Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #3968 (permalink)
The REAL MP
Learning to break kayfabe

The REAL MP The REAL MP The REAL MP
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

MP’s Indy DVD Bonanza 2010: Chikara--The Mint Condition

The new Reading Coliseum looks a lot nicer (if not bigger) than the last. Mantis dubs it the Reading Superdome II.

The Colony vs. Lince Dorado, Pinkie Sanchez, & Daizee Haze: ***1/4
-Fun opener. Green Ant played a fine Ricky Morton. I don’t mind the non-finish because neither team could really afford a loss at this point.

Delirious vs. Player Dos: ***
-Good match, fairly methodical beginning. Loved Mantis on commentary here, as usual.

F.I.S.T. & The Badd Boys vs. Incoherence & The Osirian Portal: ***1/2
-Where’s Chuck Taylor? I fucking LOVE the Badds. Read this for some idea why: http://www.chikarapro.com/blog92.shtml. Not the greatest match, but it was a ton of fun. Glad to see they’re still doing this kind of silly stuff under the weight of the BDK angle.

Claudio Castagnoli & Ares vs. The Throwbacks: **1/2
-Pretty basic match. The Bruderschaft begins the march towards the Campeonatas.

Tim Donst vs. Player Uno: **3/4
-Good personal issue in this one detailed in Uno’s blog here: http://www.chikarapro.com/blog90.shtml. Quite a chubby matchup, if you know what I mean. This wasn’t as good as the Donst/Dos match, but it was okay.

Eddie Kingston vs. Turd Sauce: *1/2
-It’s “Tursas,” of course, but I lost my shit when Kingston said that on the podcast. I’m fairly torn on this. It was more of an angle than a match, but I’m rating it anyway because it was still a match.

Quackenbush & The Future Is Now vs. The Unstable & Brodie Lee: ****

-Interesting combination on the rudo side. This was the usual crazy Chikara multi-man match. It isn’t everyone’s style, but this was a very fine example of it. The Unstable looked really good for the time basically ever to me. A couple of dicked up spots threatened it, but I enjoyed this enough to go four stars.

Final Thoughts: Really good show here. The middle was a little soft, but the rest was rock solid and the main event was fantastic. If you’re a Chikara fan, I would definitely pick this up along with the season opener.

Next Up: PWG As the Worm Turns