Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Legend Presents: WWE 2006 - Stop Your Grinnin' And Drop Your Linen

View Single Post

Old 08-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #153 (permalink)
Legend
I'M A WOLF BEAST GUY

Legend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Legend Presents: World Wrestling Entertainment

Okay, I'm back off holiday in earnest now so I should be able to get things up and running properly. Firstly I'd like to say a big thanks to Hataf (Apple Spitter), DDMac, Renegade, and PARANoIR for the wonderful Royal Rumble feedback. I really appreciate it, guys. I'm awaiting 'Gade's Survivor Series, DDMac's next Raw, PARANoIR's Out Of Exile, and I'm working hard to get up to date with Hataf's Wrestlemania. Thanks, guys.

This might have been unclear after the Royal Rumble, so I'll clear it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling Observer Newsletter

During the Royal Rumble match Chris Benoit re-injured his already fragile shoulder area, slipping a disc when being eliminated. It is initially thought that he will be out of action for up to and possibly over 8 months. This has scuppered the plans the WWE had for Benoit to face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, later turning heel as a result. Benoit's feud with Undertaker was expected to be a lengthy one, a dream feud of sorts. It was rumoured that, by the end of 2006, Chris Benoit would be getting another run with the World Heavyweight Championship.

With Benoit out of the picture the WWE has encountered the problem of what to do with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, since his match with Benoit was going to be a vocal point of the PPV. Names being tossed around now to replace Benoit are Randy Orton (in a rematch of WM21), Carlito, Ken Kennedy and Bobby Lashley. As of now Paul Heyman is campaigning hard for Bobby Lashley to be the one to get the nod. It is thought that a huge heel turn for Lashley and a manager could erase fears of his poor mic skills and turn him into a credible and long term rival for The Undertaker.

If this is the case though, the WWE must search for an angle in which to place Randy Orton. One possible solution would be to insert him in the Money In The Bank Ladder match, but the general feeling is that he is too big for such a match, and would instead benefit more from returning to his Legend Killer moniker. Names being mentioned include Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, Hulk Hogan (the odds on favourite apparently), and, strangely, Bret Hart.