Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - -Shoot Wrestling Federation-
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
SCSA101
Learning to break kayfabe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Exclamation -Shoot Wrestling Federation-

“Departure”
Frustrated with his direction in TNA, Kurt Angle made the shocking announcement to resign from the company and terminate his contract. Having had broken bonds with Vince McMahon, it was quite evident a move back to the WWE would be out of the equation, and Angle questioned his future.

“MMA stint”
A month after his resignation, Angle made it clear of his intent to participate in the UFC. His first opponent couldn't be a better pick, as he was scheduled to face none other than a former rival in the wrestling business, Brock Lesnar, in an highly promoted exhibition bout. The bout attracted the highest audience in the history of UFC, recording a staggering audience of over 100,000 fans in the arena, as fans from the wrestling world joined in to watch. Olympic champion Kurt Angle won his debut match after a grueling match via a 6th round TKO.

“Birth of a new era”
Post match Angle realized how much of a sell out he really was, and saw a business opportunity in the wrestling industry to bring it back alive. On June 11th, via a web announcement that would soon change the foundations of the industry, Kurt Angle officially launched Shoot Wrestling Federation, a wrestling promotions who's objective was clear to offer quality wrestling unmatchable by any forms of competition.

OOC: This is my latest project. All shows will be done in detailed recap because I felt I'd be burned out mroe quickly doing shows in full and have less passion. But don't let that distract you, because I have high hopes for this..

Last edited by SCSA101; 06-12-2009 at 12:54 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome