Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The World Wrestling Entertainment

View Single Post

Old 11-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #84 (permalink)
Perfect Poster
Searching for a new identity

Perfect Poster 10001 - 10500Perfect Poster 10001 - 10500Perfect Poster 10001 - 10500Perfect Poster 10001 - 10500Perfect Poster 10001 - 10500Perfect Poster 10001 - 10500Perfect Poster 10001 - 10500Perfect Poster 10001 - 10500Perfect Poster 10001 - 10500Perfect Poster 10001 - 10500Perfect Poster 10001 - 10500
Default Re: WWE: The Platinum Era

January 27th Smackdown | Review

I've heard some great stuff about you, man, and while I haven't given any reviews of your stuff yet, I've been following it a little, so I felt I'll drop a review for you, since they seem rare around this section nowadays.

Heh, poor Shannon Moore and Orlando Jordan. Being fed to Henry and Batista, poor guys. 10 man mini-Rumble sounds pretty awesome, though. Too bad the winner of this Rumble won't win the actual one.

Digging the name for Kennedy's show, btw. Very creative. However, typo in the second part of speaking for Kennedy. I believe it's star, not sta. Very good premiere to the Open Mic, I must say. Kennedy was clearly his obnoxious, egotistical self, but I have to say that the beginning of Rey's lines, at least for me, seemed a little out of touch. Once you got going they were good, no doubt, but Rey doesn't swear often, if at all, and even though it was only 'ass', just seemed a little out of tune. I know this isn't PG WWE here, but swearing, at least for a huge babyface like Rey, doesn't happen a lot. Maybe I'm overreacting. Probably. Either way, very nice opening segment, and I'm pretty sure we're going to get a program between these two, with it progressing when Mysterio eliminates Kennedy at the Rumble.

Mark Henry is awesome, tbh. Very strong promo, more then likely his last words before the Rumble, and it's a way to go out. I'd love to see a Henry title win, just for the sake of the upset and something different, but we all know he's just going to be fed to Batista to make the Animal look strong going to Wrestlemania. While that's all fine and dandy, at least make Mark look strong so he can possibly be a contender after Wrestlemania. Oh yeah, on the match, squash, like I said earlier.

Great video package to recap the events of last week, felt like one that the WWE normally does in these type of situations. It also brings more importance to the Cruiserweight Championship, which needs some prestige, and Kid Kash, because he needed to get himself over as a heel. I like the change from the singles match to the CW Open, however is this where it's two guys one on one, then when one guy gets pinned, someone else comes in? Idk, I've seen different variations of the match, so I just want to be sure. Also, when Kash wins, it'll even gain him more heat, because he somehow keeps finding a way to hang on to his championship.

Ugh, please tell me you aren't builiding a feud between MNM and Moore. Moore really shouldn't be anything more then a jobber. However, at least it's something different. Obviously this is going to lead to a tag-team match after Moore pins Mercury, but there isn't really anyone that would seem logical to join him, except maybe Matt Hardy because of their past history. I hope it's not him, though, because he should be busy doing things in the upper midcard instead. Surprise me.

Finlay and Lashley could deliver a nice series of brawls, and I'm glad you're pushing Finlay up already. I always thought, at least during the first few weeks of his tenure, that he could be a credible midcard-upper midcarder. You seem intent on pushing him, so good.

While this is a nice little preview for the Royal Rumble, there really isn't anybody to get behind here, except for the Mexicools. Yeah, they all wanna kick Kash's ass for what he did to Juvi, whopity fuck. Crazy and Pshicosis are the only ones that would make sense taking the title away from Kash, but with the lack of build for them, if you do, it'll deflate the CW Championship. I doubt you'll take it off of Kash though, but I'm just playing my cards here.

Alright, it might not be a total squash here for Batista as I thought, although he's still going to win rather easily. I haven't seen a lot of Jordan to judge him, but hopefully he's actually another star worthy of building, unlike Moore.

