616K views 6K replies 210 participants last post by  Platt 
#1 ·
#2,563 ·
CHIKARA Hiding In Plain Sight:

1. F.I.S.T. vs. Incoherence - ***1/4
2. Ariel vs. Sara Del Ray - **1/2
3. Eddie Kingston & Grizzly Redwood vs. Delirious vs. UltraMantis Black - **3/4
4. Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw vs. Claudio Castagnoli & Bryan Danielson - ****
5. 2.0 & Unstable vs. Carpentar Ant, Green Ant, Dasher Hatfield, Lince Dorado & Colt Cabana - Comedy
6. Player Uno vs. Player Dos - ***1/4
7. Osirian Portal vs. The Colony - ***1/2

Good show, but not the great one I've been hearing about since the DVD came out. The main event from a story perspective was a big one, but the match itself never really delivered like I expected. Danielson teeing off on Jigsaw was fantastic and reason enough to watch a terrific match.

#2,569 ·
Saxton was a great announcer, and the other dude reminded me of Lord Alfred Hayes, which ruled haha. The match was pretty slick, Ki busts out a unique way to go into a standing double stomp.

#2,571 ·
Liked the Danielson/Ki match very much and it shouldn't take them long to call at least one of them up to the new brand, although I don't see Ki being able to use the Warrior's Way as a finisher once he does.

Also watched Young Bucks/A. Wolves II from HDNet tonight and it was good but not great as the first. And why the hell does Sugarfoot still have a job?

#2,584 ·
Fucking get it.

#2,585 ·
Nice post

And the only reason I could think of for not getting Sells Out Volume 2 is that you already have almost all the PWG shows on DVD. I have about half of the matches on DVD already so I'm a little hesitant to buy the set (the fact that I'm just about broke is another factor that is preventing me from buying the set). I probably will eventually but it's just hard to buy a set when I have 6 of the 8 matches on disc one already on DVD.

It looks like a phenomenal set as there are some matches on there that I really want to see but I think I might end up skipping the set and trying to just get more PWG shows on DVD instead.

If you're new to PWG though I think both Sell Out should be on the top of your list for future purchase.

#2,586 ·
Yeah I got the 1st collection when I was just getting into PWG.

It was a great way to see just how good the company was without spending a bunch of money on separate shows. Now that I've been into it for awhile, I'm like you and I'm more interested in just getting shows.

The second one has some great matches on it, and I'll be satisfied if it ends up being half as good as the 1st one.

#2,587 ·
Watched Joe vs. Kobashi (ROH 2005) for the first time yesterday. One hell of a physical match. I love how Joe used the Kawada kicks to the head and then used the submission holds of Misawa and Kawada, just to let Kobashi know he wasn't intimidated. A lot of hardhitting moves during the match, these guys took one hell of a beating. The series of chops on Joe's chest were vicious. I've never seen such thing before. I wish Joe came back one more time, but the lariat was a good ending. Amazing workrate, incredible crowd. ****3/4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.