Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The World Wrestling Entertainment

View Single Post

Old 11-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #78 (permalink)
SUPER MATTHEW LECKIE
HOPE

SUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by SeabsSUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: WWE: The Platinum Era

The number of predictions coming in thus far has been very pleasing to say the least. Addressing a few of the things said: Dubya, you made the sexy banners and you know it. Legend, I’m not too fussed at all if you don’t keep up with this thread. Just want you back booking.

Anyway, as far as the actual event goes ... it’s finished. It is extremely long though, thus I’d imagine formatting it will take quite some time, so look for it Wednesday, maybe Thursday. After the Rumble is posted, expect this thread to be left alone for a little while, as this is the first time I’ve written matches in a long time, and I would appreciate ANY feedback possible on it, which I understand will take a long time. Along with that, I have a week of school coming up next week, which is my first of year 12 (final year of high school~!), before I go back on holidays over Christmas, meaning I’ll have a bit of school work to do before I touch this again. I am in this for the long run though, as I had a lot of fun writing the Rumble, and I don’t think my plans are too bad. Until then, keep the predictions coming, and maybe mull over this, if you wish:

----------

Wrestling Observer News & Notes

We are now of course just one single day away from the Royal Rumble and reports are flowing in consistently from many sources.

~ The hot favourite for the Royal Rumble Match at this stage is Kurt Angle. Angle, who has been chasing the WWE Championship since August last year, has recently been having problems with WWE Champion, Edge, and has of course feuded with Edge’s challenger for the Royal Rumble, John Cena, since late August. With Angle set to face Edge at WrestleMania according to many inside sources, Angle winning the Royal Rumble Match appears very likely, especially when rumours coming from creative continue to leak, saying that Vince McMahon thinks no SmackDown! challenger is quite set up to challenge Batista yet, and that they need until No Way Out to set up a challenger for WrestleMania. With that in mind, it is logical to believe the winner will probably come from RAW, however, we must not forget the return of Rob Van Dam, who, while not overly popular with Vince, is insanely over, and WWE are said to want to capitalise on that fact. The other option that appears likely is Shawn Michaels, who despite being involved in a feud with Vince McMahon, is not likely to face Vince at ‘Mania now like originally planned, as Vince has soured on the idea of wrestling again. If Vince isn’t going to wrestle, the logical step would be to have Shawn Michaels win the Royal Rumble and overcome his boss, although, that leaves both RVD and Angle in an interesting position, as it’s not quite known where either would go. RVD could feud with Carlito, who in storyline sidelined him for an extra six months back in June, although creative don’t think Carlito is quite ready for such a big match, and instead seem to maybe be headed to Carlito & Chris Masters possibly challenging the tag champs.

~ Many people think Edge is poised to retain the belt that he only just won. While no one knows where Cena could possibly go should he lose, Edge’s reign began just three weeks ago, and having him lose would damage his credibility a lot. The only argument for Edge losing is that John Cena is a proven draw, and with WrestleMania around the corner, he could well be the perfect headliner for it. Whether WWE are willing to use Edge as a sacrificial lamb for Cena or not is unknown, but with Edge having been for the company for so long and only just securing a spot as a main eventer now, it seems unlikely.

~ Rumours have been rampant lately that ‘The Animal’ Batista has been injured, but now a new one has surfaced suggesting that Mark Henry is in fact injured following a house show this past Thursday night (two nights after SmackDown! was taped). If this is true, Henry is certain to lose in decisive fashion to Batista, although if not, Henry may continue to feud with ‘The Animal’, possibly taking the title from him at least momentarily.

~ The Women’s Championship match, which was just thrown together at the last moment, seems certain to have Trish Stratus retain her title, since Victoria only just landed back in the picture. Should Victoria win it would seem a bit hollow at this stage, although many insiders think Mickie James may cost Stratus the win, and then start a non-title feud with Stratus.

~ The Cruiserweight Open is actually more open than it first appears. While Kid Kash is halfway through a program with Juventud, Shannon Moore has had a lot of momentum as of late, and he could be one option to take the gold. The other option is said to be either Super Crazy or Psichosis to set up a three way at WrestleMania between The Mexicools, with Juventud possibly becoming jealous that after he lost his shot, one of his buddies took the gold.

----------

And, for those of you who still wish to leave predictions ...

Predication Template

Royal Rumble Match
Big Show vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Carlito vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Masters vs. Finlay vs. Gene Snitsky vs. Goldust vs. Gregory Helms vs. Hardcore Holly vs. Joey Mercury vs. John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield vs. Johnny Nitro vs. Kane vs. Kurt Angle vs. Matt Hardy vs. Mr Kennedy vs. Orlando Jordan vs. Paul Burchill vs. Randy Orton vs. Rene Dupree vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Ric Flair vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Tyson Tomko vs. William Regal

WWE Championship
John Cena
vs. Edge (c)

World Heavyweight Championship
Mark Henry
vs. Batista (c)

Women’s Championship
Victoria
vs. Trish Stratus (c)

Cruiserweight Championship
Cruiserweight Open

Super Crazy
vs. Psichosis vs. Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick vs. Shannon Moore vs. Jamie Noble vs. Nunzio vs. Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Funaki vs. Kid Kash (c)

Bonus Points
Predict the match order.
Which superstar will take the fall in the Cruiserweight Open?
How many championships will change hands?
Which superstars will remain in the Royal Rumble Match the longest?
Which superstar will spend the shortest amount of time in the Royal Rumble Match?
Who will be the final four superstars in the Royal Rumble Match (note: a point for each superstar)?
Which superstar will make the most eliminations in the Royal Rumble Match?
Which superstar will be the first eliminated from the Royal Rumble Match?
Which superstar will be the last eliminated from the Royal Rumble Match?
How long will the Royal Rumble Match go for (note: the closest member gets the point)?

Last edited by SUPER MATTHEW LECKIE : 11-22-2009 at 11:15 PM.
SUPER MATTHEW LECKIE is offline   Reply With Quote