Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official BTB Discussion Thread

135K views 2K replies 118 participants last post by  Nige™ 
#1 ·
~ No spamming
~ No arguing
~ Under any circumstances, NO "WELL EXCUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!"
~ You can discuss other BTBs here, it's fine. Don't shill your BTB needlessly, however
~ If you have a question regarding "What Should You Do," just go with your gut instinct
~ Do not discuss the Tournament here. There's an official discussion thread for that purpose.

Post away.

#116 ·
re: BTB Discussion Thread - July/August 2010

I think with videos if you are going to sign an Indy Talent that your readers might not know, then I don't see the harm in posting a highlight video of them. Or if your doing a WWE fed and you can find a FCW video of a developmental worker your promoting...then posting it would help us know them more.

That being said, the entrance videos and stuff may be a little much.

#117 ·

I don't know Caesar, I just like the idea of a fresh new month. Maybe I'm just weird like that.

On another note, I think if you post a highlight video in a newswire post or something like that, it'd be perfectly fine. Even in the actual show is okay, but I've never been too fond of having videos posted in a show.

#118 ·

I used a hype video a few times for new talent or to hype up a wrestler in the main event but yeah, just describe the thing you want. Honestly videos can be a hassle, especially if the video is like four mins long, who wants to watch four mins of a video. And I'm with Crazian I like month by month discussion......so they will be missed :(

#119 ·

I have to agree with Crazian and RatedRKO because really, it just seems to me that is cleaner and a constant reminder of the rules when they click on each monthly thread. Plus... we will just have more off-topic discussion and people asking questions over and over like we do now, plus people (DC) pointing it out.

I say no, but I reckon someone can counteract my points :p

#120 ·

I haven't even been here for two months...Although I don't really see the prob with a long post because its not like I'm going back to read page 2 or 3 when we are already on page 22 you know. So If we are on page 222 I won't care if there is a page 49 I won't be going back to read it anyway.

#122 ·

Question. Is there something in BTB that you despise or hate doing, but have to do it anyways OR is there something you don't enjoy reading?

The thing I could never get myself to do is women's division wrestling. I could never make it interesting or appealing. I don't even enjoy writing it or even reading it. If the female is a valet, it's easier to work with, but the women's division altogether isn't something I'm fond of.

#126 ·

The thing I could never get myself to do is women's division wrestling. I could never make it interesting or appealing. I don't even enjoy writing it or even reading it. If the female is a valet, it's easier to work with, but the women's division altogether isn't something I'm fond of.
That is why I don't even have a diva's division that is why someone like GreenChad, I'm amazed he can keep producing so many shows about women wrestling. I hate it sometimes to be honest that is why all they do in my BTB is angles and valets. Easy peezy if you ask me like it better that way.

#125 ·

Having written a women's match for the KOTB's tournament, I can say that it doesn't bother me writing women's matches - I just run into times where I have a lack of ideas for the matches. *shrugs*

#127 ·

Goddamn, I think there are some AMAZING female talent out there. Kong, Del Ray, Serena, Hamada, etc...that said, I just can't be bothered writing out their shit and whatnot. Sorry, but dicks before chicks.

#128 · (Edited)

I don't mind writing for a women's division. (or when I finally get to finishing my first show anyways).. I think with a decent women's division. You can pull off some good matches and angles.

I'm hoping I can bring it back to what it used to mean, and don't see it as a waste of time.

#129 ·

Well, I like women and I like wrestling. Putting the two together is like eating a PB&J sandwich - you know it just fits, at least for me, as there are a bunch of guys *coughJPcough* who do not see it that way. I love challenges, and I was even thinking of creating an all-woman BTB, just because I can. Now, the matter of actually writing a show for it? A different one entirely. :p

As for what I hate reading/doing, I hate redoing and reading the same feuds I've seen with absolutely no differences. I hate Edge/Christian feuds, because I've read 'em far too much and they always end up becoming the same thing. I was gonna write one previously, but try to make it different. I also hate reading feuds with guys I do not care about - basically 75% of the roster in WWE and 90% of the roster in TNA. I also dislike seeing second and third generation stars with a rehash of their predecessor's gimmick. Come up with some new material, ffs. I'm guilty of it, we're all guilty of it.

#131 ·

Question. Is there something in BTB that you despise or hate doing, but have to do it anyways OR is there something you don't enjoy reading?

Tag Team Matches, definitely. I don't mind elimination matches, but plain ol' tag team matches are so boring to write. It's really hard to make them exciting.

Reactions: Crazian
#134 ·

I despise writing promos, because I'm very critical of myself when it comes to realism, and making sure I nail that character's mannerisims how they would speak. Commentary is sort of the same, although it's a bit easier.

#137 ·

Alright, is it bad that I've had 15 threads on here over the time and still haven't stuck with one? :p

Say nothing about the ideas that I've had and just never posted :D

But to answer, I really am not great at writing either. Hah. I've got good ideas but I just suck at writing :p Don't know exactly what to do, haha. I've got told that my ideas were great too, I just can't seem to capitalize on the ideas.

#143 ·

For women's matches, I always use to try to emphasize it more as it always felt like a sort of X-Division style of writing for me, just not as flashy. Also recently I been getting really into Manami Toyota matches from the time All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling was still running. Joshi puroresu really brings a different feel to the table which is really amazing, they have a lot of 5-star matches in joshi.

Alright, is it bad that I've had 15 threads on here over the time and still haven't stuck with one? :p

Say nothing about the ideas that I've had and just never posted :D

But to answer, I really am not great at writing either. Hah. I've got good ideas but I just suck at writing :p Don't know exactly what to do, haha. I've got told that my ideas were great too, I just can't seem to capitalize on the ideas.
Lol. I had that problem when I use to do BtBs. Probably didn't make that many threads, but I had tons of storyline ideas which a lot of the top writers at the time thought would be great. The problem though really wasn't might writing ability (though looking back at my old stuff now, I'd think it was bad just because of the age difference + I'm a perfectionist). The problem was actually the fact that I am a procrastinator and my mind was always coming up with new storylines, which made it hard to maintain threads.

I wouldn't really call it bad, just that if you are serious about doing one, you'll need to find a niche for you that you could keep coming back to because you are extremely connected to it. As for people that have my procrastinating problem, I'd think the best thing for them to do is to make a solid outline of what they want to write and then write out a good worth of stuff for the BtB before actually starting the BtB thread itself.

Reactions: Crazian and DTJ
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.