Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Legend Presents: WWE 2006 - Stop Your Grinnin' And Drop Your Linen

View Single Post

Old 08-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #145 (permalink)
Apple Spitter!
You Don't Know What You're Talkin' About!

Apple Spitter! 8001 - 8500Apple Spitter! 8001 - 8500Apple Spitter! 8001 - 8500Apple Spitter! 8001 - 8500Apple Spitter! 8001 - 8500Apple Spitter! 8001 - 8500Apple Spitter! 8001 - 8500Apple Spitter! 8001 - 8500Apple Spitter! 8001 - 8500Apple Spitter! 8001 - 8500Apple Spitter! 8001 - 8500
Default Re: Legend Presents: World Wrestling Entertainment

Royal Rumble

The opening promo would've been much better than that, if you would have just kept the topic on Royal Rumble. I mean, it really wasn't more about 'Royal Rumble', but the wrestlers' flash-images were good that probably saves you here.
Rating: 7/10

Royal Rumble Qualifier
Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena

The length of this match was good in my opinion, but the flow wasn't 100% on the spot. Apart from the flow, I mean in the variety of moves, I personally wouldn't believe HBK going for a Hurricanrana at this age, but Cena countering that into a sit-out powerbomb was awesome. However, I think that you showed that move really weak because HBK kicked out real quickly. Anyway, after that move, the action picked up, and it went nicely. I liked the spot of Cena counters the SCM into spinebuster as well. Good creative counter. I also liked the spot when Cena went for the axe handle, but Michaels connected a SCM to him in the mid air. Perfect counter once again. Anyway, the match then continued, and the pace was just fine, which made the match exciting. I liked the finish as well because I think it is perfect to have Michaels getting pinned by a roll-up, not by Cena's finishing move because if Michaels would've gotten pinned by Cena from his submission move, then Michaels would have looked weak, but that wasn't the case here, which is definitely good.
Rating: 7.5/10

I didn't like the start of this promo with Vince and Eric, and that's only because you had Teddy Long there, but why didn't he say anything. He should atleast say something in my opinion, but anyway, JBL and Ric Flair really saved this promo. It looked awesome then. I mean, the confrontation between both of these superstars was brilliantly handled, but let me tell you one thing: I didn't really liked you throwing the usage of slangs for JBL because I don't think he uses them. But still, it was a good promo.
Rating: 8/10

Kurt Angle's promo was gold. He was spot on, and the intensity was there. Good promo to hype his feud with Triple H, which has turned out to be a personal and a heated rivalry.
Rating: 10/10

World Heavyweight Championship: Triple Threat Match
Batista vs. Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker

Anytime it looked like that the match will slow down, someone will make a come back or make a surprise to give the match it's pace again. I liked how the way you written the match. It was a good fast-paced match, and the match of the night so far. Randy Orton's tactics throughout the match were fine, and The Undertaker and Batista were fine as well. However, the first 5 minutes of this match was just messy brawl, hitting each other with punches, stomps, etc, which I didn't like. Apart from it, the flow was perfect. and so was the realism. Excitement factor was present there, and the length was just okay. Start of this match was just okay, but the middle and the finishing part of this match was awesome. The way you wrote this contest made me excited, and it was actually 100 times better than Michaels vs. Cena. Batista retaining the title wasn't a surprise to me though. One thing I don't like, is that you didn't have The Undertaker sit up like he does in his matches. Anyway, it was a good read nonetheless.
Rating: 9/10

I don't know why, but I can sense that John Cena might win Royal Rumble, and that's maybe because you're hyping him throughout the show? Anyway, this promo here was kept short, which is okay with me. Eric Bischoff was perfect here, whilst John Cena was just being okay. The promo itself was alright, nothing too fancy, but it hypes John Cena's character, Eric's feud with Cena, and the Royal Rumble match itself. By the way, I like that Bischoff took the liberty of picking Cena's number. I now believe that John Cena will come out in the first 5 entrants. I can't be wrong here.

