Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #2554 (permalink)
Jack Evans 187
CM GOAT aka DR. PHIL

Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Dragon Gate USA: Open The Historic Gate

BxB Hulk vs. YAMATO
So I'll start off by saying that at this point in time, I haven't seen YAMATO since his match with Claudio at Supercard of Honor II. He's definitely gotten in much better shape and improved quite a bit. I was incredibly impressed with his submission work and matbased wrestling. As far as BxB goes, he's just pretty damn good at being awesome. This was a great match, a great way to kick off the show and easily could've main evented this thing. Crowd was 107% into it and loved BxB. He didn't exactly sell the leg, but I don't think it took away from the match that much. Incredible opener that made me an instant fan of both guys.

Kenn Doane vs. Too Cold Scorpio
This was... good? Yep. Surprisingly pretty good. Doane can wrestle, he's got the look, and he's got the charisma. Seems like he was built for WWE. But anyway. Scorpio is 44, and moves around the ring like he's 24. These two meshed up pretty well with each other. A good mix of everything that went well and kept the crowd hyped. I mean, Dragon Gate wasn't gonna book two guys who they knew couldn't get it done anyway. Some pretty good comedy moments from the crowd too, including a "we want ziggler" chant. They shake hands afterwards. Good match.

8-Man Tag: Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw, Fire Ant, & Soldier Ant vs. Gran Akuma, Icarus, Amasis, & Hallowicked
HUGE pop for Quackenbush and basically everyone except FIST. Awesome match. Lot of nice spots. I've never heard of Amasis, but all he did was dance around, so I was pretty glad he got knocked out a couple times. The ending sequence was just ridiculously great as well. Segment after the match leads up to the tag match they had at the next show. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of Chikara in DG. Oh and everyone's said it, but please get Dawn Marie off the ring announcing.

Masato Yoshino vs. Dragon Kid
Pretty good match. Good back and forth action. Each guy was accompanied to the ring by their stablemate, Kid with Shingo and Yoshino with Doi. I kinda felt like they were holding back a little, which makes me think their match at the next show will be better. Still not taking anything away from this though. First time viewers will be amazed by these guys, common watchers won't see anything new outta this one. Scorpio comes out and sets up the rematch afterwards. Oh and Dragon Kid continued to sell the arm even after the match, that's dedication right there.
***1/2

CIMA & Susuma Yokosuka vs. The Young Bucks
Another excellent match. Really the first time I've seen the Bucks outside of TNA. Very impressive to say the least. Fast paced, fast action, huge nearfalls, awesome stuff. The Bucks cut a nice promo afterwards saying they're the best team in the world and challenge any DG team. Good stuff. Great show of respect after the match.
****1/4

Shingo vs. Naruki Doi
Wow. I absolutely loved this. They built this match up throughout the night, which was great because at first to me it was just another random singles match that got the lucky main event draw. Boy was I wrong. This match had a huge buildup from their rivalry in Japan and DGUSA displayed it very well throughout the night. This wasn't a typical DG match where it was just 110 mph all the way through. It was paced perfectly with just enough spots and moments that made each guy look like they deserved to be called the top 2 singles wrestlers in the promotion. I was hugely impressed by Shingo, who just seems to get better and better everytime I see him. Doi of course was great as well. Some of you might think I'm overrating it, but I was really into this. Fantastic stuff and my Match of the Night.
****1/2

Overall: A+
An amazing show and a must-have DVD for sure. Quite easily the best of 09 and the main event was certainly in my MOTYC list. Instant fan of the company and I just bought the Untouchable DVD. Huge thumbs up.