Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

616K views 6K replies 210 participants last post by  Platt 
#1 ·
#6,101 ·
JAPW – Season’s Beatings 2009

Corvis Fear vs. Sami Callihan - *1/2
If you do nothing in the match, no one cares about the draw.

Devon Moore vs. The Grim Reefer - *

JAPW Women’s Title
Sara Del Rey vs. Sumie Sakai - **

Un4given (Eddie Kingston & B-Boy) vs. Bandito Jr. & Azrieal - **1/4

The Hillbilly Wrecking Crew (Necro Butcher & Brodie Lee) vs. The H8 Club (Nick Gage & Nate Hatred) - **1/4
Nate looked legit brain-dead in this match. So glad he retired.

JAPW New Jersey State Title
Archadia vs. Rhett Titus - *1/2

Voodoo Kin Mafia (BG & Kip James) vs. The South Side Playaz Club (Mo Sexton & Joe Hardway) - *3/4

JAPW World Heavyweight Title
Dan Maff vs. Christopher Daniels - **1/2
Daniels half-assed it here and Maff was his usual boring self.

CZW – Déjà Vu 5

Alex Colon vs. Scott Reed vs. Ryan Slater - *3/4

CZW WIRED Title
Johnny Calzone vs. Drew Gulak - *
Not doing Gulak any favors with all of these boring bad title matches.

Tomasso Ciampa vs. Sabian - **

Niles Young vs. Devon Moore - **

Sami Callihan vs. Joe Gacy - **1/2

The Irish Drive-By (Rich Swann & Ryan McBride) vs. The Osirian Portal (Amasis & Ophidian) - **3/4

Light Tube Bundles Deathmatch
tHURTeen vs. Danny Havoc - *3/4

CZW World Heavyweight Title - No Rope Barbed Wire
Nick Gage vs. Jon Moxley - **3/4

#6,106 ·
With the WWE I often download allot but when it comes to indy, I often try to buy the show just to support the indy wrestlers. I mean I still get my lick of illegal material but you should always look out for those guys in my opinion.

#6,107 ·
I've never been much on illegally downloading anything. Not so much that i'm against it or look down on people who do it but going to the store usually takes less effort than searching the net from my perspective. Plus I don't want to deal with the unlikely chance i'm going to download a virus that is going to destroy my computer.

That being said I need to download an emulator and Earthbound on my PC.

#6,108 · (Edited)
I will admit that I download. I will also admit that at the last ROH show I went to on Saturday my broke ass still bought 2 second row tickets to the next show and 5 DVD's. Since 2007 I've probably bought 50 or so DVD's and dozens of live event tickets, a couple of shirts, a couple of beers after the show to carry around at all times to impress the wrestlers. I think I do my part pretty well.

#6,111 ·
He has a sale on now

IVPvideos Black Friday sale has arrived.

The biggest sale of the year has arrived at IVPvideos.com. From now until the end of November you can save up to 40% off of your entire purchase. It is real simple, for orders of $50 and below use the coupon code BlackFriday30 and you will receive 30% off of your entire order. If you spend more than $50 you can use coupon code BlackFriday40 and receive 40% off of your total purchase. It is as simple as that. I will be out of town for Thanksgiving weekend at the in-laws (Save me) so that is why the sale starts now.

IVPvideos.com has been operating since 2004 and currently has several thousand different DVDs in stock. No matter what you are looking for IVPvideos.com is your number one source for Japanese wrestling on DVD. Thanks, any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to email me at IVPproductions@aol.com.

#6,113 ·
Looks like ROH are stocking new PWG again they've just put The Curse of Guerrilla Island up for sale. Great news if they release new ones from now on saves me ordering from Highspots.

Also Allied Forces is up for pre-order as a 2 disc set with the Joe/Punk trilogy on the 2nd disc.

The two disc set featuring the entire "Allied Forces" event from Dayton, OH on October 15, 2010 featuring a tremendous match for the World Tag Team Titles as The Kings of Wrestling defend vs. Christopher Daniels and Davey Richards. Included as a special bonus disc is the entire Joe vs. Punk Trilogy feauring all three World Title Matches between Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk from 2004.
This title is scheduled to begin shipping on December 7th!!!