I kinda miss Booker T after reading this promo. Mark my words: you captured Booker T amazingly here. You know, I read this promo (only for Booker's lines) 2 times, and that's only because Booker was being so good. Mysterio was just meh, but he didn't hurt the promo that much because you just didn't let him say anything more than a couple of lines. Nice promo to hype the Royal Rumble match even more, and by the way, I sense Booker T and Mysterio for the US Title for 'Mania.
Rating: 9/10

WWE Championship
Kurt Angle Triple H

I really liked the starting of this match, but then it got boring somehow. I mean, the way you written this was great, but I was just waiting for them to get into the ring, but they just brawled at the outside of the ring, which bored me. I was just waiting... waiting... and waiting for them to get into the ring. Anyway, apart from it, this contest wasn't really a classical match. It just had brawl, which hurt the flow time after time. Anyway, every other match so far in this Rumble is obviously better than this match in my opinion. I also didn't like the finish because you used the same finish in the first match as well. It had surprise, which is good, but the repititiveness ain't good. Excitement was there, only because of your writing, but the content was just boring (Only because they brawled each other at the outside of the ring most of the times in this match, which hurt the flow as well). Realism was fine, but I still don't like the fact, that they brawled each other at the outside for most of the time. Anyway, Kurt retains the title, but I still believe that Triple H will somehow get a main event at 'Mania. Let's see.
Rating: 6.5/10

The content in this promo was just okay, and nothing special, but the way you write things is good, which really made this promo special. I liked this promo, mainly because of Edge's lines. Edge was perfect, whilst Batista was just being Batista. Nice promo to hype Royal Rumble match, and probably an upcoming feud of Batista vs. Edge?

I didn't really like this promo, but the finish was interesting, which makes not me, but I'm sure everyone surprise. You know it, I'm sure that someone else is going to come out on Cade's number, and he might win it. Who knows? Okayish promo.
Rating: 5/10

Royal Rumble Match
Shelton Benjamin is fine to start with, but I don't think he's ready to win the Rumble yet. Cena as #2? Not surprised actually after his promo with Bischoff. It was clearly understandable that Cena will have a rough night: thanks to Bischoff. Anyway, they wrestle each other for 90 seconds nicely, and then outcomes JBL, who I don't think will win the Rumble, but he might last longer. I'm actually surprised to see Cena coming back, and taking down Cena with his right hands, and then a Freestyle. The way you write Cena, makes him look like a real Superman. Lol. Nitro is the next man in, and I thought the heels will double-team the faces, but I was wrong. Once again the action continues nicely, and Cena ONCE again dominates JBL, which I don't really like now cause it's making Cena VERY powerful. Anyway, Helms is up next, and then the action got better. I liked the double-teaming of Helms and Nitro, which didn't last long. And I also liked Shelton saving Cena with an amazing counter. Super Crazy's part with Shelton entertained me nicely. Anyway, here comes, uh, Eugene, and his part with Helms was okay, but then... Cena eliminates Nitro, which is good for the superman, but not for Nitro. Kane enters, and I liked the fact, that every wrestler stood tall against Kane, but Kane destroyed all of them, eliminating poor Crazy as well.

Kane's destruction then continues on Kane, whilst Helms eliminates Eugene. By the way, William Regal is still at the outside? I like it the way you're explaining that he's not entering because he's being nervous. Anyway, Mercury is in, while the stupidness of Gregory Helms cost him a chance to main event WrestleMania: thanks to Benjamin. The action was going okay, and then comes Haas, who slides Regal back into the ring, only to get eliminated by Kane. Haha. WGTT re-unites for the time being, and I'm surprised that they knocked Kane down. Carlito draws #12, and he SPITS the apple chunks right on the face of Kane? I'm surprised, but Kane soon takes him down, before handling WGTT. Mercury's out, and thanks to Kane, who then cleans the ring! Great way to show Kane's dominance. Chris Benoit is in, and I really liked liked the way he succeeded to take down Kane, but he sat up! Kane's just proving to be the real monster! Whoa, didn't really expect that! Kane gets eliminated by everyone! Great way to throw Kane out. Chris Benoit's dominance was amazing as well, and the Crossface is soon locked-in onto the All-American untill Striker is in!

