Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

616K views 6K replies 210 participants last post by  Platt 
#1 ·
#5,263 ·
The match went 44 minutes and was a Falls Count Anywhere No DQ match... I'd have liked it more if the camerawork wasn't so average and it had gone about 20 minutes less. A 44 minute hardcore/no dq match to me just makes no sense to me in the first place.

To me the good No DQ matches only need 20-25 minutes and don't have to overdo the spots with weapons and multiple near pinfalls. Beside this i found the match to drag on to much and it just became ridiculous..

#5,266 ·
PWG Based on a True Story

Loser Leaves PWG
Scorpio Sky vs. Frankie Kazarian ***¼-***½

Rocky Romero vs. Colt Cabana

Disco Machine, Nemesis and TJ Perkins vs. Karl Anderson, Scott Lost and Bino Gambino **½

Kevin Steen vs. Chris Bosh ***¼

Ronin vs. Super Dragon
Never thought anything of Ronin, and well a fat Super Dragon isn't fun to watch at all

PWG World Tag Team Title Match
Cape Fear vs. Los Luchas ***½
Forgot how much fun Los Luchas were. Along with Cape Fear, this was a hell of a fun tag match

Guerrilla Warfare Match for the PWG World Title
Joey Ryan vs. The Human Tornado ****-****¼
Little longer then it needed to be, but still as brutal as I remember it being

Again worth the $5 I paid for it. Great main event between Ryan/Tornado and 3 very fun matches

#5,271 ·
PWG – DIO!

Los Luchas vs. Johnny Goodtime & Jerome "LTP" Robinson - **

Brandon Bonham vs. Ryan Taylor - **1/2

Scott Lost vs. Akira Tozawa - ***

The Cutler Brothers & Joey Ryan vs. Malachi Jackson & The Young Bucks - ***3/4

Candice LeRae vs. Christina Von Eerie - **1/4

Brandon Gatson vs. Chris Hero - ***1/2

PWG World Tag Team Titles
¡Peligro Abejas! (El Generico & Paul London) vs. Brian Kendrick & Kevin Steen - ***1/2

Probably the weakest show PWG's done all year. Six man tag was very good with the Bucks/Cutlers just killing each other, and the tag match while good seemed to end way too soon (Steen & Kendrick's promo before the match seemed about as long). And yeah, London did honey all over Steen's face.​

And unfortunately, Eddie Kingston vs. Jerry Lawler for JAPW is off. In it's place - Lawler vs. Nick F'N Gage. I just want the promos from that.

#5,273 · (Edited)
They've always shipped to me pretty quickly but I have no clue how long it will take to get to Australia.

So I finally got a job today and sold some stuff on ebay. I'm going to try to keep it under control but I think it's time for me to start spending money on wrestling DVDs again. I'm really hoping ROH puts on a really big sale once they get the site up and running because there are some shows that I would really like to pick up. Mostly DBD before it gets sold out.

I also want to catch up on some PWG stuff as well but I'm hoping Highspots will get a good deal going soon. They seem to be big on giving away free gifts right now with big orders but I want to wait until they get some better stuff up there. I really wish I had money when they were giving away those IWA:MS comps.

Ted Petty Invatational 2004 Night 2 Review

I've had this for a long time and have only watched bits and pieces. Really glad I got around to seeing the whole thing.

CJ McManus vs. Billy McNeil vs. Thunderbolt

Who the fuck are these guys? Well they all seemed pretty average and worked a very basic match. Nothing too spectacular but you had Thunderbolt playing a monster face and the other 2 were heels that worked together for a decent part of the match. The action was pretty good and everything was flowing nicely until there was a really awkward moment where Thunderbolt just let one of the guys up when he had the match won. Then he covered him a second time and it was broken up, like it was meant to be on the first side.

Well Thunderbolt wasn't involved in the fall and I don't know which guy actually won. Then I discovered that Thunderbolt was in fact a heel as he beat up both guys after the match. Everything was going pretty well until the last minute or so when I just felt really confused. Still a decent enough match for a bunch of unknowns.
*3/4

IWA:MS Light Heavyweight Championship Match (or something like that)
Sal Rinauro vs. Jimmy Jacobs (c)

So Jimmy Jacobs came out limping badly. Yet Sal went after his back the whole match. I guess the injury might have been legit because there is no reason why Jacobs would sell his leg like that for no reason. The match was just a little to one sided for me to really enjoy. I'm ok with a heel controlling the match but Jimmy could have got at least some offense in. At least some of the stuff that Sal was doing was original and looked good. He also was really over as a heel with the crowd.

Jacobs eventually got his comeback going and the match started to pick up. It ended up being a decent match but could have been a little more exciting. 3 or 4 less minutes wouldn't have hurt either.
**1/2

Falls Count Anywhere Match:

Ian Rotten vs. Steve Stone

Ian came in with his shoulder taped up. Stone went after it a little bit, enough that you could tell it was part of the match. They still spent most of the match just brawling out of the ring. It was pretty average really. Chris Candido does also shows up in the match and they beat up Ian together. I don't know why, this is a match where some commentary would have helped. I don't think this match had an ending. Ian just got beat up for a really long time until some fat guys and a really fat woman came to his aid. I don't know or really care who they are.

I'm guessing this was all about storyline advancement. It was still pretty terrible and I honestly had to skip through the beat down that didn't seem to end. Looking back it was really pretty terrible. I mean the best part of the match was when Stone was thrown into a wall. Just think about that for a second.
1/4*

The promo after the match was actually pretty good by Stone, Candido, and some guy in a yellow shirt that seemed to be the mastermind of the whole operation.

NOTE: At this point I realized that there is in fact commentary but it only played on my left ear bud. You see I was watching with only 1 ear bud in and it happened to be the one with without commentary. There is no chance in hell that I'm going back to watch the other matches though, even though I think CM Punk had been doing commentary.

Quarterfinal Match:
Rainman vs. Danny Daniels

It looked like Rainman was playing the underdog in this tournament. He upset Sabin in Night 1 and now was in the ring with last year's winner. And he got his ass kicked early on. Good effort by Daniels to get the fans behind Rainman, a guy that hadn't seen much of before. As the match wore on he gradually became more and more of the heel as he started to get desperate. There was a bad botch on a hurricanrana (not sure whose fault it was).

Still a liked the more and more heel like tactics shown from Daniels and it made the match much more watchable and got me caring about Rainman, something that nobody else has ever done for me. Good match really. Much better then I expected as I don't ever remember seeing anything all that great from either guy before.

Quarterfinal Match:

Nigel McGuinness vs. Samoa Joe

Samoa Joe is a badass. That's really the first thing that comes to mind while watching this match and it seems the whole match seemed to reinforce this point. There was some really good technical wrestling that was very enjoyable to watch but a lot of this match was Joe and Nigel just beating the hell out of each other. Since Joe had a lot more wrestling to do tonight Nigel took a bulk of the punishment, which made him look good for taking it all and and made Joe look like even more of a badass.

There were times when Nigel looked like he had the match and even though he ended up losing he looked really really good in this. And did I mention that Samoa Joe is a badass? Loved the story of Nigel trying to hang with a monster like Joe. Especially since most of his other ROH stuff that I've seen involved him already being the champion and I haven't seen him play an underdog like this before.
***3/4

Larry Sweeney, Hallowicked, and Jigsaw vs. Gran Akuma, Icarus, and Trik Davis

Damn, Akuma has a mask, Icarus has crazy hair and doesn't seem to be the most hated man in the world. He still had the worst tattoo ever though. Things haven't changed that much as 6 years later Akuma and Icarus just broke up and Hallowicked and Jigsaw still team together. Pretty surprising in the indies.