Disc 1- Allied Forces- Dayton, OH 10/15/10
1. Mark Briscoe vs. Mike Mondo
2. Daizee Haze vs. Lady JoJo
3. Trial Series Match #1- Andy "Right Leg" Ridge vs. Colt Cabana
4. Kevin Steen and Steve Corino vs. Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole
5. The Metal Master vs, Ricky Reyes
6. Jay Briscoe vs. Rhett Titus
7. Kenny King vs. Homicide
8. World Tag Team Title Match: The Kings of Wrestling vs. Davey Richards and Christopher Daniels

Disc 2- Joe Vs. Punk- The Trilogy
1. ROH World Title Match: Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk- "World Title Classic" Dayton, OH 6/12/04
2. ROH World Title Match: Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk- "Joe vs. Punk" Chicago Ridge, IL 10/16/04
3. ROH World Title Match: Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk- "All Star Extravaganza II" Elizabeth, NJ 12/4/04
*also includes several prematch and post match interviews

#6,115 ·
Our “Pre-Thanksgiving Sale” is now posted and available exclusively at ROHWrestling.com. This sale is very simple. ALL in stock Ring of Honor DVD’s from 2002-2008 are on sale for the low price of $10 each. On top of that, take an additional 20% Off Your Order which brings the cost down to the low price of only $8 PER DVD!!!

TAKE 20% OFF YOUR ORDER!!!

To redeem your 20% Off Coupon please follow these 2 simple steps:
1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohwrestling.com
2. Enter the coupon code: nov20 into the box marked Discount Coupon Code when you are going through the checkout process. You MUST then hit the “apply” button to the right of the code in order to attach the discount to the order.

* Tickets for the following events are NOT included in this sale and
can’t be discounted: “Final Battle 2010″ New York, NY 12/18/10,
Atlanta, GA on 4/1/10 and 4/2/10, Los Angeles, CA 1/28/11, and
Louisville, KY on 12/9/10 and 12/10/10.
** DVD Subscription Packages and Gift Certificates can NOT
discounted.

RING OF HONOR DVD’S ON SALE FOR $10 EACH!!!

EVERY in stock ROH DVD from 2002-2008 on sale for only $10 each.
Click HERE to see all the titles included in this sale.