Some nice words here by JBL, and a nice way to introduce Albright to the show. Cabinet 2.0 forming with Albright, JBL, and some tag-team would be awesome, as I have to say, JBL can still be pushed as a main eventer, but get him out of this damn feud with the Boogeyman. The Boogeyman should only be used for comedic appearances and maybe a one-appearance a month thing, not against a guy who you're trying to rebuild into the main event. I know you gotta work yourself out of the crap that the WWE gave you, but if this goes past the Rumble, I'll be disappointed.

I like the Hardy push, yeah, but I think you could've split his first few lines of dialogue into a few parts. Seemed to be like a block of text for every one of his lines. Sometimes just split them up into smaller parts. Either way, another nice buildup for another possible contender in the Rumble. A solid showing would help make Matt go far. Have him eliminate 3-4 guys and last til the Final 5, and it's a very good night for Matt. I'm not expecting a mega-push and a win for him, though.

Another squash, but I like the pairing of Burchill with the experienced Regal. Probably the best choice to go with the youngster, so I'm alright with the occasional squash.

Meh, 3 out of 4 have been 5 minute or less squashes today, so I assume you are saving most of your top stuff until the Royal Rumble, which I understand. Oh, and in America, Americans say 'garbage' not 'rubbish'. This is Batista, so it needs to be dumbed down a tad. I'd have to say that this was your worst promo of the night, as Batista really shouldn't be saying words that he can't even define.

I have to say I'm glad that Benoit is still in this thread. While I obviously don't condone what he did, he could be used as a valuable asset to help push guys up the card. For the 10 man Battle Royal, I got to go with Orton. He's gotten no build and this would give him some nice noise going into the Rumble.

With nine talented individuals (and Hardcore Holly)

Ugh, with the way you had Matt get eliminated by MNM, I'm expecting him to team with Moore and fight for the tag-team championships. Damn you. Kennedy getting revenge on Mysterio for earlier in the night is just what the feud needed to get off the ground. I expect a counter-elimination by Mysterio at the Rumble, then the feud will really be able to take off. Orton and Lashley were the right two guys to finish the match, as they haven't gotten any build yet today. However, now that Orton won, I'm not expecting a win for him at the Rumble, which is sad in itself.

Overall, for my first time reading, it was quite enjoyable. Very solid Smackdown on the Road to the Rumble, which looks to be a fantastic show. I'll be reading that and possibly reviewing. A lot of things will shape up after the Rumble, and I'm getting excited for it. I don't give out ratings for TV's, but it was very solid.

5. Royal Rumble Match
Big Show vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Carlito vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Masters vs. Finlay vs. Gene Snitsky vs. Goldust vs. Gregory Helms vs. Hardcore Holly vs. Joey Mercury vs. John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield vs. Johnny Nitro vs. Kane vs. Kurt Angle vs. Matt Hardy vs. Mr Kennedy vs. Orlando Jordan vs. Paul Burchill vs. Randy Orton vs. Rene Dupree vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Ric Flair vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Tyson Tomko vs. William Regal

4. WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Edge (c)

3. World Heavyweight Championship
Mark Henry vs. Batista (c)

2. Women’s Championship
Victoria vs. Trish Stratus (c)

1. Cruiserweight Championship
Cruiserweight Open
Super Crazy vs. Psichosis vs. Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick vs. Shannon Moore vs. Jamie Noble vs. Nunzio vs. Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Funaki vs. Kid Kash (c)

Bonus Points
Predict the match order.
Which superstar will take the fall in the Cruiserweight Open? One of the Mexicools, probably Super Crazy.
How many championships will change hands? 1
Which superstars will remain in the Royal Rumble Match the longest? Hardy and Orton
Which superstar will spend the shortest amount of time in the Royal Rumble Match? Goldust or Chavo
Who will be the final four superstars in the Royal Rumble Match (note: a point for each superstar)? Angle, Orton, Triple H, Taker
Which superstar will make the most eliminations in the Royal Rumble Match? Orton
Which superstar will be the first eliminated from the Royal Rumble Match? Hardcore Holly
Which superstar will be the last eliminated from the Royal Rumble Match? Triple H
How long will the Royal Rumble Match go for (note: the closest member gets the point)? 68 mins.

Perfect Poster is offline   Reply With Quote