Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 06-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #271 (permalink)
Tarfu
copy of a copy of a

Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

PWG Ninety-Nine

Scorpio Sky & Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre) vs. Scott Lost & The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin Cutler) **¾

"American Dragon" Bryan Danielson vs. Chuck Taylor ***

B-Boy vs. Joey Ryan ***¼

Kenny Omega vs. Davey Richards ***¾

(Apparently a 6-person tag match)
Sonjay Dutt vs. Roderick Strong ***½

Tyler Black vs. El Generico ***½

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match

Chris Hero (Champion, w/ Candice LeRae) vs. Austin Aries ***½

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson, Champions) vs. Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley) ****

------

What a great night of wrestling. Not a single bad match, and with four very good matches, this DVD is a must buy for any wrestling fan. Every match is worth a watch, even B-Boy/Ryan, which in my opinion, was an entertaining contest for as long as it lasted. The piledriver to the apron was just sick. A special mention to Danielson and Taylor's match aswell. Danielson playing possum with a big smile on his face was just golden.

Omega/Richards was awesome, and Omega's flasbacks from BOLA were some funny shit. Dutt/Strong was great aswell. A big fuck you to TNA and to any Dutt hater there. The PWG World Title match was pretty good too, but somehow Aries and Hero just don't "go together" so well. I should check out their match from Uncanny X-Mas for comparison.

Main event time, and boy, what an awesome match they put on together. The ending sequence had me jumping around, if I may exaggerate a little. The Guns putting over PWG and the Bucks at the end was a cool move.

The only minus sides on this DVD, were the shitty guest commentator mic (which - thank God - was fixed eventually), a minor graphical botch before Dutt/Strong (or Omega/Richards, can't remember), and that annoying little kid in front row. Seriously, where were that little douchebag's parents? Doing drugs outside?

EDIT: *cough* And before anyone starts flaming, YES, I need to rewatch the opener.

Last edited by Tarfu : 06-24-2009 at 11:19 AM.