Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

526K views 6K replies 634 participants last post by  Nostalgia 
#1 ·
Thought I would bring this thread back, has died many times before but hopefully we can keep it going this time. Basically discuss anything to do with working out, weight lifting, body building, dieting, etc. Feel free to give people tips, ask and answer questions, whatever you guys want.

I started pretty recently myself. Never did anything up until I was like 18 as I was always playing high school sports so never had to worry about getting out of shape. Started doing casually since then and now been going hard for the past 4 months about. I am stronger in virtually every area now, stuff is starting to take shape and I am pretty damn happy with the results.

Goal now is to bulk up, which is tougher then it sounds :$

#573 ·
FINALLY GOT A 300 POUND SQUAT! Woohoo. I'm 16 and about 200 pounds by the way, I know it's not all that impressive but it's been out of my grasph for about the year and a half i've been seriously lifting.

#574 ·
New PR for me today! 205 lb Push Press which is a 30 lb PR for me. I was shocked to see my PP go up that much as the only thing I've been doing Push Press wise lately has been high rep work from 135-155. :D

Congratulations. Who gives a shit about your weight? I hover between 174-181 and struggle to hit 285x3 and that's only 100 lbs more than my body weight. Pretty big accomplishment, keep at it.

#575 ·
Nolo King wants to know where to purchase some good fish oils!

Also, a buddy stated that vaginal liquids give an individual an acceleration in work out productivity!

Simply curious to know if this is true or false, lawls!

#578 ·
I recently bought some whey protein (2kgs), but I'm not too sure on how much/ how often I should take it. From research I have found two conflicting ideas: taking it after workouts or taking it daily.

Would I be better taking a small amount each day, or would I be better only taking it in larger quantities after each workout? In addition, when is the best time to take whey protein?

Is mixing protein with creatine supplements okay as well?

#579 ·
For whey protein I have a shake after I workout and then on days I do not workout, I just have it randomly during the day. I have read a lot of stuff where guys are drinking them two to three times a day, which for me and probably yourself, you do not need to do.

Just take the scooper that came in your pale and that is good enough or whatever the recommended amount is on the pale.

And yah you can mix protein and creatine.

#580 ·
Im 5'9
Weigh anywhere between between 170 to 175 pounds.

I work out to get/stay lean so i don't use a lot of heavy weights, although i make sure to up the wights i do use a little bit every two weeks so my body doesn't get used to them. Its more about repetitions for me and doing a variety of different work outs the correct way with good form.

Im working towards my muscles having definition, i don't care really how much i weigh as long as i look good.

I started P90X two months ago, it works pretty well. I love the plan they have because your working out everyday and it gives a variety of ways to meet your goal, whatever it may be. Push ups and pull ups are a big part of it, so your working with your own body to shape it. Although, i hate the instructor for the videos, Tony. I wanna punch that fucker sometimes. lol

Ive seen a lot of improvement in my arms and core.
My legs and back have always been good because i used to be on the drum line in high school. Marching with a heavy ass drum for 4 years will give you strong legs and back, but i still want definition in them as well so i don't neglect them.

I used to jog 2.6 miles (according to google maps) three times a week but my knee started fucking up so i stopped although now because i have more strength in my legs I'm gonna start running again.

so that's it
if you guys have any suggestion for me it would be greatly appreciated =)

#583 ·
Protein: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

This is what I take and I really like it. Do got to have it with a shake though, just mixing with water is horrible.

Creatine I could not tell you. I know nothing about the tablets, have not even read up on them at all. If you go with the powder, just go for something cheap tbf. That is the advice these guys gave me after I tried some of the more "Name Brand" stuff.

#582 ·
I try to get 3 protein shakes a day. 1 Muscle Milk when I wake up, 1 Myofusion or Isoflex PW, and 1 Muscle Milk before bed (there's some slow digesting casein in there).

Muscle Milk is amazinggg. The taste is oh so delicious, the fats are all healthy lean lipid fats which actually help burn fat rather than store it, and it helps meet your protein requirements. I'm not going to lie though, the content isn't really anything special. 16 grams per scoop isn't anything to brag about but the whole fat dilemma in Cytosport's Muscle Milk is often misinterpreted.

#585 · (Edited)
Well, I'm 21, about 5'5", and I'm not sure what my weight exactly is, but I think it's somewhere between 170 - 180 lbs, which would technically make me really overweight or borderline obese. Anyways, what I've been doing for the past few days is walking/jogging on the treadmill 3+ miles a day for about an hour a day and I've planned on doing this about everyday for at least the rest of the summer to really lose some weight. I don't know if I should be doing more or less or anything other than walking/jogging. Any suggestions/help? :)

#588 ·
Nolo King heard that taking steroids orally could cause liver damage!

Just curious to find out whether taking a smaller does orally will lessen the impact!

Anyone with information may be rewarded, for their input, lawls!

#598 · (Edited)
Taking steroids orally is the worst way, as it has to be processed and digested in your body (as opposed to injecting straight into the muscle) and can cause liver damage over time. Taking a smaller dose would theoretically minimise risks slightly, but the effects of the steroids (ie amount of testosterone) would be less too so it really wouldn't be worth the health risks. If someone does take them orally it is best to supplement with milk thistle tablets to help protect your liver.

Unless you are a professional bodybuilder who earns money from their physique, you really have to weigh up the pros and cons of steroids. Is it worth the associated health risks that come with them. I am a personal trainer and have trained myself for nearly 10 years and have a reasonably good physique which has been built through blood, sweat, tears and squats! I have never taken, nor would I ever take steroids but that is a personal choice. I never advise anyone to take/not take them - but if people are thinking about it, it is best to educate yourself on what you are taking, what it does in your body and the possible side effects. I have seen too many young lads abusing steroids and ending up with horrible acne, and other side-effects, and most don't even have a decent physique as they take steroids to make up for a poor diet and crap workout programme.

I will now step down from my soapbox, lol.

#593 ·
I’ve been working out hard for the last couple of weeks to lose a few pounds and while I have been losing weight and eating good, I want to lose weight at a faster pace than right now.

Breakfast: Eggs and whole grain bread
Snack: Apple and yogurt
Lunch: Whole grain rice with a side of veggies
Snack: Mixed fruits
Dinner: Chicken with carrots

That’s my usual eating day. What am I doing wrong if anything? Am I being too unrealistic to think that I’m going to lose 20 or so pounds in a couple weeks?

#595 ·
Does anyone here have any good tips for cutting that last 10-15 pounds. I have definition in my pecs, upper abs, and obliques but right now the lower abdominals aren't as visable.

Maybe cut/change/add something else out of my diet? Right now, I don't eat alot and I don't take any supplements so I was thinking about boosting my protein intake because protein helps cut some fat, correct? If that sounds like a plan, anyone suggest any particular type of whey?

I'm going to try and start doing maybe 20 minutes of cardio in the morning when I wake up. But I'm not going to lie, I'm a lazy fuck, so waking up a little earlier will be easier said than done. I do workout for about 45 minutes to an hour after work though.

so yeah...cutting techniques....

#596 ·
Right I know this is a little vague, But Im about 5'8 about 91/2 to 10 stones (dunno pounds) and m looking for a good work out program That will initially help me put on quite a bit of muscle and hopefully tone and define too. The situation Im is is Im an average size really, My shoulders and pecks are a good size and I can do 100+ Ab crunches without to much effort but I do have abit of fat on the stomach, not to much but it just hides away the Ab muscles.
Anyway I was just wondering If anybody can suggest exercises and what I should eat in order too:

Build ARMS, (The whole arm and shoulders really, they are the smallest part of my body and the weakest.)
To define abs
And gain as much muscle as possible in other areas such as legs, although this one isn't as important as the two above.

Oh and Im 16 so i don't want a particularly High impact training program.

#599 ·
I'm currently doing morning exercies which are consisting of push-ups, squatting & pumping abs. Also i'm trying not to eat sweets, bread & any greasy food. I have some progress... but for a few days i'm become to lazy & allowed me to eat some sweets & bread. But i'm going to cancel it again because i'm working hard to lose weight & don't want to stop on progress made so far :)

#600 ·
I'm looking for some help. Over the last year or so I've lost a lot of weight (i'm around 150-160 pounds atm). Most days I do around 5k on a exercise bike that I bought and I also do a lot of walking. The thing Im looking for help for is that despite losing all the weight I still, for lack of a better term, have a Tommy Dreamer type gut(its probably actually a little worse than Tommy's). Im not looking to have a six pack or anything, but what can I do to lose some of the excess body fat??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.