Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Legend Presents: WWE 2006 - Stop Your Grinnin' And Drop Your Linen

View Single Post

Old 06-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #527 (permalink)
PatMan
This ... is not meth...

PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500
Default Re: Legend Presents: WWE 2006 - Stop Your Grinnin' And Drop Your Linen

Backlash is going to be in FULL? Between this and Wolfy's WMXXIII, it's going to take me a while to process everything...

---

Final Card for WWE Backlash:
Date: April 30th, 2006
Event Music: Danko Jones; Baby Hates Me

7. WWE Championship; Do or Die Match:
‘The Wrestling Machine’ Kurt Angle © vs. ‘The Doctor of Thuganomics’ John Cena
(All parties are banned from ringside; whoever is the loser, he will never again receive an opportunity at the WWE Championship so long as Eric Bischoff is General Manager)

I'm kinda torn on this one. I think that Cena has way too much momentum to lose this one cleanly, so I don't think it's going to be a classic finish. Simply put, Angle can carry Raw while HBK/Cena happens. Therefore, Michaels returns and screws Cena, getting their feud back on track for the summer.

4. Steel Cage Match:
‘Mr. Monday Night’ Rob Van Dam vs.‘The World’s Largest Athlete’ Big Show
(The only way to win is via escaping the cage; if Rob Van Dam loses, he is banished from World Wrestling Entertainment forever)

The "banned from WWE" stipulation makes the build very interesting, but sadly it also makes the outcome predictable. I don't know how RVD is going to keep 'Show down long enough to escape, but it has to happen. This will probably continue past B'Lash, while Triple H gets ready to return.

6. THE NATURE BOY’S SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
After all the speculation, ‘The Nature Boy’ Ric Flair has promised us some answers

---

1. Intercontinental Championship Match; World Tag Team Champions Collide:
Shelton Benjamin © vs. Charlie Haas

Going out on a limb with this one. I think that whoever wins this match is going to make the Tag Title Match very tense. Put I'd love to see Haas get his first taste of singles gold, making him the "star" of the team, while Shelton slowly begins to resent that.

3. Money in the Bank Contract on the Line:
‘The Bad Apple’ Carlito (m) w/Chris Masters vs. Gregory Helms

I like seeing MITB defended, but Helms just isn't World Title material, at least not for a very long time. 'Lito is already an established heel, so he can move up the card with ease. This will be his first impressive win with the 'case.

2. Women’s Championship; Triple Threat Match:
Trish Stratus © vs. Mickie James vs. Victoria

Mickie needs to win the Belt going one-on-one with Trish, imo. Therefore, Victoria gets pinned by the Champion to remove her from the feud and allow Trish-Mickie to really get going.

5. World Tag Team Championship; Five-On-Two Handicap Match:
World’s Greatest Tag Team © vs. The Spirit Squad
(All members of the Spirit Squad are eligible; if any one of them pins either Haas or Benjamin, he will win the World Tag Team titles for his entire team)

Despite the way that Haas and Benjamin will feel about each other after their IC Title match, they will pick up the win. I don't see the 'Squad being out of the chase following this, but this will make the Shelton-Charlie dynamic just that much better, as they will know they can still win together.

Bonus Questions:

What will be the longest match?? (1 point)
WWE Championship Match

What will be the shortest match?? (1 point)
Women's Championship Match

Will there be any special appearances/returns?? (Predict one) (3 points for correctly predicting any correct appearance)
'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels

What will Ric Flair’s ‘Special Announcement’ be?? (2 points)
"I will NEVER retire!" ... and he wants #17

AS LONG AS IT MAY TAKE ... NOT REMOVING UNTIL
THE CHICAGO CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

PatMan Presents: World Wrestling Entertainment 2007
ROYAL RUMBLE HAS BEEN POSTED
THREAD CURRENTLY ON HIATUS ()