Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE Unlimited

Thread: WWE Unlimited
View Single Post

Old 08-12-2009, 06:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
handsomedom

handsomedom
Default Re: WWE Unlimited

With tomorrow (August 12th) being the big draft day, all must wonder who is in charge of Smackdown and Raw. For you the wait is over as WWE releases news on who the General Managers are and much more.

Quote:
August 11th 2009

With one day remaining to the big draft night it is time to announce who will run Raw and Smackdown. After about a month of looking, Vince McMahon feels he has found the two best people to run the shows.

Raw: Raw needs a leader to lead them into the future, someone with experience that won't flounder under pressure like some past GM's. (Mike Adamle) Raw is used to being the flagship show so this person would need everything to work to put Raw over the top.

With that being said Vince McMahon feels the only one who he feels can put Raw back on top is none other then Eric Bischoff. His creative mind along with his past record indicates he can lead the show.

WWE.com was able to ask Eric what his plans are for the show.

"Well, if you know me then you know there is always something up my sleeve. Expect something big and new to come to your screens every Monday night."

Now with Raw's GM in place it only leads to Smackdown. Smackdown has always been the show that has been put on the back burner to Raw. With this new opportunity for the brand, they need a leader who can not only do well but lead them to be the flag ship show.

Vince knew certain people did well in the role over years, but he felt time is needing change. So for Smackdown's GM role, Vince is bringing in Shane McMahon. His own son.

Vince feels Shane can do a better job then any GM in the past. Time will only tell if that is true are not. Here is what Shane had to say to our question about his plans for the show.

"I plan to do the one thing that Teddy, Vickie, my own sister, my dad, and others couldn't do. Make Raw #1 each week, and bring the fans something they want."

Now the General Managers are in place it's time to see who their first draft picks are. Eric won the coin toss allowing him to pick first, followed by Shawn, and so on till both had three picks. Here are those results.

Raw:

1.) Triple H
2.) Chris Jericho
3.) John Cena

Smackdown:

1.) Undertaker
2.) Randy Orton
3.) Shawn Michaels

With the first 6 draft picks set, they now know who will face each other tomorrow at the draft to see which brand has the controlling pick.

Draft Card:
Triple H vs. Undertaker
Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton
John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels

More picks are to come, so watch tomorrow live from Los Angeles.

Last edited by handsomedom : 08-21-2009 at 01:39 PM.
handsomedom is offline   Reply With Quote