The match was pretty decent but it's really obvious how much better these guys are today. The ending was as crazy as you would expect, they hit some really good looking offense. I feel like the early part of the match could have been a cut a little bit as they did seem to go a little too long with the feeling out process early on.
**3/4

Quarterfinal Match:
AJ Styles vs. Matt Sydal

These guys are really really fast. They did some amazing stuff in the ring and just put on a fantastic show. It was impossible not to want Sydal to win the match while watching this. Besides the incredible stuff they did in the ring I liked the story they had going where this was their third match together and Sydal hadn't won a match against AJ yet.

It was really spotty but everything was executed really well and there was a pretty good story being told. I personally love this style of indy wrestling where the guys just go all out but there are few that would be able to pull it off as well as AJ and Sydal.
***3/4

Rain vs. Mschif vs. Mickie Knuckles vs. Daizee Haze vs. Lacey vs. Mercedes Martinez

I really liked the beginning of the match. Everyone got their chance to show what they could do in the ring and there was some really impressive looking looking stuff. Everyone had their own storylines and characters that were all portrayed and it was all working very well. I just wish they had more time to really get things going as once the first pin happened we just saw one elimination after another very quickly.

I understand why this was kept short but they really should have taken some of the 8 minutes they spent on entrances and put 5 of those minutes to the match. Still a good match.

Quarterfinal Match/ IWA:MS Title Match:
Arik Cannon vs. Petey Williams (c)

I guess the title is on the line in the tournament.

Pretty good match. It was a little too slow for my taste early on and I couldn't really figure out what they were really going for as they went back and forth at a pretty slow pace for a while. It wasn't until Cannon started acted more like a heel like that I finally got interested. The end of the match was really good and the fact that the title was on the line created a much better atmosphere then a lot of the other matches had.

I also want to point out that I've been watching indy wrestling for a while and it was the first time I've ever seen Cannon actually win a match. Pretty cool moment and really made the night a lot more interesting with the title involved because you really didn't know what to expect after the champion just lost his title mid-way through the show.

Quarterfinal Match:

Mike Quackenbush vs. Nate Webb

I really like to watch Mike Quackenbush wrestle. He has a really unique style and it's always easy to watch. Haven't really seen much of Nate Webb before (I've seen him on WSX and maybe at DBD IV in ROH) but I was pretty impressed, mostly by his ability to sell Quack good offense. His offense wasn't bad by any means but all the crazy shit that Quack was doing was really the highlight of the match.

It was good to see that they kept things short too. I really feel that 10 minutes or so is really the ideal length for a lot of indy matches. Let the guys do their stuff but keep it short so the match doesn't turn into guys going for the "epic" match. This was a nice little match and something that a 15+ match card really needs.
***1/4

Quarterfinal Match:
CM Punk vs. Bryan Danielson

I was tempted to give this 5* when a little kid told CM Punk that he hated him and Punk responded by looking right at the kid and saying, "I hope your parents die."

The match itself was awesome as well. I mean look at who you have in the ring, there really was no chance of them not having a good match. I was thrilled to see that Dragon started selling the leg after he took a spill. Punk didn't work on it too much but it seems like some pretty obvious foreshadowing of what's going to happen in Dragon's next 2 matches.

Good technical wrestling with enough hard hitting stuff to keep it interesting. I've seen Punk and Danielson in the ring a few times together and I have to say that I really like their chemistry.

IWA:MS Tag Title Match

The Wild Cards vs. Tank and Iceberg vs. Brad Bradley and Ryan Boz (c)

The actual wrestling in this match was pretty bad. Now that I have that out of the way I can start praising this match for being really entertaining. It was nice to see Eddie Kingston in a role where he wasn't just a complete badass. Him and his partner were just hilarious on this match. Over the top heel actions and they got their asses kicked the whole time. Kingston doing a moosault off the top rope to the floor also makes the match even better.

