Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

616K views 6K replies 210 participants last post by  Platt 
#1 ·
#1,403 ·
My copy of Threemendous II came in today, so you all should be getting it soon if you haven't already. I'm pretty excited, don't know how long it'll be before I get time to sit down and watch it though. Hopefully they're more timely with Speed of Sound and Guerre Sans Frontieres.

#1,404 ·
I, too, received Threemendous II today. Unfortunately, I checked the mail a couple minutes ago. I'll have to wait til tomorrow to pick up the package from the office at my apartments. :(

#1,406 ·
PWG – Threemendous II

Brandon Gatson, Johnny Goodtime, & Jerome "LTP" Robinson vs. The Cutler Brothers & Charles Mercury - ***1/4

Scott Lost vs. Alex Shelley - ***1/2

Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Sabin - ***1/4

Colt Cabana vs. Chuck Taylor – N/A
Pure comedy match, enjoyable but not much actual wrestling involved.

Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong - ****
What you’d expect from these two beating the crap out of each other; chops, kicks & intensity.

Non-Title
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. 2 Skinny Black Guys (El Generico & Human Tornado) - **** - ****1/4
The Bucks fully embracing the hate from the crowd was great, and the crowd lost their minds at the end of the match.

PWG World Title - Guerrilla Warfare Match
Chris Hero vs. Joey Ryan - ***1/2
Just think it went a little too long but besides that a very good match. For some reason Ryan seems to excel in guerrilla warfare/hardcore matches.

Another great show that you can add to the list this year by PWG. I’d love if PWG moved out of Reseda for at least their biggest shows, but with the way the crowd was hot throughout the show and most of the year so far it’s not a problem.

#1,411 ·
3+ stars aren't good? What the hell did you expect in the first place?
Never said 3+ stars isn't good. I said I thought they'd be a little better. I didn't say I thought they'd be good. That would mean the matches weren't good.

About 15 minutes.

Here are my ratings. Just finished watching and my ratings are very different from KC's.

PWG Threemendous II (7/31/09)

Brandon Gatson, Johnny Goodtime, & Jerome "LTP" Robinson vs. Charles Mercury & Brandon & Dustin Cutler ***3/4

Scott Lost vs. Alex Shelley ****
Thought this was way too good to get ***1/2. Great fucking match.

Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Sabin ***3/4

Colt Cabana vs. Chuck Taylor N/A

Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong ****1/4
Awesome match that could main event any show.

The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) vs. 2 Skinny Black Guys (El Generico & Human Tornado) ****1/2

Guerrilla Warfare Match for the PWG World Championship
Chris Hero (c) vs. Joey Ryan ***1/2
This went way too long. 43 minutes was my count. I was getting pissed, to be honest, about how long it was going. Also, there were way too many nearfalls near the end of the match.

Amazing show. Don't know what else to say about it.

#1,412 ·
I made it to the end of Threemendous II live(I had to work), and caught the last two matches. I don't remember thinking that Hero/Ryan was too long, I guess it just played better to the crowd. I'm gonna have to pick up the DVD for sure to catch the matches I missed, stupid work.

#1,417 ·
I was getting tired of waiting for some fresh news on both guys situations with WWE, so I'm actually pleasantly surprised that Nigel and TNA actually got some shit done. I'd rather him sign with TNA right now and be on TV soon, than him be in limbo for who the hell knows how long.

At first, I thought it was a bad decision for Nigel, but when I think about it, I might have done the same thing. Maybe some of his buds in the back at the Impact tapings are changing their minds about TNA's future and they convinced him to sign.

#1,419 ·
I'd rather him sign with TNA right now and be on TV soon, than him be in limbo for who the hell knows how long.
That was my biggest fear about Nigel and Danielson signing with WWE. I wanted to see them on TV asap and not get the Low Ki treatment. Nigel is just the fresh talent that TNA needs instead of the usual ex WWE stars they bring in. To be honest though, I could have really pictured Nigel rise to the top in WWE. Danielson on the other hand needs to go to WWE. They need a great technical wrestler like him and many people in the company are very high on him so I'm sure he'll do just fine.

#1,418 · (Edited)
Personally, I'm thanking God he's not going to end up on Raw. Impact may not be much better, but at least he won't make it to the upper midcard, have DX make fun of him, then lose to Hornswoggle.

Oh, and there's a TNA section on here? I suppose next you're going to tell me that there's forums besides "Other Wrestling" and "Indy Media".

#1,420 · (Edited)
So apparently, Nigel will be debuting at tonight's Impact tapings, according to Bryan Alvarez.

Minor Spoiler: EDIT: Wow, Nigel was a part of a backstage segment at the tapings already. No spoilers here, but you'll like what you see, I promise.

#1,423 ·
Oh fuck yes I may need to get with some work buddies to get Turning Point. SERIOUSLY.

