Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Legend Presents: WWE 2006 - Stop Your Grinnin' And Drop Your Linen

View Single Post

Old 08-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #560 (permalink)
Legend
I'M A WOLF BEAST GUY

Legend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Legend Presents: WWE 2006 - Stop Your Grinnin' And Drop Your Linen

Friday Night SmackDown! - May 12th, 2006; San Diego, California

…and this, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls… this is the inevitable.

Born In The USA

No fireworks, opening video, commentary…

Rey Mysterio enters, saying “hi” to a few workers, getting a phenomenal ovation from the arena audience - he carries his bags and the United States Championship, look extremely happy to be home in San Diego, coincidentally as he is on the roll of his life. After a few moments, Rey-Rey plonks his gear down, sighs happily, satisfied, a big smile on his face as he gazes around the room.

Rey Mysterio: Man… does it feel good to be home?

~ Chuckling, Rey sits down and begins going through his gear…

???: Having fun?

~ Mysterio looks up… to see Shane McMahon casually leaning in his doorway with a smirk on his face.

Shane McMahon:Let’s hope it stays that way.

*Ringside*

***I WALK ALONE***

Not smiling, looking as completely pissed off as ever, the former Worlds Heavyweight Champion of one full calendar year, ‘The Animal’ Dave Batista makes his way down to the ring, adorned in his navy trunks, all set for action. Big Dave sets off his thunderous pyrotechnics in the process, before stepping forward toward the ring, taking his time as always, fired up for this one…

Michael Cole: Anarchy is in the air as we continue to roll towards Friday Night SmackDown’s next Pay-Per-View, Judgment Day! Hello everyone, I’m Michael Cole, here alongside Tazz, and, partner, another chaotic night in store!!

Tazz: Absolutely, Cole. Tonight, not only are we gonna see the next match in the epic series between MNM and The Hooligans before they team up May 21st, but we got a United States Title Match and, kicking things off, the first ever ‘Belfast Brawl’ comin’ at ya!

Michael Cole: That’s absolutely right. The United States Champion Rey Mysterio will defend his title for the first time against the man he took it from at WrestleMania, and one of his THREE Judgment Day opponents, Booker T.

Tazz: And the other two men involved in that Contender’s Match at Judgment Day, ‘The Fighting Irishman’ Finlay and ‘The Animal’ Batista are about to kick us off here.

Michael Cole: Finlay’s been dogging The Animal for weeks now, but after the announcement last week and on wwe.com, the former World Heavyweight Champion gets his hands -- legally this week I hope -- on Finlay in a truly ‘Anything Goes’ environment, mysteriously named a “Belfast Brawl”?

Tazz: Well, if you ask me, Cole, anythin’ named after that neck ‘o the woods ain’t gonna be pretty, I’ll tell you that.

Deacon Dave is just about to climb the steps, when…

–FINLAY RACES UP, ATTACKING BATISTA FROM BEHIND WITH THE SHILLELAGH!!!

The crowd boos mercilessly, as the Irishman POUNDS on The Animal, angrily tossing his weapon aside, with referee Jim Korderas left with no other choice than to CALL FOR THE BELL!!

1 - Semi-Main Event; First Ever Belfast Brawl
Batista vs. Finlay

Finlay doesn’t let up one inch despite the bell ringing, continuing to pound away on the former World Heavyweight Champion; the Irishman still sporting a plethora of bandages from last week’s assault at the hands of The Animal. As is his trade, Fit Finlay uses the entire ringside area to his advantage, slamming Big Dave into the ring apron, before driving his ribs against the crowd barrier a few times and uppercutting the behemoth down to his knees!

After kicking ‘Tista in the face, Finlay tries to press his advantage, but The Animal reverses an Irish Whip, HURLING THE VETERAN INTO THE STEEL STEPS!! Batista then proceeds to dominate the Irishman, pounding him off the apron, before FLATTENING him with a brutal clothesline! They enter the ring for the first time in the contest.

Big Dave tosses Finlay around for a bit, bouncing him off the turnbuckle, before laying into him with typically rugged offence. The Animal sends Fit into the far corner and follows in -- Finlay catches him with a reverse elbow, before kicking Batista’s hamstring away from him, bringing him down to his size! The Fighting Irishman knocks Dave down before leaping across him with his Seated Senton, scoring a near fall!

Batista is quick to recover though, as he DROPS Finlay with a big right hand, before scooping him up onto his shoulder and CONNECTING WITH A POWERSLAM!! No cover. Finlay tries to beg for mercy, but The Animal HURLS HIM OUT OF THE RING!!

Now it’s Big Dave’s turn to use the ringside area to his advantage, SLAMMING the Irishman off every barricade in sight, before rolling him back inside the ring. As he tries to follow in though, Finlay leaps up, races forward, DROPKICKING Batista through the ropes back down to the floor!! The crowd groans but Finlay rapidly follows up, beating The Animal down on the outside, taking his head off with a nasty short-arm clothesline!

Finlay targets both the ribs and the left arm of Deacon Dave, using the barricade and the steel steps to weaken those areas. Batista is able to LIFT FINLAY UP and DRIVE HIM SPINE-FIRST AGAINST THE STEEL RING POST, but following in, Finlay moves, and Big Dave DAMN NEAR KNOCKS HIMSELF OUT COLLIDING WITH THE POST, as we cut to a commercial break.

Back from the break and Finlay is in control, wearing down Batista’s weakened arm in the ring. The former Worlds Champion tries valiantly to battle back, but Finlay cuts him off with a few stiff boots, before rolling outside, grabbing a Steel Chair, and CRACKING THE CHAIR OVER THE ARM/BACK OF THE ANIMAL!!

Finlay uses the chair on the arm in every conceivable way, before returning to the armbar, with Batista writhing in pain. He struggles into the ropes, f...trating the veteran Irishman, who begins to remove the turnbuckle padding from the nearby corner.

Batista tries to battle back, but Finlay grabs his arm, looking to whip The Animal right into the exposed steel -- BUT BIG DAVE REVERSES IT, AND FINLAY’S SPINE HITS THE STEEL BUCKLE!! Fit Finlay writhes in pain, AS ‘TISTA CHARGES -- NOBODY HOME - BATISTA’S ARM SMACKS THE STEEL AND HE COLLAPSES!!! Finlay makes the cover.

BATISTA STILL KICKS OUT!!

Finlay goes STRAIGHT back to the arm. He twists it, wrenches it, and SLAMS it off the Steel Chair a few times, with The Animal still refusing to give in.

After a while, Big Dave manages to power back up to a vertical base -- but Finlay quickly cuts him off, HURLING HIM SHOULDER-FIRST INTO THE STEEL RING POST!!! He attack the arm even more from that position, before stepping out onto the apron as The Animal staggers backward -- BEFORE SUDDENLY RACING FORWARD, SPEARING FINLAY OFF THE APRON DOWN TO THE FLOOR BELOW!!!

The Animal hammers the Irishman on the outside some more after that sick spot, with the crowd all fired up, bouncing the veteran off the barricades and the announce table, before sticking his head between his legs, LOOKING FOR THE BATISTA BOMB -- Finlay drops down to his knee - LOW BLOW!! He SHOVES BATISTA INTO THE STEEL STEPS!! After quickly rolling the monster back inside the ring, Finlay grabs a SHILLELAGH from under the ring and rolls back inside, making a beeline for his opponent -- BATISTA CATCHES HIM COMING IN, LIFTS HIM UP, AND DRILLS HIM WITH A SPINEBUSTER!!!