The whole match was really about how Tank and Iceberg wanted to get into the ring with Boz and Bradley as they were the 4 big men in the match. So you have these 4 badasses in the ring and then there are the Wild Cards. They never tagged out and seemed to ruin the big fight every time the other teams were going to get started. The match reached a true level of greatness when the teams were having a stare down and Marciano (I think that was the name of Kingston's partner) hobbled into the middle of them all and just slapped Tank in the face. And to make this match even more over the top they ended up winning the titles.

It's not a technical masterpiece but they made up for the their limitations but putting on a match that told a good story and had some funny and entertaining moments. Much better then it had any business being.
***1/4

Semi-Final Match:
Rainman vs. Samoa Joe

Really really short. A quick flurry of offense by Rainman where it looked like he had a fighting chance. Well that lasted about a minute as he soon got his head nearly taken off by a brutal clothesline for the win. I was entertained and the show needed a few short matches to keep it under 6 hours. It also did a good job of making Samoa Joe look like even more of a badass.

Semi-Final Match
Arik Cannon (c) vs. AJ Styles

I guess at this point everyone was told that they really had to pick the pace up on this show as this match lasted about 6 minutes. It was really intense for 6 minutes though and just a really easy watch. Cannon delivers some of the best punches that I've seen out of anyone. Cannon also did a really good job of showing that he was a heel in the 6 minutes. He had the crowd genuinely annoyed with him on a few occasions and someone managed to get his character to show in so little time with in such a fast paced match.

AJ got a surprise title win, or so we thought. after the 6 minute war that they went through. I can't go that high for the rating because it was so short but it was really a solid addition to the card. Nice swerve at the end where Cannon told everyone that he wasn't defending the title throughout the tournament and left with the belt and a ton of heat.
**1/2

Semi-Final Match:
Bryan Danielson vs. Mike Quackenbush

They really did some crazy shit in this one. Both guys know how to do about a million different holds and we saw a lot them early on. I was surprised to see Danielson play the heel in the match as he was a face earlier in the night. Still as a stand alone match this was fantastic. They really made the perfect opponents for each other with the type of match they worked.

This was the longest semi match by far and it was also hands down the best. I liked how we saw Quack try and use a few of Danielson's signature moves, which seemed to only get Dragon pissed off. To sum it all up we get some great technical wrestling and they threw in a nice story in as well.
***1/2

Jimmy Rave vs. Todd Sexton vs. Alex Shelley vs. Austin Aries vs. BJ Whitmer vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Chris Sabin

I'm not a fan of this at all. It was virtually 2 guys in the ring the whole time with everyone else standing or laying around on the outside. Someone would get a pin only for them to be eliminated soon after. It was also pretty sloppy at times as well. It's impressive how much better a lot of these guys are today than they were here. Lots of SPOTZ! in fact if you take away some of the crazy stuff there really isn't much to this.

Whitmer and Rave actually saved the match at the end as they had a pretty good mini match after everyone else was eliminated. With this much talent in the match it should have been a lot better. It wasn't bad just could and should have been a lot better.

TPI 2004 Finals:

Bryan Danielson vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles

I loved this one. We start off with some really col technical wrestling between the 3 guys early on and the match went on to really a feature a little but of everything. We saw them brawl on the outside, hit some high flying moves, and stiff the hell out of each other. They were all over the place until Danielson was eliminated but I mean that in the best way possible. I can't really say what kind of match they wrestled, all I can really say is that it was awesome.

Once Danielson took the fall they really put on this awesome David/Goliath match with Joe and AJ. Samoa Joe had been booked as such a monster throughout the whole show and it was great to see someone that just kept fighting and finally took him down. I loved all the attempts as a Styles Clash that led to the finish as it really had me thinking if AJ could actually hit the move on Joe. It was just a great moment when he hit the Styles Clash and got the big win.

