Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)
View Single Post
post #624 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 06:19 AM
stinger-splash
Jobberville Population = You

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

re: Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

More AJPW 90's madness...

Jun Akiyama & Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Akira Taue & Toshiaki Kawada (Tag League Final, 12/05/1997) *****
Probably one of my lowest five star matches and that because of the finish. I know Akiyama took one hell of a beating like always, but this was kind of an anticlimax to such a great match. Other than that, your usual hardhitting tag match with an insane amaount of heat. Almost every match around this period of time with one of these men is automatically a good match no matter what.

Jun Akiyama vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (Triple Crown, Jan 1998) ****1/2
As a former tag team champion and partner of Misawa, Akiyama had established himself as one of All Japan biggest stars. I heart this wasn't his first shot at the gold, but I don't know what the previous ones are. A great 'struggle for control' match where Akiyama takes a jumpstart and does whatever it takes to stay one step ahead of Misawa. He goes as far as doing a Tiger Driver, which was not a good idea as Misawa kicks out at one and gives a salvo of elbows. Akiyama comes back however and does a combo of big moves including two of his finishers. I really thought it was over here. Once Misawa came back, Akiyama had no feul left and Misawa put him away with an elbow. Great stuff. Too many restholds in the early going prevent it from a higher rating.

Looking forward to the '98 Champions Carnival.

Puroresu FTW!

All Japan Famous Five

Last edited by stinger-splash; 03-17-2010 at 06:45 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome