Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Help Thread
View Single Post
post #4897 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Halfnelson
Jeff Harvey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official Indy DVD Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy3000 View Post
I actually watched Taue/Bossman the other week. It's not very... good... but there's a metric ton of quality stuff that's relatively un-pimped from February to September on AJ TV. One of my favourite years in the promotion's history, although I think '91 would be my top pick.

You can't really go wrong with the best of BattleArts from IVP. It's something I've been thinking about picking up for a long time, but the fact there's no dates on the match lists is annoying because I've seen quite a bit from 90s BattleArts, and I've already got a lot of it on DVD anyway. Late 90s BattleArts is some of my favourite stuff ever, though. Yuki Ishikawa and Daisuke Ikeda are especially fond of punting the dogpiss out of one another. Some of the stuff is ridiculously stiff, which means it's fuggin' awesome.
Yeah I thought that would be more interesting than actually good but you're totally right about some of the good stuff thats relatively unknown. I guess AJPW was so good that year that some of the stuff just flew under the radar. I've already seen Kawada destroy RVD,a Fuchi-Kikuchi match with some crazy head drops and of course I'm going to watch the more famed stuff again.

I agree about BattleArts too. Just start with volume one,thats got a killer Ikeda-Ishikawa match and its cool watching Funaki and Taka wrestle that style.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome