Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #1402 (permalink)
Mark.
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mark. 501 - 1000Mark. 501 - 1000Mark. 501 - 1000Mark. 501 - 1000Mark. 501 - 1000Mark. 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

ROH - Death Before Dishonor VII: Night 1

Sonjay Dutt vs El Generico - ***1/4

Super Smash Bros. vs The Briscoes - ***

Kenny King vs Kenny Omega - ***1/4

Eight-Man Elimination Tag Match
The Embassy vs Colt Cabana, Brent Albright, Necro Butcher & Jimmy Rave - ***1/4

Chris Hero & Davey Richards vs Lance Storm & Kevin Steen

Enjoyed this match a lot, everything just seemed to work well. Everyone was over, the crowd was very into it, and I thought it was a well-structured, well-worked match. Every man was fun to watch in this, especially Storm and Hero. Lance Storm, for what he lacked a lot in personality here (although, who really cares at this stage in his career?) I thought had an impressive showing. He took some good bumps and I'm sure I saw him do a couple flips during this. Not bad for a man his age. Hero was just as good as he's been lately, which is great. Prazak noted how he's in the best shape of his life, which could be true, Hero looks like a star right now. Very good, enjoyable, worth-seeing exhibition-style match. It didn't do much to further Steen and Davey's rivalry, but it did a good job of setting up for Hero vs Storm.

***3/4

ROH World Championship
Four Corner Survival
Austin Aries vs Nigel McGuinness vs Tyler Black vs Jerry Lynn

Fourways for the world title normally aren't anything special, unless it's the one from DBD last year or the HDNet one, but I'm hopeful this will at least be solid. Unfortunately, Nigel is hardly back to full health, I'm bored of Tyler and Lynn in the ring, so it looks like it's up to Aries to make this match something interesting. Looks like Nigel's back to being a heel. Shame. There was great potential for a feud with Claudio. That really should've been one of his final matches. Roderick was already going over Dragon, so they could've replaced the match with Roderick with one against Claudio. This was good enough. It wasn't a dissapointment, but it wasn't anything special. I think they tried to make it seem important with all the finishers and big spots, but the fact pretty much everyone expected Aries to retain was against it. Also, how excited can you be for Tyler getting a title shot in a fourway anymore? I think this is the third world title fourway he's failed to win. I liked this match, but at times it just seemed like a bit of a mess and that they were doing their finishers and submissions early in order to make it more exciting than it really was. It's a good thing to make a match more exciting, naturally, but some of it seemed unnecessary. Good match, some enjoyable stuff. They put in so much effort, but to be honest, I just didn't think it was anything special.

***1/2