Getting himself all pumped up, ‘Big’ Dave Batista shakes the ropes, before giving the Irishman the thumbs down, signalling for that the end is near, as it’s Batista Bomb time. Finlay tries to scrambles over to his fallen Shillelagh, but The Animal viciously kicks it out of the ring, leaving the veteran in No Man’s Land. He sticks him between his legs, LIFTS HIM UP INTO THE AIR, GOING FOR THE DREADED BATISTA BOMB -- BUT FINLAY HITS HIM IN THE ARM ... WITH A DIFFERENT SHILLELAGH!!!

“WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM!?”

Michael Cole lets us know EXACTLY what he thought about that, as the previously rolling Animal collapses down to the mat in a heap, his left arm essentially now useless, allowing Finlay to turn around, and SMASH HIM OVER THE SKULL, THIS TIME WITH THE SHILLELAGH!!! Batista lights are TURNED. OUT, and Finlay doesn’t even bother with a cover, instead grabbing the longest reigning World Heavyweight Champion in WWE history, lifting him up, throwing the near 300-pounder over his shoulders, and DRILLING HIM INTO THE CANVAS WITH THE CELTIC CROSS!!!! Forearm in the face,

THREE!!!!!

Winner - Finlay via pinfall @ 12:21.

The crowd, understandably, is stunned, and boos the result wholeheartedly. Finlay is battle worn, and looks fairly surprised himself as he gets off Batista, has his hand raised, and rolls gingerly to the outside of the ring.

Michael Cole: Wow, can you believe this!? What a win for “The Fighting Irishman”! But for Batista, the rut continues.

Tazz: Unbelievable way to kick off SmackDown!, Cole, and big props to Dave Finlay. He showed us then just why he is one tough Irish Bastard. Easily his biggest win to date.

Michael Cole: Absolutely. And with Judgment Day coming up in less than three weeks, what kind of momentum does this give to Finlay? He now holds victories over no less than TWO of the three men he’ll be competing against in Phoenix.

Finlay knows it too. As he does the standard ‘belt’ taunt around his waist at the top of the ramp, The Animal writhes in pain in the ring, unable to believe his misfortune.

*Backstage*

Booker T sits, having seemingly taken over the entire room, dressed in a rather nifty white shirt and pants, leaning forward with his chin resting in his hands, as he watches the goings on in the ring via the monitor, listening to the commentary. A smile forms on the face of the five-time World Champion, as his eyes twinkle.

Booker T: (Softly) Bravo…. Fit Finlay. Bravo.

~ Booker continues to watch proceedings intently, as the camera pans over slightly to show his dutiful wife, Sharmell, in turn watching him with a smile.

{Commercials}

*Backstage*

Several doors are heard slamming as we return from the break, before we get a sight, almost identical to last week, as “The Animal” Batista storms through the corridors, still dressed in his wrestling gear, covered in perspiration, and sporting yet another wound across his cranium. He grabs a backstage worker as he passes by.

Batista: Hey, listen up – I know you’re not gonna want to give me a straight answer - (the kid gulps) so I’m gonna ask you to me one little favour, understand?

~ The young man quickly nods his head, trembling under Big Dave’s ferocious gaze, as The Animal leans in close.

Batista: When you see Finlay… you tell him I’m gonna tear him… apart. Got it? Good.

*Backstage*

Josh Matthews stands by with his two guests, Paul Heyman and “The Real Deal” Bobby Lashley, who wears a black ‘Dominator’ t-shirt, and a scowl.

Josh Matthews: Gentlemen, ton-

Paul Heyman: Ask and you shall receive, Josh. Ask… and you shall receive. But, you must understand, all good things come… to he, who waits.

~ Heyman folds his arms smugly.

Paul Heyman: Two weeks ago, the man who stands alongside me tonight – the one, true, honest force of… domination still left in this world – punched his ticket to Judgment Day, when he knocked off and extinguished the flame that was… Dave Batista. In doing so, he earned the right to face that gutless, hypocritical DINOSAUR… The Undertaker, once again, in any, I might add, match we choose.

~ Matthews looks at Heyman expectantly, but the agent merely glances arrogantly at his stoic client, who glares right back, unmoved.

Paul Heyman: Anaheim is neither the time… nor the place. But rest assured, it is coming. It could be next week… it could very well beJudgment Day itself, mere seconds before the match takes place. Make no mistake about it, Mr. McMahon did not specify when MYself and MY client had to divulge our chosen stipulation, and that, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes him… a great leader. He knows the inevitable when he sees it, and this(camera on Lashley) ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls… this is the inevitable. This is the last thing your precious Undertaker will ever see. This… is “The Real Deal”… Bobby, Lashley.

~ Lashley gives Josh a lengthy inspection, unsettling the young man. The Real Deal and Heyman then walk off coolly, as we fade away.

*Back to ringside*

Michael Cole: Welcome back to SmackDown, ladies and gentlemen. And we have been having another anarchy filled evening so far, and we’re not even half-way through the broadcast, can you believe that?

Tazz: You got that tight, Cole. We’ve only had one match so far and that was enough for three shows normally. Batista and Finlay beat the holy hell outta’ each other, and, apparently, Big Dave ain’t through yet!

Michael Cole: No doubt about that, Tazz. What does this mean for the contenders match at Judgment, or the United States Title match tonight? It could–

???: (Whistles)

Make it, the sixth straight week. Brent Albright’s familiar mug appears on the titantron, sparking a series of boos from the Californian natives, as the young powerhouse displays a marked change from last week. Gone is the anger, replaced by, it seems, a smug arrogance unprecedented even for him.

Brent Albright: To think…(scoffs, then chuckles a bit)I was … I was… worried.

~ Brent shakes his head, stifling more sblacks.

Brent Albright: “Big, bad Hardcore Holly”, huh? He walks ’round this place with the attitude of a main eventer, a superstar, when in actual fact; Bob, all you’ve ever been is a steppin’ stone for people like… me. Lemme’ translate. You’re nothin’ but the company doormat they lay out for the ones with… real talent.

~ Crowd boos

Brent Albright: Sure… I didn’t know that then. I mean, why would I? After all, I’m only a rookie… right, Bobby? So when ol’ Sparky – you remember that name, right? – decided to come out and stare me down with those mean granddaddy blues, hey, I’ll hold my hands up and admit it… a bead of sweat covered this brow.

~ Albright wipes his forehead, laughing.

Brent Albright: But that all stopped the second you tried to attack me from behind like a THIEF… and I still left you lyin’ on your back. How’d that feel, Bob? It feel good? I hope so, ’cuz we’re gonna do it all over again… at Judgment Day. Whaddya’ say, tough guy? Are you man enough to step in the ring… with “The Shooter” … … Brent Albright?

~ Smirking at his female associate, Brent adopts the usual stance.

Brent Albright: (Points finger at camera like a gun) Bang”.

~ He even blows on his finger this time for added effect, grinning confidently, before waltzing off screen with the blonde bombshell in tow. Boos are sprinkled across The Pond, with even a few, low level “You Suck” chants thrown for good measure…

***BLOOD, SUGAR, SEX, MAGIK*** “The Shooter” Brent Albright heads for the ring, even taunting a little tonight, showing the waiting Big Vito no respect whatsoever.

Tazz: Sorry, Cole, I know ya keep tellin’ me to get a grip, but I seriously dig this kid. Brent Albright, my man, lookin’ to go 6 and 0 tonight, baby!

2 - Brent Albright vs. Big Vito

You’d think with Big Vito being 6”2, 230lbs, thereby being Albright’s largest opponent so far, he’d be his toughest test, right? Wrong. It makes no difference. “The Shooter” is a strong son of a gun, and he knocks Vito off with the Half Nelson Suplex, Crowbar combo.

Winner - Albright via submission @ 3:02.