A perfect way to end the show. Great clash of styles (see what did there?) throughout the match and a really intense and emotional finish. I have to say that I was really rooting for AJ to get the win at the end as he played a face that could take it right to Joe really well. It's always good when the last match of the tournament is the best on the card.
****1/2​

This show has a lot of matches and is really really long. It took me over a week to actually get through it. I still loved it but damn, it was long. Just look at the talent on this show, it's quite possibly the best indy line up I've ever seen. Highly recommended. Even if it means giving some of your money to Ian Rotten...

My only real problem was that guys seemed to be turning heel or face in between matches. The great wrestling easily overcomes all that though.

#5,274 ·
wXw - 16 Carat Gold 2010 - Day 3

1. Big Van Walter vs Erick Stevens
***1/4

2. OTC vs Up In Smoke

3. Ares vs Chris Hero
***3/4

4. World of Sport Rules Match

Terry Frazier vs Johnny Kidd
**3/4

5. KAGETORA vs Tommy End vs Claudio Castagnoli vs Paul Tracey

6. wXw World Tag Team Title Match
Switchblade Conspiracy vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi
***1/4

7. wXw World Lightweight Title Match

Munenori Sawa vs Zack Sabre Jr

8. Nick Jackson vs Matt Jackson
***1/2

9. Big Van Walter vs Chris Hero
***1/2
The fact that Hero didn't win greatly annoys me when he was easily the best in the Tournament. Walter is average, very average.

Overall the tournament was alright. Day 2 & 3 are good but i found Day 1 to be skippable.

OHW - Death In The Valley

1. Thumbtacks & Jacks Match
Toby Klein vs Super Oprah vs Elkview Adam
*3/4
Quick crowd count would probably be around 40-50 people if that. Super Oprah is a black dude thats supposed to be dressed like Oprah i suppose. Oprah is accompanied by Nikki Heyman whos trying to look like Paul Heyman.. Elkview Adam is a generic fat dude. Somehow the generic fat dude and not Toby Klein wins.... Great booking (sarcasm)

2. Barbed Wire TLC Match
David Day vs John Thorne vs JC Bailey
John Thorne sorta looks like Kevin Steens fatter more useless brother. The Ladder used was like 4 feet tall.

3. Pits Of Hell Match
Viper vs Bildo vs Whacks
**1/4

4. Light Tube Boards Match

Freakshow vs Drake Younger
**1/2

5. Zac Vincent vs Phil Maccio
*3/4

6. Fans Bring The Weapons Match
Elkview Adam vs Drake Younger
**3/4

7. 100 Carpet Strips Match
Whacks vs JC Bailey
**3/4

8. 40 Panes Of Glass Scaffolding Match
Drake Younger vs JC Bailey
***1/4
The finish was extremely disappointing... Bailey shakes the scaffold and Bailey flips off the scaffold through Glass...​

#5,278 · (Edited)
KaijuFan's Stoned Reviews:
PWG - Dio!

Los Luchas vs Johnny Goodtime and LTP

** 1/2
Sadly there was some miss communication abound, but whenever there was a slip up the four guys would make up for it. Still, probably the most underwhelming match on the card.

Brandon Bonham vs Ryan Taylor
Lols were had with Excalibur saying they're the same wrestler with alternate attires. I'm starting to like Bonham a lot, he's not fantastic but I see him developing rather nicely in a year or so.

Scott Lost vs Akira Motherfuckin' TOZAWA
Another match that would have been better if it wasn't as sloppy as it turned out to be. Tozawa still managed to be the little asian running rampant on cocaine character.

Cutler Bros and Joey Ryan vs The Boston Celtics
*** 1/2
The Bucks are such awesome heels, I adore them (which I guess means they're not doing their job). Would have been much better if Malachi wasn't involved in the match at all, but it was hilarious seeing his brothers throw him out of the way for taunts and the like.

Candice LaRae vs Christina "My love" Von "No really" Eerie
**1/2
They had a good match, but it wasn't as brutal as their previous encounters.

