatever company you are writting did at that time.

You can pretty much do what you like, if Stoj wanted to bring in AJ Styles he probably could think of a backstory and it would be doable. You make your own world in BTB.

If he wanted to have Brock still wrestle and not go to NFL that he tried otu for at the time then he can.

#725 ·

:lmao you take it too seriously. Realism in BTB means that you don't have Brock Lesnar or John Cena in a 1997 BTB. BTB is all about doing things different, your way to what the WWE or whatever company you are writting did at that time.

You can pretty much do what you like, if Stoj wanted to bring in AJ Styles he probably could think of a backstory and it would be doable. You make your own world in BTB.

If he wanted to have Brock still wrestle and not go to NFL that he tried otu for at the time then he can.
It's funny you mention that, because I've got a cool idea where AJ Styles debuts in the WWE and on his first night... HE WINS THE RUMBLE!!!

Welcome back, Dubbya.

#691 ·

Sigh.

I asked earlier on if people value realism here and I gave an example of what I mean by realism. Now I'm a Realism Nazi that wants everything to be picture perfect. Whatever. I'll just put it this way; MY OPINION is that I want to read something that's slightly realistic and I said WHY. Apparently all of you don't mind Samoa Joe becoming the Knockout's Champion, because "it's your world", and that's FINE. However, I still don't see how Brock Lesnar in 2004/2005/2006 etc is any different from Cena in 1997. Both are basically impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.