06-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Birmingham, England
Re: TNA: A Change Cometh
VOLTAGE NEWS AND NOTES
Wednesday, 24th June 2009
In other news...
- Kenny Omega w/ Daisy Haze def. Phil Atlas via pinfall off an Aoi Shoudu finisher
- Sojo Bolt def. ODB via pinfall off a School Girl Roll-up
- Team 3D def. LAX & The British Invasion to become new number 1 contenders for the TNA Tag Titles after Brother Ray drilled Brutus Magnus with a Bubba Bomb followed by a pin fall
- 'TNA Womens Knockout Champion' Angelina Love w/ Madison Rayne & Velvet Sky def. Raisha Saeed to retain her TNA Womens Knockout Title following a Lights Out onto the title belt and a succesful pin attempt
- 'TNA World Tag Team Champions' Beer Money Incorporated w/ Jackie Moore def. AJ Styles & Samoa Joe in a no-title match after drilling AJ with their D.W.I. followed by a pin.
- As this week's edition of Voltage showed, two new faces have made their ways onto the TNA Voltage roster, going by the names of Mark Jindrak and Sirelda. Jindrak, a former CMLL and WWE superstar, made his presence felt by having a confrontation with former friend Matt Morgan, which was quickly followed by Jindrak knocking Morgan out with a left hook after Matt exchanged harsh words. Sirelda, who has appeared on TNA before but only briefly, made her point by interfering in the match between ODB and Sojo Bolt and then decimating the two Knockouts. Both these new superstars have a place on the roster, although their contracts are open.
- The return of Christy Hemme this week really set tongues wagging, and none more than Angelina Love, who was dropped by Hemme mid ring following The Beautiful People's attack on Raisha Saeed following Love's interesting match up between the two. Hemme looks more focused, and surely that focus will be implemented on gaining the Knockout title, which one can only presume she will aim to do during her time on Voltage.
- A new feud began last night, that evident of Samoa Joe and AJ Styles, following the tag team match they had against Beer Money, where Joe failed to respond to a tag attempt from AJ. But after the match, things got more brutal as Joe decimated AJ with a flurry of signature moves which left Styles choking on his own blood. Things will only get more brutal as the weeks go by.
- In this week's TNA Voltage pre-taped Webmatch, Eric Young defeated Sheik Abdul Bashir after a quick contest displaying the talent of the two. The end came after Young somehow kicked out of a nice missile dropkick from Bashir, and then managed to grasp him up and plant him with a Youngblood Neckbreaker. The pin swiftly followed, and the job was done, giving Eric a win which may help him as next week on Voltage, Young looks set to take on the impressive Kenny Omega who sent shockwaves to TNA following his debut on last night's show.
- And finally, Voltage managed to draw in a 0.9 rating last night, which is considered to not be too bad, especially when it is on quite a low-rated channel and had tough competition from ECW on the rival channel, Sci-Fi. Only time will tell whether this rating will grow in the coming weeks.
[FEIST: Women's Pro Wrestling BTB]