Chris Hero vs Brandon Gatson
Hero continues his putting over the home talent tour with Gatson this time, made him look like a champ with all he had to do.

iPeligro Abejas! vs Steendrick
*** 3/4
Solid and short, they didn't go into an epic long stretch which was refreshing in all honesty.

Overall:
I had fun as always when watching a PWG show, but this was weaker in comparison to other shows they've done. Still worth a watch though.

#5,281 ·
PWG All Nude Revue

Tony Stradlin vs. Frankie Kazarian
Kind of a slow start but the match got really good once Stradlin hit a really nice looking GTS. Everything else was very well executed as well. I can't say I'm a huge fan of either guy but I was impressed that they put on such a good match in 8 or 9 minutes.

Ricky Reyes vs. Roderick Strong
***1/4
Really hard hitting, whether it be Strong chops or the kicks that Reyes seemed to land all over Strong. Nothing that that's never been done before but it's always a lot of fun to watch guys just beat each other up.

Hook Bomberry, Top Gun Talwar, Phoenix Star, and Zokre vs. The Ballard Brothers, Human Tornado, Ronin

***1/4
Much better than I expected. There was some funny stuff thrown in with what was mostly a high impact and fast paced match. I have to say that Human Tornado with a sling on is hilarious. The guys in this match really aren't all that great but they seemed to be working really well here and the match was highly entertaining.

Alex Shelley vs. El Generico
**3/4
Both guys are much better today than they were when this took place. This was still a good match but if I were told that Generico and Shelley would get 15 minutes and I would have expected something better. I wasn't really sure what exactly they were going for. Entertaining enough but there were times when I really lost interest.

Christopher Daniels vs. Kevin Steen

***1/4

I liked the approach they took to this match. Daniels used a lot of simple moves early on to keep Steen grounded. This really wouldn't be very exciting at all if it wasn't hilarious watching Steen get more and more pissed off before he was finally able to get some offense going and take control of the match. Rick Knox also showed his greatness with such lines as "One word and I can end this" and "Two wrongs don't make a right" in regard to Steen biting Daniels after Daniels bit Steen's hand. Just a very entertaining match all around.

PWG Tag Title Match:

Chris Bosh and Scott Lost (c) vs. Scorpio Sky and Quicksilver
***1/2
Got to love the new tag belts for the show. Bosh and Lost were presented with 2 actual belts, 5 bananas, and a roll of tape.

The match itself was very entertaining. Easy to understand characters with Arrogance playing great assholes and The Aerial Express are fun faces to watch. The match was fast paced and just easy to watch. Couldn't have really asked for much more in a match. The ending made sense as I think these teams would go to feud a lot in the future.

PWG Championship Match

Samoa Joe vs. Super Dragon (c)
***3/4
So when I saw that there were only 15 minutes left on the DVD when I started this I was really just expecting this to be 15 minutes of bombs and stiffness with very little selling. Well we didn't exactly get that and to be perfectly honesty I was a little disappointed by that. The match was still very good but I thought it was kind of weird that had Super Dragon play more of an underdog role and not as Joe's equal in the badass department. It was still hard hitting and very enjoyable but it wasn't quite the all out war that I expected. Still a great match and MOTN.​

This is a really easy to watch show. The whole DVD was less than 2 hours and it was filled with quality matches. There wasn't a bad match on the card.

#5,282 ·
You can now save 30% off your order on almost all items listed at ROHWrestling.com with no minimum purchase. This sale includes DVD’s, tickets, and apparel. Besides ROH DVD’s you can also save money on Non-ROH items. You can save money with every order you place at www.rohwrestling.com.

To redeem your 30% Off Coupon just follow these 2 simple steps:
1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohwrestling.com
2) Enter the coupon code: summer30 into the box marked Discount Code when you are going thru the checkout process. You must then hit the “submit” button to the right of the code in order to attach the discount to the order.

*The following items are NOT included in the sale: DVD Subscription Packages, Gift Certificates, Terry Funk Autograph tickets, and live event tickets for our event in Los Angeles, CA on January 28th as part of WrestleReunion.

Offer ends on Tuesday, August 24th at NOON EST. Shipping costs are not discountable. No adjustments to prior purchases or previously placed orders. Offer valid only on orders placed online at www.rohwrestling.com. Orders will only be discounted if you follow the steps listed above.

#5,283 ·
CHIKARASAURUS REX:KING OF SHOW

Match #1: Tim Donst, Lince Durado, Pinky Sanchez and Tursas vs. Fire Ant, Soldier Ant, Green Ant and Frightmare

Great opener, tons of fun. A little sloppy at times, BDK team seems especially careless at times. Can't tell if that's planned, regardless, fun match with some great spots. Ending with Vokoder showing up was cool, loved the way they transitioned right into the backstage segment.

*** 1/2

Match #2: “Equinox” Jimmy Olsen vs. Shingo

Was initially very pumped for this, was a little let down. Still, slightly better than average match. Worth the watch for some of the stiff shots and of course, it's Shingo.

Match #3: Sara Del Rey and Daizee Haze vs. Amazing Kong and Raisha Saeed

Nice womens tag match. 4 of the top womens wrestlers in the world. Wish they had brought the hate a little more, Ah well. Also, I was eating a barrito and nacho chips while watching this match, I feel like it deserves a 2nd go.

*** 1/4

Match #4: Team F.I.S.T. (Icarus, Gran Akuma and Chuck Taylor) vs. CIMA, Masaaki Mochizuki & Super Shenlong

Awesome Trios action (I've always wanted to see Chikara and DG go into a full trios stable war long before the DGUSA ties brought them togeather)
Mochi kicks FIST members hard, CIMA is CIMA, FIST make surprising turn by kicking Akuma out, Gargano rules, wanted to see more Shenlong.

*** 1/2

Match #5: The Unstable (Stigma, Colin Delaney and Vin Gerard) vs. Drake Younger and The Osirian Portal

This match was awesome for a couple reasons. 1) it was way different than stuff they usually do 2) Drake was actually aight 3) The Unstable are just getting better and better.

Fun brawl, loved seeing a different side of Chikara here. Lots of people get dropped on their head.

Match #6: Tommy Dreamer and Eddie Kingston vs. Claudio Castagnoli and Ares

Tommy looks better than expected in teh ring, match is just overall better than expected. Claudio is the man.

**** - **** 1/4

Match #7: Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked and Jigsaw vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino and BxB Hulk

Just fantastic Trios action. Everyone looked like a million bucks.

**** 1/2

This was my favorite Chikara shows top to bottom. One of my fave shows this year along with PWG Titanica, ROH DBDH and NOAH's anniversary show.

Chikara did some different things on this show and did them really well without going to far away from what makes Chikara, well, Chikara. They have the best stortline booking in the american indies hands down. Everything ties into everything else and makes sense and that means something to me.

If this show was what DGUSA was like, maybe I'd be into it more. Good job Chikara!

PS - The commentary was awesome, as usual. UMB for president.

#5,284 ·
So I finally have bought some more wrestling DVDs. Took advantage of the 30% off sale and got DBD and Better Friends Stiffer Enemies 2. Can't wait to get them.

I'm really looking forward to the street fight and I also can't wait to see Black and Corino wrestle. Not sure but it's just a match that I really want to see.

#5,285 ·
Yeah I'm not paying $28 for that Raw set. I'll just go to Walmart.

#5,289 · (Edited)
Just ordered 2 PWG shows(will be my first ever PWG shows) 70/30 and Based on a True Story. They were only $5.00 at Highspots

Check the PWG section, change to lowest first and look on the third page. European Vacation 2: France is also $5.00, check on the fourth page.

Good deal, also these dvds are not posted in the 5 dollar dvd section on the main page. Which is why I pointed the above out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.