Also included in this offer are the following titles from 2009:
-Full Circle 1/16/09 (Nigel McGuinness vs. Tyler Black; Bryan Danielson vs. Jimmy Jacobs; Jerry Lynn vs. Austin Aries; Jay Briscoe & Roderick Strong vs. The American Wolves; Delirious vs. The Necro Butcher)
-Injustice II 1/17/09 (Nigel McGuinness vs. Tyler Black World Title Match; Bryan Danielson vs. Jerry Lynn; Roderick Strong & Erick Stevens vs. The American Wolves Lumberjack Strap Match; Austin Aries vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Jimmy Jacobs)
-Motor City Madness 2009 1/30/09 (Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The American Wolves World Tag Title Match; Nigel McGuinness vs. Jay Briscoe; Tyler Black vs. Jerry Lynn; Brent Albright vs. Claudio Castagnoli; Bryan Danielson vs. Rhett Titus)
-Caged Collision 1/31/09 (10 Man Steel Cage War featuring Brent Albright, Roderick Strong, Jay Briscoe, Erick Stevens, & Ace Steel vs. Sweet N’ Sour Incorporated; Nigel McGuinness vs. El Generico ROH World Title Match; Austin Aries & Jimmy Jacobs vs. Bryan Danielson & Tyler Black)
-Proving Ground 2009 Night 1 2/6/09 (Tyler Black vs. Davey Richards; Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Dark City Fight Club, Nigel McGuinness vs. Brent Albright; Bryan Danielson & Jerry Lynn vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Delirious; Necro Butcher vs. Austin Aries)
-Proving Ground 2009 Night 2 2/7/09 (Bryan Danielson vs. El Generico; Nigel McGuinness vs. D-Lo Brown ROH World Title Match; Tyler Black & Necro Butcher vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Delirious, Davey Richards vs. Kevin Steen)
-Eliminating The Competition 2/27/09 (World Champion Nigel McGuinness defends his title against Tyler Black, Jimmy Jacobs, & Jerry Lynn in an Elimination Match; Necro Butcher vs. Brodie Lee in an Anything Goes Street Fight; Chris Hero & Eddie Edwards vs. Jay Briscoe & Kevin Steen)
-Stylin’ & Profilin’ 3/13/09 (“Nature Boyâ€� Ric Flair makes his Ring of Honor debut; Nigel McGuinness vs. Brent Albright ROH World Title Match; Tyler Black & Jerry Lynn vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Delirious; Bryan Danielson vs. Bison Smith; Wolves & Hero vs. Steen, Generico, & Dempsey)
-Insanity Unleashed 3/14/09 (Nigel McGuinness & Austin Aries vs. Tyler Black & Jerry Lynn; The American Wolves vs. Roderick Strong & Brent Albright; Jimmy Jacobs vs. Delirious No DQ Match; Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega vs. Claudio Castagnoli)
-Steel City Clash 3/20/09 (KENTA & El Generico vs. Nigel McGuinness & Davey Richards; Tyler Black & Necro Butcher vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Brodie Lee Falls Count Anywhere Match; Roderick Strong vs. Austin Aries; Bryan Danielson vs. Mike Quackenbush)
-Double Feature II 4/17/09 & 4/18/09 (American Wolves vs. Bryan Danielson & Tyler Black World Tag Team Title Match; Kevin Steen, El Generico, & Bryan Danielson vs. The American Wolves & Sylvain Grenier; Jay Briscoe vs. Roderick Strong; Jimmy Jacobs vs. Delirious Street Fight; Tyler Black vs. Jimmy Jacobs; Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Kenny Omega Four Corner Survival)
-A Cut Above 4/24/09 (Jerry Lynn vs. Roderick Strong ROH World Title Match; Tyler Black vs. Davey Richards; Bryan Danielson vs. Eddie Edwards; Chris Hero vs. Colt Cabana; Kevin Steen & Jay Briscoe vs. The Dark City Fight Club)
-The Homecoming II 4/25/09 (Jerry Lynn vs. Colt Cabana ROH World Title Match; American Wolves vs. Kevin Steen & Jay Briscoe World Tag Title Match 2/3 Falls; Tyler Black vs. Chris Hero)
-Never Say Die 5/8/09 (Jerry Lynn vs. Chris Hero ROH World Title Match; Kevin Steen vs. Davey Richards in an Anything Goes Match; Bryan Danielson vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Eddie Edwards; Jay Briscoe vs. The Necro Butcher)
-Validation 5/9/09 (The American Wolves vs. Bryan Danielson & Kevin Steen World Tag Team Title Match; Jerry Lynn vs. Jay Briscoe ROH World Title Match; Joey Ryan vs. Colt Cabana; Chris Hero vs. Sonjay Dutt)
-Contention 6/12/09 (Jerry Lynn vs. Tyler Black; Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Young Bucks; Davey Richards vs. Jay Briscoe; Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong vs. Eddie Edwards vs. D-Lo Brown; Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny King)
-Manhattan Mayhem III 6/13/09 (Jerry Lynn vs. Austin Aries World Title Match; American Wolves vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico Tag Title Submissions Match; Tyler Black vs. Jimmy Jacobs in a First Blood Match)
-Violent Tendencies 6/26/09 (Tyler Black vs. Jimmy Jacobs Steel Cage Match; American Wolves vs. KENTA & Roderick Strong Tag Title Match; Claudio Castagnoli vs. Nigel McGuinness)
-End Of An Age 6/27/09 (KENTA vs. Tyler Black; Austin Aries vs. Nigel McGuinness ROH World Title Match; American Wolves vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico; Joey Ryan & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brent Albright & Colt Cababa in a Chicago Street Fight)
-Death Before Dishonor VII Night 1 7/24/09 (Austin Aries vs. Tyler Black vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Nigel McGuinness ROH World Title Match; Lance Storm and Kevin Steen vs. Chris Hero and Kenny Omega; Kenny King vs. Kenny Omega)
-Final Countdown Tour: Boston 9/25/10 (Bryan Danielson vs. Davey Richards; Roderick Strong vs. Nigel McGuinness; Eddie Edwards vs. Kevin Steen in an Anything Goes Match; Austin Aries & Rhett Titus vs. Colt Cabana & Kenny Omega)
-Clash of the Contenders 10/9/09 (Austin Aries vs. Delirious ROH World Title Match; Davey Richards vs. Kenny Omega; Tyler Black vs. Chris Hero; The Young Bucks vs. Rhett Titus & Kenny King; Kevin Steen vs. Roderick Strong)
-Survival of the Fittest 2009 10/10/09 (The annual Survival of the Fittest tournament features five qualifying matches with the winners advancing into the final Elimination Match plus Austin Aries & Davey Richards vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe
-Boiling Point 11/7/10 (Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Chris Hero & Davey Richards Grudge Match; Roderick Strong vs. Delirious; Tyler Black, Colt Cabana, & Grizzly Redwood vs. Austin Aries, Kenny King, & Rhett Titus)
-The Omega Effect 11/14/10 (Austin Aries vs. Kenny Omega for the ROH World Title; Tyler Black vs. Roderick Strong; El Generico vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima; Chris Hero vs. Kevin Steen)
-Reverse The Curse 12/5/09 (Austin Aries vs. Colt Cabana ROH World Title STEEEL CAGE Match; Briscoes vs. Dark City Fight Club; Tyler Black vs. Kenny King; Kevin Steen vs. Claudio Castagnoli)

