Re: Official Indy DVD Thread
Just finished EVOLVE 1. I'll try to do somewhat of a review.
1) Bobby Fish vs. Kyle O'Reilly
- I was impressed by both. I've seen Fish before, don't think I've ever seen O'Reilly. I didn't expect a lot, but it was a good match. Great opener.
2) Chuck Taylor vs. Cheech
- Pretty awesome spotfest that went about 5 minutes.
3) Arik Cannon vs. Ricochet
- I'm a fan of Cannon's and it's always a treat to watch him work, as I don't get to watch him very often. Good match.
4) Dark City Fight Club vs. Aeroform
- Couldn't tell if the fans were chanting "this match sucks" or what, but it was an okay match, nothing special. Seemed like the teams just didn't gel.
5) Mercedes Martinez vs. Niya
-Skipped it. Let me know if I missed anything.
6) Silas Young vs. Brad Allen
- This one got pretty intense. It seemed like the crowd, or the assholes in the crowd, didn't like it, but I really liked it. Anyone know why Allen didn't get his match with Hero? Is it because maybe Hero took Davey's spot in the Main Event for EVOLVE 2?
7) Jimmy Jacobs vs. Kenn Doane
- Jeez, maybe Doane was doing it purpose, but he was so awful in this match. It's sad that the guys that get big breaks and make the most money in this business are the ones that have to be carried in the ring.
8) Special Appearance by Tommy Dreamer
- This went down very well. Cool moment.
9) Johnny Gargano vs. Chris Dickinson
- I'm very new to Gargano, and so far I like him. First time seeing Dickinson, he impressed me, but he's got a long way to go.
10) Munenori Sawa vs. TJP
- Very good match. I'm a big fan of TJ and this was my first time seeing Sawa. I don't get the huge fuss over him, but he was good.
11) Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked & Frightmare vs. Gran Akuma, Icarus & Brodie Lee
- Pretty much what you'd expect from these 6 in Chikara. Good 6-man action.
12) Kota Ibushi vs. Davey Richards
- This was a great match. Not much else to say about it. Just watch it, you'll know.
I really liked the show. Most of the matches are spotfests, so it might not be for everybody. I'm usually partial to mat wrestling, chain wrestling, psychology and all that, but this was a refreshing new kinda show. The backstage segments are pretty cool too, as they make it like reality. They do it much like a UFC PPV, with shots of wrestlers getting ready for matches and such.