Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #549 (permalink)
austinrockera
Resident Old Man

austinrockera 6001 - 6500austinrockera 6001 - 6500austinrockera 6001 - 6500austinrockera 6001 - 6500austinrockera 6001 - 6500austinrockera 6001 - 6500austinrockera 6001 - 6500austinrockera 6001 - 6500austinrockera 6001 - 6500austinrockera 6001 - 6500austinrockera 6001 - 6500
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Here's my .02 on everything.

First of all, best time to do cardio... AFTER workouts... proven fact by DOCTORS. BTW, I'm not talking about cardio that leaves you just a little tired, and gets your heart rate up near 100, I'm talking about breathing heavy, sweating profusely, heart rate double your resting rate cardio. The reason its best to do cardio after your workout is that cardio breaks down your body's glycogen stores (muscles source of energy), so think about those last 2 or 3 hard reps you get in the gym on those heavy sets. These are where you really tear down your muscle fibers... intense cardio before working out will take those 2 or 3 reps away from you because your glycogen stores will be less than they should be. Ideal times for cardio is after working out, or on different days. I personally believe that first thing in the morning lite cardio is also good for fat loss, because it revs up your metabolism, and helps burn fat. Don't overdo it, because if you are too intense in the morning with no food in your stomach, your body will turn to muscle to eat up for energy.

As far as the best type of cardio... nobody has even thought of it, but swimming has no comparison. There is a reason Michael Phelps has to eat 10,000 calories per day to maintain his weight, and no its not because he has the munchies. Stair climbing is probably next, don't believe me, get on a stair climber for about 10 minutes and see if your heart rate isn't about 160bpm. Running or walking... which is the best... doesn't matter, you should be doing both... HIIT... run for 1 min, walk for 1 min, repeat.

Now, to answer a statement said by Rajah... bodybuilders don't run for a simple reason... they are on steroids, and very high doses, most times. Steroids make your heart work overtime anyway. Combine that with running or any other intense cardio, and you are at risk of your heart enlarging (common cause of death with alot of wrestlers). That's why most bodybuilders will do multiple 30 minute walking cardio sessions when they are in their contest prep. And yes, this is FACT.

For Austin101 and Rajah, NO-Xplode is simply an energy drink with L-Arginine. The L-Arginine is a precursor of Nitric Oxide which is a vasodilator, meaning it makes blood rush through your body more. That's all that NOX is good for... caffeine and Arginine... all the other stuff it has is minimal at best. Don't get me wrong, I use it... it is a good kick before workouts, and gets me revved up, but I don't think its doing more than giving me energy. Austin, I hope you aren't talking about people like GNC when you say reputable sellers... I have made alot of those guys admit (even a store owner) that they didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

Brute... gym is looking good.
austinrockera is offline   Reply With Quote