Another week, another Albright tick in the ‘Win’ column for Brent Albright. The young Oklahoman has his hand raised by the official, before parading around the ring exuberantly, asking the fans, “Where’s Bob, huh? I’m right here. Where’s he?” all the while being applauded by his enigmatic accomplice.

{Commercials}

*Cut to video*

Inter-cutting shots flash across the screen of a young superstar, clad in black trunks with shoulder length dark hair and a small beard. He stands in front of a blank screen, holding up his knuckles, adorned with the words, “D-R-U-G … F-R-E-E”…

???: I don’t drink …

Narrator: He is the most exciting superstar to ever hit professional wrestling …

- A shot of the man flying through the ropes with a topé suicida…

???: I don’t smoke …

Narrator: His skills range from Muay Thai Kickboxing to Brazilian Jujitsu …

- Shots of the man delivering scintillating kicks to his hopeless opponents…

???: I don’t do drugs …

Narrator: He’s been a champion everywhere he’s been …

- Shots of the man holding the OVW Championship aloft…

???: My only addiction is competition …

Narrator: He’s a “Straightedge Superstar” …

- More flashing shots of the man wowing crowd all around the world…

???: My name … is C … M … PUNK!!!

- Punk throws his hair back, looking into the camera with steely eyes…

Narrator: And he’s coming … to Friday Night SmackDown!

“CM PUNK - COMING SOON TO FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN!”

*Video Ends*

*Backstage*

Wearing jeans, a dark t-shirt, and a baseball cap, Hardcore Holly pads down the corridor, looking, unsurprisingly, none too pleased, especially when Steve Romero appears.

Steve Romero: Bob! Hardcore! Can we get a quick word please?

~ Holly stops, placing his hands on his hips

Hardcore Holly: What’s this about, Romero?

Steve Romero: Can we get your reaction to the comments of Brent Albright just now?

Hardcore Holly: My reaction? My reaction? My reaction’s the same as it’s always been. My foot goin’ straight up that boy’s ass, that’s what!

~ A smattering of cheers can be heard in the background, as Bob adjusts his cap, clearly a little bit flustered by this whole situation.

Hardcore Holly: But I’ll give him this. Boy’s got balls, he really does. He’s got the goods, surely. He’s beaten everybody that they’ve thrown his way so far, and… and he done put me on my ass last week, so he ain’t all mouth, that’s for damn sure.

~ Romero nods, as Hardcore rubs his jaw.

Hardcore Holly: But he’s sure got one hell of a big mouth, Romero, and there’s nothin’ I love more, than shuttin’ the oversized mouths of disrespectful, snot-nosed punks like Brent Albright with my fist! That boy’s dumb enough to challenge me to a match at Judgment Day? Well, who am I to deny him–

~ Holly stops, scowling, hearing some heavy breathing behind him … as he turns to see Brent Albright standing in his shadow, his lady on his arm.

Brent Albright: Don’t mind us, Bob. You were saying?

Hardcore Holly: (Not taking his eyes off Albright) Who am I to deny a rookie the biggest ass-kickin’ of his soon to be abrupt career… Steve?

~ Romero nods nervously, as Albright smirks.

Brent Albright: Well… well, I guess we’ll see at Judgment Day, won’t we, Bobby? Just make sure you’re there, old man… just make sure you’re there. I’ll handle the rest.

~ Albright and co. smile and saunter away … leaving Hardcore glowering after him…

*Backstage*

Once again, we’re with the man who challenges for the United States Title later, Booker T, who is now in his gear, pulling on a knee pad… until the World Heavyweight Champion EDGE enters the fray, alone, looking mighty chipper. Book flares up.

Booker T:The hell do you want, man? Didn’t I tell yo’ punk ass las’ week? We don’t want NUTTIN’ to do wit’ you, ya dig? I-

Edge: (Smiles) Relax. I come in peace… uh… man? Is that right? Doesn’t matter. I just wanted to come here and wish you good luck for your match tonight. Not that you need it, of course. Doing it solo should be no problem for you, right?

~ Edge holds his hand out… but Booker just stares, dumfounded, at the Rated R Superstar, as though he misheard him.

Edge: (Wincing) Ooh, you did know that Shane’s banned all ringside presence, right? ‘Cause of the “Batista and Finlay situation”, he says.

~ Booker’s reaction suggests he was oblivious to said stipulation; Edge frowns.

Edge: My bad. Sorry, bro. I’ll get outta your way.

~ The Champ exits swiftly, leaving Book looking around, simmering with rage.

*Ringside*

***BORN NAUGHTY***

Before our next main event match can begin, we are joined by not only the WWE Tag Team Champions, The Bluebloods, William Regal and Paul Burchill - dressed immaculately in dark suits, with their title belts adorning their shoulders – but also their partners for Judgment Day, Doug and Danny, The Basham Brothers, who follow the Englishmen down the ramp in jeans and shirts. The four men are roundly booed as they head around to ringside to join Cole and Tazz. They take position on either side of our announce table, each man pulling on a headset.

Michael Cole: We’re being joined here by the WWE Tag Team Champions, Regal and Burchill, as well as their… teammates, for Judgment Day at least, The Bashams.

Tazz: Welcome, gents.

Michael Cole: We learnt just last week that these four men alongside us would join forces to take on the unlikely quartet of the two teams we are about to see in action, former champions MNM, and the team some say The Bluebloods robbed at WrestleM–

William Regal: Robbed, Michael? An Englishmen never resorts to American skulduggery.

Michael Cole: Well, be that as it may, gentlemen, many critics have commented on the way you won those belts you hold now – using them as a weapon back on April 2nd to win the deciding fall in that elimination match.

~ Regal chuckles, shaking his head.

William Regal: Indeed. And these same “critics” you so boldly cite, Michael, were they privy to our championship retentions since that splendid evening?

Michael Cole: … Of course … but--

Tazz: Gotta apologise for Cole, fellas.

Michael Cole: What are you talking--

William Regal: Not at all, Tazz, not at all. No need to apologise. One merely has to block the irritating sound of Mr. Cole’s shrill voice, that’s all.

Tazz: Hey, maybe I should try doin’ that, Bill. Ya think?

~ Regal smiles, but doesn’t seem too impressed.

William Regal: “William”, if you don’t mind, Tazz.

Tazz: Oops. Sorry.

3 - Semi-Main Event; Tag Team Match
The Hooligans vs. MNM w/Melina
*WWE Tag Team Champs The Bluebloods, & The Bashams, are on commentary*

Considering you’ve got two of the best young teams in the WWE going at it, with, seemingly, a hefty amount of time at their disposal, we understandably get a our second cracking bout of the evening, though a much different one to the tandems two previous meetings at No Way Out and SNME, with MNM now rocking the tweener roles in the current tag team climate. However, Mercury and Nitro do control the majority of the contest, grounding the high-flying duo successfully.

The match runs long, as PAUL LONDON AND JOHNNY NITRO control the ring as we return from a commercial break.
The two men tussle in the centre of the ring, exchanging holds on their feet and down on the mat, with both wowing the crowd with a series of flips and nip up reversals, smooth and crisp as you’re likely to see anywhere. Eventually though, it’s the larger Nitro who gets control with a side headlock, which London quickly breaks by shoving Johnny into the ropes. Nitro knocks London down with a quick Shoulder Block, but coming off the ropes again – London rolls on to his front and Johnny skips over him - Paul goes for the leap frog -- CAUGHT IN MID-AIR WITH THE POWERSLAM!!

NO!

London quickly kicks out, as Nitro turns and races into the ropes once again -- but London is back up, and ...hes after him, catching Nitro with a knee to the gut as he turns!

Grabbing Nitro’s head, London takes him across the ring, SLAMS it off the turnbuckle, before tagging in Brian Kendrick, who immediately springs up top. London holds Nitro in place, as Spanky DROPS THE HAMMER across the A-lister from a great height! London exits and Kendrick lays into Nitro with a few forearm shivers, before sending him into the ropes -- where Mercury makes a quick blind tag -- but Nitro reverses the Irish Whip, and as Spanky comes back, Nitro races past him -- MERCURY CATCHES HIM - Nitro runs, leaps, SPINGBOARDING OFF THE ROPES WITH A KICK RIGHT TO KENDRICK’S FACE AS MERCURY HELD HIM!!

After scoring a near fall, Mercury quickly tags Nitro back in, CATAPULTING SPANKY RIGHT INTO A FOREARM SHOT TO THE FACE, before dropping him down across his knees, allowing Nitro to SLINGSHOT HELO RIGHT ONTO THE SUSPENDED KENDRICK!! The crowd applauds the synchronicity of the former tag team champions, as they swagger about arrogantly, before remembering about the cover.

NO!

They quickly sends Spanky into the ropes, but he holds on to the top rope.
Mercury races in, but Kendrick ducks down, and BACK DROPS HIM TO THE OUTSIDE!!!

London tags himself in, as Nitro quickly grabs Kendrick, going for the Irish Whip. Spanky reverses it, and both Hooligans catch the A-lister with boots to the gut on the way back. Nitro doubles over and London hits the ropes, runs, and LEAPS OVER WITH THE SUNSET FLIP -- SPANKY CONNECTS WITH THE DROPSAULT!!

NO!!

Nitro barely kicks out, but the crowd is loving this, as London quickly drags the pretty boy up, leading him across the ring.

Tagging in Spanky again, London twists Nitro’s arm, as Kendrick goes up top for the MUSHROOM STOMP, before they sends Johnny into the ropes once again - drop toe hold from Kendrick -- LOW DROPKICK TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE HEAD FROM LONDON -- LOW DROPKICK TO THE LEFT SIDE FROM SPANKY, ROLLING NITRO ONTO HIS BACK -- LONDON USES KENDRICK AS A VAULT, CONNECTING WITH A SHOOTING STAR PRESS ON THE A-LISTER!!! Kendrick covers!!

NO!!

“Oohs” and “aahs” ring around the arena, as The Hooligans hurriedly ...h back to work.
Kendrick holds Nitro and tags London back in. London goes for a kick, but Nitro manages to fend him away into the ropes, as Spanky grabs him in the rear wasitlock. They jostle for position, as London THROWS A SUPERKICK -- BUT NITRO DUCKS, AND HE WIPES KENDRICK OUT INSTEAD, TURNING HIM INSIDE OUT!!
Using this, Nitro finally MAKES THE TAG TO MERCURY, who comes in all fired up, taking down both Hooligans with clotheslines, before heading up top, and WIPING SPANKY OUT WITH A HUGE MISSILE DROPKICK!!
With Kendrick out of the picture, Mercury quickly grabs London from behind, and DUMPS HIM ON THE BACK OF HIS HEAD WITH A HUGE GERMAN SUPLEX - WITH A BRIDGE!!

NO!!

SPANKY SURVIVES YET AGAIN!!

Growing f...trated, Mercury pulls Kendrick back up and tries for the Irish Whip into the corner. Spanky reverses it though, and Joey hits the turnbuckle. Kendrick races in -- Mercury quickly elevates him up and over, where he lands on the apron. Joey turns -- BIG FOREARM TO THE FACE!! The former tag team champion staggers away, as Spanky grabs hold of the top rope, leaps up, and SPRINGBOARDS OFF THE TOP ROPE WITH A CROSS BODY RIGHT ONTO MERCURY!!

NO!!

This time it’s Mercury who kicks out, and Kendrick turns around … KICK TO THE GUT -- CORKSCREW NECKBREAKER FROM NITRO!! Nitro now leaps up … CHICKENWINGED BY LONDON – RIGHT DOWN INTO THE FACEBUSTER!!!

The crowd is on their feet, as London quickly grabs the legal man, Mercury, goes for the Irish Whip -- but Joey reverses, and WIPES LONDON OUT WITH A BIG BOOT TO THE FACE!! Exhausted and not the legal man, Mercury slumps against the ropes for a moment, until he sees his partner, Nitro, stirring, and has an idea.
Grabbing Kendrick, Mercury drags him over to one of the turnbuckles, as Nitro begins to climb, getting set for the CORKSCREW MOONSAULT -- but London races in, SHOVING JOEY INTO JOHNNY, CROTCHING NITRO ON THE TOP TURNBUCKLE!! Nitro slumps, and London dumps Mercury to the outside, before he and the now lively Spanky begin to get Nitro in position, up top, FOR THE SUPER SLICED BREAD/POWERBOMB COMBO -- but Nitro fights it, kicking London away, and KNOCKING KENDRICK ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE FLOOR BELOW!!
It’s just Nitro and London now. Paul races in – BUT EATS A FOOT TO THE FACE, KNOCKING DOWN!! Nitro immediately turns, leaps up top, COMING OFF WITH THE CORKSCREW MOONSAULT -- BUT LONDON GETS HIS KNEES UP!!

This time it’s London’s turn to scramble to the top rope, with Nitro down and out below him, and he IS ABOUT GO FOR THE 450 SPLASH--

BUT THE BELL SUDDENLY RINGS, SIGNALLING THE TIME LIMIT HAS EXPIRED!!!

Winners - The Hooligans and MNM fight to a Time Limit Draw @ 20:00.

Understandably, the crowd is pissed. Boos greet the initial result, before they gradually transform into overwhelming applause for the four men.

Michael Cole: Listen to the respect from this sold-out crowd!!

Tazz: Oh, wow! That was one hell of a match, baby! These four guys just beat the hell outta each other, they just went at it for twenty-minutes of non-stop action, folks, and it was all about respect. You gotta, uh, respect that, guys?

William Regal: Absolutely. Perhaps there is hope for those four vagabonds after all. That really was something quite special, Tazz, quite special indeed. Excuse us a moment.

Regal, Burchill, Doug and Danny remove their headsets, stand, and… applaud along with the rest of the arena the efforts of the two teams. In and around the ring, the four men, Paul London in particular, stare, perplexed, at their Judgment Day opponents, grimacing in pain and fatigue, but soaking up this ovation nevertheless…

*Backstage*

The Cruiserweight Champion Jamie Noble exits his locker room, dressed to compete, in his black and white trunks, title belt around his waist. He is, seemingly, about to head for the ring … until a group of security guards approach him … with Kid Kash. Noble furiously makes a move for his nemesis, but the entourage stands firm.

Kid Kash:Woah… (backing up, nervous) hold ya’ horses there, Jamie. Don’t cha’ even wanna here what I’ve got ta’ say? See, I brought these fellas with me to make sure none of your usual… shenanigans went down, understand? What I’ve got to say is way too important for that.

~ Kash pulls out a piece of paper.

Kid Kash:This here document – signed by both McMahons – states that, until Judgment Day, there is to be… no physical contact whatsoever between yours truly… and ol‘ Jamie.

~ Boos can be heard in the background, as Noble’s eyes flitter vaguely over the form that “The Notorious K.I.D” is holding up. Kash smiles through his shades.

Kid Kash:Don’t be like that. (Folds it away) It’s for the best, I’m sure.

Jamie Noble: (Coldly, quiet) For you maybe.

Kid Kash: Jamie… that hurts. I’d hoped… (removing shades) I’d really hoped we were past all this. What’s done is done. I beat your ass for months on end – you got lucky at WrestleMania. Why not call it even before someone really gets hurt? Ya’ see, ol‘ Double K doesn’t get personal… he gets physical. (Shades back on) Good luck out there, buddy.