#1,424 ·
Haven't read much about it, but did his injuries play a part in WWE dragging their feet with Nigel? If so, it looks like he may not have had much of a choice but to sign with TNA. I'm glad they're using him right out of the gate but god only know what he'll be doing six months from now.

#1,427 ·
I actually got a bit pissed about the whole deal tbh.
Don't have anywhere near the info (or future-telling powers) to know if it's the best for Nigel or not, but i'm just being selfish about it.

I don't watch TNA, not because i hate it or anything (i'm hearing the last PPV was pretty good) but because i just don't care.
Stopped watching them ages ago and i don't need any more wrestling in my life to start again. I don't watch RAW or ECW either, but at least i keep up with them and grab the PPVs.

In other words, i'm f'n pissed that Nigel probably won't be wrestling a match i'll watch (hell, even hear about) for a LONG time...

Here's hoping Dragon doesn't do the same.

#1,428 ·
Nigel vs. Angle. How awesome is that? I used to be down on TNA, but after the lead up to Bound for Glory and the PPV delivering, and this first impact after looks awesome and they are stacking turning point already, you should definitly consider watching, it's actually been really good lately.

#1,430 · (Edited)
Noticed there was no rating for Testing the Limit up yet, so I'll do a quick one right now:

John Walters vs. Nigel McGuinness: **1/4
Roderick Strong vs. Izzy: **1/2
The Carnage Crew vs. Dan Maff and B.J. Whitmer: **3/4
2 Cold Scorpio vs. Ace Steel vs. Alex Shelley vs. Jay Lethal: ***1/4
Homicide and Low Ki vs. the Briscoes: ****
CM Punk and Colt Cabana vs. Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero: ***3/4
Samoa Joe vs. Trent Acid: N/A
Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson: ****3/4

I watched this not knowing who was going to win the main event. Good god that was epic.

#1,431 · (Edited)
I've got Aries/Danielson at ****1/4. Have you seen London vs. Danielson from Epic Encounter? I prefer that 2/3 falls match more.

Edit: Dear God...I think TNA is deliberately trying to get me to buy the next PPV. Even though the card looks great as it is (3 matches so far), I'm sure the rest will be filled with crap like Foley/Abyss, Morgan/Lashley, 3D/SteinerBooker, and a shitty Nash, Young, and Knockouts match.

For anyone who is out of the loop,

* Kurt Angle vs. Desmond Wolf (formerly Nigel McGuinness)
* TNA Tag Team Title Match: The British Invasion © vs. The Motor City Machineguns
* TNA World Title Match: AJ Styles © vs. Samoa Joe vs. Daniels

Edit 2: Actually, I don't know why I'm getting too excited for Angle/Nigel. Have you guys seen Nigel wrestle since he returned from surgery? Pretty bad if you ask me, besides the Glory by Honor VIII match (even though I haven't seen it).

#1,434 ·
I've got Aries/Danielson at ****1/4. Have you seen London vs. Danielson from Epic Encounter? I prefer that 2/3 falls match more.
I have Epic Encounter (as well as all of January-April 2003 ROH) sitting on my computer waiting to be watched. I think I saw highlights from it on the Paul London DVD though.

What I loved about Aries/Danielson was the whole epic feel. Granted, I broke it up into three parts because I got up and did something else after each fall, but by the end I wasn't burnt out at all. Punk on commentary was great at putting over just how long it went. I guess Aries' selling wasn't the best, but Danielson made up for it.

Looking back an hour and a half after I watched it, ***** is probably too high though. I'm going to drop it down to ****3/4.

Edit: Dear God...I think TNA is deliberately trying to get me to buy the next PPV. Even though the card looks great as it is (3 matches so far), I'm sure the rest will be filled with crap like Foley/Abyss, Morgan/Lashley, 3D/SteinerBooker, and a shitty Nash, Young, and Knockouts match.

For anyone who is out of the loop,

* Kurt Angle vs. Desmond Wolf (formerly Nigel McGuinness)
* TNA Tag Team Title Match: The British Invasion © vs. The Motor City Machineguns
* TNA World Title Match: AJ Styles © vs. Samoa Joe vs. Daniels

Edit 2: Actually, I don't know why I'm getting too excited for Angle/Nigel. Have you guys seen Nigel wrestle since he returned from surgery? Pretty bad if you ask me, besides the Glory by Honor VIII match (even though I haven't seen it).
Honestly, I don't care how good the match is, as long as it's passable. The main event and the tag title match (which they'll probably give away on Impact) should make up for any shortcomings Angle/Nigel might have. What I'm looking forward to is seeing Nigel wrestle for a big company in a high profile match.

#1,438 ·
Heard the same, his body is said to be in a bad shape. There're rumours that WWE were "deterred" of the amount of concussions and other injuries Nigel had ... Chris Benoit and stuff ... ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.