Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The World Wrestling Entertainment

View Single Post

Old 12-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #92 (permalink)
SUPER MATTHEW LECKIE
HOPE

SUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: WWE: The Platinum Era

January 30th, 2006 | Amway Arena; Orlando, Florida
Machine ... Or Madman?

Our broadcast begins with a recap video of the events of the Royal Rumble, which took place just twenty-four hours ago as the Royal Rumble theme song ‘Stricken’ plays in the background. Results from SmackDown! include Kid Kash retaining his Cruiserweight Championship in a Cruiserweight Open, as well as Batista defeating Mark Henry by DQ when Henry snaps, eventually splashing Batista through the Spanish announce table. On the RAW side of things, we see Trish Stratus retain her Women’s Championship against Victoria, despite an inadvertent distraction from Mickie James, who Stratus accidentally Chick Kicked, as well as Edge retaining his WWE Championship in a hard fought battle with John Cena. It then finishes with highlights of the Royal Rumble Match, such as Bobby Lashley running rampant, Rob Van Dam making his return, Kurt Angle being shown beaten and bloodied backstage, yet still fighting through to compete in the Royal Rumble Match, only to be eliminated last by Randy Orton, who poses in front of the WrestleMania logo as pyro shoots of behind him.

We now get the traditional RAW opening video and song, before cutting into the arena to see pyro exploding from the stage, only for the sound to be drowned out by the deafening cheers of the crowd in the Amway Arena. After panning around the crowd, we then settle down at ringside with our three man announce team of Joey Styles, Jonathan Coachman & Jerry Lawler.

Joey Styles: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Monday Night RAW, live from the Amway Arena in Orlando, Florida. Sitting beside me are my broadcast colleagues, Jonathan ‘The Coach’ Coachman and Jerry ‘the King’ Lawler, and gentlemen, we are right on the Road to WrestleMania 22 now, as we are just one night removed from a HUGE Royal Rumble!

Jonathan Coachman: That we are, Joe, and what a night it was. Goin’ into the Rumble, everyone doubted him, and yet my man Edge last night walked into the Royal Rumble as the WWE Champion, and after defeatin’ John Cena, he walked out, STILL champion.

Jerry Lawler: That’s right, ‘Coach’, but let’s not forget, we also saw Trish Stratus defend her Women’s Title last night against Victoria. Trish doesn’t get any rest though, as tonight she goes one-on-one in a non-title match with Candice Michelle!

Joey Styles: Not just that, but tonight we witness the return to Monday Night RAW of a man who spent a year on the sidelines. ‘Mr Monday Night’ Rob Van Dam makes his return tonight, as he faces ‘The Masterpiece’ Chris Masters.

Jonathan Coachman: And finally, our main event. The cool Caribbean, my homeboy, Carlito wrestlers the man who last night failed to become WWE Champion, John Cena, and I’m callin’ it now, ‘Lito’s takin’ this one out with ease.

We now hear silence for a moment, before ...

*METALINGUS*

The crowd instantly erupts into heat as, through a veil of smoke, the WWE Champion, Edge and his sultry girlfriend Lita step out onto the stage. With a ‘Rated R Superstar’ t-shirt and vest on, Edge has the title strapped around his waist, constantly smiling and patting at it to draw as much heat as possible at the top of the ramp, before kissing Lita and walking down the ramp with her, hand in hand. As he gets down to the bottom of the ramp, Edge begins to jog, then slides into the ring, before waiting down on the mat for Lita and hopping back up to grab a microphone, unstrapping the title as he does so.

Joey Styles: As we just mentioned, this man Edge last night retained his WWE Title against former champion John Cena in a match which many thought Cena would go on and win.

Jonathan Coachman: Many thought? Joey, last I remembered, you were one of those many. Care to acknowledge that?

Joey Styles: I’ll admit that I may have underestimated Edge, but I think everybody did that.

Jonathan Coachman: Haha, not me, Joe. Not me.

Joey Styles: Congratulations. You must be very proud.

We now wait, along with Edge, for the boos to die down, which they slowly do.

Edge: Well, well, well, what do we have here? Is this – is this ... could it possibly be? No it – it just couldn’t ... could it? It just couldn’t. This couldn’t be the WWE Championship draped right here over my shoulder ... could it?

The boos once again raise as Edge takes the gold off from around his shoulder.

Edge: Baby, does this look like the WWE Championship to you?

Lita: Why yes, babe, it does. It does look like the WWE Championship.

Edge: But that’s – that’s impossible. Last night, John Cena was supposed to take this title back that I ‘stole’ from him. This is supposed to be with John Cena, not with me. This title is John Cena’s! Quick, someone inform John Cena that I have his title! Wait – wait, no, hang on ... I think I’m remembering something here ... something’s coming back to me ... did I – did I beat John Cena last night ... for the second time? Did I? I think I did! I think I did beat John Cena last night! I beat John Cena!

Edge, smiling away, gets a ton of heat now as he looks out to the crowd.

Edge: For those of you who are little slow – and let’s face it, that’s a lotta’ you pigs here in Orlando – allow me to repeat what I just said ... last night, I beat ... John Cena. And while holding this WWE Title over my shoulder is reward enough for proving once again that I am the best the WWE has to offer, y’know, I’m actually getting a little extra satisfaction out of this one. This win, it means so much more than just the WWE Title to me. I know, i know – bein’ the WWE Champion is the ultimate reward, but this – this is the cherry on the top of the cake, if you will. Y’see, in case ya’ missed it, last night I proved each and every one of you ... wrong. Whether you’re ‘OH MY GOD’ Joey Styles, some curtain jerker in the back, or even anyone here in the arena tonight, all of you ... I proved you ... wrong.

Edge smiles for a moment as the crowd abuses him, the camera specifically focussing on one very vocal individual in the front row.

Edge: What, do you people – do you people have a problem with that? Do you have a problem with being wrong? Because really, that’s just too damn bad, because all of you, ALLLLLLLL OF YOU, YOU WERE ALL ... WRONG! WROOOOOONG!

Grinning away still, Edge pauses again.

Edge: Going into last night, not one person in this building, NOT ONE OF YOU, thought that I’d be walking into the Amway Arena tonight, still YOUR WWE Champion. Not one of you people thought I even had a chance. You all thought it’d be okay, because you thought that last night, your ‘hero’, your ‘knight in shining armour’, your ‘Chain Gang Commando’ John Cena, would once again come forth and save you, recapturing the WWE Title in the process. You all thought that I would be a mere blip on the radar of the ‘almighty’ John Cena, and that ultimately, I would just HAVE to fall before him. And here’s the one that REALLY gets me ... you all – you all thought that I was just going to hand the title back to John Cena. You really did. You all thought that I was a one month wonder, and that when John Cena decided that he wanted his title back, I’d just hand it right back over to him. Essentially, you all thought that I was just keeping the title warm for Cena, when really, REALLY, it was the opposite. Cena has ALWAYS been keeping the title warm for ME.

Heat.

Edge: Because y’see, ever since John Cena arrived on RAW, I’ve been watching him. I watched him defeat my own brother, Christian. I watched him send Chris Jericho packing from the WWE. Hell, I watched him, for four long months, defeat Kurt Angle OVER and OVER again, only for Angle to keep comin’ back for more. And yet, each time, Cena beat him ... and I watched him. I watched him for all of this time because I was waiting, I was biding my time. And do ya’ know why I was biding my time? Huh, do ya’? Because I’m smart. I’m smarter than John Cena, I’m smarter than Kurt Angle, and I’m smarter than each and every one of you.

Edge smiles as the cheap heat rolls in.

Edge: Y’see, my dream – my dream, isn’t just to be the WWE Champion. Oh no, no, no. My dream, ever since I was a little boy, has been to walk in to, and out of, WrestleMania, WWE Champion! And that’s why ever since Cena arrived on RAW – ever since the day he arrived, he had been keeping the title warm for me. He had been champion for oh so long because I didn’t want to be champion yet, but when the time drew near, when WrestleMania drew near, I didn’t just want the title, I NEEEEEDED IT! I NEEDED TO BECOME YOUR W ... W ... E, CHAMPIIIIIOOOONNNN!

Heat for the continued reference as Edge as the crowd’s WWE Champion.

Edge: Cena, as much I hate to break it to ya’ ... you were nothing but a sitting duck. And now – now that I’ve proven all the doubters wrong, now that I have retained my WWE Title and shown the whole world that I am no fluke champion, that I DESERVE to be WWE Champion, I will march on. I will continue, because believe me, believe me when I say that this ... this is just the beginning. This is just the beginning of my reign, of my era, of a little era I like to call ‘The Rated R Era’. John Cena ... he was just the beginning; he was just a mere stepping stone for me. Now – now that I am WWE Champion, I will achieve my boyhood dream, I will achieve my ... DESTINY ... I will walk in, and out, of WrestleMania 22, still, YOUR, WWE Champion!

Heat, as Edge now calms down again.

Edge: And y’know, speaking of WrestleMania, for the past few weeks, something, or someone, I should say, has caught my attention. This someone happens to be an Olympic Gold Medallist. He happens to be a former WWE Champion. And he just so happens to SUCK. This man is Kurt, Angle.

Pop.

Edge: Now, just like you thought John Cena would save you, you thought that by some miracle, should I defeat John Cena last night – which, by the way, if you haven’t noticed yet, I did – Kurt Angle would win the Royal Rumble like he had claimed he would oh so many times, and he would then take this title away from me at WrestleMania, just, as he ... had promised. Kurt would do it, not just for himself, but for each and every one of you. How sweet!

Edge chuckles away to himself.

Edge: But y’see just like John Cena – just, like Cena, Kurt Angle proved himself to be nothing – nothing, but yet another false, prophet. In case you missed it, last night – and this is where it gets funny – Kurt Angle again talked a big game like always. He promised all of you in this arena, he promised all of the people sitting at home, he promised THE WORLD that he was going to win the Royal Rumble, and that then, he was gonna’ come after me and take my WWE Championship. Now, I know what you’re thinking. You’re all sittin’ there thinking “Edge, this isn’t very funny” but believe me, this is where it gets good. Y’see, after all of these threats, after all of these promises, after WEEKS of telling me he was coming for me, Kurt Angle ... he choked.

Heat, as the crowd knows Angle was assaulted and that Edge was the likely culprit, which is what Joey Styles points out on commentary.

Edge: Yeah, that’s right ... Angle CHOKED. He told me – he told me that I was an embarrassment to the WWE Title. Well Kurt, I guess we just found out who the REAL embarrassment between the two of us was, and believe me, it’s not the man standing in the ring with the WWE Title. It’s not the man who could actually back up his words. No, it’s the man who, wait for it ... CHOKED! CHOKED, CHOKED, CHOKED, CHOKED, CHOKED ... CHOOOOOOOOKKKKKEEEDDDD!

Epic heat.

Edge: So now Kurt, how about you just sit back this WrestleMania, and watch how a REAL champion takes care of business, because ...

*MEDAL*

The crowd EXPLODES with a huge pop as the Olympic Gold Medallist, Kurt Angle walks out onto the stage, wearing a black Angle t-shirt over his wrestling attire. Angle doesn’t appear to be in the best of moods as he doesn’t take long in getting down to the ring and climbing up, staring Edge down as he does so, before grabbing a microphone.

Kurt Angle: You no good lying SON OF A BITCH!

Huge pop.

Edge: Whoa, Kurt, Kurt, hang on just a moment. What are you ...

Kurt Angle: SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH!

Another huge pop.

Kurt Angle: You know exactly what I’m talking about.

Edge: Kurt, Kurt, I don’t think I’m quite following you here. What ...

Kurt Angle: I said shut your damn mouth! Everybody is sick of having to listen to you, and if you keep trying to talk, I’m gonna’ make sure you can’t because you’ll have your jaw wired shut!

Pop, while Angle pauses, Edge also saying nothing.

Kurt Angle: That’s better. Now the reason I’m out here isn’t just to shut you up. No, in fact, I want answers. Yeah, that’s right, I want some answers from you. Lemme’ first start off by saying that you were right.

Edge looks at Angle, baffled, while Angle pauses for a moment.

Kurt Angle: No, you were one hundred percent right. Going into last night, I was certain that I would win the Royal Rumble Match. And it wasn’t just going into last night. No, last night itself, in Miami, I was still confident. Y’see, the adrenaline was pumping through my blood, the energy ... I could feel it in the air, in my brain, in my heart ... I knew that I – not anyone else – that I, was going to win, the Royal Rumble. Even moments before entering, I had a good feeling. I felt that last night was my night ... but you had to take all of that away, didn’t you?

Edge: Kurt, I said I don’t know what ...

Kurt Angle: ANSWER ME!

Edge looks around, perhaps a bit nervously, as the crowd pop for the intensity of Angle.

Kurt Angle: I didn’t see who attacked me last night, but what I know is that for weeks, you’ve been running scared of me, and now, just when it looks like I’m finally gonna’ get a shot at you, all of a sudden, I’m jumped from behind. So Edge, I’m not askin’ you anymore ... I tellin’ you ... admit that [i]you/I] were the one who jumped me assaulted last night ... or else.

Another pause as Edge looks a bit nervous.

Edge: Listen, Kurt, like I told you, I don’t know what you’re talkin’ about. Me ... assaulting ... you? Kurt, I don’t think you understand ... why would I assault you when I already KNOW that I’m better than you?

Edge laugh at first, though Angle starts to get right up into the face of Edge, causing Edge to gulp.

Edge: Whoa, Kurt, hang on ... hear me – hear me out. Okay, Kurt? Hear me out. Okay, so, last night – last night you were jumped right before you were supposed to enter the Royal Rumble, right?

Kurt Angle: Yeah, that’s right.

Edge: Okay, now, it can’t have been me who jumped you then, because Kurt, I wasn’t even in the building at the time. That’s right. Y’see, last night, after I defeated John Cena to retain my WWE Title, me and Lita ... we felt like celebrating. So I, uh, grabbed my bags after my match, and we back to a hotel and we ... celebrated.

Edge and Lita look at one another, sly smiles on their face.

Edge: But Kurt, before – before I left, I seem to remember something. Y’see, I was backstage, packin’ my bags, and on a monitor, I saw you talking about how you were going onto WrestleMania once you won last night. But, that’s not all I saw, Kurt. Do you remember what else you said, Kurt? Do you remember who else you said something to, Kurt? Because I do.

Angle looks to be thinking for a moment about what he said, leaving Edge to now smile away to himself, growing in confidence.

Edge: Kurt, do you remember what you said ... to John Cena? I seem to remember you getting up in his face, and telling him, after he had lost to me, that he wasn’t going on to the main event of WrestleMania ... but you were. And y’know, if I were you, I’d be thinking back to that, because Kurt, if anyone, ANYONE, was going to assault you, it would be John, Cena.

Heat.

Edge: Think about it, Kurt ... think about it. Who, Kurt, who did you spend most of last year battling with? Who made you bleed? Who did you make bleed? Who have you put through more pain than anyone else on the RAW roster for the past six months? The answer to all of these questions ... is John Cena. Kurt, we KNOW – we KNOW that Cena is nothing but a no good thug, so after you got in his face, after you ‘dissed’ him, do you not think Cena would be mad? Do you not think that he would want revenge? Do you not think that Cena would react to his thuggish instincts? Kurt ... I didn’t assault you, but I think we both know who did, so if I were you, I wouldn’t be asking me he questions ... I’d be asking John ... Cena.

Angle continues to think, while Edge begins to look very relieved.

Edge: So now – now that we’ve got that out in the open, Kurt, if ya’ don’t mind, me and Lita, we’ve got a little more celebrating to do.

Angle just stares at the ground, almost in a trance, while Edge smiles and grabs lita by the hand, before walking past Angle ... ONLY TO SUDDENLY GET BLASTED WITH THE ANGLE SLAM! The crowd POPS huge as Edge goes down, Angle springing right back up to his feet.

*MEDAL*

Angle instantly leaves the ring and begins to walk back up the ramp, not even looking back at Edge, who Lita tends to in the ring, bending over him and checking if he’s okay. Meanwhile we head out to our first commercial break.

*Commercial Break*

We return from Monday Night RAW at ringside with our announce team.

Joey Styles: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to what promises to be an action packed RAW following a stunning start, with Kurt Angle accusing the WWE Champion, Edge, of being the man who assaulted him last night at the Royal Rumble, before, perhaps unjustly, nailing the champ with an Angle Slam.

Jonathan Coachman: Unjustly is right, Joe. Edge gave evidence to not only clear his name, but also point Angle towards John Cena, and what does he do to thank Edge? He Angle Slams him. Disgusting.

*AIN’T NO STOPPIN’ ME*

The crowd gives a decent pop as Shelton Benjamin walks out, not dressed to compete, instead heading down to the announce table to join our commentary team.

Joey Styles: Well, we are about to be joined here momentarily by Shelton Benjamin. Welcome Shelton.

Shelton Benjamin: Thanks Joey.

*WORLD’S GREATEST*

The crowd gives a decent pop as Charlie Haas, in his return match to Monday Night RAW, makes his way out enthusiastically. Haas, slapping hands with fans on his way down to the ring, looks genuinely excited to be on RAW as he climbs up into the ring and poses on the turnbuckle, pointing down at Shelton on commentary.

Jonathan Coachman: Shelton, for weeks this man, Charlie Haas has been badgering you, and I gotta’ ask, isn’t it gettin’ in your nerves? I mean, he’s even usin’ your old music here!

Shelton Benjamin: Well ...

Joey Styles: Now hang on, ‘Coach’. Haas has just been looking out for Shelton, just like last week when he saved him from a two-on-one assault at the hands of The Redneck Wrecking Crew.

Jerry Lawler: Maybe we should hear what Shelton has to say on the situation.

Shelton Benjamin: Look, me and Charlie, we go way back, so I am happy to see him back, but as far as me and him teamin’ back up goes ... I think I’ve been doin’ just fine on my own.

Lilian Garcia: Introducing first, from Dallas, Texas, weighing 249 lbs, Charlie Haas!

*SHOWTIME*

Some decent heat now, as Lance Cade walks out, accompanied to the ring by Trevor Murdoch. The duo walk to the ring briskly, before climbing up into the ring and trading insults with the fans.

Joey Styles: But Shelton, to be fair, you have been on a losing streak since last September. Maybe it’s a case of you have to go backwards first to go forwards here.

Shelton Benjamin: Joey, I am a former Intercontinental Champion. Tell me, what singles titles has Charlie Haas won? That’s right, none. Me an’ Charlie, we used to be great, but now, I’m great alone.

Lilian Garcia: His opponent, being accompanied to the ring by Trevor Murdoch, from San Antonio, Texas, weighing 275 lbs, Lance Cade!

Match One ~ Singles Match:
Charlie Haas vs. Lance Cade

With a match between two guys who, in all honesty, are pretty damn talented, the crowd react to this contest rather indifferently as we see Charlie Haas not showing any real signs of ring rust at first, controlling the arm of Cade before hitting a picture perfect dropkick right on the button for two. At this point Trevor Murdoch, realising the roll Haas is on, climbs up on the apron and distracts him, getting a right hand for his troubles. Haas though, then turns and gets kicked in the midsection then THROWN SHOULDER FIRST INTO THE RINGPOST! This brings about dominance from Cade in the next few minutes as the big Texan uses his girth to overpower Haas and stay on top of him with an offensive onslaught against the shoulder of Haas, asserting his dominance over the smaller man. Cade also manages to generate quite a bit of heat as he continues to posture to the fans, although this almost proves to be his undoing as Haas comes to life with a knife edge chop to a turning Cade, fresh off more posing. Although Haas is full of fire, Cade is able to contain him, at least for the moment, with a knee to the midsection, before following up by Irish whipping Haas off to the ropes, only for the smaller man to come back with a jumping clothesline on the rebound, sending both men down for a moment.

Both men then slowly make the ascent to their feet, before Cade cockily expects the advantage to just be handed to him, only for Haas to fire off a series of punches and chops with his good right arm. Haas follows up with a back body drop, before hitting a series of suplexes, including a back suplex, snap suplex and finally a belly to belly suplex for a two count. Haas, not wanting to give Cade time to recover, immediately looks for the Haas of Pain, however, Cade quickly squirms to the ropes, prompting the referee to enforce the break. Murdoch, again seising the opportunity, climbs up onto the apron and immediately distracts Haas, allowing Cade to score with a kick to the midsection, before sending Haas off with an Irish whip and missing a back elbow on the rebound ... BUT THEN FLATTENING HIM WITH A BIG CLOTHESLINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER! Cade, thinking he has it in this bag, informs the fans that the match is as good as done, before waiting on Haas to get back to his feet ... AND GOING FOR THE SIT OUT SPINEBUSTER ... BUT HAAS COUNTERS OUT OF THE POSITION WITH A SERIES OF ELBOWS, THEN PUSHES CADE OFF INTO THE TURNBUCKLE CHEST FIRST ... AND SCORES WITH A BRIDGING GERMAN SUPLEX ON THE REBOUND FOR THREE!

Winner: Charlie Haas via pinfall @ 6:08

*WORLD'S GREATEST*

Lilian Garcia: Here is your winner ...

Lilian is cut off, as Trevor Murdoch climbs into the ring and immediately jumps Haas from behind, ambushing him with a big shot to the back of the head! Murdoch keeps the beatdown going, beginning to stomp on a now downed Haas.

Joey Styles: Shelton, aren’t you going to do something? You friend is in there getting attacked!

Shelton Benjamin: ...

Murdoch now lifts Haas up and backs him into the corner, continuing to drill him with right hands as he is now joined by Lance Cade, who lays in with some rights of his own to Haas ... BUT SHELTON BENJAMIN HAS SEEN ENOUGH AS HE QUICKLY CLIMBS INTO THE RING! Benjamin drags Cade away from Haas and hits a series of right hands, before whipping him off to the ropes and throwing him overhead with a huge belly to belly suplex! Murdoch now tries to catch Benji’ off guard as he turns him around and kicks him in the midsection, before backing off to the ropes and going for a clothesline ... T-BONE SUPLEX! Benjamin stands tall as both members of The Redneck Wrecking Crew clamber from the ring, leaving Benjamin and Haas alone in there, with Beni’ approaching Haas ...

... and giving him his hand! Haas, looking somewhat shocked, accepts the gesture, allowing Benjamin to lift him up before the duo raise one another’s hands.

*WORLD’S GREATEST*

The old music of the duo hits as the two stand in the ring, together once again.

Joey Styles: Shelton Benjamin comes to the rescue of his old buddy, and dare I say it, The World’s Greatest Tag Team look to be back together.

Jonathan Coachman: I can’t believe this. Shelton, you can do so much better!

Jerry Lawler: Oh, come on, ‘Coach’. These two were one of the, in fact, they were The World’s Greatest Tag Team, and them getting back together, I don’t see how it can be a bad thing.

Jonathan Coachman: Oh just you wait. It can be a very bad thing.

Joey Styles: Well excuse us for being a little optimistic over here.

We once again see the seemingly reconciled duo, before heading off backstage to see Todd Grisham standing by.

Todd Grisham: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time, Victoria!

Some decent heat, as Victoria steps into view.

Todd Grisham: Victoria, following an unsuccessful attempt at become the Women’s Champion last night against Trish Stratus at the Royal Rumble, you have requested this interview time to, what I can only guess ...

Victoria grabs the mic Grisham is holding and gives him the death stare. Translation: fuck off. Grisham gets the message.

Victoria: Trish ... Stratus. For years now, YEARS, you have been the thorn in my side, and last night – last night, well, let’s just say you surpassed yourself yet again, Trish. I was seconds, MERE SECONDS, away from winning the Women’s Championship that should rightfully ... be mine. And yet, like always, Trish, like you have since I arrived here in the WWE back in 2002, like always, you conspired against me. That’s right, Trish, you see, this time, you found yourself a little friend, you conspired against me, and you SCREWED me, JUST, like you always do.

Victoria breathes heavily, showing her intensity.

Victoria: And Trish, while I know, while I know that tonight, you’re gonna’ be busy pretending to be caring about the wellbeing of that PUPPET that you continue to try to manipulate in Mickie James after you kicked her in the head last night, you SHOULD NOT be worrying about Mickie James for two reasons. Number one: just like everybody else, deep down, you know that Mickie James sees right through you as the fraud of an idol that you are, despite what she says.

Victoria pauses.

Victoria: And number two, Trish, number two is that why worry about Mickie James when you have a much, much, MUCH bigger problem ... why worry about Mickie when you have ... me?

Victoria pauses, seething away.

Victoria: You think this is over, Trish? DO YOU THINK THAT THIS IS OVER? Me and you ... Trish Stratus and Victoria ... we will NEVER be over ... until, I get my Women’s Championship.

Victoria again pauses.

Victoria: And as far as your match against Candice tonight goes, Trish ... I’ll be watching VERY ... closely.

Victoria now snarls at the camera and walks away as we head off to a break.

*Commercial Break*

We comeback from the break to see the Intercontinental Champion, Ric Flair sitting on a bench in his locker-room, bringing about a huge pop from the crowd. Flair tends to his kneepads for a moment, before another figure steps into the room as we see an outline of black tights, before both Flair and the camera look up ... to see Chavo Guerrero! The crowd again pops big as Flair does his signature little laugh, before getting to his feet and embracing Chavo.

Ric Flair: Chavo! My man! How are ya’?

Chavo Guerrero: Esse, you better believe that I’m as good as I’ve ever been. How ‘bout you, man? You ready for our little tag match tonight?

Ric Flair: Am I ready? Am I ready? Chavo, I was BORN ready! Can you believe it, tonight, for the very first time, it’s the limousine ridin’, jet flyin’, kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin’ – WOOOO – son of a gun, ‘The Dirtiest Player In The Game’, ‘The Nature Boy’ Ric Flair joining forces with the man who lies, who cheats, who – WOOOO – steals, the carrier of the Guerrero legacy, ‘The Mexican Warrior’, Chavo Guerrero, joinin’ up for the very first time? Can you believe it, Chavo?

Chavo Guerrero: Ric, esse, of course I can believe it. You see, it’s what they like to call a ‘dream team’. Chavo Guerrero an’ Ric Flair, Guerrero an’ Flair; Ric, that is two of the greatest – the greatest wrestling legacies on the planet, two of the greatest wrestlers on the planet, and Ric, two of the best friends here on Monday Night RAW.

Again, that little laugh from Flair.

Chavo Guerrero: An’ Kane & the Big Show, they may be the World Tag Team Champions, but who’s to say, esse, who’s to say that me an’ you, we can’t become the NEXT World Tag Team Champions?

Ric Flair: My waist would look good with a little more gold around it.

Chavo Guerrero: Vato, of course it would, and winnin’ gold, it’s in my blood, it’s in your blood ... it’s in OUR blood, so tonight, esse, tonight is Chavo Guerrero’s night, tonight is Ric Flair’s night, tonight – tonight is OUR night!

Ric Flair: Chavito, I can see it now ... Chavo Guerrero ... Ric Flair ... NEWWW ... NEW World, Tag Team, Champions! WOOOO!

Chavo Guerrero: Let’s do it! Let’s do it!

Ric Flair: WOOOO!

We now cut away from the fired up tandem of Chavo & Flair to see the simply jaw dropping Women’s Champion, Trish Stratus warming up backstage, her Women’s Champion set up on a stack of boxes behind her as she stretches her arms. Smiling, Trish happily acknowledges anyone who passes by, before ...

???: HEY TRISH!

The camera now turns a bit, allowing us to see Mickie James entering, placing her hand on Trish’s shoulder, startling the Women’s Champion.

Trish Stratus: Oh, hey Mickie. It’s ... good to see you. And listen, about last night ... I just wanna’ say that ... I’m sorry.

Mickie looks at Trish like she is almost miffed by what Trish has said.

Mickie James: About what?

Trish Stratus: Y’know, last night ... when I accidently kicked you.

Mickie James: Oh right! Don’t worry about it. I just wanted to wish you luck in your ...

Trish Stratus: Wait ... aren’t you mad that I kicked you?

Mickie James: Mad? No! I mean, you didn’t mean to do it, did you?

Trish Stratus: No ...

Mickie James: Well as my grandpa used to tell me, accidents happen. Anyway, good luck tonight. I’ll be watching.

And with that Mickie skips off, leaving Trish to look slightly confused, mouthing the words “Accidents happen”.

We now cut back to ringside to hear ...

*ALSO SPRAUCH ZARATHUSTRA*

The crowd comes to life with a very big pop as the legendary ‘Nature Boy’, the Intercontinental Champion, Ric Flair styles and profiles his way out onto the stage, looking as classy as ever in one of his exquisite robes, his title belt hidden beneath it. Amid an outcry of woos from the audience, Flair struts his way down to the ramp, then, following some assistance from the referee, climbs up into the ring.

Joey Styles: Another interesting confrontation, if you will, between Trish Stratus and Mickie James, although, moving on, here is a man, who last night, came pretty close to proving once again that he is the man, only to fall just short.

Jerry Lawler: And tonight he’s going to be teaming with one of his long-time friends, the carrier of the legendary Guerrero legacy, Chavo Guerrero!

Jonathan Coachman: But gentlemen, they’re certainly in for a tough match here tonight.

Lilian Garcia: The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Charlotte, North Carolina, he is the Intercontinental Champion, ‘The Nature Boy’, Ric Flair!

*CHAVITO ARDIENTE*

A respectable pop for, as ‘King’ described him, the carrier of the Guerrero legacy, ‘The Mexican Warrior’ Chavo Guerrero, who energetically makes his way out onto the stage, talking it up to the crowd. As he walks down to the ring Chavo continues to play to the crowd at ringside, before climbing up into the ring, posing on the turnbuckle, and dropping down to hug his partner for tonight.

Joey Styles: As you said, ‘King’ these two men are long-time friends. As just as young boy, Chavo used to follow the legendary Ric Flair around in the locker-room as Flair wrestled alongside Chavo’s father, Chavo Sr. Tonight, can that connection allow these two warriors to pull through?

Jonathan Coachman: Joe, Kane & the Big Show are World Tag Team Champions for a reason, and if you think that a little friendship is gonna’ defeat them, then you’re stupider than you look.

Lilian Garcia: His partner, from El Paso, Texas, weighing 215 lbs, Chavo Guerrero!

*SLOW CHEMICAL*

The arena literally explodes as Kane’s pyro goes off, before the crowd settles into a nice pop as the World Tag Team Champions, Kane & Big Show make their way down to the ring, gold hanging over their shoulers. Like always, the twin towers have a quiet confidence about them as they climb up into the ring for the contest.

Joey Styles: Well you’re right when you say these two men are the champions for a reason, but both Chavo Guerrero and Ric Flair are very able in the ring, so it’d be foolish to write them off.

Jerry Lawler: That’s right, Joey. You never write off experience, and Chavo and Ric, they have heaps of it.

Lilian Garcia: Their opponents, weighing a combined weight of 817 lbs, they are the World Tag Team Champions, Kane & the Big Show!

Match Two ~ Tag Team Match:
Intercontinental Champion Ric Flair & Chavo Guerrero vs. World Tag Team Champions Kane & Big Show

With four over faces all in one match, the crowd is pretty into this right from the beginning, as at first, Chavo Guerrero begins by deceiving Kane with his speed, hitting a flurry of arm drags, before tagging in Ric Flair. Flair is happy to take over the workload early, as he begins to chop away on Kane, slowly wearing him down, looking to get Chavo back involved by tagging him back in. However, it goes pear shaped for Chavo and Flair at this point, as Chavo sends Kane off to the ropes, then looks for a dropkick on the rebound, only for Kane to hold onto the ropes rather than spring back, leaving the back of Chavo’s head to hit the mat. Chavo gets up holding the back of his head, although he probably wishes he didn’t, as Kane then runs through the smaller man with a big clothesline, beginning a period of dominance from the twin towers.

Utilising their size, Show & Kane smother Chavo, laying into him with shots as well as just plain throwing him across the ring, while also keeping themselves fresh thanks to frequent tags in and out. Despite both teams being faces, the crowd begins to get behind Chavo, urging him on as Kane has him in the corner, hammering away with right hands, before Irish whipping him off into the corner. After taking some time, Kane charges off into the corner after Chavo, only to eat boot as Chavo lifts his leg up! A groggy Kane tries for the move again, although he achieves the same result, before Chavo comes out of the corner with a series of right hands, then runs off to the ropes and bounces back ... and gets cracked with an uppercut! Kane, smiling almost sadistically, knows he has Chavo where he wants him as he heads to the corner, then begins his ascent to the top rope, before perching himself and leaping up into the air as Chavo gets back to his feet ... ONLY FOR CHAVO TO CRASH INTO HIM WITH A DROPKICK IN MIDAIR! Both men are now down and it’s on as they slowly but surely crawl towards their corners to look for the tags to their respective partners ... and they make it!

In comes Flair, in comes Big Show, with Flair being the first to strike as he charges across to the ring and scores with an amazing series of knife edge chops and jabs, stunning ‘The World’s Largest Athlete’. Flair, looking to follow up on his barrage of offense, immediately looks to take advantage, grabbing Show by the leg in an attempt to take him down, although it is to no avail as Show merely shakes his head, then grabs Flair and rocks him with a big headbutt. Dazed, Flair staggers back into the ropes, then bounces back off them and comes back towards Big Show, ducking a clothesline attempt ... then nailing a chop block! Big Show stumbles forward, feeling the effect of the move, though he does NOT fall to the mat. Flair, looking shocked, decides to repeat the dose, charging off to the ropes before coming back and hitting a second chop block ... with the same thing happening. Shaking his head, Flair backs into the ropes again, then comes back at Show ... ONLY TO BE GRABBED AROUND THE NECK BY THE BIG MAN! Chavo rolls into the ring and runs across to look for the save, though he is caught by the throat too ... BUT BOTH MEN FIGHT BIG SHOW OFF WITH A SIMELTANEOUS KICK TO THE MIDSECTION ... BEFORE RUNNING OFF TO THE ROPES AND COMING BACK WITH A DOUBLE CHOP BLOCK!

Show is finally down and Chavo & Flair know it’s time to take advantage as Chavo charges off to the ropes ... THEN GOES FLYING OVER THEM WITH A BEAUTIFUL PLANCHA DOWN ONTO KANE! Inside the ring, Flair quickly grabs Big Show by the leg ... THEN LOCKS IN THE FIGURE FOUR LEGLOCK! The crowd pops big as Big Show yelps in pain, his face screwed into an unrecognisable scowl as he tries to somehow, some way fight through the pain. Flair, on the other hand, rocks back and forth, applying as much pressure as possible, causing Show to go through even more pain, as it starts to look like he may just contemplate tapping ... ONLY TO INSTEAD GRAB FLAIR BY THE THROAT! Show sits up and grabs Flair by the throat, then grits his teeth and shakes his head, bringing Flair’s head closer to him before cracking it with a headbutt, sending Flair rolling away, breaking the hold. Both men slowly but surely struggle back up to their feet, obviously reeling following the moves they have endured, with Flair the first up by a small margin as he staggers toward Big Show and gets caught by the throat ... but he counters with a kick to the knee and runs off to the ropes ... ONLY TO BE CAUGHT WITH A BIG BOOT! Flair looks out on his feet as he staggers around, before looking to do the signature Flair fall ... BUT SHOW CATCHES HIM BY THE THROAT! Shaking his head, Big Show tells Flair he’s about to finish him off ... WHEN CHAVO GUERRERO GRABS BIG SHOW’S LEG FROM THE OUTSIDE!

Chavo holds onto Show’s leg for dear life, forcing Show to dump Flair and concentrate on Chavo, as the referee also scolds him ... WHEN FLAIR SUDDENLY STRIKES FROM BEHIND SHOW WITH A LOW BLOW ... THEN ROLLS HIM UP ... AND GETS THE THREE COUNT!

Winners: Intercontinental Champion Ric Flair & Chavo Guerrero via pinfall @ 8:20

*ALSO SPRAUCH ZARATHUSTRA*

Lilian Garcia: Here are your winners, the Intercontinental Champion, Ric Flair & Chavo Guerrero!

Flair quickly rolls from the ring as he and Chavo back up the ramp, having lied, cheated and stole, using one of the dirtiest tricks in the game to pick up the win, much to the crowd’s delight. Show meanwhile sits in the ring in shock, still tending to his nuts (lovely, I know), with Kane soon joining him.

Jerry Lawler: They did it!

Jonathan Coachman: They cheated!

Jerry Lawler: ‘Naitch’ and Chavo have picked up an amazing victory.

Jonathan Coachman: Those no good scumbags Flair & Guerrero have stolen a victory!

Joey Styles: Whether by hook or crook, Ric Flair & Chavo Guerrero have pulled off an amazing upset against the World Tag Team Champions ... could a title shot be on the horizon for these two?

Jonathan Coachman: Not a chance! The greatest General Manager in the history of the WWE, Eric Bischoff, would never allow cheaters like these two to get a shot at the title after winning like that.

We get another look at the elated duo of Flair & Chavo, before heading away to a commercial break.

*Commercial Break*

We return from the break to see RAW General Manager, Eric Bischoff seated behind his desk, when suddenly he hears a knock at his door.

Eric Bischoff: Come in!

The door now swings open as we see The Redneck Wrecking Crew come into the room, looking rather flustered.

Eric Bischoff: Ah, well if it isn’t two of my favourite superstars on the RAW roster. Cade, Murdoch, what can I do for ya’, fellas?

Trevor Murdoch: Mr. Bischoff, did ya’ – did ya’ see what happened to us earlier? Did you see what that damn no good Shelton Benjamin, did ya’ see what he did to us? He EMBARRASSED US, MR. BISCHOFF, HE EMBARRASSED US! NO ONE EMBARRASSES US! NO ONE!

Lance Cade: Mr. Bischoff, we understand that you’ve got a lot on your plate, but we want Charlie Haas, we want Shelton Benjamin, we want both of ‘em – BOTH OF ‘EM ... PUNISHED!

Eric Bischoff: You want Haas & Benjamin punished, huh? Well I’ll tell you what, gentlemen: me, I’m not gonna’ directly do that.

Lance Cade: You’re – you’re not?

Eric Bischoff: No, I’m not, but what I am gonna’ do is give the two of you a chance to do it for yourselves. Y’see, I’ve been watching Haas & Benjamin, and it seems to me that there’s a certain reluctance between the two to team up once again, so here’s what I’m gonna’ do for the two of you. Next week, it’ll be the two of you, The Redneck Wrecking Crew, against ... The World’s, Greatest, Tag Team.

Lance Cade: Thank you, Mr. Bischoff, and lemme’ guaran – damn – tee you, next week, we’re gonna’ show those two has-beens who the real world’s greatest tag team is.

Cade & Murdoch both smile at Bischoff, when suddenly the door to Bischoff’s office opens, and in storms Triple H!

Eric Bischoff: Triple H! Uh, listen Cade, Murdoch, I’ll talk a little more to you guys later, but just remember, that match for next week is all yours.

Cade & Murdoch now leave the room, leaving a fuming Triple H and Bischoff alone.

Eric Bischoff: Don’t you ever knock? I – I could be ...

Triple H: I WANT ... SHANE!

Eric Bischoff: What in the hell are you talking about?

Triple H: Shane McMahon. I want him ... tonight.

Eric Bischoff: You want – you want to wrestle Shane McMahon ... tonight? I’m sorry Triple H, but that just isn’t going to happen. Y’see, you know I like you, but as far as giving you Shane McMahon ... well, I just can’t do that. First of all, I haven’t even seen the McMahons today, and second of all, I’ll be damned if I’m going to step on their toes just because you want me to. I already did enough for you when I got you that number thirty spot last night. If you want anything else, especially if it is to do with the McMahons, well, you’re just gonna’ have to go to them.

Tripper stares at Bischoff for a moment, unmoving, before snarling and leaving the room in a huff, allowing Bischoff to breathe a sigh of relief.

We now cut back to ringside to hear ...

*TIME TO ROCK N’ ROLL*

The crowd comes alive for the sexy laugh of Toronto’s gift to the WWE, before growing louder into a very nice pop as the Women’s Champion, Trish Stratus walks out onto the stage and plays it up to the crowd, her Women’s Championship over her shoulder. Upon walking down to the ring Stratus takes it upon herself to slap hands with the fans at ringside, before climbing into the ring and parading around with the Women’s Title that she retained last night at the Royal Rumble.

Joey Styles: Some very interesting developments backstage with Triple H going to RAW General Manager, Eric Bischoff and requesting a match with the man, who last night inadvertently may have eliminated him from the Royal Rumble in Shane McMahon, although we have to move on from that as the woman who last night retained her title against Victoria, is tonight in action against Candice Michelle.

Jerry Lawler: Hang on, Joey. Going back to what we just saw, I believe that Eric Bischoff did the right thing by not stepping on the toes of the McMahons. I mean, as the old saying goes, you don’t cross the boss.

Jonathan Coachman: Absolutely, ‘King’, and Eric Bischoff is smart enough to know that. Another thing though, Joe: Trish Stratus only retained her Women’s Title last night thanks to Mickie James. If not for Mickie, Victoria would rightfully be our Women’s Champion.

Joey Styles: I dunno’ about that, ‘Coach’. Despite what Victoria may say, we won’t know what would have happened had Mickie James not got involved last night, nor do we know her intentions.

Lilian Garcia: The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, she is the WWE Women’s Champion, Trish Stratus!

*WHAT LOVE IS*

The crowd barely reacts as Candice Michelle now walks out onto the stage, although the reaction soon picks up as she is followed out by Victoria. Stopping at the top of the ramp, Candice looks at Victoria and smiles, before walking down to the ring and giving us her usual entrance of disrobing on the apron.

Joey Styles: Why am I not surprised? Victoria has no business out here, yet she continues to stick her nose in the business of Trish Stratus!

Jonathan Coachman: No business? Joe, last night Trish Stratus had Mickie James on hand against Victoria. Well tonight, Candice has Victoria on hand against Stratus. It’s called giving Trish a taste of her own medicine.

Jerry Lawler: And we did hear Victoria say earlier that she would be watching this match very closely, so to me, this doesn’t come as much of a surprise.

Lilian Garcia: Her opponent, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Candice Michelle!

Match Three ~ Singles Match:
Women’s Champion Trish Stratus vs. Candice Michelle w/ Victoria

Following the defence of her Women’s Title last night, Trish Stratus would have to be considered the favourite. However, with her foe from last night in Victoria at ringside, the match begins with an immediate distraction, allowing Candice to takes an advantage as she runs across the ring and hammers Stratus in the back with a forearm, reminiscent to how Victoria kicked off the match last night. Candice, knowing she’s up against it tonight, isn’t about to give her advantage up easily either, as she stomps away on Stratus, before keeping right on her with an arsenal mainly comprising of strikes and cheap chokes, while also letting Victoria get involved as she leaves Stratus hanging across the second rope and distracts the referee, allowing Victoria to send Stratus falling back into the ring with a right hand for a two count. Despite bringing about a few more two counts, Candice is still unable to get the job done, as she resorts to trying to make Stratus submit, locking in a surfboard stretch. However, the tenacious Women’s Champion has other ideas as she fights back up to her feet instead of quitting, only to be thrown back down to the mat by the hair.

Realising she’ll have to start to bust out the bigger moves to pick up the win, Candice poses to the crowd, before picking Stratus up by the hair and dragging her across to the corner, looking to execute her rope hung legscissor choke. Stratus, however, has other ideas, as while Candice plays it up to the men in the crowd, Stratus turns around and drills Candice, who is sitting on the top rope, with a right hand, stunning her. Stratus then sits Candice up on the second turnbuckle and hits another right, before backing away ... AND CHARGING BACK TO NAIL THE STRATUSPHERE! Both women are down for a moment following this move, with Stratus recovering from the sustained assault of Candice, whilst Candice finds herself in immense pain following the Stratusphere. However, both women break through the pain barrier and fight back up to their feet, engaging in an exchange of right hands which Stratus wins, before whipping Candice off to the ropes and flooring her with a Lou Thesz press on the rebound. Raining down upon Candice with right hands, Stratus takes out her rage on her opponent, before rolling off her and planting her with a spinebuster for a two count.

After getting back to her feet, Stratus waits on Candice to get back up, before kicking her in the midsection ... AND GRABBING HER FOR THE STRATUSFACTION --- BUT CANDICE PUSHES HER OFF! Stratus runs at the ropes, then comes back and grabs Candice by the arm, whipping her off, with Candice coming back with a clothesline attempt ... but Trish pulls out the Matrish ... THEN HOOKS HER LEGS AROUND THE HEAD OF CANDICE --- HEADSCISSORS TAKEDOWN! Candice gets right back up to her feet looking extremely disorientated and Stratus immediately grabs her ... STRATUSFACTION! STRATUS NAILS IT! Hooking the leg, Stratus looks relieved as she gains the three count.

Winner: Women’s Champion Trish Stratus via pinfall @ 4:38

*TIME TO ROCK N’ ROLL*

Lilian Garcia: Here is your winner ...

Lilian gets no time to finish, as Victoria climbs into the ring and floors Stratus as soon as the match ends. Looking to make a statement, Victoria climbs on top of Stratus and begins to tee off with some mounted punches, when suddenly the crowd gives a big pop ... as Mickie James is shown running down the ramp. Mickie slides into the ring and charges across, hitting a low dropkick to the side of Victoria’s head, sending her rolling to the ropes. Quickly following up, Mickie gets up and kicks Victoria from the ring, before yelling at her over the ropes much to the delight of the crowd. Mickie then backs away from the ropes, as Trish gets up and starts to reach her arm up around her ... BUT MICKIE TURNS AND FLOORS STRATUS WITH A BIG FOREARM! The crowd gasps, as Mickie turns around and sees what she’s done, as Stratus is done ... and looks to be out cold! Gasping, Mickie looks down at Stratus in shock, before backing away into the corner as the referee checks on her.

Joey Styles: Did that just happen? Did Mickie James just floor Trish Stratus?

Jonathan Coachman: Haha, this is great!

Jerry Lawler: Was it – was it intentional? Or do you think Mickie just acted on instincts?

Joey Styles: I dunno, ‘King’, but this could go a long way to telling us whether or not Mickie James if for or against Trish Stratus.

We again see Trish being tended to by the official, before cutting backstage to see Todd Grisham.

Todd Grisham: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guests at this time, Chris Masters & Carlito!

The crowd reacts with some decent heat as both Chris Masters & Carlito walk into picture. Masters, like always, is showing off his phenomenal physique by flexing his muscles, while Carlito coolly tosses his apple up and down.

Todd Grisham: Gentlemen, tonight the two of you face two of the biggest challengers of your careers, as tonight, Carlito, you go one-on-one with John Cena, and Chris, you go one-on-one with the returning Rob Van Dam. First up Chris, what are your thoughts on facing RVD, who last night eliminated you from the Royal Rumble, following Carlito running away from him?

Carlito: Whoa, hang on just a minute ‘dere, Kermit. Did ‘ju just say ‘dat Carlito was running away from Rob Van Dam? Do ‘ju think ‘dat Carlito is scared of Rob Van Dam?

Todd Grisham: Well ... yeah.

Carlito: ARE ‘JU KIDDING ME? Carlito, scared of Rob Van Dam? Carlito ... Carlito isn’t scared of anyone! If anyone is scared of anyone, Rob Van Dam – Rob Van Dam is scared of Carlito! Yeah, ‘das right. I mean, ‘ju all saw what Carlito did to Rob Van Dam last time he was in a RAW ring. Carlito – Carlito brutalised him! Carlito left Rob Van Dam lying in a broken heap, left to wallow in his own self pity for six long months, so if anyone is scared of anyone, Rob Van Dam, he’s scared of Carlito, not ‘da otha’ way around!

Chris Masters: That is ex – actly right, and ‘Lito, I’m gonna’ give you my personal guarantee ... tonight, when I lock these babies (tensing his biceps) up around the neck of Rob Van Dam tonight ... well, let’s just say RVD is gonna’ need to spend another six months on the sideline to recover from his NEXT injury.

Carlito: Now ‘das ... ‘das what I like to hear.

Chris Masters: You see, R – V – D, you may think in your own little mind that your arrival back here on Monday Night RAW is somethin’ special. You may think that people have waited for it. You may think that it actually means somethin’, but lemme’ let you in on somethin’, Van Dam ... no one cares about you anymore. Y’see, since you went on your little ... (smirking) sabbatical, shall we say ... things have changed here on Monday Night RAW. There is some new blood, there is a new generation here at the top of RAW, and lemme’ tell ya’, Rob, it ain’t you. You may call yourself ‘Mr. Monday Night’, but Rob, you may as well call me ‘Mr All Week Long’, because if you step into the ring with me every single week of the night, the same result is gonna’ occur, whether it’s Monday night or Sunday night, and that’s that you’ll be left layin’.

Masters smirks again.

Chris Masters: So Rob, you may wanna’ get your wife back home to record this night, because I guarantee you, once I’m done with you, you ain’t gonna’ be remembering too much of it.

Masters smirks and now takes a step back, giving Todd Grisham the guts to once again speak up.

Todd Grisham: Okay then, well Carlito, I was wondering, what are your thoughts before your match with John Cena?

Carlito: Todd, I’mma let ‘ju in on something right here. Do ‘ju remember about a year and a half ago, when Carlito made his debut here in ‘da WWE on Friday Night SmackDown!? Do ‘ju remember ‘dat, Todd?

Todd Grisham: Yeah ...

Carlito: Do ‘ju also remember who Carlito defeated on ‘dat very night?

Todd Grisham: Yeah ... you defeated John Cena.

Carlito: ‘Das exactly right. Carlito an’ John Cena, we have history. ‘Ju see, without John Cena, Carlito wouldn’t be ‘da star he is today ... but without Carlito, neither would John Cena. And ‘ju see, ‘das why tonight means so much, because just like – just like by even coming into presence in ‘da first place, Carlito made John Cena’s career, tonight, Carlito is going to break John Cena’s career.

Bold words, as Masters smirks in the background.

Carlito: ‘Ju see, following his loss ‘dis past Sunday night, John Cena, he’s weak, he’s fragile. Mentally, John Cena, he’s just not all ‘dere. He is ripe, for ‘da picking, an’ Carlito is just ‘da type of man to finish John Cena off once and for all. John Cena, your music says ‘da time is now, and well, ‘ju’re right. ‘Da time for Carlito is now, and just like ‘ju were Carlito’s stepping stone to success over on Friday Night SmackDown!, tonight, ‘ju are going to feel ‘da wrat’ of ‘da ‘Caribbean Bad Apple’.

Carlito pauses, smirking as he tosses his apple up and down.

Carlito: And ‘dat ... ‘das cool.

Carlito and Masters now exit stage left, as we head off to a commercial break.

*Commercial Break*

We come back into the arena, with quiet engulfing us for a moment, before ...

*TIME TO PLAY THE GAME*

The crowd EXPLODES into a gigantic mixed reaction as none other than Triple H walks out onto the top of the stage, stopping to look, a scowl upon his face, before beginning his march down to the ring.

Joey Styles: Triple H looks FAR from happy tonight, and really who can blame him? While I don’t necessarily like ‘The Game’, last night Shane McMahon, who wasn’t even meant to be in the Royal Rumble Match, came down and inadvertently caused his elimination.

Jonathan Coachman: Listen, Joe, usually, I’m a big fan of Triple H, but in this instance, I think he’s makin’ the wrong move. As the old saying goes, you don’t cross the boss, and that applies to the boss’ son too.

Jerry Lawler: I’m with ‘Coach’ on this one. The smart thing for Triple H to do would be to forget it and move on, but quite frankly, I don’t think Triple H cares about the smart thing to do.

Not bothering to pander to the fans, Triple H now makes his way into the ring and immediately receives a microphone, before standing in the middle of the squared circle.

Triple H: Cut, the damn, music.

The music indeed cuts out, leaving the mixed reaction to be the only audible sound as it continues to engulf the Amway Arena.

Triple H: ...

After raising his microphone, Triple H waits again, as the reaction just continues. Finally, after a few moments, Triple H decides he can speak.

Triple H: Y’know, all of this, it’s kind of ironic. All of you people, you all boo me because you say I’m cold. You say I’m heartless. You say I don’t give a damn about anyone but myself. You’ve been saying this for years And you know what? It may well be true. In fact, it is. All of it. But y’see, the moment – the moment I change all of that, the moment that I try to help someone, the moment that I finally begin to care, surprise surprise, it all comes back, and it bites me right in the ass. What am I talking about? I’m talking about what happened last night at the Royal Rumble.

Mixed reaction.

Triple H: Now, as I’m sure you all saw last night, I did something I don’t usually do. I went out of my way to not only do something nice for someone, but I went out of my way to help the devil himself, Vincent, Kennedy, McMahon.

Huge heat.

Triple H: I know, I know; I’m not a fan of the guy either. In fact, you might even say I hate his guts.

Pop.

Triple H: But that’s beside the point. The fact of the matter is that last night, I went out of my way to be a nice guy. I went out of my way to make a promise to Vince, that as long as he scratched my back, I’d scratch his too. I told Vince ... no, I gave Vince my word that if, when I entered the Royal Rumble Match, Shawn Michaels was still alive that I, and no one else, would finish him off for Vince once and for all ...

Heat.

Triple H: Provided – provided that Vince kept all of his little lackeys out of my way. Now I know that Vince isn’t ... well, let’s just say he isn’t the most reliable guy in the world. In fact, I’d believe that Barry Bonds isn’t on the juice before I’d take Vince’s word the majority of the time. Regardless, last night, I decided that I’d put aside my usual ideas, and I decided that I’d help someone out in need. I decided to listen to my heart, and let me now state that I will NEVER make that same mistake again.