~ K.I.D smiles, twirling his moustache narcissistically, before nodding his head at the security guards around him, and they move on, leaving Noble in a steaming rage.

Michael Cole:The stakes have just been raised in this personal rivalry over the Cruiserweight Title, but will Jamie Noble be able to defeat Chad Dick, next!?

{Commercials}

*Cut to video*

Narrator:
No one gets out of here … alive…

- A guillotine rises into the air; flashing shots of Batista, Mysterio and ‘Taker…

Narrator:
How will we meet our fate? … …

- The blade falls as we see Edge spearing some poor bastard…

Narrator:
At the hands of an executioner? … …

- Lashley posing in the dark, killing someone in the ring; ‘Taker performing the throat slash, followed by the Tombstone…

Narrator:
At the mercy of a callous judge? … …

- Fading shots of Finlay, Albright, Kennedy and Kash doing their signature poses…

Narrator:
Or … at the throw of a switch? … …

- The guillotine blade becomes an electric chair, as Booker T poses in the darkness, followed by Matt Hardy, then a close up of the smiling, evil face of Kennedy, before we see him nailing the Green Bay Plunge…

Narrator:
Whatever the means … the time has come…

- Quick, flashing shots of Hardy posing, ‘Taker brooding, Batista hitting the Spinebuster, Lashley staring into the camera, and Rey nailing the 619…

“To face …”

- The guillotine comes crashing down through the screen.

“… Judgment Day.”

“WWE Judgment Day, May 21st, 8/7CT, live on pay-per-view”

*Video Ends*

*Back to ringside*

Michael Cole: Already Judgment Day is shaping up to be one hell of a show. (Video begins to play)But last week SmackDown!, ladies and gentlemen, we all witnessed first hand another shocking display from our very own, Mr. Kennedy…

*Cut to video*

- Back on last week’s SmackDown!, Mr. Kennedy makes his way down to the ring, with the mood of the video instantly darkening, as he brings that bloody microphone with him.

Mr. Kennedy:(Eyes closed)Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is scheduled for one fall with a twenty minute time limit,(smirks)just so I can give you all a little taste of what Matt Hardy can expect …(mouthing each syllable) … in six, teen, days at Judgment Day…

- After going through his usual routine, Kennedy is about to introduce himself, when his opponent for the evening, the loveable Funaki, actually interrupts the loudmouth.

Michael Cole: Thank God.

- Funaki didn’t do it to deliberately disrespect Kennedy, but rather just wanted to get on with the match, and the language barrier prevented him from fully comprehending the situation. Kennedy, however, doesn’t see it like this at all, even as the bell rings, beginning the match.

- Kennedy NAILS FUNAKI WITH THE MICROPHONE, and goes absolutely nuts on the poor Cruiserweight, WEARING HIM OUT WITH SHOT AFTER SHOT TO THE SKULL, BUSTING HIM WIDE OPEN!

- The undefeated Mr. Kennedy even PUTS HIS HANDS ON THE OFFICIAL, dumping the hapless Mickey Henson to the outside, as he delivers an eerie message at Funaki - but to someone else entirely…

Mr. Kennedy:(Breathing heavily) No one … no one … interrupts … (points) … me.

No one … (licks his lips) … messes … with me.

(Seething)No one does that…

…to Mister Ken - Na - Day.

- The video ends with Kennedy’s slow, deliberate walk back up the ramp, smiling to himself, as paramedics desperately tend to the bloodied Funaki, amidst boos.

*End video*

Michael Cole: Absolutely heinous actions from Mr. Kennedy, who isn’t with us tonight, but here, in this wwe.com exclusive {they … really shouldn’t air these ~___~}, here’s what he had to say for himself following that despicable act.

*Cut To Video - wwe.com - From Mr. Kennedy’s Home, Green Bay*

Instantly recognisable, Mr. Kennedy sits in a comfortable armchair dressed in dark t-shirt. In what could very be his own living room, Kennedy appears completely at home, legs crossed, as he smiles at the screen.

Mr. Kennedy: Now… now I’ve been called a lot of things in my lifetime. Smart. Witty. Good lookin’. Generous. Fair. But… but above all of those things, I’ve always liked to think of myself, to promote myself… as, quite simply, polite.

He takes a sip of water, mulling things over.

Mr. Kennedy: A decent human being. And a decent human being -- unless I’m very much mistaken – doesn’t interrupt one of his peers when he’s using the air time that he has worked so very, very hard to… earn. A decent human being doesn’t do things like that, and if they did… if they did, they would at least have civility in them… to apologise for their actions later on, instead of standing there… dumb.

KK scratches his head.

Mr. Kennedy: Now I don’t know what they taught you in Japan, Kurosawa, but you’re in America now… and in America, when you rain on another man’s parade… that guy? He’s not just gonna stand there and take it like some Sushi eatin’ sap. No, he’s gonna punch you right in your Pearl Harbour bombin’ mouth, that’s what an American’s gonna do.

Chuckling, Kennedy settles down.

Mr. Kennedy: So don’t… don’t ask me why I beat the crap out of Rashōmon like week. He had the nerve to interrupt me when I’m currently preparing for the biggest match… no wait, the biggest moment of my life come Judgment Day… when I finally get to end my first career… the career… of Matthew, Moore, Hardy.

Kennedy’s blue eyes twinkle.

Mr. Kennedy: Riddle me this, riddle me that… who’s afraid of little old Matt?

Admiring his own rhyme, KK adjust his tee.

Mr. Kennedy: Obviously -- after what I did to that boy two weeks ago -- obviously, not me. I was doin’ him a favour back then. I was giving him the opportunity, the chance, to leave after only one beating. There didn’t have to be more. I… I’m not a sadistic man. I don’t have some kind of sick, twisted, demented… blood lust.

Looking to his left, Kennedy directs our attention to the blood-stained microphone sitting on the table alongside him.

Mr. Kennedy: I like to keep this with me as a reminder. Not for me. I have it all (taps head)up here. It’s for all of you. All the other wrestlers, the guys in the back, the people in the crowd, and, most importantly, the viewers watching at home. This is for all of you. I am undefeated in over seven months of competition… yet you doubt me. Do you dare… do you DARE make the same mistake again, now?

He cocks his head.

Mr. Kennedy: I didn’t think so. Doubt me once, shame on you. Doubt me twice? Well, that’s just shame on me, isn’t it?

Rubbing his chin, KK frowns slightly.

Mr. Kennedy: Because I am not coming to Phoenix in nine days for titles, or Money in the Bank briefcases. I’m coming for blood. And, Matt? (Points at screen)I’m afraid it has to be yours. It didn’t have to be this way, if you’d just stayed at home, if you’d listened to what I had to say.

Shaking his head from side to side, he appears almost remorseful.

Mr. Kennedy: But now, Matt? But now? Reaper is callin’ your name just like he did your brother’s. It’s only a matter of time. It’s inevitable.

Sitting up, Kennedy leans forward on his couch, looking directly into the camera.

Mr. Kennedy: SmackDown isn’t big enough for the two of us, Matt. SmackDown is MY show now… SmackDown is MY time, MY home, and I am its future. Never pinned, never submitted, I have single handedly laid waste to all that has been placed before me, so what makes you think you’re gonna fair any better? At Judgment Day, my undefeated streak continues and your career… ends. Everything dies, Matt, and you’re no different. It’s YOUR turn next Sunday, at the hands of MMMMIIIIISSSSTTTTEEERRRRRR … KKKEEENNNEEDDDYYYY …

Getting up close with the camera, he spits with rage.

Mr. Kennedy: (Softer) Ken - Na - Day.

A smile forms on the face of the arrogant, platinum blonde narcissist, as we leave him fading away from his home, and the video.

*Video Ends*

*Back to Ringside*

In the ring Chad Dick warms up for his match, with his brother James rubbing lotion over him in a thoroughly disturbing manner, until…

“A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE”

A very good pop bursts out from the crowd, as the Cruiserweight Champion of the World, the rough ‘n’ tough “Pit-bull” Jamie Noble walks down the ramp, his countenance heavy with not only the usual intensity of competition he carries with him on a regular basis, but also the annoyance of, one assumes, what he learnt before the break. Stepping into the ring, ol’ Jamie completely blanks both Dicks, walks over to the ropes, mumbling something to Tony Chimel. The ring announcer quickly brings Noble a microphone, as the champion’s music fades, and he takes centre stage.

Jamie Noble: Now, ya’ know I don’t talk very much…

~ A few laughs from the crowd … but Chad and James continue oiling up…

Jamie Noble: Fellas… (not even looking at them) fellas, if ya’ll don’t stop doin’ that… I’m gunna have to force feed ya’ that damn oil.

~ OH!; The crowd loves this, as Chad drops the oil and makes a beeline for his opponent, needing to be restrained by his more level-headed brother.

Jamie Noble:Like I was sayin’, Jamie Noble might not talk very much, but after what I just heard backstage, I felt I couldn’t stay mute much longer.

~ The Cruiserweight Champion paces up and down the ring a bit, clearly still having to compose himself following his ‘meeting’ with Kid Kash.

Jamie Noble: Kash… (wincing, hating the name) I warned ya’, didn’t I?

~ Noble lifts his head so he is staring right us. He eyeballs the camera – however, his eyes don’t seem psychotic or anything, just very, very cold and calculating.

Jamie Noble: I told ya’, WrestleMania was about the title… and at Judgment Day Jamie Noble was gunna “hurt” you. That ain’t changed. It’s still the plan. This little… “no contact” clause you’ve got outta Shane and Stephanie is only gonna achieve one thing: it’s gonna make my sendin’ you to the next world… (stops, dead in his tracks) all the sweeter.

~ The Pit-bull almost smiles at the final statement, as though he were envisioning May 21st right then and there.

Jamie Noble:But now that I’ve got that off my chest–

~ Noble ATTACKS THE DICKS, KNOCKING THEM BOTH DOWN TO A HUGE POP!!

A “JA-MIE NO-BLE” chant starts in the male sections of the arena, as the Cruiserweight Champion grabs the stunned James Dick, races forwards, and HURLS him through the ropes, down to the floor outside like a sack of wet cement!! Noble dusts off his hands before heading straight back over to Chad…

???: Nobody move a muscle! Hold it right there!

~ Noble stops what he doing, puts his hands on his hips, and turns, allowing Chad to crawl for safety, as we follow Noble and the crowd’s gaze to see a furious looking Stephanie McMahon atop the stage, mic in hand, gesturing wildly.

Stephanie McMahon: One more move, Jamie, and you’ll be suspended without pay!! What the hell is wrong with you!?

~ Steph gets quite a mixed reaction, as Noble just laughs with disbelief, mouthing, “Kid Kash ring a bell, sweetie?” up the ramp.

Stephanie McMahon: It’s because of crap like that; that my brother and I felt we had to sign Mr. Kash’s rematch clauses, Jamie…

~ Noble cocks an eyebrow. “Clauses?”

Stephanie McMahon: You heard me right, Jamie. Clauses. As in there’s two of them. One you already know, and the second? To keep you in check, myself and Shane have ruled that in the event of a disqualification, the title… WILLchange hands! Now start the match!

~ Perhaps for the first time since her return to television, Steph gets showered in heat, as she shakes her head and storms backstage, leaving Noble staring after her with wide eyes, unable to quite believe what the hell he just heard. Meanwhile, Chad Dick sneakily slides back into the ring from behind…

4 - Non-Title Match
Cruiserweight Champion Jamie Noble vs. Chad Dick w/James Dick

The crowd alerts Noble -- AS CHAD RACES IN FROM BEHIND WITH A CLOTHESLINE -- WHICH NOBLE DUCKS -- AND APPLIES PAYDIRT!!! The crowd pops, as Noble wraps Chad up in the Guillotine Choke, getting a quicker than instant submission win.

Winner - Noble via submission at 0:14.

Tazz: (Laughs his ass off)

Michael Cole: Oh my! Did you see that!? Anarchy ensues! Jamie Noble just choked Chad Dick out in about ten seconds, even after what Stephanie McMahon just told him!

Tazz: I – I love this guy, Cole!

Michael Cole: ……………………..

Is Noble handed his title belt? No. He never even took it off. The Cruiserweight Champion still looks in a daze, as he slowly leaves the ring and heads back up the ramp to cheers.

*Backstage*

The woman we all just saw, Stephanie McMahon, dressed in her usual extremely low-cut business suit, walks dejectedly down the hallway, not looking pleased with herself, or proceedings at all. She passes a few backstage workers and can’t even bring herself to return their friendly smiles or nods. Rounding the corner, Steph’s eyes immediately roll and she mouths a quite obvious, “For fuck sake” … as John Bradshaw Layfield enters her path. Wearing a gray suit and holding his hat in his hand, JBL has a slight smirk as the interim GM approaches him.

Stephanie McMahon: Look, John. This isn’t the time or the place, and I’m really not in the mood for another one of our sessions.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Is that what you think this is? Just another weekly comedy segment for the boys and girls at home?

Stephanie McMahon: It’s starting to feel that way, yeah.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Take a look at my face. (Points) Am I laughin’? No. Are you? Not anymore. Tell me, boss, what’s so damn entertainin’ about that?

Stephanie McMahon: Usually, John… usually I’d disagree with you, because unfortunately for you there is something funny about seeing a pompous, stuck-up, overpaid jerk like yourself begging a businesswoman like myself. But not tonight.

~ JBL frowns at the list of insults.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Y’know… y’know, now that you mention it, this is comedy. I mean, hell, how is listening to the Billion Dollar Hypocrite not a laugh a minute?

~ A thin scowl forms on Steph’s face, as Bradshaw succeeds in getting under her skin a millimetre, and she struggles for a comeback.

John Bradshaw Layfield: (Grins) Well, there’s a first.

~ Bizarrely, JBL plonks his hat back on his head and turns to leave.

Stephanie McMahon: (After him) You’re never getting that title shot.

~ Layfield turns around.

John Bradshaw Layfield: We both know, Ms. McMahon … that I am.

Stephanie McMahon: Over my dead body.

Mr. Kennedy: I wouldn’t joke about things like that. Not in this business.

Stephanie McMahon: I’m not joking.

~ JBL blinks slightly, maybe thinking of something to say … but instead he just smiles, turns, and walks away again, whistling confidently.

Stephanie McMahon:(Calling after him) This has to end, John!

~ But all she gets is a nonchalant wave of the hand. Stephanie shakes her head ruefully.

{Commercials}

A video package plays recapping the feud between Booker T and Rey Mysterio so far, culminating with the footage of Rey-Rey defeating Booker at WrestleMania to capture his first ever United States Championship.

“CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKA?”

A tremendous amount of heat fills the arena, as, entering an arena all alone for the first time in a long time; Booker T waltzes out onto the stage. Dressed in his red trunks, The Book Man sets off his fiery pyro, before heading for the ring with a purpose. He forces the official to sit on the middle rope for him as he enters, before posing pompously to a ton of boos from this extremely partisan crowd.