Let me just you that Tazz's line before the action was gold. Striker then works on Cena, JBL takes down Cena, and Haas keeps Masters in the middle of the ring with the Haas of Pain, but Haas makes an error of letting it go, and Masters turns the things in a moment, applying the Masterlock on Haas now. Ric Flair is in, whilst Carlito knocks down Masters with a Back Cracker. Good thinking. Anyway, Masters is out next: thanks to Carlito. Haas gets eliminated now, but Shelton is the one who eliminates him? Great surprise. Kash is in now, and I liked his display as well. Didn't really expect Kash taking down Cena like that, which really, is good. JBL then takes down Shelton with his powerbomb, while Flair and Benoit have their moment by teaching Striker and Carlito with their amazing chops. Matt Hardy's in, and his part was done nicely as well, with him showing his dominance, whilst on the other side, Flair and Benoit go at it, and Benoit eventually gets the best of it, as he applies the Sharpshooter. Nicely done there. Mr. Monday Night, RVD draws #19, and he eliminates the schoolteacher, Matt Striker. Next up, is Finlay, and I liked the way you started his debut with him taking down Benoit with his weapon. It'd be enough for him to draw some heat, and it is actually a good start for him in this thread, but then... I didn't really like seeing RVD taking down Finlay, and that's only because Finlay is a debutant.

Anyway, the action again continues, and here comes Chavo, who shows a good display by taking down Kash and JBL. I don't know why, but I'm really liking that Kash is still there, taking down a former WWE Champ, Cena. London's in, and I liked his fast-paced dominance as well. The tower of doom moment was terrific, and then the RVD-Benoit moment was also great. I liked that Kennedy introduce himself before getting into the ring, and then him eliminating Chavo was perfect way to hype him. I'm really surprised to see the #1 (Shelton) and #2 (Cena) are still in here. Next up, is Conway, who doesn't do wonders anyway. JBL is out, thanks to Flair! I sense JBL coming back, and taking out Flair, and here he is: an already eliminated JBL... eliminating Ric Flair. Good way to start up a feud between these two, which looks promising. Mysterio is up next, and then the cruiserweights collide with each other untill Cena eliminates Conway. Kendrick is in now, but his partner gets eliminated by Mysterio, so now he will have to go alone. Kid Kash is then taken out by Cena, which is good seeing that Kash dominated Cena in this match early on. HBK?! Wow. Amazing. Loved the HBK hatred on Cena truly. Anyway, Lashley is in now, and he clears the ring, eliminating Kendrick. Lashley's powerful display was explained amazingly, with him taking down everyone. By the way, the mid air spear was truly phenomenal! Great 'Holy Shit' moment.

THE UNDERTAKER?? Wow. Great surprise again, and its good that he eliminates Lashley and Matt Hardy. Great part again, with you showcasing 'Taker's dominance on his other opponents.

Booker T's now in, and he eliminates Mysterio out of the blue. The luckiest superstar of the match himself, Edge enters, and throws out Kennedy, before he and Carlito align and take out Benoit. I don't like the fact that the debutant, Finlay is out already, but Cena eliminating him is good for Cena's character. And Cena then throws Booker out there as well. The action then picked up the pace, as the 6 men remain in the ring, battling out for the richest prize, and Edge throws RVD out. 5 men remaining now, and The Undertaker quickly throws out Shelton. Let me just say that Shelton DID do wonders in this match, and I now somewhat believe that he will recieve a good push in this thread. Final 4 now! I liked the unique double teaming of CCC and Edge on 'Taker and Cena, but then it gets broken down, as Edge tries to play possum with CCC, but CCC surprisingly comes back strongly, powerslaming Edge, but CCC is quickly taken to the outside: thanks to The Undertaker. Final 3 now, and we're close to the conclusion. Cena, Edge, and The Undertaker! Anyone can win this one! EDGE'S OUT! Wow! Didn't really expect that to come earlier! The Undertaker OR Cena are heading to Mania! Great action again, which continues for a couple of minutes, and the ending was filled with suspense. Amazing display once again by Cena, who eliminates Taker to win the RR. Great match, which had lots of excitement.

I'm taking out 2 points only because there wasn't any flow in this match up, and I believe that's not your fault. You see, it is impossible to have a flow in this type of a match up. Other than that, the realism, length, excitement: everything was perfect. By the way, I expect Michaels to get into the 'Mania main event as well, making it a Triple Threat or something like that because it seems so obvious.

Overall, it was a great read. Be proud of this, Jonathan.

------------------

------------------