OFFER IS GOOD ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST

Sale ends Tuesday, November 23rd at Noon AM EST!!! Shipping costs are not discountable. No adjustment to prior purchases or previously placed orders. Offer valid only on orders placed online at www.rohstore.com and will only be discounted if you follow the steps listed above.

NEW MERCHANDISE RELEASES!!!

The following items are now available to order in the ROH Online Store:

-PREORDER: Allied Forces- Dayton, OH 10/15/10 (2 Disc Set)
-IN STOCK: ROH on HDNet Vol 4 (DVD)
-IN STOCK: Glory By Honor IX- New York, NY 9/11/10 (DVD)
-IN STOCK: PWG The Curse of Guerrilla Island 10/9/10 (DVD)
-IN STOCK: Fade To Black- Plymouth, MA 9/10/10 (2 Disc Set)
-IN STOCK: Tag Wars 2010- Charlotte, NC 8/28/10 (DVD)
-IN STOCK: Champions’ Challenge- Richmond, VA 8/27/10 (DVD)
-IN STOCK: Official Homicide T-Shirt
-IN STOCK: Official All Night Express
-IN STOCK: Kings of Wrestling Hoodies
-IN STOCK: Kings of Wrestling Skull Caps
-IN STOCK: Kings of Wrestling Baseball Caps
-IN STOCK: YouShoot with Sean Waltman (DVD-R)
-PREORDER: WWE: Top 50 Wrestlers Of All Time (3 Disc Set)
-IN STOCK: WWE John Cena: The Experience (3 Disc Set)
-PREORDER: WWE Bragging Rights 2010 (DVD)
-PREORDER: TNA Twin Pack- Victory Road 2010 & No Surrender 2010 (2 Disc Set)
NOW IN STOCK: TNA Hardcore Justice 2010 (DVD)

#6,116 ·
Well at least people now have a reason to buy the Allied Forces dvd. On one hand it's nice to get dvd extras, but it's telling when they need them to sell otherwise mediocre or outright bad shows.

#6,117 ·
Yeah......that show is so getting bought.

#6,120 ·
CZW - Southern Violence

1. CZW Wired Title Match
Drew Gulak vs Rich Swann
*3/4

2. AR Fox vs Facade

3. CZW World Tag Team Title Tournament Qualifier
Team Macktion vs DJ Hyde & Greg Excellent
*1/4

4. Sabian vs Tyler Veritas
*3/4

5. CZW World Tag Team Title Tournament Qualifier
Joe Gacy & Sami Callihan vs The Suicide Kings

6. CZW Junior Heavyweight Title Match
Ryan Slater vs Adam Cole
**3/4

7. CZW World Heavyweight Title Anything Goes Match
Jon Moxley vs Nick Gage vs Drake Younger
***​

#6,121 ·
ROH will never fully carry PWG, just the B shows that nobody wants.

