Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #1004 (permalink)
El Conquistador
Veni, vidi, vici

El Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whore
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_G View Post
So what do you suggest that I should do?

Yes, I agree with that but that doesn't mean I shouldn't workout my arms just as hard. I usually do Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Back & Biceps and Legs on separate days. It's just that I can see gains everywhere but my arms take ages. I have only put on 1/2 an inch since about 6 months! Is this normal, considering that I go gym 4 times a week?

My nutrition is fine, I get 200 grams of protein in. Here is what I am doing at the moment;

Breakfast: 6 eggs, 2 wholemeal breads, oatmeal shake (250l of milk, 1 table spoon of peanut butter, 1 cup oatmeal, protein powder).

SNACK: Shake

Lunch: Whatever my mum made :P

SNACK: Shake

Dinner: Brown or white rice, with fish or chicken

on a workout day the dinner would come after my post workout meal which is usually a shake and pasta chicken or a shake and a baby chicken. By the way, does anyone know how much protein there is in a baby chicken?

The shake that I take is BSN True Mass. I have only been using it for 2 weeks and I am seeing really good gains with that. It's even made me stronger on my lifts.

The reps are usually 15, 12, 10, 8, and sometimes 6. Sometimes, if I am strong I'll do 12-15 reps on the first few sets but I'll simply keep going up in weight until I get to a point where I reach failure after 6 reps. As a rule of thumb I always try to do as many reps as I can do, if I can do 15 then I'll just put the weight back because it is way too easy. I would simply keep going up on weight until I can't handle it anymore and the next time I am in I'll start 5kg heavier than the time before.

I focus on a lot of different exercises, the three I mentioned are the bulking ones though that I can't do without.

Should I post my workout routine?
Stop dedicating hours upon hours towards arms. They get most of their size indirectly from compound movements.

Note that there's a difference between training to get bigger and training to improve a lift. Generally, reps above 5 are used to enhance muscularity while reps between 1 and 5 are used to improve a lift.

Fuck all the assistance work, too. Focus on the key lifts and don't focus too much effort on the rest. It's called majoring in the minors. It truly doesn't matter what you do for bicep curls as long as your barbell row is progressing from week to week or month to month (however you set your progression up).

You're training with the wrong purpose. Get on a program like Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, hit the GOMAD, or look into Madcows 5x5, Stronglifts 5x5, or even 5/3/1 though I am sure you'll get routine A.D.D. and switch from it to another program before you even see any results.

You're not going to get bigger or 'more muscular' if you're not adding volume. Increase your weight, increase your reps, or decrease your rest times. But I strongly suggest looking into one of the routines I mentioned above.
El Conquistador is offline   Reply With Quote