Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread
View Single Post
post #1002 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Big_G
Backyard Wrestling

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticksy View Post
You can't lose fat from a particular spot. Doing exercises to strengthen your core is a good thing as it can prevent postural problems and the like but you can't just do your abs, a little bit of cardio and expect to be ripped. Its just not going to happen.
So what do you suggest that I should do?

Quote:
Biceps and triceps are pretty small muscles in relation to your body anyway, focusing on getting big arms is such a douchebag way of thinking. You're not going to gain a large amount of muscle mass if you're not working much on your chest, back etc.
Yes, I agree with that but that doesn't mean I shouldn't workout my arms just as hard. I usually do Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Back & Biceps and Legs on separate days. It's just that I can see gains everywhere but my arms take ages. I have only put on 1/2 an inch since about 6 months! Is this normal, considering that I go gym 4 times a week?
Quote:

How're you going in terms of nutrition? A good diet is essential if you want to bulk.
My nutrition is fine, I get 200 grams of protein in. Here is what I am doing at the moment;

Breakfast: 6 eggs, 2 wholemeal breads, oatmeal shake (250l of milk, 1 table spoon of peanut butter, 1 cup oatmeal, protein powder).

SNACK: Shake

Lunch: Whatever my mum made :P

SNACK: Shake

Dinner: Brown or white rice, with fish or chicken

on a workout day the dinner would come after my post workout meal which is usually a shake and pasta chicken or a shake and a baby chicken. By the way, does anyone know how much protein there is in a baby chicken?

The shake that I take is BSN True Mass. I have only been using it for 2 weeks and I am seeing really good gains with that. It's even made me stronger on my lifts.

Quote:
Also how many reps do you do in each set? Do you focus any time on any other exercises than the 3 you mentioned?
The reps are usually 15, 12, 10, 8, and sometimes 6. Sometimes, if I am strong I'll do 12-15 reps on the first few sets but I'll simply keep going up in weight until I get to a point where I reach failure after 6 reps. As a rule of thumb I always try to do as many reps as I can do, if I can do 15 then I'll just put the weight back because it is way too easy. I would simply keep going up on weight until I can't handle it anymore and the next time I am in I'll start 5kg heavier than the time before.

I focus on a lot of different exercises, the three I mentioned are the bulking ones though that I can't do without.

Should I post my workout routine?

SuperStar of The Moment:
AJ Styles

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome