Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #821 (permalink)
El Conquistador
Veni, vidi, vici

El Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whore
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceIsGolden View Post
He's been working out for years. I understand a heavy person might be stronger then somebody my size. He's a little over 300 pounds. My dad used to be pushing 300 but lost a lot of weight. My dad never works out and lifts and would probably not be able to lift anywhere close what my cousin could because he has been doing it for so long. The guy is fat but his shoulders and arms, forearms are just plain huge. My grandpa always says the guys built like Ivan Putski. He's only about 5'6 or 5'7.

May I ask how much you lift?
Not trying to attack your cousin, bro (just so you know). That wasn't my attention if you think it was (not sure if you do or not). Last thing I want to do is dig into someone I don't know.

307 lb person pushing around 307 lbs on the bench press is equivalent to a 143 lb person bench pressing 143 lbs. They're both pressing 1x the amount of their body weight. One isn't stronger than the other. There's a HUGE difference between relative and absolute strength.

My lifts? I have no problem since you asked.

Deadlift 1RM: 425 lbs
Squat 1RM: 340 lbs
Bench 1RM: 255 lbs
Standing Strict Military Press 1RM: 185 lbs

Body weight anywhere between 174-183 lbs right now. I bulk in the winter and don't keep track of my weight. Probably about 9-12% body fat right now.