#6,124 ·
ROH - New Frontiers

Jimmy Rave & Fast Eddie vs. Sal Rinauro & El Generico - **3/4

Loc vs. Cheech - *1/2

Homicide vs. Kevin Steen - **1/2
One of those matches where there was a lot of cool looking moves, but no psychology or anything behind them. They were just there. Impressive showing from Steen early in his career though.

ROH Tag Team Title Match
BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs(c) vs. Dunn & Marcos - **3/4

Alex Shelley vs. Roderick Strong - ***1/4
This was really good in the first several minutes, as they brawled throughout the arena and Roderick was actually getting manhandled, which isn't something you see too often. But then once they took it in the ring it just dragged on for 20 minutes. Finish was kinda meh too.

Elimination Match
Davey Andrews vs. Shane Hagadorn vs. The Masked New York Superstar - DUD
Pointless.

CM Punk & Colt Cabana vs. Nigel McGuinness & Chad Collyer - **
Really boring.

ROH Pure Title Match
Samoa Joe(c) vs. James Gibson - ***1/2
Certainly a good competitive match by anyone's standards, but it never really kicked into high gear like you'd expect it to. It was kinda just the same pace all the way through. I've never really been a fan of the Pure Title rules, so I thought the finish was kinda poopy as well.

ROH World Title Match
Austin Aries(c) vs. Spanky - ***3/4
Match of the night for me. Another good competitive match, slightly better than the one before it. I feel like all of Aries title defenses ended the same way, you hit your big move and he kicks out, then he'll kick you in the head a couple times, hit a brainbuster and a 450 and that's it.

Overall: 6.75/10
A pretty average show for the most part. New Frontiers is perfectly fitting as they were in the Buffalo area for the first time and there were a lot of new faces on the show. If you're really worried about seeing the last two matches, I'd probably say just get The Bluegrass Brawl over this, which I haven't even seen.

#6,127 ·
It's not a must have.

#6,129 ·
Don't know if it was that good. Liger/Generico was very good and Davey/Steen is one of my favorite matches of the year but some of the other stuff you could pass on (like the main.)

#6,130 ·
CZW - Tangled Web III

1. Joe Ettel vs Eric Enders
N/A

2. CZW World Heavyweight Title Match
Nick Gage vs Egotistico Fantastico vs Jon Moxley

3. CZW Wired Title Match
Drew Gulak vs Ryan McBride
*1/2

4. tHURTeen vs Danny Havoc
*3/4

5. CZW Tag Team Title Tournament Match
The Best Around vs The Osirian Portal
***1/4
Really surprisingly good.

6. Ruckus vs AR Fox

7. CZW Tag Team Title Tournament Match
Philly's Most Wanted vs Adam Cole & Tyler Veritas
**3/4

8. Devon Moore vs Drake Younger
**1/4

9. Ultraviolent Match
Brain Damage vs Scotty Vortekz

10. Tangled Web Match
Joe Gacy & Sami Callihan vs DJ Hyde & Greg Excellent
**3/4​

#6,132 ·
PWG The Curse Of Guerrilla Island

Brian Cage-Taylor vs Johnny Yuma
***1/2

Peter Avalon vs Candice LaRea
**1/2

Rocky Romero vs Ryan Taylor
**3/4

Briscoes vs The Cutler Brothers
***1/2

Chuck Taylor vs Johnny Goodtime

El Generico vs Ricochet
****1/2

Joey Ryan vs Chris Hero vs Claudio Castagnoli vs Brandon Gatson - PWG World Championship
***1/2

Overall:
Brilliant show, one of the best PWG shows this I thought. Generico/Ricochet is up there with Kings/Guns & Hero/Tozawa as best Indy match this year. So awesome. Title match was really easy to watch but sudden finish hurt it. Nice promos from Hero & Ryan befoe and after the show. The Fighting Taylor Boys are fantastic btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.