Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #3968 (permalink)
The REAL MP
Learning to break kayfabe

The REAL MP should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsThe REAL MP should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsThe REAL MP should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

MP’s Indy DVD Bonanza 2010: Chikara--The Mint Condition

The new Reading Coliseum looks a lot nicer (if not bigger) than the last. Mantis dubs it the Reading Superdome II.

The Colony vs. Lince Dorado, Pinkie Sanchez, & Daizee Haze: ***1/4
-Fun opener. Green Ant played a fine Ricky Morton. I don’t mind the non-finish because neither team could really afford a loss at this point.

Delirious vs. Player Dos: ***
-Good match, fairly methodical beginning. Loved Mantis on commentary here, as usual.

F.I.S.T. & The Badd Boys vs. Incoherence & The Osirian Portal: ***1/2
-Where’s Chuck Taylor? I fucking LOVE the Badds. Read this for some idea why: http://www.chikarapro.com/blog92.shtml. Not the greatest match, but it was a ton of fun. Glad to see they’re still doing this kind of silly stuff under the weight of the BDK angle.

Claudio Castagnoli & Ares vs. The Throwbacks: **1/2
-Pretty basic match. The Bruderschaft begins the march towards the Campeonatas.

Tim Donst vs. Player Uno: **3/4
-Good personal issue in this one detailed in Uno’s blog here: http://www.chikarapro.com/blog90.shtml. Quite a chubby matchup, if you know what I mean. This wasn’t as good as the Donst/Dos match, but it was okay.

Eddie Kingston vs. Turd Sauce: *1/2
-It’s “Tursas,” of course, but I lost my shit when Kingston said that on the podcast. I’m fairly torn on this. It was more of an angle than a match, but I’m rating it anyway because it was still a match.

Quackenbush & The Future Is Now vs. The Unstable & Brodie Lee: ****

-Interesting combination on the rudo side. This was the usual crazy Chikara multi-man match. It isn’t everyone’s style, but this was a very fine example of it. The Unstable looked really good for the time basically ever to me. A couple of dicked up spots threatened it, but I enjoyed this enough to go four stars.

Final Thoughts: Really good show here. The middle was a little soft, but the rest was rock solid and the main event was fantastic. If you’re a Chikara fan, I would definitely pick this up along with the season opener.

Next Up: PWG As the Worm Turns