Michael Cole: One word you cannot use to describe that man is humble. Yet that’s the word he’s been throwing around like candy these past few weeks. He thinks he’s the Uriah Heep of Friday Night SmackDown!

Tazz: Uh, well, I don’t know who that is, Cole, but I’ll tell you what, you might’ve been on Booker’s back all this time, but you can’t argue with results. This is a guy who’s won every single match he’s been in since WrestleMania. It don’t get much better than that.

Michael Cole: No, indeed. There’s no denying Booker T’s ability, or his credentials. He’s a five-time World Champion, a four-time United States Champion, thirteen-time tag champion. There’s no doubt about it; Booker T is one of the elite.

“BOOYAKA BOOYAKA 619”

Easily THE loudest ovation of the night fills the arena, as Rey Mysterio explodes out onto the stage, wearing his black gear and mask, the United States Title strapped around his waist. Rey-Rey slaps hands and touches heads with all of his loyal hometown supporters along the way down to the ring, where Booker waits impatiently, already complaining about something to the hapless official.

Michael Cole: Just listen to this ovation! The high-flying, the exciting, the swashbuckling, the exhilarating Rey Mysterio is here in his home town of San Diego, California; we are in 619 country tonight, but the question remains, will we get to see the real deal tonight? Will we get to see … a 6 - 1 - 9?

Tazz: Dial it up, Cole, this is awesome! You know Rey-Rey’s gotta be lovin’ this. His first ever title defence and it’s in his own backyard. Not ideal conditions for The Book Man, but it’s a title shot, so you gotta take whatever chance you get. Been lookin’ forward to this all week, Cole, and now it’s finally time.

~ The bell rings a couple of times, as Mysterio unstraps his belt, bouncing up and down on his toes a few times, and Booker shadow boxes.

Tony Chimel: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP!! (Crowd pops) Introducing first, the challenger … from Houston, Texas … weighing 250 pounds … he, is a FIVE-TIME WCW World Heavyweight Champion, and a former United States Champion … BOOKEEERRR T!!

~ Another loud reception of boos greets Booker, as he poses manically in his corner, talking trash nonstop as he does do.

Tony Chimel: And his opponent … from SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA (major pop) … weighing in at 175 pounds … he is the current United States Champion … REY MYSTERIOOOO!!

~ Mysterio receives another epic ovation, as he kisses his hands and points to the sky, ignoring the smack being verbally thrown across the ring at him. The referee takes Rey’s title, holds it up, hands it away, and calls for the bell.

Tazz: This is gonna be good.

5 - Main Event; United States Championship Match
Rey Mysterio defends against Booker T
{All ringside presence is banned}

Two big stars. One hot crowd. A title on the line. What more could you want from a main event? Booker T certainly agrees, as no sooner has the bell rung, HE CHARGES AT THE MAN WHO BEAT HIM AT WRESTLEMANIA -- BUT GETS CAUGHT WITH A DROP TOE HOLD, AND GETS CAUGHT UP ON THE MIDDLE ROPE!! Rey-Rey dials it up early, hitting the ropes … only for The Book Man to smartly roll under the bottom rope. Ignoring the heat, Booker takes his sweet time on the outside, testing the referee’s count, before finally re-entering the ring.

Booker easily overpowers Mysterio once back inside. He muscles him into a corner, before laying into him with all manner of right hands, chops, and boots, capping it all off with a twist of Rey’s arm, and a beautiful HOOK KICK right to the jaw!! Rey tries to battles back once Booker has him back up, and he uses his speed, turning, hitting the ropes, and racing back -- REVERSE ELBOW FROM BOOKER TAKES HIM BACK DOWN!!

Laughing, Booker grabs Rey back up, races ahead, AND HURLS HIM ON HIS FRONT UNDER THE BOTTOM ROPE -- BUT REY ROLLS THROUGH, AMAZINGLY LANDING ON HIS FEET!!

A fuming Booker T quickly leaves the ring … only for Rey to immediately slide back inside. Booker tries to re-enter -- BUT MYSTERIO DROPKICKS HIM THROUGH THE ROPES, KNOCKING HIM DOWN!! Rey leaps onto the apron, as Booker staggers back up, and Rey CRASHES DOWN ONTO HIM WITH A SEATED SENTON FROM THE APRON!!! In full control, Mysterio happily slaps hands with fans, before pulling a groggy Book Man up, and going for an Irish Whip -- only for Booker to reverse it, and REY CRASHES INTO THE BARRICADE!! Quickly regaining the advantage, Book rolls Mysterio under the bottom rope and begins to follow in -- KICK TO THE HEAD!! Booker is hung on the second rope.

Scrambling out to the apron, Rey-Rey grabs hold of the top rope, leaps up, and SPRINGBOARDS OFF WITH A LEG DROP RIGHT ACROSS THE BACK OF BOOKER T’S HEAD AND NECK!!! First cover of the match.

NO!!

Close. Rey pulls Booker back up and tries to send him across the ring, only for Book to reverse it. Mysterio stops himself from hitting the turnbuckle as he leaps up, looking for the HEADSCISSORS -- but Booker throws him off onto the apron!
Booker makes a grab for the smaller man, only for Rey to duck it, catching him with a shoulder to the gut. The former WCW Champion staggers away, and Mysterio springs up to the turnbuckle -- BUT BOOKER LUNGES, SHOVING HIM OFF!!
The momentum has drastically shifted, as we cut what should be our last commercial break of the evening…

Back from the break and The Book Man is well and truly in control with a rear chinlock down on the canvas, trying to wear the little man out. Rey battles back up through, laying into Booker, until the former 5-time World Champion quickly grabs his arm and hurls him across the ring with an Irish Whip. In races Booker -- foot up, but Booker catches it -- Mysterio CONNECTS WITH THE ENZIGUIRI, KNOCKING BOOKER ONTO THE MIDDLE ROPE!!

The crowd pops loudly, as Booker is in prime position once again, and Rey sees, turns, hits the ropes -- BUT BOOKER T FLATTENS HIM WITH A THUNDEROUS CLOTHESLINE AS HE RUNS BACK!! “Oohs” and “ahs” ring out, as The Book Man quickly scrambles across the ring to hook the far leg.

NO!!

Mysterio barely kicks out.

Rey rolls out of the ring, as both men catch their breath, before Mysterio climbs back up on to the apron. Booker cuts him off and tries to suplex him back into the ring, only for Mysterio to drop down behind him, sprint across the ring, and hit the ropes, flies back -- BAM! BOOKER TAKES HIS HEAD OFF WITH A JUMPING HOOK KICK!! COVER!

NO!!

Rey survives once again, as Booker hangs his head in dismay. He throttles Rey-Rey on the ropes for a while, drawing some more monstrous heat.

Duckin’ and divin’, juttin’ and jivin’, Book toys with his opponent some more, before deciding it’s time to put him away. Lifting Rey-Rey up, he places him on the top turnbuckle, before following him up, TRYING TO HIT A TOP ROPE BELLY-TO-BACK SUPERPLEX -- but Mysterio fights, and fights, and finally succeeds in knocking Booker back down, crashing to the canvas!! He gets back up, and Rey FLIES WITH A SEATED SENTON!!

Booker, in a daze, scrambles back up to his feet, as a hurt Rey Mysterio runs up to the ropes, and COMES FLYING BACK OFF THEM WITH A SPRINGBOARD CROSSBODY ONTO BOOKER!!

NO!!

Booker kicks out, but Rey isn’t finished there. He sends Book into the ropes and lowers his head – SUNSET FLIPS FROM BOOKER – REY ROLLS THROUGH, AND DELIVERS A SCINTILLATING KICK RIGHT TO BOOKER’S TEMPLE!!

NO!!

Mysterio drags Booker up and tries to send him into the corner, but The Book Man counters. Quickly, Rey-Rey tries to propel himself back over Booker’s head -- but gets caught IN AN ELECTRIC CHAIR!! Booker throws Rey down – but Rey lands on his feet, races off the ropes -- CAUGHT, SPINEBUSTERED DOWN INTO THE MAT BY BOOKER!!!

NO!!

Mysterio somehow survives.

After hammering away on Mysterio in the corner, Booker drags him to the middle of the ring, boots him the gut, doubling him over, turns, runs, hits the ropes, GOING FOR THE SCISSORS KICK -- NO, REY COUNTERS WITH A HEADSCISSORS, SENDING BOOKER INTO THE ROPES, WHERE HE GETS ALL TANGLED UP!! Another ROAR goes up, as Rey-Rey hits the hopes and FLIES back – GOING FOR THE 619 -- BUT BOOKER DUCKS UNDERNEATH IT, AND REY SWINGS, LANDS ON HIS FEET -- KICK TO THE GUT -- BOOKER GOES FOR THE SCISSORS KICK -- NO, MYSTERIO SIDE-STEPS -- HE CATCHES BOOKER WITH A SMALL PACKAGE!!

NO!!

How close what that!? Both men struggle up to their feet, with Rey quickly coming off the ropes -- RIGHT IN TO A BOOK END OUT OF NOWHERE!!!

THR– NO!!

MYSTERIO SURVIVES!!

The crowd breathes a huge sigh of relief, as Booker throws a fit in the ring, screaming in the referee’s face that “THAT WAS THREE! THAT WAS THREE!” Grabbing Mysterio by the mask, a raging Booker T yells, “YOU AIN’T NUTTIN’, REY-REY! YOU AIN’T NUTTIN’, YA HEAR ME!?” He SLAPS Mysterio across the face, and AGAIN and AGAIN, with the crowd all over him. Taking Rey by the arm, he quickly throws him into the near corner, before CHARGING IN -- BUT REY CATCHES HIM WITH A DROP TOE HOLD, AND BOOKER’S HEAD HITS THE MIDDLE TURNBUCKLE!!

He doesn’t have time to react though, as Mysterio hits the ropes, comes back, AND NAILS THE 619 TO BOOKER T, LAYING HIM OUT!!!

The crowd is at fever pitch, as Rey-Rey leaps up, SPRINGBOARDING OFF THE TOP ROPE WITH A BIG SPLASH RIGHT ONTO BOOKER, MAKING THE COVER!!!!

THREE!!!!!

Winner - Mysterio via pinfall @ 12:37. Mysterio retains United States Title.

As you’d expect, the building ERUPTS, as Mysterio successfully defends his championship in his home town!! Looking fatigued but undeniably elated, Rey staggers back up to his feet, has his hand raised by the official, and is handed his precious title belt.

Tazz: REY MYSTERIO WITH A HUGE WIN!!

Michael Cole: Oh my, what a match here on Friday night!! Rey Mysterio rising to the occasion, refusing to lose, showing that amazing will– HEY, LOOK OUT!!

FINLAY SUDDENLY CHARGES THE RING, SHILLELAGH IN HAND… but Rey quickly ducks underneath the swipe of the Irishman, dropping his title belt, rolling under the bottom rope and getting out of harms way!!

Michael Cole: It’s – it’s Finlay!! The man who defeated “The Animal” Batista at the start of our broadcast, and another one of Rey Mysterio’s opponents for Judgment Day…

Tazz: What the hell is Finlay–?

REY IS ATTACKED FROM BEHIND AND KNOCKED DOWN… BY EDGE!!!

The World Heavyweight Champion gets some THUNDEROUS heat as he viciously puts the boots to the man who challenged him last week!! Yelling away, Edge asks Rey, “YOU STILL WANT A PIECE OF ME, REY!? HUH!? DO YA’!?” Grabbing the smaller, exhausted man off the ground, The Rated R Superstar quickly tosses him back into the ring, where he struggles back up to his feet…

…AND IS DRILLED RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES BY FINLAY’S SHILLELAGH!!!!

“OH MY GOD!”

“C’MON, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!”

The commentators aren’t impressed, as a gloating, smug Finlay stands over the fallen United States Champion, smirking through his gapped teeth. Arrogantly, The Fighting Irishman raises his shillelagh into the air, garnering some more heinous heat from the San Diegans, as well as a slight, audible “BA - TIS - TA” chant.

Finlay looks over, as Booker T re-enters the ring, sharing the Irishman’s smile, as he looks down on the man who just defeated him yet again. After Booker mumbles something to him, Finlay drags Rey-Rey back up, holding him in place, as The Book Man… kicks him in the gut, hits the ropes, AND DRILLS MYSTERIO WITH THE SCISSORS KICK!!!

Booker teases doing the Spin-A-Roonie, but decides against it, and instead clambers back up to his feet, smirking down at his fallen foe. As the “YOU SUCK” chants ring out, Book looks past Finlay, outside the ring, to… the Worlds Champion.

Watching from half way up the ramp, Edge has a sick smile on his face, as Booker T takes a step back from Mysterio’s carcass, motioning first to Edge, and then to Rey, saying, “He’s all yours,” to the wary Master Manipulator.

Not having to think about it twice, Edge hurries down to the ring and rolls inside, staring down at The Human Highlight Reel like a piece of meat. He says something to Finlay and Booker, and his fellow villains each grab an arm of Rey, pulling Mysterio up like the sacrificial lamb he is, as Edge takes charge, SPEARING THE UNITED STATES CHAMPION IN HALF!!!!

Rey is thrown like a rag doll across the ring, as Edge remains kneeling like a predator for a few moments, admiring his handiwork…

Tazz: Talk about sending a message, Cole. Rey got in Edge’s face last week… and now he’s payin’ for exactly that. What comes around?

Michael Cole: This absolutely sickening! Both Booker T and Finlay are opponents come Judgment Day, and they could very well be Edge’s opponent too! Heinous, hideous.

Tazz: You heard the crowd chantin’ his name… but where the hell was Batista? Where was Rey Mysterio’s buddy?

Michael Cole: That’s what I want to know, Tazz…

As Edge rises, he, along with Finlay and Booker T, slowly raises his arms in to the air, filling the arena with heat, as their hometown hero lies a broken man before them.

END OF SHOW

Current Card for WWE Judgment Day
Date: May 21st, 2006
Event Music: Killswitch Engage; This Fire Burns

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
‘The Rated R Superstar’ Edge defends against Winner of Fatal Four-Way Match
{Shane McMahon is the special guest referee}

#1 Contender's Fatal Four-Way Match:
Booker T w/Sharmell vs. ‘The Animal’Batista vs. Finlay vs. U.S Chmp. Rey Mysterio
{Winner Faces World Heavyweight Champion in the Main Event}

WrestleMania Rematch; Stipulation TBA:
The Undertaker vs. ‘The Real Deal’ Bobby Lashley w/Paul Heyman

---

Grudge Match:
Mr. Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy

Friends Or Foes Challenge; Eight-Man Tag Team Match:
WWE Tag Team Champs. The Bluebloods & The Basham Brothers vs. The Hooligans & MNM w/Melina
{If The Basham’s, Hooligans or MNM win, they earn themselves a shot at the WWE Tag Team Championship; If The Bluebloods win, they name their next WWE Tag Title challengers}

Cruiserweight Championship Match; No Championship Advantage:
‘The Pit-bull’ Jamie Noble defends against ‘The Notorious K.I.D’ Kid Kash II

Singles Match:
‘The Shooter’ Brent Albright vs. Hardcore Holly