Mixed reaction.

Triple H: So now that ‘The Game’ is back, now that the Triple H of old is back, lemme’ ask you something, Vince, and I really want you to think about this. After catching me in a rare moment of kindness, after getting something from me that you thought you would never get, did you really think,that after telling me no one would interfere with me, that after telling me that you’d keep all of your little lackeys out of the way, that after, in exchange for my word, you gave me your word that I’d be happy when you went ahead and SPAT IN MY FACE BY SENDING THE BIGGEST LACKEY OF THEM ALL DOWN TO THE RING? DID YOU REALLY THINK THAT I WOULD BE HAPPY WHEN THE SPITTING IMAGE OF EVERY – THING, EVERYTHING I HATE ABOUT THE MCMAHON FAMILY RAN DOWN TO THE RING, AND NOT ONLY SHOVED HIS UGLY MUG IN MY BUSINESS, BUT ALSO COST ME MY CHANCE TO GO ON AND HEADLINE WRESTLEMANIA?

HUGE mixed reaction for the amazing showing of intensity from Triple H.

Triple H: Vince ... did you really ... REALLY think I’d be happy after that? Because if you did, I’m gonna’ let you in on a little secret ... you were wrong ... DEAD WRONG.

Mixed reaction.

Triple H: Vince, in case you haven’t noticed, I don’t like you. I have NEVER liked you. And yet for some reason or another, Vince, you seem to think that crossing me is a good idea. You seem to think that costing me a shot at the one thing that means more than life itself to me, you seem to think that costing me a shot at the WWE Championship, you seem to think that’s a good idea. Well guess what ... IT’S NOT!

Small mixed reaction.

Triple H: Last night, by being the nice guy, by offering to help you, by trusting you, Vince, I made the single biggest mistake of, my, life. But let me assure you, I have learnt from last night, and I will NEVER make the same mistake again.

Small mixed reaction.

Triple H: In case you haven’t caught on, Vince, Shane, I’m not playing games anymore. I’m not being nice anymore. I’m not caring anymore. After one night of being the nice guy I’m done with all of that, and now you two are gonna’ pay. You think I’m cold? Calculating? Callous? Evil, even? Good, because I am gonna’ show you just why it is they call me the ‘Cerebral Assassin’.

Small mixed reaction.

Triple H: For the two of you it is GAME ... OVER!

Big reaction of mainly cheers.

Triple H: So if you have the guts, you’ll get your asses out to the ring, right ... now!

Triple H goes silent as the crowd now buzzes with anticipation, waiting to see if the McMahons will have the guts to take up the challenge from Triple H and make their way out to the ring. After a short while it looks like no one will come out, however, that all changes when all of a sudden we hear ...

*SEXY BOY*

The crowd acts surprised at first, not expecting this, although they soon enough give a big pop as Shawn Michaels walks out onto the stage, looking as serious as a heart attack. Not bothering to set off his pyro, Michaels instead solemnly walks down the ramp, not even acknowledging the fans at ringside.

Joey Styles: Well, this certainly wasn’t what Triple H expected.

Jonathan Coachman: I dunno’ what Triple H was expecting. Does he really think he can disrespect the boss like that, then expect him to come out? Outrageous.

Michaels now climbs up into the ring and receives a microphone of his own, before standing face to face with ‘The Game’.

Shawn Michaels: Now, now, I know what you’re all thinkin’. “’Aitch Bee Kay, Triple ‘Aitch didn’t say your name. He didn’t call you out. What are you doin’ out here?” Well y’see, it’s quite simple. I’m out here to do what I believe is the right thing, and that is giving a warning to you, Triple H.

Michaels continues to point towards Triple H.

Shawn Michaels: Now I know, I know. Me and you, well, Hunter, let’s just say for the past four years, we haven’t exactly been the best of friends. In fact, it wouldn’t be a stretch to say that we’ve been ... enemies. But, when I see someone do somethin’ like this, regardless of who they are, I can’t just sit back and watch. Besides, there was a time, four, five years ago, that me an’ you, we were inseparable, Hunter.

Triple H: Shawn, listen, I appreciate the ‘help’, but really, I don’t ...

Shawn Michaels: Ah, ba-ba-ba-ba-ba. Stop right there. Now Hunter, like I said, we used to be the best of buds, we used to be inseparable, so I’d like to think I know a little somethin’ about you, and unless you’ve changed, which I highly doubt, I know that you think you can do this all on your own, and that you don’t need any advice. Well, I’m out here to tell you that first off, no, you can’t, and second, yes, you do.

Michaels pauses for a moment and smiles, while Triple H looks on, perhaps a bit agitated.

Shawn Michaels: So, despite you tryin’ to eliminate ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ last night in your little deal with Vince McMahon, tonight, is still gonna’ be your lucky night, boyo.

Another little smile from Michaels.

Shawn Michaels: Triple ‘Aitch, as I said, me and’ you, we go back a loooong way. It wasn’t just four years ago that we were buds, oh no. Ten years ago, ne an’ you were running buddies in a lil’ faction called D-Generation X.

Big pop for the DX mention.

Shawn Michaels: Now, the reason I bring up the old DX days isn’t just to give those of you in the audience a history lesson, or to reminisce with my old buddy over here, but instead, it’s to give you an example, because ten years ago, I would have done the exact same thing that you were doin’ just a moment ago, Triple ‘Aitch. An’ while I’d like to think that ten years later, I’ve grown a little past that, the point still remains that ...

Triple H: Whoa, hold on just a minute. You’ve grown ... ‘past that’? What are you sayin’, Shawn? Is there somethin’ you wanna’ say about to me? Because it sure sounds that way to me, Shawn.

Shawn Michaels: As a matter o’ fact, there is somethin’ I wanna’ say to ya’, so if you’ll just let me speak, I’ll be able to say it.

The crowd, unsure what to make of this situation, stay silent as Michaels pauses. Triple H, obviously not happy with what Michaels is saying, sneers away.

Shawn Michaels: Okay, now, as I was sayin’, ten years ago, I would’ve done that, because you still have what we both had ten years ago back in the DX days, and that is that attitude. Now me, I ditched that when I found myself my lord, and my saviour. But you, Triple ‘Aitch, you still have it runnin’ through you as strong as ever, and that is exactly what Vince wants.

The crowd murmurs as Shawn pauses for a brief moment.

Shawn Michaels: Don’t ya’ see, Hunter? You are playin’ right into his hands. He wants to bring that hot streak out of you. He wants to bring that attitude out of you. He wants to see the olllllld Triple ‘Aitch!

Triple H: Hang on. So basically, what you’re tellin’ me is that Vince McMahon ... wants me to kick Vince McMahon’s ass? Yeah, right.

Shawn Michaels: You don’t believe me, huh? Lemme’ ask you this: this past Sunday, you agreed to help Vince by eliminatin’ me from the Royal Rumble. Why is it that Vince didn’t want me to win and go on to main event WrestleMania 22? Why is it that for the past few months, Vince McMahon has had his target set squarely on me? Why is it that he has been tryin’ to make my life, and only my life, a living hell? It’s not because I told him to grow up, oh no ... it’s because I grew up. And now you, Hunter, you need to do the same.

Shawn looks at Triple H as the crowd stays silent.

Shawn Michaels: Think about it, Hunter. Do you wanna’ play Vince’s game, or do you wanna’ play your own?

Another slight pause, as Triple H looks to ponder Shawn’s question for a moment.

Triple H: ... Shane, Vince, get your asses out here now!

Michaels just sighs, allowing Tripper to go on, rather than standing in his way as we wait for a moment before ...

*FIRESTORM*

What? The crowd is shocked again, before giving some decent heat as Gregory Helms walks out to the top of the ramp wearing a button up shirt, jeans and a beanie, microphone already in hand.

Gregory Helms: Sorry for interrupting this cute little reunion we have goin’ on here in the ring, but I, and these people have all heard enough of this, so it’s time somebody put an end to it.

Heat.

Triple H: Hang on a minute ... who are you again?

Small pop as Helms smiles at the top of the ramp.

Gregory Helms: Who am I? That’s cute ... that’s very cute, but by now, I’m sure you, along with every single person in this arena, are fully aware of just who I am. However, for the benefit of those who have been livin’ under a rock and missed my rise from under a mask of mediocrity to greatness, allow me to educate you.

Slight pause from Helms.

Gregory Helms: I, am the leader of a new generation. I, am the voice of each and every one of the WWE fans, who previously, did not have a voice to speak for them ...

Heat, as the crowd obviously don’t want to be represented by Helms.

Gregory Helms: I, am the shooting star here on Monday Night RAW. I, am the man who last night, was the breakout star of the Royal Rumble. I am not just your hero, but I am the hero of everybody worldwide ... I am ... Gregory ... Helms!

Helms holds his head up to the sky and takes a few deep breaths, getting some very nice heat from the crowd.

Gregory Helms: But y’see, as much as you all want to hear about just who I am and what I’ve done, I didn’t come out here just to speak about that. Oh no, I came out here to, as I have already said, put an end to this little charade goin’ on in the ring, because as much as I just love hearin’ you, Shawn Michaels, cryin’ that Mr. McMahon has made your life a living hell, and you, Triple H, cryin’ that Mr. McMahon cost you the Royal Rumble, I, and these people have heard enough, so I’m here to put a stop to this.

Triple H: Look, I don’t care what you’re out here for, because quite frankly, I don’t give a damn about you.

Pop.

Triple H: So, if you’ll just shut your mouth for one damn moment, I’ll give you a free pass and forget this ever happened. Open your mouth again, and you may well be joining the McMahon family ...

Gregory Helms: I may be joining Vince and Shane? Where, in Stamford, Connecticut?

Triple H mouths ‘WHAT?’ at Helms, who is now smirking.

Gregory Helms: Oh, what, you didn’t know? Yeah, that’s right: Vince and Shane ... they ain’t here tonight.

HUGE heat.

Gregory Helms: Now, for all of us, that is the bad news. However, I also bring some good news with me, right from the lips of the boss himself.

Smirking, Helms oozes confidence, despite mouthing off to two of the biggest stars in the WWE.

Gregory Helms: As you have already reminded us all, Triple H, last night, there was a little ... bounty, shall we say, over the head of the man standin’ right beside you, Shawn Michaels. And while you tried to claim that bounty, Hunter ...

Triple H and Shawn Michaels look at one another somewhat uncomfortably.

Gregory Helms: ... you were unsuccessful ... but I – I wasn’t.

Helms again smirks, pausing as Shawn and Tripper turn their attention back to him.

Gregory Helms: So, as a reward for what I did last night, Vince McMahon has granted me a match, any match that I want, for next week ... on RAW ... and I ... well, let’s just say I already have a match in mind. Next week, it is gonna’ be me, goin’ one-on-one with ...

Dramatic pause.

Gregory Helms: ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels!

Another big pop.

Gregory Helms: And lemme’ assure you right now that next week ... I’m gonna’ finish the job that I started for Mr. McMahon last night.

*FIRESTORM*

Helms now smirks at the top of the ramp, before walking off backstage, leaving Shawn Michaels to look up at the ramp where Helms just was, while Triple H just stares at Michaels, knowing he didn’t get what he had wanted tonight.

Joey Styles: Triple H didn’t get what he wanted here tonight in the McMahons, but what an announcement for next week! The man who shocked us all last night when he not only eliminated Shawn Michaels, but also made it down to the final four of the Royal Rumble, Gregory Helms goes one-on-one with ‘The Heartbreak Kid’, Shawn Michaels.

Jonathan Coachman: And next week, Helms is gonna’ continue to rise up the ladder here on Monday Night RAW by finishing Shawn Michaels off once and for all, Joe.

Jerry Lawler: I don’t know about that, ‘Coach’, but I do know that I’m starting to join you on the Helms bandwagon.

Jonathan Coachman: Soon enough the Helms bandwagon is gonna’ be full, baby. The man is too good not to be supported.

We now cut away to go backstage, where we see Todd Grisham standing by.

Todd Grisham: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, the returning Rob ... Van ... Dam!

Rob Van Dam walks into the picture to a MASSIVE pop, looking quietly confident, as per usual.

Todd Grisham: First off all, Rob, welcome back here to Monday Night RAW.

Rob Van Dam: Thank you.

Todd Grisham: Now of course, tonight, you make your return to RAW, but you don’t have it easy as you go one-on-one with ‘The Masterpiece’ Chris Masters. What are your thoughts on facing Masters?

Rob Van Dam: Y’know, ever since I was first injured over a year ago, back on SmackDown!, I’ve been preparin’ for my return, not just by rehabbing myself, nut just by keeping myself strong, but by waiting, and watching. Since last January I have watched every RAW, and I have every SmackDown!, and I’ve seen who has improved, who has seemingly lost it, and who is new on the scene. I’m not gonna’ lie. When I was sittin’ back at home and saw the debut of Chris Masters last February ... he caught my eye.

A slight smile, almost nervously, crosses the face of RVD.

Rob Van Dam: I mean, here’s a dude who is big, he’s strong, he’s powerful ... but he’s also smart. People say “Chris Masters? He’s just Carlito’s lackey!” And y’know, that’s true ... partially. Chris Masters is Carlito’s lackey, but he’s not just Carlito’s lackey. He’s 265 lbs of pure talent ... he may even be the future of this business. To sum him up, Chris Masters ... he’s a tough dude. But ... so is this dude.

RVD now smiles confidently as the crowd cheers.

Rob Van Dam: For over twelve months, I have been cooped up, waiting, longing for this moment. For over twelve months, I’ve been thinking about this moment. For over twelve months, I have been ready to kick some ass! Last night I may have made my return at the Royal Rumble, but tonight is my chance to make the mark that I couldn’t quite make last night. I’ll admit, I was disappointed when I couldn’t make a splash by winning the Royal Rumble, and finally puttin’ my name in the spotlight where it belongs ... but tonight, I make my mark ... I put my name in the spotlight, and I show why I am called ‘Mr. Monday Night’.

Pop.

Rob Van Dam: Tonight, I may be facin’ a ‘Masterpiece’, I may be facin’ the future of the WWE, but Chris Masters, tonight, you are going to find out that the present of the WWE is none other than R ... V ... D!

RVD smiles and looks set to walk off, only to turn back to the camera.

Rob Van Dam: Oh, and Carlito ... don’t think I’ve forgotten about you, because your time ... it’s comin’.

RVD now smiles and walks out of view as we head off to a commercial break.

*Commercial Break*

We return from the break to see Maria standing by (yes, back to back interviews).

Maria: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guest, ‘The Champ’ ... John Cena!

John Cena walks steps into view following his introduction, getting a big mixed reaction from the crowd.

Maria: John, last night you ... wait ... if you’re ‘The Champ’ ... then where’s your title?

Cena looks at Maria with a look of surprise, before turning serious.

John Cena: Maria, usually, you’re a lotta’ fun, but tonight – tonight I’m not in the mood, so if ya’ don’t mind ...

Cena motions for Maria to skidaddle, which she at first can’t interpret, before catching on and handing Cena the microphone on her way out. For the first time since coming to RAW, Cena looks almost nervous, unsure of himself ... apprehensive. Sucking it up, Cena takes in a deep breath, before beginning.

John Cena: Ever since I came here to Monday Night RAW last June, I think it’s fair to say that I’ve had everything go my way. I mean, I may have had some problems with some folk along the way ... our General Manager, Eric Bischoff ... Chris Jericho ... Kurt Angle ... but despite all o’ this, I had always pulled through. Despite all o’ this I remained ... ‘The Champ’. But not anymore ... not anymore.

Cena takes another deep breath.

John Cena: Despite everything I said to Edge in the weeks leadin’ up to the Royal Rumble, I gotta’ give credit where credit is due: Edge ... you put forward a heck of a performance at the Royal Rumble.There ain’t no doubtin’ that. And while maybe – maybe if Lita had kept her nouse outta’ my business, the result woulda’ been different, but I ain’t makin’ excuses ... you have earned the right to call yourself, you deserve to be W ... W ... E ... Champion.

Cena takes another deep breath to a mixed reaction from the crowd.

John Cena: Now, while I agree wit’ you in sayin’ that you deserve to be champ, another thing you said ... well, let’s just say it caught my attention. When you said ...

Cena smiles and laughs to himself.

John Cena: When you said that I jumped Kurt Angle from behind last night ... yeah, you caught my attention. Now I’m not gonna’ lie, what Kurt said to me last night ... it hurt. It cut me deep. Because y’see, last night after our match, Edge, I was reelin’. Much like Kurt, goin’ into last night, I was so sure, I was CERTAIN that I would regain the WWE Title that I had held for so long ... you might say I was a bit overconfident. So when I lost last night, I was shocked, I was hurt ... mentally, I wasn’t all there. But to say that I attacked Kurt? Edge, that’s not just a slight on me, but that’s also a slight on everything I stand for, because we all know that when it comes down to it ... I don’t need to hit Kurt from behind. Like I’ve always said, if y’all want some, come get some, and I’ll beat yo’ ass face ... to face.

The crowd gives a very loud mixed reaction to this.

John Cena: Now, as far as later tonight goes ... Carlito? I heard what you said earlier tonight. You said that following last night that I’m weak ... that I’m vulnerable ... that I’m ... broken. And y’know what Carlito ... if we were wrestlin’ twenty-four hours ago you would be exactly ... right. But Carlito, unlike some, I don’t dwell on what has happened, I don’t live in the past. I live here ... and I live now. Carlito, earlier tonight, you said we have a past, and you were right, but right now, none of that matters. You may think you’ve got my number, you may think I’m vulnerable, you may think I’m broken, but I’ll be DAMNED if I do not fight, if I do not keep on comin’, and that if I do not do everything in my power to win!

After this impassioned speech, Cena takes another deep breath, before smiling.

John Cena: Carlito, you may think that my time is up, but I guarantee you, my time is ... NOW!

We now cut away to ringside to hear ...

*MASTERPEICE*

The crowd gives some decent heat as Chris Masters goes through his usual routine of flexing his muscles to show off his awe inspiring physique while pyro flies off behind him. Following his, as per usual, impressive display, Masters smirks and walks down to the ring, ignoring the fans abuse from ringside as he does so. Upon climbing up into the ring, Masters still wears his smirk with pride, before holding his hands up in the Masterlock position, continuing to flex his impressive body as he does so.

Joey Styles: John Cena, promising not just Carlito, but everyone else he’s ready for tonight’s main event, but before we worry about that, right now Carlito’s buddy, ‘The Masterpiece’ in action here.

Jerry Lawler: And boy is he going to be in for one of the toughest matches of his young career.

Jonathan Coachman: But you better believe that ‘The Masterpiece’ is up to it, ‘King’. Look at him; the man’s a physical specimen, and he is certainly no slouch in the ring.

Lilian Garcia: The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, from Los Angeles, California, weighing 265 lbs, ‘The Masterpiece’ Chris Masters!

We now wait for a moment as the crowd buzzes, before hearing the sound of ...

*ONE OF A KIND*

The crowd EXPLODES into quite possibly the biggest pop of the night as the music commences, only to then grow even louder as Rob Van Dam walks out onto the stage. Stopping, RVD takes a moment to take the reaction in, before nodding in approval and walking down the ramp, slapping hands with the fans before stopping to do his classic ‘R ... V ... D’ thumb taunt along with the crowd. Smiling, Van Dam then jogs down the rest of the ramp and rolls into the ring, before continuing to pose for the fans.

Joey Styles: Last night, to an amazing ovation, Rob Van Dam made his return to the WWE with a very impressive showing, falling just short of winning the Royal Rumble Match. Tonight, RVD makes his return to Monday Night RAW, and I think it’s fair to say that tonight’s just about matches it.

Jerry Lawler: As RVD said earlier, he’s been waiting over a year for this moment, and he sure looks like he’s enjoying it!

Jonathan Coachman: It doesn’t matter how much these morons cheer RVD, or how long he’s been waiting for this moment. The fact of the matter is that tonight, Van Dam’s gonna’ be rusty, and he can’t afford that against ‘The Masterpiece’.

Lilian Garcia: His opponent, from Battle Creed, Michigan, weighing 225 lbs, making his return to Monday Night RAW ... Rob ... Van ... Dam!

Match Four ~ Singles Match:
Chris Masters vs. Rob Van Dam

The crowd are immediately into this match, with RVD taking a moment to take it all in once in the squared circle, before the two lockup for the first time. Masters obviously overpowers Van Dam, using his significant strength advantage to his, well, advantage at first, only for Van Dam to pick the pace up, hitting a few arm drags to keep the more powerful Masters off balance. Masters, however, is able to regain control not far into the match, as in what could perhaps be looked upon as a sign of ring rust, RVD goes up to the top rope too early without Masters being sufficiently weakened, allowing Masters to make his way over to the corner and cut RVD off, before sending him crashing down to the mat with a monstrous superplex. From here, we get the mandatory period of heel dominance, with Masters continuing to use his power, content for now to just punish Van Dam and only look for the pin attempt on the odd occasion. Following RVD almost mounting a comeback by escaping off the shoulders of Masters after being scooped up, Masters begins to get serious, as he cuts off the flurry from RVD with a Polish hammer to the charging superstars, following some quick rights from Van Dam.

Masters can only keep RVD down for a two count though, and with his inexperience coming into play, Masters is destined to slip up, which he does by calling for the Masterlock, following some mounted punches, only for RVD to then counter the Masterlock attempt by wrapping his legs up around the midsection of Masters and rolling him up for a two count. Masters tries to strike immediately after that, nailing a kick to the midsection, before trying to Irish whip Van Dam into the corner, only for Van Dam to reverse, then strike with a running shoulder block to the midsection. Van Dam hits a few more, then flips back and comes back at Masters, sending him flying overhead with a monkey flip. Getting right back up, Van Dam uses the last bit of energy in him to run off to the ropes, then bounce back, cartwheel over and hit a majestic moonsault to a big pop from the crowd. Following this burst of energy, Van Dam remains down beside Masers, who is also reeling following the string of offensive moves from ‘Mr. Monday Night’.

With the referee making his mandatory count, both men are forced to fight back up to their feet so as to not get counted out, going to opposite sides of the ring to do so. Slowly, they stagger towards one another, with Masters going for a right hand, only for RVD to duck. Masters swings for another right, but again, Van Dam ducks before blasting off a quick series of his own, sending Masters staggering back into the ropes. Looking to immediately follow up, Van Dam sends Masters off with an Irish whip, then catches him with a back body drop on the rebound. Masters gets up holding his back, although he’s soon sent back onto it as RVD nails a snap suplex, then makes the cover, getting a two count. Van Dam looks as if he hasn’t missed a beat as Masters gets up, hitting another few quick right hands before whipping him off to the ropes again. Masters springs back at Van Dam, though he jumps over him as Van Dam goes down with the splits, then sends Masters flying overhead with a monkey flip on the rebound. Getting back to his feet, RVD smiles, before looking to the crowd who pop, and running off to the ropes ... then nailing the rolling thunder! Masters is clearly reeling as RVD now covers him, but yet again, he only gets two.

Not wanting to show any disappointment, RVD gets back up to his feet and waits for Masters to do so too, before peppering him with rights and whipping him off into the corner. Looking to the crowd for approval once more, RVD gets a small pop and nods his head, before charging in and smashing his boot into the jaw of Masters with a beautiful spinning heel kick. Masters is on jelly legs as he looks to stagger out of the corner, though he gets scooped up and slammed down by Van Dam in the corner, before Van Dam steps over his body and jumps up to the top rope ... SPRINGING BACK OFF HIS CALVES FOR THE SPLIT LEGGED MOONSAULT --- BUT MASTERS GETS HIS KNEES UP AND RVD CRASHES AND BURNS! Masters slowly gets up with a smile on his face, looking down at RVD who is writhing in pain on the mat. Slowly, RVD starts to get up, only to get scooped up by Masters into a torture rack position, with Masters contorting the body of RVD for a moment ... BEFORE DROPPING TO HIS KNEES AND SENDING A SHOCK RIGHT THROUGH THE SPINE OF RVD! Masters stays on his knees for a moment, smirking as RVD rolls around the mat in pain before confidently making the cover, only to get two! Masters can’t believe it as he gets up, shouting at the referee, before calling for the Masterlock. The crowd gives decent heat as RVD slowly struggles back to his feet ... AND MASTERS KEENLY LOOKS TO LOCK IN THE MASTERLOCK --- BUT RVD QUICKLY COUNTERS AND SNAPMARES HIM OVER!

Masters is shocked as he turns and wildly swings for a clothesline, but RVD ducks under it and runs off to the corner, jumping up to the second rope ... THEN COMING BACK WITH A THRUST KICK TO THE JAW OF MASTERS! Masters is down, and possibly out with that kick catching him right on the button, prompting RVD to head across to the corner and spring up to the top rope ... THEN LAUNCH HIMSELF INTO THE AIR FOR THE FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH --- AND LAND DIRECTLY ON TOP OF MATSERS! RVD rolls around in pain for a moment before making the cover and getting the three count.

Winner: Rob Van Dam via pinfall @ 9:47

*ONE OF A KIND*

Lilian Garcia: Here is your winner, Rob ... Van ... Dam!

The crowd gives a huge pop as Rob Van Dam gets back up to his feet and has his hand raised by the referee, signifying his big return victory in a hard fought match against ‘The Masterpiece’. Wanting to acknowledge the fans, Van Dam quickly heads across to the corner and continues to play to them, keeping the large reaction going.

Joey Styles: ‘Mr. Monday Night’ RVD making a huge impact upon his return to Monday Night RAW with a big victory over ‘The Masterpiece’ Chris Masters.

Jerry Lawler: But what an effort from Masters that was! He had RVD on the ropes there!

Jonathan Coachman: Exactly right, ‘King’. If things had just gone Masters’ way he would have had RVD put away. Fact is, RVD got lucky.

Joey Styles: But things didn’t go Masters’ way thanks to RVD. As far as I’m concerned, ‘Coach’, RVD earned his win here tonight.

We now cut away to see Carlito walking down a hallway, tossing his apple up and down.

Jonathan Coachman: Regardless of whether RVD earned his win or not, Joe, this man Carlito, he’s gonna’ earn his win against the former, that’s right, I said FORMER WWE Champion, John Cena ... next.

*Commercial Break*

We come back from the break to hear ...

*COOL*

The crowd gives some pretty nice heat as the cool Caribbean, Carlito walks out onto the top of the ramp, tossing his apple up and down and talking animatedly about how he’s going to kick Cena’s ass, while also dissing the fans. Smirking away to himself, ‘Lito seems extremely confident as he makes his way up into the ring, holding his arms out to the fans, continuing to garner heat.

Joey Styles: Tonight is a big chance for Carlito to make his mark, facing John Cena, who many believe, will not be at his best.

Jonathan Coachman: It doesn’t matter if Cena is at his best, baby, because when it comes down to it, my main man ‘Lito is better than that chump Cena anyway.

Jerry Lawler: You’ve also got to remember that not only is Cena mentally hurting, but after a war with Edge last night, he may well be physically hurting too!

Lilian Garcia: The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from San Juan, Puerto Rico, weighing 220 lbs, Carlito!

*MY TIME IS NOW*

The crowd elicits a gigantic mixed reaction, as the former WWE Champion, the man who last night lost an intense battle to Edge, ‘The Doctor of Thuganomics’ John Cena runs out onto the stage, then salutes the crowd, walking down the ramp with a look of fierce determination in his eyes. Cena slides into the ring and throws his shirt off out to the crowd, ready for the contest to commence.

Joey Styles: Say what you will, ‘Coach’, but after hearing John Cena speak earlier tonight and seeing him now, I believe Cena is ready for anything Carlito can throw at him.

Jonathan Coachman: And he would wanna’ be, ‘cause if he’s not, Cena’s just a sittin’ duck for ‘Lito.

Lilian Garcia: His opponent, from West Newbury, Massachusetts, weighing 248 lbs, John Cena!

Main Event ~ Singles Match:
Carlito vs. John Cena

Despite both men having something to prove, we get a somewhat slow start to this match, with Carlito trying to keep constant space between he and Cena in an attempt to not let Cena take control. Cena, however, is still able to control things early, using side headlocks to keep on top of Carlito, before Carlito escapes with some body shots and a poke to the eye. Carlito then charges at Cena, only to be thrown over the top rope and out to the floor. Taking his time on the outside, Carlito is allowed to recover by the referee who initially restrains Cena, before eventually letting him go out to the ring. This, however, gives Carlito a chance to take control, as after running from Cena and sliding back into the ring, he then stomps on Cena, and despite Cena’s attempts to fight back, ‘Lito is able to smother Cena and put together a solid period of dominance. Allowing Cena to play the face in peril for an extended time, Carlito goes to the bodyscissors a few times (continuing the assault on Cena’s midsection which edge began last night), which Cena eventually fights back out of, before running off to the ropes, only to be rocked with a beautiful dropkick by ‘Lito for a two count. Looking annoyed at the fact that Cena kicked out, ‘Lito goes high risk, heading up to the top rope. He then waits for Cena to get up, before jumping from the top rope and going for a crossbody ... BUT CENA CATCHES HIM AND HOISTS HIM UP FOR THE F-U --- ONLY FOR ‘LITO TO SLPI OUT!

Carlito then runs off to the ropes behind Cena and bounces back, before being caught with a kick to the midsection and thrown overhead with a fisherman suplex from Cena, sending both men down. Slowly, both men struggle back to their feet, before beginning the usual fist exchange, which Cena of course wins. Looking to follow up, Cena then tries to whip ‘Lito off to the ropes, only for ‘Lito to reverse, with Cena bouncing back, then taking his foe down with a jumping shoulder block. Cena then springs back up to his feet and takes his rising opponent down with a second shoulder block, before running off to the ropes and now connection with a clothesline. The former WWE Champion is fired up as he gets back to his feet, screaming out to the crowd to get them excited, before ducking a wild swing from Carlito ... AND DRILLING HIM DOWN WITH THE PROTOPLEX! Cena now gets back to his feet and raises his hand to a massive mixed reaction, before telling Carlito he can’t see him, running off to the ropes, bouncing back, brushing off his shoulders ... AND NAILING THE FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE! Cena gets right back to his feet and raises his hands, before poising himself, waiting on ‘Lito. Slowly, the native of Puerto Rico fights back to his feet, before turning to face Cena ... AND GETTING SCOOPED UP ONTO HIS SHOULDERS --- BUT ‘LITO RAKES THE EYES OF CENA, THEN LANDS ON HIS FEET IN FRONT OF CENA --- SPINNING NECKBREAKER!

Carlito looks shocked at his own move, though he soon enough makes the cover ... only to get two! Carlito argues with the referee for a moment and pounds the mat in frustration, before getting back to his feet and stalking Cena from behind as he starts to get back to his feet ... BEFORE GOING FOR THE BACKCRACKER --- BUT CENA INSTANTLY SCOOPS ‘LITO UP AND PLANTS HIM WITH THE F-U! Looking to finish the job, Cena grabs ‘Lito by the leg ... AND HE LOCKS IN THE STF-U! Carlito struggles at first, looking to get to the ropes, though he soon realises he’s caught in the middle of the ring ... AND HE TAPS OUT!

Winner: John Cena via pinfall @ 8:25

*MY TIME IS NOW*

Lilian Garcia: Here is your winner, John Cena!

Cena gets right back up to his feet and has his hand raised by the referee, celebrating his victory.

Joey Styles: A hard fought victory for John Cena, overcoming the odds here to ...

Cena continues to have his hands raised in the air when suddenly ... KURT ANGLE COMES OUT OF NOWHERE AND DRILLS CENA WITH AN ANGLE SLAM! The crowd goes ballistic as Angle stands over Cena, staring down at him with amazing intensity.

Joey Styles: KURT ANGLE! KURT ANGLE JUST ATTACKED JOHN CENA!

Jonathan Coachman: Ha, I knew Kurt’d come ‘round.

Joey Styles: What does this mean? Does Kurt really believe Cena attacked him last night at the Royal Rumble? Ladies and gentlemen, we don’t know the answer to that, but we may find out next week. For now, good night from Orlando.

Angle continues to stare down at Cena as we fade away to black.

End.

----------

April 2, 2006 | Allstate Arena; Rosemont, Illinois

*NO MATCHES ANNOUNCED YET*